Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pokémon Shield: the Dynasty AND NOW Sword!

Hello folks!

One of the things I like to do with the next gen Pokémon game releases is that I to keep everything from spoilers and then play the game fresh, without any major knowledge of what is going on. That way I can approach the game fresh and clean.

Recently, Pokémon Sword and Shield were released. Given that before, I have done my first dynasty here with you folks, I felt that made a lot of sense moving forward for Moon as well!

(For example, check out white here) Pokemon White – The Dynasty! - Front Office Football Central

Or Moon here - Pokemon Moon - The Dynasty - Front Office Football Central

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-08-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let’s get started!

My main character is named Clarabelle. She’s the darkest skinned of the four base options.

For those who may not remember, ever since Knights of the Old republic I play as women characters. I choose a female name that has my own in it somewhere (like ElizABEth or IsABElle, etc.)

I had heard from a lot of friends that KOTOR was this amazing game, and it was by a company I respected, so I bought it and played in a few months after release, and as a lark, I chose to play as a women.

My experience was not as good. My romantic option was weaker, and there were multiple times when I was referred to by the male pronoun, not female. It was weird, and I remembered back in BG2 when the same creator had introduced romantic paths for you with your NPC,s, and there was just one if you were a women (and who’d want Anomen?) despite other single young males being options (like Minsc!), but you had a lot more choices for romantic partners if you were a male from drow clerics to wingless flying elves. The experience playing a male character gave you more options, but why?

And after seeing the issues in KOTOR1 (that were worse in 2 btw) I began to play as women to see what that experience was like, where possible, although in many games, that wasn’t even an option. Anyways, I’m a ten year old black girl named Clarabelle.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-04-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Shield is what I have. Need to pick it back up, but it's probably been the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game ever. Mudbray is absolutely amazing, which pleases me since donkeys are my favorite animals.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awesome!

Old 12-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I won’t do any research as I want to play this generation fresh. I don’t want to head in with any sort of a plan for who I am aiming for.

I like to steer towards new Pokemon that play nice and feel good. Where possible, I try to use only new Pokemon, and where that is not possible, I’ll dip into Pokemon from older games I’ve not used for the wins.

For example, in Moon and Ultra Sun I used Pokemon from previous games like Alola Muk, Metagross, Hawlucha, and Carbink. In no case where those Pokemon I’d ever used before.

I even keep a list of Pokemon I’ve won with in every edition over multiple plays – I take this seriously.

I have won 17 times. Even allowing for some duplication with cool legendaries (Articuno, Regice, Azelf, Entei) I’ve allowed myself to use my favorite Pokemon of all time twice – and that’s Tropius, who’ve actually pretty weak.

Want to see:

1st Game – Pokemon Sapphire
1. Sceptile
2. Pelipper
3. Aggron
4. Magneton
5. Torkoal
6. Tentacruel

2nd Game – Pokemon Sapphire

1. Tropius
2. Blaziken
3. Gyarados
4. Sharpedo
5. Jolteon
6. Shedinja

3rd Game – Pokemon Emerald

1. Regice
2. Tropius
3. Swampert
4. Kyogre
5. Flygon
6. Heracross

1st Game – Pokemon FireRed

1. Blastoise
2. Zapdos
3. Articuno
4. Hypno
5. Victreebell
6. Magmar

2nd Game – Pokemon LeafGreen

1. Charizard
2. Poliwrath
3. Raichu
4. Articuno
5. Scyther
6. Dragonite

1st Game – Pokemon HeartGold

1. Tauros
2. Gyarados
3. Meganium
4. Ho-oh
5. Pinsir
6. Misdreavus

1st Game – Pokemon Diamond

1. Azelf
2. Dialga
3. Lucario
4. Torterra
5. Drifblim
6. Garchomp

1st Game – Pokemon Platinum

1. Azelf
2. Empoleon
3. Giratina
4. Rotom
5. Rapidash
6. Magnezone

1st Game – Pokemon White

1. Victini
2. Cobalion
3. Thundurus
4. Virizion
5. Zekrom
6. Haxorus

1st Game – Pokemon Black 2

1. Samurott
2. Crobat
3. Espeon
4. Magnezone
5. Lucario
6. Volcarona

1st Game – Pokemon X

1. Greninja
2. Xerneas
3. Venusaur
4. Talonflame
5. Pangoro
6. Tyrantrum

1st Game – Pokemon Y

1. Delphox, “FireFox”, level 77, holding Amulet Coin, knows Psychic, Flamethrower, Will-o-Wisp, and Psyshock.
2. Snorlax, Level 68, holding Lucky Bell, knows Strength, Rock Smash, Yawn, and Giga Impact
3. Lapras, “Izzy”, level 78, holding Leftovers, knows Ice Beam, Surf, Waterfall, and Freeze-Dry
4. Gogoat, “Jenny”, level 74 , holding Meadow Plate, knows Earthquake, Horn Leech, Milk Drink, and Leaf Blade
5. Toxicroak, “Croakers”, level 72, holding Black Sludge, knows Cut, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, and Revenge.
6. Aegislash, “Gram”, level 75, holding Metal Coat, knows Shadow Claw, Sacred Sword, Iron Head, and Swords Dance

1st Game – Pokemon Omega Ruby

1. Latios
2. Altaria
3. Gyarados
4. Sceptile
5. Aggron
6. Breloom

1st Game – Pokemon Moon

1. Muk
2. Decidueye
3. Oranguru
4. Kommo-O
5. Golisopod
6. Mudsdale

1st Game – Pokemon Ultra Sun

1. Incineroar
2. Hawlucha
3. Carbink
4. Naganadel
5. Metagross
6. Zeraora

1st Game – Pokemon Coliseum, if it counts

1. Raichu
2. Entei
3. Suicune
4. Umbreon
5. Espeon
6. Meganium

1st Game – Pokemon XD, ditto

1. Houndoom
2. Salamence
3. Lugia
4. Amphardos
5. Shiftry
6. Kangaskhan

There you are!

Old 12-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I am going to make one, single, exception I am going to research the starter, as it’s the most important one you’ll make. I’ve made some bad choices at times in my first run in games.

I also try, where possible to reduce my legendary parties. I used to embrace them but now I see them more as a crutch.

Here are the three options:

So who do I like?

The options are going to be.

Huh. Looks like this is the first generation since Gen 2 where all of the starters begin mono-typed and remain that way the entire time. Charizard gained flight, Empoleon steel, etc.

Grass – Grookey

Hello monkey boy!

Plusses and Minuses –

- While they will occasionally mix these tendencies up, grass is not normally a type that competes with powerful Pokemon later in the game, especially with legendary Pokemon. I think Verizon was the only commonly available grass type legendary.
- Grass owns seas and lakes and those areas of maps, and does well in caves as well, where you tend to face a lot of water or ground/rock Pokemon, all of which grass is super good against. Is this game based on the UK going to have a lot of islands?
- One of the roles I like my party to have is a harasser Pokemon, who puts you to sleep, paralyzes, poisons, etc. It’s good for capturing Pokemon, as well as fighting folks. Grass is often good for that role (Bulbasaur was a good harasser with Sleep Power and similar moves available which you could combine with its attacking stuff)
- The grass type is weak to many types from bug to flying, and fire and more. It’s only strong against fighting, water, and grass attacks. Grass ghost on the other hand is weak to dark, fire, flying, ghost, and ice, totally immune to normal, fighting, and strong vs ground, water, grass, and electric. So on defense, it improves with it’s final evolution
- It’s doesn’t look bad at it’s final evolution, but the earliest one aren’t my style of looks
- It’s a punch monkey. It needs fight badly.
- It starts fast and punchy, but then slides into better hp, and it’s final evolution is well rounded with speed, att, def, and

Scorbunny –

Hello rabbit lady

- Fire by itself is resistant to a full 6 types, and weak to just three – water, ground, and rock
- When fully leveled into fire/dark, it’s weak to fighting too, and immune to psychic.
- It leans towards attack and speed. It finishes with a better speed.
- It looks fine, especially the final evolution, but a bit…obvious…for an Nintendo character.
- Fire does well in forests against both bugs and grass, but is weak in mountains, caves, or on water, where your foes tend to be rocks and water
- There is often a ton of competition for fire Pokémon later on. This is particularly true for legendary pokemon, where Entei, Ho-Oh, Moltres, Victini, Heatran, and such are all running around.

Sobble –

- Water by itself is weak to just two types and resistant to four.
- Unlike the first two, it’s strongest stat is special attacks
- It’s always vital to give a Pokemon the HM Surf (If it’s in this game,that was removed in Moon/Sun). It’s good for a water starter to have that ability later on.
- Like fire above, water is a hotly contested spot with legendaries a-go-go often grabbed before the final battles, from Kyogre to Suicune.
-
- It’s not my favorite looking Pokemon I’ve ever seen. I like the name of it’s final evolution but it looks like a disaffected wanna be.

So what to do?

Which of these final stat columns would I prefer?

Water is a glass cannon that goes fast, and has great special attack and then that’s it. No def, spec d, att, or even HP.

The fire is more well rounded than water, with speed and attack instead, and drops a little to give it better hp. It also has dropped it’s D too, and thus is also a little of an attack glassery too.

So, we’re doing Grass. It’s the most well rounded.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:32 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let’s get started:

I begin in my house. Hello mother and neighbor named Hop! I grab my mothers awesome old leathery bag and head out to explore! Goodbye house Munchlax. And Budew. There’s a sheepish looking Pokemon called a Wooloo at his side, not a fancy Mareep. Stop tackling that fence!

We have a footrace to his house I go slow to explore the town of Postwick with the many sheepers here. And like three buildings. Hop heads out to the station to meet his big bro and the local Pokechampion. Which should be a word although it’s not.

We head out and he tells me that his Wooloo can protect me if needed. Route 1! No grass for us the game keeps us from heading there. Hello fancy Leon and the big ol crowd waiting for ya here at Wedgehurst. This is the guy who’s Charizard you see fighting in the opening scene against a challenger that gets meganormous. Which again, should be a word but ain’t. Which is a better word that people think.

Leon greets his bro Hop, dude wears a cape.

Back in Leon has brought Hop and me Pokies.

Welcome Grookey!

I jokingly referred to it as “Punch Monkey” above, but I think that’s a cool nickname, so welcome.!

I may use PM to refer to him at times.

Hop takes the water starter and the fire heads to Leon.

Old 12-04-2019, 11:14 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have a barbeque home to celebrate Leon’s return. The next day Hop announces me as a rival and offers battle. Let’s do it to it!

Punch Monkey vs Wooloo his sheep. Scratch! Tackle back. Again! It repeats. Once more with feeling! Fainted. level up! We learn a move called Branch Poke. Here comes his Sobble. I use Branch Poke. He pounds first. I get a super effective hit with type. Again! Growl vs Branch Poke. Down rival. Bye Hop! You’d better, ummmm, hop to getting some better Pokémon…

Another level now we are rocking 7. I also pocket a cool 400 pokecash. Leon tells me to do a good jorb as Hop’s rival, and heals up my Punch Monkey. We are tasked with heading to a local research lab and grabbed a Pokedex.

The wooloo tacking the fence finished and it’s broken! Hop and I head in to follow! We have to saves it!

Welcome to the Slumbering Weald

We are in dark woods. We encounter a wild Skwovet, a squirrely looking thang. I’ve no Pokeballs, so just kill and move. Hop heals Grookey. We find another few locals and defeat them. I pass through some nasty white mist.

Whoa! Hello big giant wolf pokemon! I’m fighting but its ??? and no known level. Alright. Branch Poke! No effect. Scratch? No effect. Mist enshrouds the battlefield. Growl, no effect. Mist whitens and the battle passes.

It clears and the mist does too, no giant wolf. Here comes Leon to save the day. Leon finds the missing pokemon with his Charizard. We tell Leon and he tells of legends of a powerful Pokemon here.

We leave the Slumbering Weald behind.

I tell mother that I am heading out to grab the Pokedex. She hands me cash and 5 Pokeballs.

Back to Route 1 .Hello Hop!

I head into the grass and fight a wild Rookidee. It’s a small flyer, level 3. I scratch it. Again! It’s deep red. I use PokeBall.

Welcome to the team:

Rookidee, which I have nicknamed “Parliament.”

That’s an in-joke to two things. One, a group of Rooks are referred to as a parliament. It’s also the name of a Neil Gaiman issue in the Sandman series.

Old 12-04-2019, 11:43 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I stay here. There’s a level 3 wild Wooloo. Scratch! Again! Again! Deep red. Pokeball and…..got it!

Welcome Wooloo! I nicknamed it “Sheeple”.

Punch Monkey levels and gains Taunt.

I run into the Skwovet too. Scratch! Again! Capture!

And….

Yup!

Welcome! I nicknamed her “Choppers.”

Parliament levels and gains Power Trip.

I run into a wild Nickit. Level 6. Scratch! Again! Once more. Pokeball!

Got it!

I name it “Firefox”

All of my team levels.

Now I am not looking them up, but the flyer could be this gen’s Pigdey or insert random early bird that levels a few times and isn’t bad later.

After fighting some more I have some more levels. I leave and head to town to heal up!

I did grab the balls here that had various minor things like a potion in them.

Looks like this game has an XP share from the beginning which may not be a bad way to go.

Post route 1 I have a level 9 PM, 7 Parliament, and 6 Sheeple, Firefox and 5 Choppers.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:29 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome (back) to Wedgehurst! I find the Lab. Leon is outside and we head right on in. We meet Professor Magnolia. Also here is Sonia, who was Leon’s old rival back in the day, and now probably some romantic tension is going on. And her cute dog too. I get a pokedox and tasked with swinging by a certain house on route 2.

The train station here is broken and out of service.

I arrive at the PC after meeting with Hop along the way. Hop tells me he’s heading to Route 2, cough cough, and then runs out. I heal my Pokies. They are selling healthy things like potions and such, but I don’t see any Pokeballs.

There is a renamer move learner and forgetter here.

I head out. I talk with everyone here and enter every house. I find a Pokedoll. I enter a boutique. I don’t buy any new clothes.

Nothing else here. Fine. Route 2 it is. Hop’s here. Here you need to be endorsed to take the gym challenge, and Hop wasn;t endorsed by Leon. He thinks the Prof in her shack on route 2 might sponsor us so we have to head out.

Leon finds us just before we head into the grass and was happy I’d already caught a bunch. I got 20 Pokeballs.

I run into a level 5 Yamper, a dog that was Sonia’s. Scratch! Again! Go pokeball….

Got it!

Hello Yamper! I have nicknamed you “Barksalot”

Three levels up. Since it happens so often, I’ll skip until we leave RTE 2 and then give you an update then.

I find and grab a Zigzagoon.

This one has dark. When did that start? Is this a local region like the locals were in Alola?

Is that a chewtoy? Scratch!

I am wounded but I take it. It’s a water Pokemon that looks weak. Is this the Gen 8 Gyarados?

Welcome to the team, “Hint of Majesty” Names too long I just due MajesticHint. To the box!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-05-2019 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head back to the P. Center and heal.

Any changes to my party I want to try?

I pull Choppers. The normal thing doesn’t move me.

Right now I have:

Dark with Firefox

Electr with Barks

Grass with my main

Fly with Parliament

Normal with Sheeple

I pull Firefox and send in Majesty. I leave an open slot.

I buy 10 PBs and get a free Premier one on my way out

Actually I grab the Zigzagoon and name it “Fearcoon.” Let’s se e what it can do.

We leave the grass and arrive at our first trainer battle vs Jake.

Punch Monkey vs Skwovet – Branch Poke - Tackle back. Again! Ko! We win 360 in cash

Another patch of grass is here and I encounter a new Pokemon – a Blipbug. It has a nasty attack against my leader, so I was hurt.

It’s ours!

Meet “Buggers”!

Old 12-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My main learns Razor Leaf.

I get healed up at the main PC again and head back out.

I return.

I find a few items like more balls.

I run into Pokémon trainer Lauren:

Punch Monkey vs Chewtle. Razor Leaf! One hit ko. I get 504 cash.

Trainer Benjamin is next:

Pm vs Blipbug. I swap to Parliament. I take a Struggle Bug. Peck! Finished! He is send out Nickit, the dark one. Hmmm. I leave out Parl. Peck! Again! KO’d. Trainer doner. I got 420 cash.

I find a fishing spot and grab a Magikarp! I capture it without even attacking it.

I finish up route two and my Pokies are: PM 12, 10 for Parliament, 9 for Barks, 8 for others.

Hello Hop! Leon! We find the prof here. They agree to sponsor us if we dazzle them with our battle.

They heal us.

I find a Great Ball.

Battle –

Punch vs Wooloo. Razor Leaf! Dropped it to red. I am very overleveld at 12 to his 6. Rl again! Ko’d. Lvles for PM, Parls, Sheep, and Hint

I send out Barksalot against his Rookidee. Nuzzle! Super effective, hurt and paralyzed. Again! Red. He uses Leer. Again! Done. Next? His water starter. I leave out Barks.

Nuzzle! Paralyzed after a water gun. Again! Hurt into yellow. Once more. Red. Water gun almost drops me. Again! KOd. Good jorb!

We win and grabbed a cool 640. In cash.

We are now being endorsed by Hop for the Gym Quest.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Something falls from the sky called wishing stars. Sonia arrives from the Lab. We all have dinner together and the Prof uses our wishing stars to make dynamax bands that can basically enbiggen our Poke smokes. But only in the right places

I do a surprise trade and send off my Magikarp.

Barks levels on the way back to the train station to begin our journey. He gains Bite

I kick Sheeple out of my party – haven’t been impressed.

We arrive at the bus station far behind Hop and he gives us the TM Swift. Our mothers arrive with some camping gear.

We head on the train. We are heading to Motostoke to face a gym leader.

The train halts early due to a flock of wooloo on the tracks at a wild zone.

We head out into the wild zone.

I buy another 10 and get a free Premier. We are given 5 Pokedolls

Hello wild area!

We run into Sonia who is investigating the Poke we saw in the dreaming. Hop runs off. She gives me a Link for my Box. I can access storage remotely.

I find some stuff and check out a wandering Onix. Level 26. Razor Leaf! It Curses. Barely hurts it despite the super effective part. I run. Bye Onix!

Old 12-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I find a wild Baltoy. I accidentally killed it.

I’ll tell you about the levels up after.

Whoa! Hello Tyrogue! Scratch. Capture! The young fighter needs 2 balls to bring it.

I also grab a Metapod, Bunnelby, Growlithe, Baltoy

I head back to the train station for a quick heal.

I find my first Pokemon den. There’s 300 here and I invite some other locals to join. My first raid battle, here we go!

Vs Cutiefly. I have Parliament who has a type advantage

We ko it on turn 3. And I capture it! It has lots of stuff like candies,berrrys, more.

Trainer battle vs Chloe

Grookey vs Grookey. Scratch, A few leers and such. Taunt. Now I drop a few more scratches. Many turns later, we win.

My next is against Scorbunny fire starter. I send out Hint. Water gun! It QAs me with a crit, then kills me. It was level 14 to my 10. Barks next. Nuzzle! It works and we’ve paralyzed my foe. Bite. It breaks out and Embers me to death a 2nd time. I send out Fearcoon. Sand Attack! Drops accuracy. We dodge. Next is Snarl, a dark attack. Works. 4 Snarls later? Done

I send Punch in for Sobble. Razor Leaf! One hit ko.

We win. We gainsed 2600.

I head back for healing

Old 12-05-2019, 10:03 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I find a raid with a Hoothoot and I send out Barks. Let’s do it! Nuzzle! We paralyze it. It damages everyone. It misses it’s 2nd turn. We ko it on turn 3. I dispatch a PB. And? Ours! Got lots of stuff and a Hoothoot.

I find a Roselia. Taunt. Scratch. It drains me poorly. Captured! Shr’s ;level 15 too

Fearcoon gained Headbutt.

