Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-01-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

YouTube Channel!

Hello!

I hope your day is going well!

Now that my youtube channel I began in December has gotten momentum, and hit 100+ subscribers this weekend, I figured I'd hit you up. In case any of you are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBG..._as=subscriber

It focuses on trying to unpack forggeten gems and classics of three genres - horror, science fiction, and fantasy. The channel is named after the famous quote from Joubert, "The worst thing about new books, is that they keep us from reading old ones."

If it's the sort of thing you might enjoy, check it out!

Here's today's video for you. I post on Sunday/Thursday of each week, with a special Tuesday video for the last two months to give you a Clark Ashton Smith review for his forgotten but awesome Zothique cycle.

I've done Wells and London, Lord Dunsany and Moorcock, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Algernon Blackwood, Larry Niven and LeGuin, HP Lovecraft and Robert Howard, and many more to follow. If it's your sort of thing, great! Let's do it!

If not, that's fine, don't feel pressured into it.

Abe

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #2
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Looks cool! Looks like you're off to a pretty good start - FWIW you got to the first 100 subs in a little over half the time it took me, so I'd say you're definitely doing reasonably well. A couple ideas you may, or may not, wish to consider:

** At least the most recent video I think the camera could stand to be raised a bit. At times your eyes are actually off-screen to the top, and I think it would be an improvement to have your face roughly centered.

** As you get more and more uploads, you might want to consider dividing your channel page into separate sections. As you've got three genres you are focusing on, perhaps a natural division would be to have one for each, and then maybe a 'recent uploads' for your last few at the top.

** Having some sort of channel banner/art and a one-minute channel trailer/intro explaining what it is you do and what visitors can expect (for all I know, maybe you already have that part and it's not on the subscriber view) would also be helpful in terms of first impressions.

Blessings on your endeavors!
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Looks cool! Looks like you're off to a pretty good start - FWIW you got to the first 100 subs in a little over half the time it took me, so I'd say you're definitely doing reasonably well. A couple ideas you may, or may not, wish to consider:

** At least the most recent video I think the camera could stand to be raised a bit. At times your eyes are actually off-screen to the top, and I think it would be an improvement to have your face roughly centered.

** As you get more and more uploads, you might want to consider dividing your channel page into separate sections. As you've got three genres you are focusing on, perhaps a natural division would be to have one for each, and then maybe a 'recent uploads' for your last few at the top.

** Having some sort of channel banner/art and a one-minute channel trailer/intro explaining what it is you do and what visitors can expect (for all I know, maybe you already have that part and it's not on the subscriber view) would also be helpful in terms of first impressions.

Blessings on your endeavors!

Good ideas, thanks!

Abe

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote