Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #301
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Internet savvy folks who tell you to google BLUE WAFFLE
Old 04-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #302
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

I get annoyed when I save a contact into my phone and the default is set to home phone. The default should be cell phone!
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #303
Autumn
Head Coach

On things like a credit card bill where you're meant to tear off the slip to send in with your check ... when the perforation to tear it off is almost, but not quite, exactly where the fold in the paper is. You couldn't adjust the folding machine, or the placement of the perforation, the one millimeter to make them line up so I'm not vacillating between tearing it off and tearing the paper??
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #304
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
On things like a credit card bill where you're meant to tear off the slip to send in with your check ... when the perforation to tear it off is almost, but not quite, exactly where the fold in the paper is. You couldn't adjust the folding machine, or the placement of the perforation, the one millimeter to make them line up so I'm not vacillating between tearing it off and tearing the paper??

I see this a lot in business doing Accounts Payable. Many times the folds are too close to the perforation, and many times the return envelopes are too small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #305
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes! That's another one, the return envelopes. Come on.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #306
StrangeWay
n00b

My biggest pet peeve is when someone does something they know is wrong and think a simple apology makes it all better. I want grovelling dammit.
StrangeWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #307
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Me (not in person or on the phone) - Great date and then the next week...... well let me use an example of how the texts went she wanted to play 5 card draw and I wanted to play 52 card pickup. I've put myself in the penalty box and won't contact her for a couple days. Maybe I should call her then, the conversation on the phone and in person was good. Why did I get in the habit of entertaining myself when I write, this girl is actually pretty cool.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #308
Rizon
Pro Starter

This one bugs the crap out of me, and someone did it this morning.

When someone comes to your computer, work or home, and they are pointing out something on the computer monitor ... and they keep touching and poking the damn monitor. Especially annoys me when it's a woman with fingernails.
Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #309
Autumn
Head Coach

Better fingernails than greasy kid fingers. Yeah, that bugs me.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #310
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
This one bugs the crap out of me, and someone did it this morning.

When someone comes to your computer, work or home, and they are pointing out something on the computer monitor ... and they keep touching and poking the damn monitor. Especially annoys me when it's a woman with fingernails.

Is a pen (with the point retracted) acceptable?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #311
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
Me (not in person or on the phone) - Great date and then the next week...... well let me use an example of how the texts went she wanted to play 5 card draw and I wanted to play 52 card pickup. I've put myself in the penalty box and won't contact her for a couple days. Maybe I should call her then, the conversation on the phone and in person was good. Why did I get in the habit of entertaining myself when I write, this girl is actually pretty cool.

What?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #312
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Is a pen (with the point retracted) acceptable?

Only if you don't push hard enough to make the screen change color.
Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #313
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
What?

I'm bringing my A game when I bring it next time, no more blah blah blah. I basically don't like drama and don't want much in the future, not fun like playing 52 card pickup. She wasn't too thrilled with drama I threw at her. I thought she was hard as nails but that's just a front I found out, she has a very nice front by the way. I felt bad being a jerk so I apologized already for treating her like a chat buddy, maybe I'll hear from her or maybe I won't. Just I'm not going to go around feeling like a jerk. Girls treat me like I'm a jerk because I'm not turned on enough by their hot body, fucking ridiculous I guess I have act a touch more shallow. Keep my mouth shut. I try to figure out if I'm interested in being interested and they think I'm interested, it's bullshit I tell you.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #314
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
I'm bringing my A game when I bring it next time, no more blah blah blah. I basically don't like drama and don't want much in the future, not fun like playing 52 card pickup. She wasn't too thrilled with drama I threw at her. I thought she was hard as nails but that's just a front I found out, she has a very nice front by the way. I felt bad being a jerk so I apologized already for treating her like a chat buddy, maybe I'll hear from her or maybe I won't. Just I'm not going to go around feeling like a jerk. Girls treat me like I'm a jerk because I'm not turned on enough by their hot body, fucking ridiculous I guess I have act a touch more shallow. Keep my mouth shut. I try to figure out if I'm interested in being interested and they think I'm interested, it's bullshit I tell you.

What better TCY Junkie or meth junkie?
Old 06-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #315
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:

My pet peeve is when a post is explained twice and I still don't understand it
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #316
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:

My pet peeve is when someone does drugs and does not share them with the rest of the group. I really want to try what you're on
Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #317
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

Pet peeve ... when someone says something so funny I ACTUALLY laugh-out-loud for real, while my boss and his boss are sitting in the office next to me.
Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #318
JediKooter
Coordinator

Is this one of those things where you don't want to make fun of the slow kid, but, you kind of want to help the kid out, but, then you realize that your help is probably going to be confused with being a dick?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #319
Rizon
Pro Starter

This woman at work tapes her envelopes closed, then runs them through the postage machine.

The postage machine can seal the envelopes for her. But she'll sit and tape a big stack of them closed.

We've had the machine for over 7 years.
Quote:

Last edited by Rizon : 06-24-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #320
JediKooter
Coordinator

There's a hot chick here at work on the second floor over by the fax machine I use to fax my time cards. She has one of those sexy smoker voices and has a very nice body. However, her nose looks like its gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson's fists. I'd still do her.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #321
MrBug708
Head Coach

This is the pet peeve thread, not the random thoughts thread
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #322
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
This is the pet peeve thread, not the random thoughts thread

Good point, good point. I should have made it more clear that her nose bothers me, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #323
Rizon
Pro Starter

Pet peeve ... when my wife is home alone with my car and she floods the engine (I have a rotary) and then calls me to complain about it.

edit: which has happened twice in the last 6 months
Quote:

Last edited by Rizon : 06-24-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #324
JediKooter
Coordinator

Mazda?