I have my first evolution!

My main has evolved!

I swap Taunt for Double Hit.

I swap the level 15 Roselia for Tyrogue in my party.

She can be a good harasser to capture stuff.

I find a Pancham. I grab it too. I also add a Roggenrola, and

Here’s a a very strong looking Diggersby! Razor Leaf! Again! It takes out my admittedly wounded starter. Barks is next. I want to Nuzzle it. It Bulldozes and kills me. Out heads Roselia. Leech seed. It kos me in one hit. Fearcoon? Headbutt drops it barely, and it drops me to red. I try to run. Peace!

I head back to the train station and buy some more balls.

I find some more items. I choose raid on a Natu. Here we go! Nuzzle! It Kos me. Barks is back. My Nuzzle paralyzes it. It falls turn 3 and here goes my PW. And…. It’s ours!

Raid on a bug. I use Parliament. It’s a…Grubbin. This time we finish it on turn 5. Pokeball….
Captured

Old 12-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I capture a Stuffol, Goldeen, Shellder, Oddish,

I head back, heal, and grab 20 more balls.

I add a Pidove to the team. We also grab a Budew, Tympole, Lotad, Purrlion,

I find a araid for a Ghastly, and use Fearcoon who has Dark. 3rd turn ko.

It looks different, so I name it “Spooksalot” and sub it in for Roselia. It’s level 17.

I find a Watt merchant back here in an apple grove and buy some Heal Balls from him.

Parliament earns pluck

I use it for a raid battle for a Caterpie. We grab it on turn 2.

We run another raid vs a Churbi. 2nd turn ko as well, captured

Other than bigger ones in the middle, the only ones we actually killed was a Combee that I didn’t get. Time to head out.

I hit a Butterfree raid and use barks. On turn 5 I dynamax back and take it out. Butterfree breaks free. We didn’t take it.

I raid for a Munchlax on the way over. Turn 4 kill. Ours!

We hit a Wingull on the way over and add it. A Krabby too. Wooper as well. Mudbray too.

Majestic Hint gained protect

I raid a Bunnelby. 2nd turn ko. Ours.

Wwe’ve reached the end:

Level check:

Punch – 19
Parliament – 16
Barks 14
Hint 14
Fearcoon 14
Spooks 17

Old 12-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I run into Sonia who grabs me and takes me to the PC here. I’m not feeling Ghastly so I drop it.

I but 10 Net balls while here. I explore everything. I get the Focus Energy TR.

I enter a Battle Café.

Parl vs Combee. Pluck! Down. Good job! 800 cash.

I head to the stadium for my first gym battle.

Leon is here with his Charizard. He gives me a Miracle Seed I hand to my Punch Monkey.

Here’s Hop in front of the stadium. I head in. We register. I choose the number 11.

I need to head to a nearby hotel. Sonia is inside. She tells us the myth we are exploring. We run into Team Yell here, they look like nasty sport fans.

Grunt #1 – Parliament vs Zigzagoon. Pluck! KO! Done, 720 cash

Grunt #2 – Parl vs Nickit – Pluck. T gets off a quick attack. KO. Barks levels. Done. 720 more

Grunt #1 & 2 – Hop joins. Parl and his Wooloo against the same two. Kod both, 1440 more

We run into a challenger named Marnie who chastises the Yells, and apologizes for them.

We head to sleep.

Morning

Old 12-06-2019, 12:20 AM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head back. The opening ceremony begins.

The ceremony occurs and many challengers take the field. They introduce the gym leaders.

We meet the MC Rose who designed the bands. He heads out. I need the Grass badge first.

I get access to a Flying Taxi for flying.

I find TM Pay Day.

There is a TM Mart here at the PC outside of the Hotel.

I find hop. He wants a battle. Ok

Parliament vs Wooloo =Pluck. Again! Barely damaged from a tackle. Parl levels to 17

PM vs Sobble – Razo Leaf! His hasn’t evolved yet. Done.

Fearcoon vs Rookidee. Headbutt. He pecks. Again! He leers. Once more! Ko. Levels by Fear and Hint. Fear can learn Baby-Doll Eyes. I give it up. 1120 for winning

Old 12-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 3

I run into a flowery looking Pokemon called a Gossifleur. Pretty. I knock it down with some lesser attacks and then…. Got it!

Say hello to “Flowers,”

I head back to the PC. Let’s heal up. Is Flowers possibly my harasser Pokémon that catches and such? It’s level 14. Grass. It does have Sing to sleepify. But I have a Grass already. I doubt another Grass joins the club. I drop off Flowers in the box and head back to route 3

I come across a Stunky here in tour 3. I snag it.

Trainer:

Lass Rei – Parl vs Vulpix Pluck. Ember back. Crit. Again! Down, and PArl gained a level. 1008 in pokecash

Evolution!

Parliament evolved

I head back to Motostoke for a quick lil heal

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-06-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:19 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am exploring Route 3 some more. Found some heal balls.

Trainer Battle – Hannah Fearcoon vs Pancham. Headbutt. KOd me. Next is Majestic Hint. Water Gun. Tackle back, again,KOd the Pancham. 936 in cash.

Heal and return.

Trainer – Marvin. Fearcoon vs Budew. Headbutt! Absorb back. Again! KOd. Next is Gossifeur. I send out Parliament. Pluck! KOd in one hit. Fearcoon levels. 720 cash.

Hello Sonia! She shows me the lay of the land and a mine owned by the Chairman. She hands me an Escape Rope and heals my Pokes Smokes.

I run into a odd rocklike looking creature with a giant eye in a front looking eyepiece called a Rolycoly. This gen’s Geodude? Snarl! Again! Whoops, crit. Sorry. I grab another. Snarl! Again! Can I snag it?

Yup! Meet “Rockzilla.” I’ll add it to the 6th slot for my party.

Trainer Kayleigh. Fearcoon vs Purrloin – Headbutt! It flinched Again! KOd. Skwovet is next and I send out nothing. Headbutt! Flinch. Again! Tail Whip. Snarl! Ko. Defeated. 936 in cash.

I find Tm 37 Beat Up

Trainer Tad – Fearcoon vs Delibird. Headbutt? Flinch. Again! Present back. Snarl. Done and down. Defeated. 1344 taken

Trainer Peter – Fearcoon vs Sizzlipede. Looks like fire/bug? Open with Headbutt. Wrap back. Snarl. Wrap again. Snarl. Foe kod. Next? Levels for Barks and Rock. Next is something called Dottler. I send out Punch. I don’t know what it is. Looks like a camping tent Pokémon. Scratch. Confusion back. Razor Leaf? Not vey effective, probably bug. Uses Light screen against me. Again. Once more after another Confusion. Taken down. Levels by Fearcoon and Parl. 840

As I leave route 3 I get heal from a healer. My team:

Punch Monkey – Level 20
Parliament – 19
Barksalot, Fearcoon, Hint, 17
Rockzilla, 14

Old 12-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Galar Mine

I am exploring, fighting some locals and more. I find a star piece/

Trainer – Keith. Fearcoon vs Roggenrola. Snarl! Tackle back. Again! Avoided. Harden. Again! Done. 1400

I find some more great balls. TM54 Rock blast,

Trainer – Georgia – Fearcoon vs Timburr. I swap Parliament. We are double weak against fight. Pound on me. Pluck! Down. I leave it out for another. Pluck! Down. A 3rd arrives. Pluck, yup, down, yup. 1400 in cash.

TM26 Scary Face is next appropriated.

Trainer Sandra – Fears vs Diglett. Snarl. Scratch on me. Again! Down. Levels by fear, Pm, and Barks. Drillbur arrives. Snarl! Dark is fine vs steel. Again! Rapid spin back. Again! Rapid Spin drops me to red, but Drillbur falls. Parl and Rock level. 1500 for victory.

I race outside for sweet healing.

I run into and capture a Timburr. I find a hard stone and hand it to Rockzilla. I find a Woobat and capture it.

Trainer – Russel – Fearcoon vs Rolycoly. Snarl. Snarl after a tackle back. Another tackle. Another Snarl. Down. Finished and we grab 1500

I find a pear of Heavy Duty Boots

I run into an older lady. She was chosen by the Chair.

Challenge.

Fearcoon vs Solosis. Snarl! Badly hit. Endeavor back. Again. Finished. Hint levels. Something called Hatenna is next. I send out my main. Razor Leaf? Normal. Confusion back. Again! Fainted. Next is Gothita. I send out Fearcoon. Tickle. I use Snarl. Super effective lowers sp. Attk. Tickle from my foe. Repeat. Deep red. Pound back. Once more! Out. 1920 cash

I find a bag of stardust.

Mine behind

Punch Monkey – Level 21
Parliament – 20
Barksalot, Fearcoon, Hint, 18
Rockzilla, 16

Old 12-06-2019, 10:20 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 4

Healed

Trainer – Jaime – Fearcoon vs something cool – a weird Meowth. Snarl! Fakeout used by it. Flich. Snarl again. Fake tears. Again! Scratch. Let’s finish this. KOd. Rock levels. I leave my guy out for his Seedot. Headbutt! Rollout back. Again! Crit, down. Nice! Butterfree? Send out Barks. Nuzzle. Confusion on me. We para it. Again! Supersonic attack misses. Again! Confusion again. Bite. KOd. Barks and Fear level to 19. 1440 for winning

Back for healing.

There’s a Pumpakoo. Can we capture it? Yup!

Trainer – Fearcoon vs Pikachu – Headbutt. It uses Elecrotball. I am paralyzed. I swap to Rockzilla. QA by my foe. Smack Down! Electroball. It faints. Level by Rock. 720 for winning

Evolution!

Rocks is now a Carkol and gained the fire type which is pretty useful. It gains Flame Charge. I’ll take rock/fire.

I head for healing. I find some nest balls.

I run into and capture an Electrike. I also fight the odd Meowth. And I capture it too after a few balls.

I nickname it Steelwhiskers as it’s a steel type.

