Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2005, 11:04 PM   #151
miked
College Starter

I think it's interesting that people so concerned with stats and realism are taking such a shortsighted view on injuries. Not that I have any idea if it's a problem or not, but a few anecdotal stories about injuries being to high is not very convincing. Taking a cross section of 8 teams during one season and just reporting injuries isn't a very good method. There appear to be several variables including playing time, durability, medical staff, etc.

All I'm saying is don't go demanding that something be fixed unless you have actual statistical proof it's broken.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:23 PM   #152
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And another possible bug.

While recruiting, if you try an advance before you've used all your funds, hit "no, I really don't want to advance", spend your money, then try an advance again...you can't. I've repeated the problem twice, only way around it I've found is to close the game and re-open it.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:24 AM   #153
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Quote:
I expect you would fine most college teams to have between 9 and 18 injuries at any given time during the season

between 9-18 injured, maybe. between 9-18 out? nope. even the most snake bit teams wont have 10 starters sitting out

i have no problem with guys being banged up, i havbe a huge problem having my 5 best players not playing every season

i would guess an average team rarely has more than 2-3 starters out, some 7 some 0. but i've never had less than 5 after about week 6 i'd say. its the last thing holding back the game, imo, and needs to be changed asap
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:07 AM   #154
jbmagic
Pro Starter

keep in mind Skydog sets it to 200% for injuries on FOF.

he probably influence Arles to set the Injuries high on BBCF.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:12 AM   #155
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

Yes, of course. As the One True Dark Jedi, I thought it wise to use My powers to override Arlie's will and enforce My Will upon him.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #156
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Yes, of course. As the One True Dark Jedi, I thought it wise to use My powers to override Arlie's will and enforce My Will upon him.

Can you get him to add recruits from West Virginia and Wyoming?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #157
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen
between 9-18 injured, maybe. between 9-18 out? nope. even the most snake bit teams wont have 10 starters sitting out

i have no problem with guys being banged up, i havbe a huge problem having my 5 best players not playing every season

i would guess an average team rarely has more than 2-3 starters out, some 7 some 0. but i've never had less than 5 after about week 6 i'd say. its the last thing holding back the game, imo, and needs to be changed asap

Professional teams will have 7 to 10 starters out at times. Look at what has happened to the Eagles or Patriots? I think people forget how common injuries occur in football.

Packers have lost 3 starting tailbacks alone. Their top WR, their TE and who knows what else.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #158
Ben E Lou

I'm playing another season now. I'm into week 5, and am seeing nothing abnormal about injuries so far. Mid-season report coming soon in my dynasty thread...
Old 12-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #159
Ben E Lou

Oh, and Bee, I'm getting more and more suspicious that something is wrong with the AI handling your academics. I'm still doing it myself, and have gotten through the first two grading periods and only one guy (a backup) has missed any time so far.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #160
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
So, in teams of 75-80 players, you have found teams having 9-18 injuries. At worst that's 20%, at best it's around 11%. I expect you would fine most college teams to have between 9 and 18 injuries at any given time during the season. The problem is that these lists are not required by the NCAA (like the NFL) so many teams keep them in house. The only ones ever published are of the season ending kind. Again, I am open to real data on this and if it shows the number in BBCF are off significantly, I will gladly look at it. The problem comes in that many of the injuries that occur in college football are downplayed/unpublished - and that leads to the impression that few are ever hurt/injured.

Here's a list being reported for the upcoming bowl games. While I agree that teams will sometimes not report minor injuries, in my experience it's very uncommon not to report players that will likely be out. This list also includes players academically ineligible, some players that are probable/questionable, etc....not just players that are out. That doesn't mean it's a complete list, but I think it gives a good starting point.

AKRON - Linebacker Jemall Benjamin (leg) and defensive backs Chevin Pace (knee) and Dion Elie (knee) are expected to miss the Motor City Bowl against Memphis.

ALABAMA - Center J.B. Closner (broken left leg) is doubtful for the Cotton Bowl against Texas Tech. Defensive tackle Justin Britt (shoulder surgery) and Wide receiver Tyrone Prothro (broken leg) will miss the Cotton Bowl.

ARIZONA STATE - Cornerback R.J. Oliver (foot) is doubtful for the Insight Bowl against Rutgers. Quarterback Sam Keller (thumb) and offensive linemen Zach Krula (ankle) and Grayling Love (foot) are expected to miss the Insight Bowl.

ARKANSAS STATE - Punter Jarrod Little (suspension) will miss the New Orleans Bowl against Southern Mississippi. Defensive lineman Jonathan Najm (knee) and defensive back Montis Harrison (shoulder) are expected to miss the New Orleans Bowl.

AUBURN - Running back Brad Lester (groin) and center Joe Cope (ankle) are questionable for the Capital One Bowl against Wisconsin. Running back Carl Stewart (knee) and linebacker Kevin Sears (suspension) are probable for the Capital One Bowl.