Edit: Wait. On further review...is your phone a rotary?

Last edited by JediKooter : 06-24-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #325
MrBug708
Head Coach

mr2?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #326
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
My pet peeve is when someone does drugs and does not share them with the rest of the group. I really want to try what you're on
It's called being peppy, you should try to OD on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
My pet peeve is when a post is explained twice and I still don't understand it
My pet peeve is shallow guys. I like nice looking girls and all but they just don't hold my attention and they seem ruined by shallow guys. Most of them are like, entertain me because of my looks and that's bullshit. F U shallow guys for messing with the hot women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I don't know but 5 years younger didn't work for me so I think I'll double it and try again.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #327
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
mr2?

You mean Rx-7 or Rx-8 right? MR2 is a Toyota and didn't have a rotary.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #328
Dreghorn2
n00b

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PUr...eature=related
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #329
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreghorn2 View Post

If you're a really hot chic I'll call you up right now and give you a free demo of my personality. I usually see if I can get girls to pay for my meal or something, I'm such a jerk. Basically, I think I'm getting more sensitive. Actually going to quit being so mean.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #330
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Maybe that's why there was a snake on my front door. Which I do not like, snakes on my front door is a pet peeve of mine now.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 06-24-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #331
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe that's why there was a snake on my front door. Which I do not like, snakes on my front door is a pet peeve of mine now.

I can relate to that. When I lived in the country I wouldn't get the mail because there were black widows in the mail box.

That was pet peeve worthy.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #332
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I can relate to that. When I lived in the country I wouldn't get the mail because there were black widows in the mail box.

That was pet peeve worthy.

What family member would you send?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #333
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What family member would you send?

Oh no my wife didn't mind them. She would mock me ruthlessly. Then one day she mocked me about it while driving the car into the drive way. I wrote about it here. The Black Widow in my mailbox - Front Office Football Central
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #334
heybrad
Norm!!!

So I go to Jack in the Box to get a breakfast sandwich on my way to work this morning (yes, I shouldn't, but that's for another thread). It's 5:30am and I'm asked, "Would you like to try a root beer float with that?" No. No I don't want a root beer float at 5:30 in the morning to go with my breakfast sandwich. If I did, I would have asked for one. And I get the idea of upselling, but really... a root beer float with my breakfast food?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #335
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
And I get the idea of upselling, but really... a root beer float with my breakfast food?

You one of them?

(Them being those people that tell you what you should/shouldn't eat in the morning... F'n Breakfast Nazis...)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #336
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hate breakfast food.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #337
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
You one of them?

(Them being those people that tell you what you should/shouldn't eat in the morning... F'n Breakfast Nazis...)

I don't think he's telling anyone what to eat in the morning. I think he's saying - and I agree - that it's ridiculous for places to automatically offer things like desserts at 6am. The typical person is not going to order a root beer float for breakfast.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #338
QuikSand
lolzcat

So I have the rare foresight to actually buy my bananas a little bit green. I'm fighting my chromosomal deficiencies by actually trying to plan ahead. This is not easy for me and my ilk. But at least I am assured of having pleasantly yellow bananas for the suitable time.

Then these genetically modified monsters have the nerve to start sprouting unsightly brown spots while they are still bright green. Fuckers.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #339
Autumn
Head Coach

When someone says, "Is it just me ..." or "Maybe it's just me ..." or "I know i'm odd but ..." and then follows it with some completely non-controversial opinion that clearly everyone in the world agrees with.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #340
Rizon
Pro Starter

When someone threatens to jump off an overpass on my morning commute, raising it from 20 minutes to almost 2 hours. Especially when it's not even a high overpass that you'd die from.

Also pet peeve ... when the cops don't taser or shoot someone that threatens to jump off an overpass on my morning commute.
Quote:
Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #341
molson
General Manager

I wish when my dog unplugs the DirecTV it didn't take 20 minutes to get it running again, with all its system checks and whatnot.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #342
lungs
Pro Rookie

People who set appointments with me to try and pitch products I most likely don't want but am nice enough to listen not showing up on time or even call me with an explanation.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #343
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Excessively long email address signatures.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #344
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I hate when the owner of my favorite team signs or trades for a player, then I find out later that they did not actually sign or trade for the player.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #345
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

People who crowd the hallway and walk slow as hell. I have places to go, move outta my way.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #346
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
People who crowd the hallway and walk slow as hell. I have places to go, move outta my way.

Yes, especially people who don't understand that you walk on the right, to make room for people coming the other way or trying to pass you from behind. These people always drift over as you're trying to get around them.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #347
molson
General Manager

People having trouble with the concept of space in general is a big one.

There's this coffee shop I go to - there's a part of the counter where they'll give you bagels and food, a part where they give you drinks, and the cash register. OK, maybe a better layout could improve things, but I can't go in there if there's more than 0 people because people just tend to stand all over the place, in a big clomp.....you have no idea if they're in line, if they're waiting for their order, if they're reading the menu, if they're just chatting with someone else. I want to throw hot coffee in all their faces.

Last edited by molson : 08-06-2011 at 11:08 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #348
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

wHen pEOpLe tYpE lIKe ThIs.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #349
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

When newspapers/media outlets use the phrase "blast off" with regards to rocket/satellite launches. I thought it was just me that this irritated, but one of my coworkers just said the same...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #350
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

When people push a touch screen phone. They're called *touch screen* for a reason.