Trainer Bradley – Majestic Hint vs Elecrtike. I swap in Rock. Leer. Flame Charge. Leer. FC. KOd. Levels for Barks and MH. Spark learned by Barks. I leave this out for Lotad. Flame Charge! Absorb. FC. KO. Level by Fearcoon.We win and gained 1440

Evolution!

Fearcoon evolved. I give him the Night slash move. I replace Snarl. I head back for more healing and return

Old 12-06-2019, 10:49 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 4

Healed

Trainer – Jaime – Fearcoon vs something cool – a weird Meowth. Snarl! Fakeout used by it. Flich. Snarl again. Fake tears. Again! Scratch. Let’s finish this. KOd. Rock levels. I leave my guy out for his Seedot. Headbutt! Rollout back. Again! Crit, down. Nice! Butterfree? Send out Barks. Nuzzle. Confusion on me. We para it. Again! Supersonic attack misses. Again! Confusion again. Bite. KOd. Barks and Fear level to 19. 1440 for winning

Back for healing.

There’s a Pumpakoo. Can we capture it? Yup!

Trainer – Fearcoon vs Pikachu – Headbutt. It uses Elecrotball. I am paralyzed. I swap to Rockzilla. QA by my foe. Smack Down! Electroball. It faints. Level by Rock. 720 for winning

Evolution!

Rocks is now a Carkol and gained the fire type which is pretty useful. It gains Flame Charge. I’ll take rock/fire.

Trainer – Sunny – Hint vs Milcery - Looks like a mug of beer. Water gun? Sweet scent back. Again. Again! Draining kiss. Down. Down kid too. 720 cash though for us.

I capture a Diglett. I run into a Wooloo that crashes into me. The gym leader is Milo who’s Wooloo just rammed me. They head back to town.

Trainer – Mia – MH vs Evee. Water gun. Headbutt. Bite. Again Great job! 720 for us

Trainer Rhys – MH vs Joltik. I send in Rockzilla. It uses a n attack called elecrtoweb. Flame Charge! Down and done. For a Grubbin I swap to Parliament. Pluck. Great. Trainer down and 672 in that sweet sweet cash.

I find a T07 Pin Missle back here.

We finish route 4 with:

Punch Monkey – Level 22
Parliament – 21
Barksalot, Fearcoon - 20
Hint, Rockzilla, 19

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-07-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:21 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello Hop!

He tells me we can’t get a match yet as there ae many other challengers. I need to talk to Sonia first. I head to the PC and heal. I snag another 20 balls.

There are a bunch of Stonehenge ruins here. I am finding a few X items. There’s a leaf stone.

Hello Sonia!

She talks of the locals legends and then gives me some Revives.

I head into town and talk of things. There’s legend here of a secret buried under the stones

Hop is coming out of the gym and he got his badge.

I move Parliament to the front spot on my roster.

I am trading my steel Meoweth for a normal one.

I have to do a gym mission to secure the ability to challenge the leader.

I begin!

Looks like a corn maze. I have to chase wooloo. Done.

Trainer – Sam. They have a Gossifleur. Pluck. Rapid Spin back. Again! Down. Level up for MH. 1536 cash

Trainer Mark – Budew. Pluck. Oddish heads out, Pluck again please. Thanks! 1632 for us

Trainer Leah – Bounsweet. Pluck! OHKO. Parl levels up. Oddish heads out next. Pluck.OHKO. Rocks levels. I give him ancient power. 1632 for the win

Milo Time!

Gym Battle #1 – Grass

He has two Pokeballs.

Battle #1 – Parliament vs Gossifleur. Pluck! Down to red. It uses Round. Again my winged friend. Down. Levels by Barks. I leave out Parliament.

Battle #2 – Parl vs Eldegoss. It’s the evolved form of Gossifleur. Pluck! It dynamaxes. It’s HUGE. Pluck drops it a bit. It uses Max Strike and drops me deep into yellow. Again! Down into early yellow. Here comes max overgrowth. Grass covers the battlefield. Parls is in red. PLUCk! Deep red, I was hoping. It finishes Parliament. Hmmm… I send out Rockzilla. Flame Charge! KOd. Good job team! Levels for Punch Monkey and Fearcoon. 3200cash

Grass Badge baby!

Tm10 Magical Leaf follows.

There’s a nearby wild area if I want to check it out, or I could just head to route 5 and then the next town.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 5

I find some leftovers and give them to Parliament to hold.

Trainer – Helioptile ad Klink vs Punch and Rock. Razor Leaf hurts both, and Flame Charge kod’s their Klink. Rapid Spin finishes their foe. 3600 I cold hard cash.

PM learns Knock Off. Headbutt is learned by Majestic Hint.

Trainer Stuart -Punch vs Applin – Knock Off. Astonish back. Once more. Complete. Barks levels. 2400

I run into a Spiritzee. Capture one. I also grab a Drifloon, and Mincinino.

And I run into a Applin as well. I capture it and name it “Bobbers”

Evolution!

Majestic Hint is now a Drednaw. It wants to learn rock tomb. I swap it for bite. It gained rock.

Alright let’s head back to town. I buy some more balls.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I heal, and then do a party and type check.

These are my 6 current folks in my squad and what types they have a STAB attack bonus against:

1. Punch Monkey, Grass. Good vs rock, ground, water.
2. Parliament, Flying, good vs Grass, Fighting, Bug
3. Rockzilla, Rock/Fire, Rock is good vs Flying, Bug, Ice, Fire; Fire is good vs Grass, Steel, Ice, Bug
4. Barksalot – Elec – good vs Water, Flying
5. Drednaw – Water/Rock – Water is good vs Ground, Rock, Fire; Rock is good vs Flying, Bug, Ice, Fire
6. Fearcoon – Dark/Normal – Dark is good vs Psychic, Ghost; Norm is good vs nothing

That means that assuming no additional type swaps, I have all types covered save for these:
Normal
Dragon
Fairy
Poison
Electric
Dark

That means 6 of the 18 types are ones I don’t have STAB super effective attacks against.

Assuming that Barks gains no types on evolution, is the first too head out. He’s the weakest member of my party right now and struggles in battles and has no additions he is adding, I already have anti-flying and anti-water. Also note that Drednaw’s rock/water isn’t much either. I have ground and rock and fire hatred from Rockzilla, and PM. I have the Rock’s anti-stuff from, well, the rock of Rockzilla. Right now Fearcoon is giving me two types with Dark, but Norm ain’t great.

As of right now,we’ll keep Barks and Drednaw in the party as I am sure Barks has at least another evolution, although Drednaw appears to be finished with evolving as the next one up in the Pokedex is known to me.

As of right, now, the top three are my early leads to last, as I know the bird will likely have a final finish like most of these early birds tend to. What that will be, and when, I don’t know. I suspect that the rock/fire has a third level up like Geodude or Rokkinrolla and other similar early rocks that will take two levels and finish powerfully, and his Fire/Rock is great coverage for the team. Just the four types of my starter Parl, and Rock give me coverage for 11 types. That’s the sort of power that can go the distance.

In case you care as I am about to head back out to Route 5 and the wild zone:

Punch Monkey – Level 25
Barksalot, Parliament – 23
Hint, Rockzilla, Fearcoon - 22

Key types to look for to give me max coverage include:

Ground (the only anti-elect)
Ice or Fairy for anti-Dragon
Poison or Steel for anti-Fairy
Fighting for anti Normal
Ground, Psychic for anti-Poison
Fight, Bug, or Fairy vs Dark

So, as you can see, Ground would cover two, as would Fighting. I want to keep up looking for those. If Drednaw were water/ground instead? Assuming if it didn’t suck statistically then that would have a more powerful cachet. A Fighting/Steel or Ice/Ground or something could get me a lot of coverages in one go.

Anyways, there you go!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-07-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:01 AM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back to Route 5:

Trainer Debra – Fearcoon vs Minccino – Headbutt. KO. I leave my guy out for Steenee. Headbutt again. Rapid Spin back. Night Slash! KO! Levels by Rocks and Parl. 1824 cash

Trainer Adrian – Fearcon vs Stufful. Headbutt. Tackle back. Again. Tackle back. Once more. Ko. Ralts is about to head out, I leave my guy. Night Slash! OHKO. Fears levels and gains Rest, I swap it for Lick. 1824 cash

I find a PokeNursery

I am given a Toxel here. It’s an Elect/Poi Pokemon. I’ll look at it in a moment. I name it “Croakers”

I find a shed shell.

I come across a Dottler. I send out Barks to paralyze with Nuzzle. I try to snag it and….

Yup!

Dottler!

I name it “Canvas”. It is a Bug/Psychic. While Bugs are minor, Psychic is strong, and this is useful. It looks like the leveled up version of that bug I found a long time ago,

I capture a Wobuffet.

I head back to the PC and swap Toxel at level 1 for my Turtle. I want to keep my electric dog for now to see what happens when he levels

I come across two Team Yells harassing someone for their bike.

Grunt #1 - Fearcoon vs Zigzagoon – Headbutt. OHKO. They send out Thievul which looks like the evolved form of the Nickit I had earlier. Headbutt again! Beat up back. I think I can finish it this turn and….yup. 1440 in cash

Grunt #2 – Fearcoon vs Sableye – Night Slash. Disable back. Again with Sand Attack. Finish him! 1440 cash

I get the bike so I can chase the goons

Hello Hop!

Punch Monkey vs Wooloo – Razor Leaf! OHKO. Barks vs Corvisquire. Spark! Peck on me. Paralyzed him! Again! KOd. Levles for Barks, Parl, Rock. Rockzilla vs Drizzile. That’s the starter. I thought it was another polemen. I swap out Punch. I take a round attack, and then I OHKO him.

Finally!

Here is Barks’s new form

Enjoy!

It did not gain any new forms though.

I run into an Eldegoss on the bridge and capture it.

I fly back to the PC, heal, and swap out Barks for Majestic Hint.

Trainer Denise – Parl vs Churbi. Pluck, OHKO. Rock vs Woobat. Ancient Power? OHKO. 1824 battle cash

More X items being found by myself

Trainer Gabrielle – Parl vs Croagunk. Pluck? Okho. Fight type. 1900 for the win

Hulbury! Site of the great water gym and stuff.

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 27
Parliament – 25
Rockzilla, Fearcoon - 24
Hint – 23
Croakers - 17

Old 12-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here are my current moves with Croakers:

Nuzzle, weak Elecr attack that always paralyzes; Flail is a norm attack that deals damage equal to the amount of wounds I have. Acid – early tackle or water gun level poison attack. Belch. 120 power, 90 accuracy. Have to eat a berry to use it. I hand a random berry to him for it.

As a reminder Poison attacks are good against grass/fairy, but weak vs a lot of folks (rock, ghost, ground, steel is immune.) Now I own three anti-grasses, although I am past the gym.

I see a scene in front of me as the chairman is coming down the road. He wants me to win the gym challenge here, and will hold a party for me if I do.

I begin exploring everywhere. I find a Magnet. There’s an incense stall seller here on the beach. I buy Luck incense for 11k. This doubles the cash I get from battles with the holder and I give it to my main. I pick up a single Revival Herb here.

I head down to the gym. On the way I find some net balls and get some experience fishing up Pokes by the docks. Rocks levels.

There’s a new Pokemon called an Arrokuda I just came across!

Can I bring it in? I sure can!

Meet “Scalejaw”.

Croakers and Parliament level too.

I head back to the PC for some healing and head back down the hill.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Of course the gym leader isn’t there she’s at the lighthouse. I head out.

Hello Nessa! We talk, and she heads to the Stadium. While here I explore some more.

Gym challenge time!

I have my starter Punch Monkey in front for the Gym. A water gym should be easy for a grass starter.

I arrive. These gym challenges remind me of the Legends of the hidden Temple kid’s show.

I have to pass waterfalls and such and turn some off to advance.

Trainer #1 – Julia – Punch vs Tympole. A Razor leaf ends it’s dreams. 4032 in cold hard cash.

Got past the first slate of waterfalls.

Trainer #2 – Heather – PM vs Krabby. OHKO. Fearcoon levels. I leave out for Corphish. Another Leaf OHKOs. 3840 in cash

Trainer #3 – Lynn – PM vs Remoraid. OHKO. Chewtle arrives. OHKO again. Croakers levels. 4032

Mission finished!

Water Battle Begins!

Battle #1 – Punch Monkey vs Goldeen. Razor Leaf. Protect, nope. Again! I take a small horn attack first, One hit KO. Down.

Battle #2 – Punch vs Arrokoda. Razor once more. One hit ko first. PM levels.

Battle #3 – Punch vs Drednaw. With grass I am super good here (Rock/Water are both weak to grass) . I make no charges to their Dynamaxed huge Pokemon. Razor Leaf! It uses Max overcharge. I am dropped to half of my life, but him more. Again! Drednaw falls!

We have won! Hint and Croakers levels

7680 cash. I got the Water Badge.

And TM36 Whirlpool

The Fire Gym is next.

The 11k I spent has almost paid for itself already as you can see. (I got an additional 2k, 2k, 1.9k, and 3.7k from those four battles). I get healed and then head to dinner and the party tossed by the Chairman

Hello Sonia! I get a bunch of plot about the vault in Hammerlocke and the Dynamax problem. After, Sonia gives me TM79 Retaliate.

Hello Hop!

The Fire gym leader is in the Galar Mines apparently.

At the PC Pokemart I can now buy a few more things. I grab 10 Great balls

Old 12-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Galar Mine #2.

I find a Shell Bell and hand it to Fearcoon.

I run into and capture a Shellos, Barboach, Binacle, Wimpod, Shuckle

Hello Bede

I am challenged:

Croakers vs Solosis – Nuzzle, we’ve para’s it. It OHKOs me. Out Fearcoon. Night Slash. OHKO back. Rockzilla vs Ponyta. It looks like a My Little Pony unicorn. Ancient Power. It nails me with a Horn Attack. Smack Down. Confusion. Again! They use a Super Potion. It connects. Again! Another Confusion on me. Again! Confusion again. And….down. Their next due is Gothita and out heads my dark answer. Night Slash! OHKO. Hatenna is next. No changes, Night Slash! OHKO. 2760 in cash

She gives me her league card and heads out.

I grab a Croagunk on my way out on the bike to get a heal

That’s an odd looking Stunfisk. I grab it. It’s now Steel/Ground.

Rockzilla learns Incinerate.

I head back to the PC. Is this my new replacement for the Rock/Water of Majestic Hint?

Ground gives me an answer to poison and electric, rock, steel and fire, and steel an answer to rock, ice, fairy.

That would leave Dragon, Normal, and Dark as the only types I wouldn’t have an effective answer to.

Stunfisk has never struck me as a powerful Pokemon.

Back to the mine!

Old 12-07-2019, 03:28 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trainer #1 – Francis – Punch Monkey vs Carkol. Razor Leaf! Smack down. Again, and again. Razor again! KOd. Parl levels. I notch 4200

I find 3 Dusk balls back here.

Trainer #2 – Yvonne – PM vs Roggenrola – RL. OHKO. Timburr heads out, I swap Parliament. Pluck! OHKO. Finished. 4200 snagged for the future.

I find a Grip Claw, and star piece, and a bag of soft sand as well.

I catch a Corphish and Noibat.

Hello Team Yell! I hope your day is going well! They ask for a battle with me to help them get better. I agree. Hop runs up jealous and joins.

Hop/Me vs Grunts 1 and 2

They have Linoone an Thievul, we have Punch and Wooloo. Razor Leaf! They use Night Slash and Snarl. Wooloo is almost down. It uses Double Kick and drops Thievul. Level for Punch and Hint. I forget Tackle for Slam with Punches. They dispatch Liepard. Razor again! They ko Wooloo. Hop sends out his Corvisquire. Another RL. I KO their Linoone. Rock levels. They have their Liepard gone and a Pancham heads out. Razor Leaf! We end them. 6880 from them.

They quietly leave.

I continue after Hop runs off.

Trainer #3 – Vincent – Punch vs Drilburr. I use Razor. One hit. I stay out to take out Onix. One hit wonder. 5520 cash

I find TM49 Sand Tomb

Hello Hop, Team Yell, and the Gym Leader. The Gym leader just finished defeating the Team and they head out. He heads home to get ready for our match.

We head out from the Mine.

Hop talks and flees off. There are a few folks here so I explore

I grab a Sudowoodo, Throh,

Trainer #1 – Caroline – Punch Monkey vs Yamper. KO with a crit. Nicely done! I send out Croakers for a Swoobat. Nuzzle! Air Cutter on me. It’s paralyzed. It almost kills me with a crit Air Cutter. I swap out Parliament. Crit on me again! Knock it off! Pluck. KO. About time! We win. 9600 for us

I find an Amulet Coin back here. It’s the same as Luck Insence. I hand it to MajesticHint.

I heal Croakers cause I see something interesting out there.

It’s a Koffing! Nuzzle. I try to bring it into my group. Can I bring it in? Yup!

I call it “Stacks”

I run into a Salandit on the way home. I grab it

I find a Hatenna back here as well. Can I bring it in?

Yup!

Meet “Curls.”

Trainer #2 – Raymmnd - Punch vs. Growlithe. Nope! I swap in Rockzilla. Ancient Power. Down boy. 5520 cash

I’m out!

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 31
Parliament – 30
Rockzilla - 29
Fearcoon - 28
Hint – 27
Croakers – 26

Old 12-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I rest at the Pokemon Center. I swap Rockzilla into the front spot and then move around a

I head to the hotel. Hello Marine! We fight!

Team Yell are cheering her on from the sidelines.

Rockzilla vs Croagunk. Flame Charge. Hits. Revenge back and that’s nasty. I use it again and KO croagunk. They send out Scraggy and I send out my bird. Okay Parliament, let’s do it to it. Pluck! Super effective. Headbutt back. Again! My foe uses a super pot to full heal prior to the smashery. Again! KOd. Punch Monkey levels. I don’t know what this “Morpeko” is that’s about to arrive, but the first two were Fight, so I leave my bird. It’s another Pikachu looking Pokemon. Pluck! Not very effective, it Thunder Shocks me badly. It morphes into a dark looking Pikachu. Did that change forms? Pluck still wasn’t a big hit. Another Thunder shock arrives. Back to happy Pika. Power Trip? Also not very effective. Another Shock. Almost dead. Well let’s go dow swinging. Pluck. I drop it badly, but I’m not long for the awakening world. Croakers, go! Acid. It Bites. Ko. Croakers gains a level. 6240 in cash.

We head to bed. In the morning, Marnie is there. She hands me a league card and some burn heals.

For the gym, my intended sweeper for this gym is the fire/rock Rockzilla that has the rock attack and is very hard for fire to crack.

I bike over. Hop is coming out with his badge already. I head in.

Let’s do it!

I have to catch Pokemon for the gym challenge.

I encounter a Vulpix. I take out the competition so I can solo the Vulpix. Can I snag it? Yup! Fear levels.

I run into a Sizzilipede. Once again I take out the competition. I have not run into this before. I want to capture it. I lose Fearcoon but I do manage to snag it!

Meet “Firebug”

Level by Hint

I revive Fearcoon. I send out Fearcoon after Parl dies against a Litwick.

We clear the mission. Now the fun really begins!

I revive Parliament. Ready?

Gym Match #3 vs Kabu

Battle #1 – Rockzilla vs Ninetales. Smack Down! Super effective, after I take a minor fire attack. Again! Ember? Nope. Smack down and deeply red. Once more! They use Fire Spin, little damage but we’ll take a little each time. KO. Rock levels.

Battle #2 – Rockzilla vs Arcanine – Smack Down! Bite on me. It takes around 30% of his health. Again! I am flinched from his Bite. Again! Bite and Smack Down. Again! KO!

Battle #3 – Parliament vs Centiskorch. It sounds like the updated fire/bug. He’d wounded from many hits, time to rest him. I choose to DynamMax Airstream. He does the same! Two giants. Mine is first, super effective. He uses a max flame attack and drops me to red. AGAIN! Ko.

Nice!

Level for Croakers; 8640 for me

I won the Fire Badge! And TM38 Will o Wisp

Old 12-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hammerlocke’s gym is next.

The three gym leaders defeated arrive to show us off. Hop and Bede begin to fight.

I head back to the nearby Wild Area.

I try to gather some raids too.

I capture Solosis,

I get TM14 Thunder Wave for beating a Rotom Rally challenge here.

I find a Fire Stone. And then TM 39 Façade behind it.

Back behind the bridge I find a Mareanie and grab it. Ditto a Torkoal,

I find a sun stone and wishing piece in the desert there,. I find another Nursery back here.

I arrive at the town and Bede is here having defeated Hop.

We are at Hammerlocke:

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 33
Parliament – 31
Rockzilla - 31
Fearcoon - 30
Hint – 29
Croakers – 29

Old 12-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #34
Izulde
Head Coach

Get yourself a donkey (Mudbray). Best Ground type ever due to the high DEF stats that keep building up.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:59 AM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hammerlocke

We explore a bit and run into the chairman, his assistant , and Beda. They talk and Beda has been looking for wishing stones to give the chair some power and stuff. The chair invites me to follow but don’t for now. I explore.

I find a house with some people that rate your relationships with your Pokemon, and one hands me a Soothe Bell.

I find a house:

Black Belt Trainer: Cottonee vs Punch Monkey. Slam. It hurts badly, and then it uses Revenge, a move that hits for double and almost kos me. I slam again and ko Cottonee. We win!

After we get a Focus Band from the martial artist. I head back to the healing at the PC and head back out after grabbing a ten set of Great Balls and some medical items like potions and revives and such.

Another Battle Café is here.

Battle Café Barista – Punch and Rockzilla vs Slurpuff and Aromatisse. Razor Leaf and Incinerate will both work on the full enemy squad so I use both. They both work, and then a pair of Rounds on Punch hurts him a lot. We do it again to hurt them, and they finish off Punch Monkey and I send out Parliament. I use Pluck to take out the wounded Aroma along with Flame Charge and we finish it. They hit Parl lightly. Pluck and FC again! A major ice attack smashes and hurts Parliament. Again! We finish it off. We get 8800 cash.

Croakers levels and evolves:

He learns Spark.

I head back to the PC and then move back to follow the coaches.

I enter this giant castle, and there are tons of folks here. It’s a big giant energy plant for the region, using wishing stars to get the fuel. He directs me to a vault on route 6.

The Hammerlocke Gym is Dragons and the final one.

Hello Leon!

He tells me Hop’s been down since losing to Bede.

There’s a TM store here on the way out to route 6. I buy TM 23 Thief as I think I may want to teach it to Fearcoon.

I head out to the Vault. I come across someone named Raihan who loans me a card.

I find TM29 Charm here

Hello Sonia! More plot exposition follows. Two youths, stars of the swishing persuasion, Sword vs Shield, Knight, yadda yadda

Big question – why are there two in the story but just one venerated? My guess – one turned evil and became the big bad. Time to head out.

Hello Raihan! I will train up on route 6, as per your request.

I find a sweet apple thee.

Punch Monkey learns a move called “Grass Pledge” from a local trainer that’s better than RL.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 6

At the end of the bridge are some Team Yells. They don’t want us to pass to wake up a sleeping Silicobra Pokemon. Fight begins

Grunt #1 - Punch vs Stunky – Slam. Poison Gas on me poisons me. Again! KO. Parliament heads out vs Linoone. Pluck. Night Slash back. Pluck again. It used Night Slash again. Pluck once more. And……. Down. 4800 for us

Grunt #2 – Punch Monkey vs Liepard – Grass Pledge. OHKO. 4800 for winning

Hop runs off after talking, and a lady named Opal arrives and cards me. I head back to the PC for healing.

Back to Route 6

Trainer #1 – Anita – Rockzilla vs Clefairy – Incinerate. Metronome back. Again! KO. I remain for Clefable. Flame Charge! It uses the Metronome back and blows away my Pokemon, and out comes Fearcoon. Night Slash. Metronome again, Headbutt. Metronome. KO. 5760 for me.

I capture a Helioptile, Maractus,

Evolution!

I now have a Coalossal from Rockzillla! He wants to learn Tar Shot. It’s a rock move that lowers targets speed and makes them weaker to fire. I learn it and replace Flame Charge.

Croakers learns Toxic. Parliament learns Drill Peck.

Another Evolution!

My starter evolves!

Drum Beating replaces Razor Leaf.

I head back to the PC for some healing

Old 12-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I buy 10 Dusk balls and some X items while here

Back to Route 6

I capture a Dugtrio,

Trainer #2 – Nicola – Punch vs Skorupi – Slam. Venoshock back. Slam. KO. Next I send out Parliament for Pawniard. Drill Peck. Not very effective, I thought Pawniard was steel/fight. Gotta muscle my way through. I am hit twice by Metal Sounds, but finish it with a crit. Defeated and we made 4200.

Trainer #3 – Duncan – I moved Rockzilla to the front to give him some more experience. Vs Koffing. There were a lot of poisons here already, so that meant my grass was the wrong one to start, nice to see that was the right call. Tar Shot. Let’s try it. It uses Self-Destruct. Which barely hurt me. Next is Sudowoodo and I send out Punch. Whoops missed. Tar shot. Rock Slide back, Crit. I pull for Punch, Another, weaker hit. Grass Pledge. KO. 3998 for winning

Trainer #4 – Ruth – Rock vs Throh. Not good (rock is weak). I swap for Parliament. I take a Revenge. Drill Peck. Nice. Revenge. Again! KO. 4464

I find Tm 30 Steel Wing. I can’t give it to Parliament which is sad because a nice steel attack would be cool.

I find a rare candy and 3 Ultra Balls.

Trainer #5 – Diane – Rock vs Sawk. Again I swap in Parl, as this is a powerful fighter. I take a low sweep on the swap. Drill Peck!!! Double Kick on me. I am badly wounded in a lot of Pokemon now. I use it again. KO. 4464 cash.

I find TM15 Dig

I find a fossil hunter back here with a machine. I find some Light Clay too.

Trainers #6 and 7 – Iwan and Evelyn – Rockzilla and Croakers vs Togetic and Pawniard. Spark on Togetic – OHKO. Metal Claw on Rock. Rock Incinerates and takes out the Pawniard. 14880 for the victory

I finish route 6, welcome to Stowe-on-Side.

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 36
Parliament – 35
Rockzilla - 36
Fearcoon - 33
Croakers – 33
Hint – 32

Old 12-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I swing by the Pc for some healing and talking with the folks. I head bac to the wild area to check in, maybe find some fossils for the lady.

I see a Cufant and try to run into it. I don’t have one. I grab it and mine’s level 29.

I name her “Trunks”

She’s steel she my replacement for Hint? I add her to my party. Let’s see!

I wanted to come here for some wild energy and some digs, but I’ll take it!

I get a dawn, ice, and fire stone.

I do a few raids too, and get some watts and lesser items. I also spend 1000 watts ot upgrade the speed boosts of my bike and do some more races. I did catch a Snorlax and Dwebble at a raid. I do around 10 raids in all.

I find a Sun Stone.

I find some fossilized fish. I fly to the prof, and combine the Drake and Fish to make a water/dragon Dracovish creature.

Back to town!

I find a Dusk Stone and Metal Coat. I sell a Balm Mushroom for 25k and I also purchase some protective pads.

I find someone who wants to trade my level 30 Maractus with something called an Impidimp named “Peepers”. I send it to my party as Trunks disappointed. It’s Fairy/Dark.

I find Tm74 Venoshock. I use it and replace ; nope can’t learn it for my electr/poison dude.

Hmm…

I can give Scald to Rockzilla. This is a 80 power water attack. I hold off for now

Hello Hop!

He wants to battle:

Parliament vs Cramorant – Looks like a water flying. Drill Peck. Took it to red. Fury attack back. Again Parliament! He uses a Super pot that fully healds. Back to deep red. Again! Finished. Level for Parl.

Punch Monkey vs Drizzile – Drum Beating. This is his unevolved starter. One hit ko.

Rockzila vs Toxel – Smack Down. Nuzzle back. Again. Flail me first, and then KO.

Punch Monkey vs Silicobra – Beat that Drum! One kit ko super effective. 5280 in cash

He runs off like normal.

Hello Opal! She gives me Alister’s card, the gym leader here.

I go and heal at the PC and then head to the gym. I move my expeted sweeper to the front.

Old 12-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gym #4 –

This looked like Poison from outside, but I think it’s actually dark. They are weak to Fight, Bug, and Fairy, which I have in a smaller number with my new member.

For this mission I need to ride Cups.

Trainer #1 – Clive – Rockzilla vs Pumpkaboo – Is this Ghost? Incinerate! I take a spooky hit and then connect and smash. Level up for Punch. I remain our for Phantump. Same. One hit ko. They were plants too. Another follows. This s my foe’s final Pokemon. I sweep it. Level for Peepers and Rock. I gain 5962 for winning.

If this is a Ghost dungeon, then I have the antidote. Dark.

Trainer #2 – Rockzilla vs Corsola. That’s pretty! Corsola was rock/water. Which now? Incinerate? Normal damage. It uses Ancient Power. Nasty. I do the same. Normal damage. Maybe it’s just Ghost? Another AP from my foe. Incinerate? KO. Done. We got 6144.

I move Fearcoon to the front

Trainer #3 – Roy – Fearcoon vs Haunter. Night Slash. OHKO. Drifblim? I’ll hang out. Night Slash. Red. Stockpile by it. Again! Down. Levels for Croakers and Fear. I win 3168

I finish the challenge!

Gym Battle #4 – Allister

Battle #1 – Fearcoon vs Yamask. Night Slash. Deep red. Brutal swing back. Hit’s barely. Again! KO. I leave him out.

Battle #2 – Fearcoon vs Mimikyu. I use my giganta form now. Max Darkness. GIANT Linoone rules all. �� It was tough enough to survive two hits from mega attacks. My Fearcoon takes some hits. Levels by Parliament and Peepers.

Battle #3 – Fearcoon vs Cursola – Is this the leveled up Corsola I saw earlier? Alright, time to finish this. Max Darkness drops to red. It’s speed rises, and it uses Curse. Fearcoon drops after it passes out. Fearcoon takes curse damage. The last one is Gengar. I leave out my sweeper to see how badly I can push it around.

Battle #4 – Fearcoon vs Gengar – Night Slash! It grows huge. Night slash does around half damage to it. It uses Max Ooze on me, which takes me out with the curse. I thought I might finish it. Ah well. Go Rockzilla! Ancient Power. Max error is uses and takes me out in one hit. Go Parliament! Drill Peck. Some damage dealt. It also kills me in one hit. Next? Croakers. It drops in size. I use Nuzzle to paralyses it. It crits me first. I have left a starter who will wilt to poison and a Peepers. Alright Punch! Slam won’t work (ghost) and m grass attackers are weak vs poison. But I have that dark Knock Off. It uses Venoshock first. And that’s a Pokemon. Now I need to play this safe as I have left just ONE POKEMON and it’s an un-evovled weak Imp.

I send it out. I use a Revival Herb on Fearcoon that fully heals him. I am killed in a one hit super attack (poison is strong vs fairy). My sweeper heads back out!

Alright, Night Slash. Down. Good job! He levels up.

That was really, really close.

11520 in sweet cash.

Evolution!

Peepers has grown and learns False Surrender.

I got a Ghost badge!

And HM77 Hex

Old 12-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello Sonia!

More plot, yadda yadda. We hear an explosion near the ruins!

I run over to check it out.

I see Bede and her Pokémon trying to destroy the wall and bring down the ruins n order to grab wishing stars. We fight her. Parliament vs Duosion. Drill Peck. Light Screen from him. Again. KO. For her Gotherita, I dispatch Fearcoon. Night Slash. Deep hit. Fake Tears used on me. I use it again. KO. Peepers levels. Next is somethings I don’t recall name Hattrem. Is it the Elephant steel? I send out Rockzilla in case it is. Nope, it’s the evolved Hatenna. Ancient Power. Psybeam used on me. Light Screen wears off. I should have used that turn to tar it. Tar Shot. Psybeam. Incinerate. Now we go first. One hit ko. I like it! Levels by Rocks and Punches. I give Punches Uproar. It replaces Slam. Next is Ponyta. I send out Peepers. Let’s get in our first battle! Fake out. Works first, forces a flinch. Next False Surrender. It uses Fairy Wind. Super effective. Mine drops her, and We win! 8400 in cash

After I win, the chairman and his staff arrive on the scene. The chairman’s Pokeman was taken and used for the site’s destruction. The chair expresses his disappointment and removes his endorsement of Bede’s challenge. Bede was orphaned and adopted by the chair. I suspect a dark turn in the future for Bede.

The wall was damaged and cracks open after they leave, revealing paints, statues, etc.

I heal at the PC.

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 38
Parliament – 37
Rockzilla - 38
Fearcoon - 36
Croakers – 35
Peepers – 33

Old 12-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Glimwood Tangle

Trainer #1 Darek – Croakers vs Milcery. Spark. One hit KO. Level for Croakers. He learns discharge. 8160 cash.

I find some Bright Powder.

Here’s a Psychic Pontya! Let’s see if I can bring it in. Yup! Badly damaged Croakers,. But yup.

I name it “Hope”

Will it evolve from a Fire stone too? Nope.

EVOLUTION!

That is sick looking:

Parliament’s Rookiedee final evolution.

It gained the Steel type, giving it the same type combo as the popular Skarmory.

It wants to learn Steel Wing so I grant it. Good bye Pluck.

I find a Big Root.

I come across a Sinistee. We capture it!

Trainers #2 & 3 – Robert and Jacqueline – Punch Monkey and Peepers vs Ninetales and Kirlia. Knock off and Fake Out. We drop Kirlia down and flinch Nine. Three Incinerates on my team have hurt but we finally drop 9. Level for Peepers. Dark Pulse learned.

I find Tm24 Snore

Trainer #4 – Judy – Rockzilla vs Indeedee. Tar shot. It uses play nice. Incinerate. It uses Psybeam. Again! It uses Disarming Voice. Rocks gains a level it’s down. Another arrives. Same attacks. Punch and Croakers level too.13200 cash

I find Luminous Moss

I find TM56 U turn

I leave!

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 39
Parliament – 38
Rockzilla - 39
Fearcoon - 37
Croakers – 37
Peepers – 35

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-08-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ballonea

I heal up, and buy a bunch of Repels.

With my unexpected Steel gain, let’s do another type coverage assessment.

I believe I have two more levels up based on empty spots – Fearcoon and Peepers.

Punch Monkey – Grass is good vs Water, Rock, Ground

Parliament – Flying is good vs Fighting, Grass, Bug; Steel is good vs Fairy, Rock, Ice

Rockzilla – Rock is good vs Flying, Bug, Fire, Ice; Fire is good vs Grass, Bug, Steel, Ice

Fearcoon – Norm has no strengths; Dark is good vs Ghost, Psychic

Peepers – Fairy is good vs Dragon, Dark, Fight; Dark is good vs Ghost, Psychic

Croakers – Elect is good vs Flying, Water; Poison is good vs Fairy, Grass

I have STAB coverage against all types save for Norm, Poison and Electric. As each of those only have a single weakness (Fight, Ground), and the other just two (Ground, Psychic) I should be fine for now.

I get a Choice Scarf.

The people in this town appear to be a little, or a lot, mad.

I am given TM42 Revenge in a house, and I find TM 21 Rest here as well.

Trainer #1 – Elena – Parliament vs Dottler. Drill Peck. It uses Reflect. Again. KOd. 2880 for my Victoire

Elena hands me Evoiolite after battle.

I head to the Fairy Gym here in Ballonea

Hello Marnie!

She hands me one of her cards on the way out.

Ready for the Fairy Gym?

Old 12-08-2019, 08:23 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gym Battle #5 – Opal’s Fairy.

All damage dealt to Parliament was healed by leftovers.

Battle #1 Parliament vs Weezing. The Smoke Stack Pokémon here. Steel Wing! Deep in the yellow. Fairy Wind back. Light damage, not very good against my Steel coat. I am asked the question about her nickname. Guess the wizard and it was correct. Steel Wing! We’ve dropped Wheezing.

Levels for 5 of my folks.

Battle #2 – Parliament vs Mawile. I healed from my damage with leftovers. Mawile is, if I remember, Steel/Fairy. Steel Wing? Normal. It uses Crunch on me, light damage. Again. Repeated identically. I know her favorite color is pink, as she’s wearing it, but she told me nope, it’s purple. I lose some stats. Steel Wong. Deep red. Crunch back . Once more? KOd.

Battle #3 – Parliament vs Togekiss – Dynamax! Max Steelspike! Togekiss is badly wounded, and my defenses rose. Ancient Power back. Again! KO.

Battle #4 – Parliament vs Alcreamie – Max Steelspike!!! She asks her age, and the answers are 88 and 16, something seems off, so I go younger. She was born on the Feb 29 in a leap year. I was right. ONE hit KO on her Dynamaxed foe. We win!!!

6080 for us. And the Fairy badge. And TM 87 draining kiss.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:03 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Opal and I head to Hammerlocke together. She needs to run errands. We fly over with the postal service birds and drop off. I can now buy Ultra Balls. I purchase 40. And 10 Hyper Potions. I look for some TMs too. I purchase TM55 Brine.

I fly to Motosoke City I want to swing by the Pokemon Center here and it’s Tms. I pick up Tm25 Protect, Tm 43 Helping Hand, and TM17 Light Screen; TM 18Reflect, and TM19 Safeguard

I head to the Wild Area and smash some bad guys and raids.

Fearcoon hits level 40 and evolves!!

It learns the Obstruct ability.

After spending some time out here, I head back to Hammerstoke.

Hello Beda!

Opal comes across him and recruits Bede for the gym. Apparently Opal believes that it was the chairman’s assistant that sold her out. They head back to the mushroom village. I head to route 7

Hello Sonia!

We hear an explosion here which she was babbling plot at me. Leon arrives and we’ll head over. They tell me to head to Circhester, the site of the next battle.

Hello Hop. Too much Talking!!! He runs off to route 7.

There is a number of TMs on the PC opening on RTE7.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:44 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 7

Hop challenges me:

Trevenant vs Parliament. Drill Peck! One hit KO. Levels for Parl and Peeps. I send out Rockzilla for Heatmor. Smack Down! He uses a minor attack that barely touches me. Again! Another weak attack, and we drop it. Punch Monkey vs Intelleon, his starter. We take a Snipe Shot with a crit and drop to almost half. Beat that Drum. One hit KO. Levels by PM and Rocks, I keep this out for Snorlax. Drum! He uses Stockpile. Again! He uses Body Slam. Again! KO. Wounded but surviving Punch Monkey. Levels by Fear and Croakers. Fearcoon vs Boltund. Let’s see what you can do! Obstruct. He roars me and Croakers jumps out. Okay, Toxic. Let’s poison him. A Thunder fang hits me. He roars on the next turn. Here’s Peepers. Fake out, goes first, flinch. Sucker Punch. Our foe heals his guy with a potion. Spark. Sucker. He dies. The badly poison is too tough in a longer battle. Levels for Peeps. 8880 for us

He heals my team as thanks and then runs off. Again.

Trainer #1 – Mila – Punch vs Ribombee. Uproar. Silver Wind on e. Pollen Puff follows, crit, and super effective. She Kos me. Next is Peepers. Fake Out. Ko. I send out Croakers for Vespiqueen. Discharge. One kit ko. 8640 for us.

Croakers levels and gains Poison Jab. I pull Belch. I hand the Magnet to Croakers.

I head back for some healing at the nearby PC and return.

Whoa! I run into a leveled up Meowth here called a Purrserker. I try to bring it in. I do after 5 tries.

Team Yell are in the way one of the paths and blocking it. I have to take the other path.

Trainer #2 – Bruce – Rockzilla vs Corvisquire. Smack Down! It hones its claws. Badly wounded. Again. It uses Swagger to raise my attack and confuse me. I take him down and out. I switch to Croakers. For his Rufflet, another flyer,. Discharge! One hit ko. 8640 for me

Evolution!

Peepers:

As Grimmsnarl, his types have not changed. He remains a Dark Fairy. I give him the Spirit Break ability fairy attack.

Barring another Pokemon being added, this might be my final lineup as I head into the final stretch of my team.

I capture a Galvantula.

Old 12-08-2019, 10:42 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 8

Trainer #1 – Joanna – Punch vs Roselia. Uproar. KO three turns later after two poison stings. Peepers vs Hattram. Sucker Punch. One turn ko. 8640 cash.

I find a Shiny Stone and Pixie Plate. I hand the Plate to Peeps.

I find a Falinks, a long formation of weird looking helmets. I try to capture it. Let’s see how many balls it’ll take…2.

I have named them “Koropendora” (feel free to Google it if you are bored)

Trainer #2 -Brianna – Punch Monkey vs Dreepy. Is it a bug? Drum Beating. Grass wasn’t very effective but I took it out. Must have been. I sent out Croakers for Vullaby. Discharge. One hit wonder as well. 5328 cash of the Poke persuasion.

I capture a Gurdurr, Boldore, and Crustle.

Trainer #3 – Davis – Parliament vs Togedamnu – Hone claws. It chooses to Zing Zap. Super effective. Steel Wing. Missed. Another Zing Zap. Almost dead, I send out Peepers. I get a zing zap again on arrival. Fake Out, free attack, flinch. Sucker Punch goes first if they are attacking, they are, I connect and KO. 2368 for the victory.

I find a King’s Rock, and TM43 Brick Break

Trainers #4 & 5 – Lynette and Jordon. Croakers and Rockzilla Vs Hippowdon and Exadrill. Both of mine are weak to ground. I pull them both. Punch Monkey uses Drum beat. Another, Parliament, heals. I drop their Hippodon. Purrserker heads out. They finish Punch after focusing both attacks onhim. Hello Peepers. We sucker punch and KO their Exadrill. Out comes a Lucario to replace it. I use a Pot on Peepers, and then a dark move on Purr with him. We KO Purr, but Lucario hits Peepers hard with a fight attack which is good vs dark. Sucker Punch and Drill Peck on Lucario. We take him out. 13320 for winning.

We have finished the lower part of route 8.

I head over and camp out and make curry for the gang to heal them. They are fully restored and healed from my spicy noodle curry.

Route 8 Stemdrift Way is next the 2nd half of my route 8 journey.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-08-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:28 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 8 Stemdrift Way is next the 2nd half of my route 8 journey.

We head out.

It’s a little snowy and I have moved my fire guy up front

I capture a Sneasel,

Trainer #1 – Robby – Rockzilla vs Arcanine. Smack Down! It roars me away and out comes Punch Monkey. Nope! I send out Rock. It roars me again for Croakers. I badly poison it with Toxic. It uses Extreme Speed first. I swap back to Rock. It roars me to Parliament. Of course it’s take poison damage so I can keep this up all day! KO. Rocks levels and wants to learn a new move. It’s too unreliable I skip it. 8880 in cash

We arrive!

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 44
Parliament – 45
Rockzilla - 45
Fearcoon - 45
Croakers – 43
Peepers – 46

There we are!

Circhester

I head to the PC and check things out. Another 10 Ultra Balls.

I find a Catching Charm key item in the second floor of the hotel, and TM16 Screech is given to me by someone in another hotel. Tm47 Fake Tears is secured as well.

I get a Wide Lens after solving a mystery. Who ate the berries in the hotel? It was the detectives Pokemon.

I get Tm48 Rock Tomb in a house from someone who gave up the challenge and settled here. I find TM51 Icile Spear by the spa.

Up to the gym. Hello Hop! He lost.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:55 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Gym Challenge

There are many a trap in here and I have to get through with a trap detector.

Trainer #1 – Lewis – Rockzilla vs Snom. Smack Down. One hit baby. 7296 cash

Trainer #2 – Liana – Rockzila vs Cloyster. Smack Down. It withdraws and increases it’s stats. Again! Shell Smash out my foe. We take it down. 7296 cash

Trainer #3 – Alexander – Rockzilla vs Beartic – Incinerate. Swagger on me. Again. I break through and connect ko’d Beartic. 7488 cash

Croakers learns an electric attack called Overdrive.

Trainer #4Micah – Rock vs Avalugg – Ancient Power. One hit. 7488

I finish the challenge.

Gym Battle #6 – Melory’s Snow

Let’s do it!

Battle #1 – Rockzilla vs Frosmoth – Looks flying ish. Or Bug? I use a Fire attack. Incinerate. She uses Hail. One hit.

Battle #2- Rockzilla vs Darminatan – This is the regional variant of the fire one elsewhere. Ancient Power. It uses Taunt. I take it deep into the hp. It enters Zen Mode. Ancient Power again. It use Icile Crash. Not very effective but I flinched. Again. Another Crash. I finish it. Rocks gains a level.

Rocks is damaged about 1/2 way with Hails. I pull him.

Battle #3 – Parliament vs Eiscue – Parl was my 2nd sweeper as it’s steel part is super effective vs ice, but flying is super weak to it, and steel halved, so I’d take normal damage. Steel wing. It broke the Ice Face of my foe and did no damage. Icy Wind. Again. Amnesia by my foe pumps its def. Steel Wing is a one hit takedown.

Battle #4 – Croakers vs Lapras. The final is water but ice keeps Punch on the sideline. Dynamax! Let’s Max Lightning this. Giant Lapras vs Giant Croakers. I hit first and drop it around half. It uses Max Geyser. I take maybe 1/3. Again! Ko!

Nice! Good job taking out their final leader Croakers.

13440 for me. And my team.

I get the Ice badge, and TM 27 Icy Wind.

Two badges left

Old 12-09-2019, 12:15 AM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello Sonia! Or as I like to call her, Plot Lady.

Hello Hop!

More Myth related plot is revealed!!!!

I can now buy Full Heals I grab 22,

Battle vs Hop:

Rockzilla vs Dubwool - Tar shot vs Curl of Defense. Incinerate. Badly damaged. Growl back,. Once more? He uses a Hyper to full heal. Again! KO. From Hail and light pecks I’m down to around 60%. I send out Punch against his starter. Snipe Shot from him, crit. Drum Beating. Massive hit. He drops my attack and special attack with some moves. He faints from Hail; Rockzilla vs Corviknight – Incinerate. It uses Drill Peck. Again! KO.; I stay out and Tar Shot a random Pincurchin. It drops me bad. I use Incinerate. KO almost. Bubble Beam finishes me. Hail finishes him. Next? Croakers. Snorlax. Toxic. Body Slam back. Ovedrive. That’s a big hit. It uses a body slam again. Overdrive. Finished. My main learns Wood Hammer. We win and get that sweet cash. 9840.

Bye Hop and Sonia.

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 46
Parliament – 46
Rockzilla - 47
Fearcoon - 46
Croakers – 45
Peepers – 47

Old 12-09-2019, 01:41 AM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Route 9 –

This looks big on the map by the by.

Trainer #1- Harriet – Rock vs water. I pull for Croakers. Overdrive? Got it. Next? Lanturne. I send in Punch. Drums. OHKO. 4992 cash

Trainer #2 – Zoe – Croakers vs Darumaka – Toxic. It uses Headbutt. I send out Rock. Another Butt of the Head. Smack Down. KO. I stay out for Belossom. Incinerate! It uses Quiver Dance. Again. Ko. 4992 cash comes our way

Hello Team Yell!

I capture: Jellicent, Octillery,

Grunt One – Punch vs Linnone – Drum! Badly wounded, and is takes us out with a crit Night Slash. I send out Peepers. Their guy died in hail, it’s Pangoro now. Spirit Break! It got off a punch that hurt first, but them we ko’d it. Defeated, 6400

Team Yell leaves.

I have a part on my bike modded to work on water.

I bike around and find a Zoom Lens. I fly back to the PC, heal, and the return

I find Tm64 Avalanche.

I run into a Grapploct. I accidentally killed it.

Trainer #3 – Marina – Croakers vs Qwilfish. One hit with Overdrive elect. 2560

Trainer #4 – Reece – Parliament vs Sawk. Drill Peck. KO. Throh? Peck? Again! 2624 cash

Trainer #5 – Jacob -Parl vs Cloyster. Steel Wing! Icicle Spear back, hits fie times. Steel Wing into protect. Drill Peck. It uses a Vortex on me. Another Peck runs into Protect. Again. Done, but I am badly savaged. 2496.

Trainer #6 – Scarlett – Fearcoon vs Remoraid. Night Slash! Out. Mantine heads in. NS again. It nailed me. Another Night Slash! KO. Swap to Punch for Octillery. Drum. One hit. 5120 cash

Trainer #7 – Fearcoon vs Toxapex – Night Slash. Protect. It posionnied me. Again. Venoshock and crit hit mostly ends Fearcoon. The Hail and poison take me deep. I send out Parliament. Steel is immune to poison attacks. I finish it off. And I get 2496 in cash.

I run into a wild Cobbopus. Can I bring it in? On the first try!

Here it is!

I find a Scope Lens

We arrive at Spikemuth but the gate is closed. Marnie is here with Team Yell. She’ll show me the way in if I beat her.

Parliament vs Liepard – Drill Peck. False Swipe. Again, used a Super Pot to heal. Again! Once more! I send in Peepers for their new Dark. Spirit Break. KO in one hit. I swap to Parl for Toxicraok. Drill Peck. One hit KO. Peepers head back in fr a Scrafty. Spirit Break. KO. Done.

5280 for winning.

I follow her in. Good bye Route 9.

Party:

Punch Monkey – Level 48
Parliament – 49
Rockzilla - 49
Fearcoon - 48