BOISE STATE - Tight end Derek Schouman (concussion) is probable for the MPC Computers Bowl against Boston College. Wide receiver Josh Smith (personal) will miss the MPC Computers Bowl.

BOSTON COLLEGE - Linebacker Brian Toal (shoulder) is probable for the MPC Computers Bowl against Boise State. Tight end Trey Koziol (knee) is expected to miss the MPC Computers Bowl.

B-Y-U - Cornerback Nate Soelberg (broken arm) is probable for the Las Vegas Bowl against California. Safety K.C. Bills (concussion), wide receiver Zac Collie (ankle) and defensive back Quinn Gooch (hamstring) are probable for the Las Vegas Bowl. Wide receiver Joe Griffin (none) has quit the team. Tight end Phillip Niu (foot), defensive lineman Daniel Marquardt (knee) and linebacker Aaron Wagner (knee) are expected to miss the Las Vegas Bowl.

CALIFORNIA - Defensive end Tosh Lupoi (foot) will miss the Las Vegas Bowl against B-Y-U. Defensive lineman Matthew Malele (knee) is day-to-day. Quarterback Nate Longshore (ankle) and offensive lineman Andrew Cameron (knee) are expected to miss the Las Vegas Bowl.

CLEMSON - Quarterback Charlie Whitehurst (shoulder) is questionable for the Champs Sports Bowl against Colorado. Defensive lineman Donnell Clark (knee) and wide receiver Kelvin Grant (knee) are expected to miss the Champs Sports Bowl.

COLORADO - Quarterback Joel Klatt (concussion) is questionable for the Champs Sports Bowl against Clemson. Offensive lineman Jack Tipton (knee) is day- to- day. Wide receiver Blake Mackey (knee) and defensive back Terrence Wheatley (wrist) are expected to miss the Champs Sports Bowl.

COLORADO STATE - Linebacker Jahmal Hall (knee) is probable for the Poinsettia Bowl against Navy. Defensive lineman Terrance Carter (knee) and offensive lineman Mike Brisiel (back) are questionable for the Poinsettia Bowl. Defensive back Lucas Davis (knee), linebacker John Nichols (shoulder), Luke Adkins (knee) and defensive back Ben Stratton (knee) are expected to miss the Poinsettia Bowl.

FLORIDA - Defensive back Vernell Brown (leg) is questionable for the Outback Bowl against Iowa. Defensive end Ray McDonald (right knee) is doubtful for the Outback Bowl. Defensive back Nick Brooks (knee) is sidelined indefinitely. Wide receiver Andre Caldwell (leg) is expected to miss the Outback Bowl.

FLORIDA STATE - Defensive lineman Kamerion Wimbley (knee) is questionable for the Orange Bowl against Penn State. Linebacker Marcello Church (ankle) will miss the Orange Bowl. Quarterback Wyatt Sexton (illness) and defensive back Antonio Cromartie (knee) are expected to miss the Orange Bowl. Defensive back Gerard Ross (knee), offensive linemen John Frady (shoulder), Cory Niblock (knee) and Matt Meinrod (broken leg) will miss the Orange Bowl.

FRESNO STATE - Fullback Roshon Vercher (knee) is questionable for the Liberty Bowl against Tulsa. Place kicker Clint Stitser (hip) is expected to miss the Liberty Bowl.

GEORGIA - Fullback Des Williams (pectoral) is expected to miss the Sugar Bowl against West Virginia. Offensive lineman Josh Brock (concussion) is expected to miss the Sugar Bowl.

GEORGIA TECH - Defensive linemen Darryl Richard (knee) and Travis Parker (eligibility) are expected to miss the Emerald Bowl against Utah.

HOUSTON - Defensive back Will Gulley (knee) will miss the Fort Worth Bowl against Kansas.

IOWA - Defensive back Ma'Quan Dawkins (knee) is expected to miss the Outback Bowl against Florida.

IOWA STATE - Running back Jason Scales (knee) and punt returner Ryan Baum (knee) are expected to miss the Houston Bowl against T-C-U.

KANSAS - Wide receiver/Defensive back Charles Gordon (strained right shoulder) is questionable for the Fort Worth Bowl against Houston. Fullback Bruce Ringwood (suspension) is sidelined indefinitely.

LOUISVILLE - Running back Michael Bush (strained foot) and wide receiver Mario Urrutia (leg) are probable for the Gator Bowl against Virginia Tech. Quarterback Brian Brohm (knee), wide receiver Broderick Clark (knee) and linebacker Matt Sanders (knee) are expected to miss the Gator Bowl.

L-S-U - Quarterback JaMarcus Russell (left shoulder) is questionable for the Peach Bowl against Miami. Offensive lineman Will Arnold (illness),running back Joseph Addai (ankle), and wide receiver Early Doucet (ankle) are questionable for the Peach Bowl. Running back Alley Brousard (knee), offensive lineman Ryan Miller (knee) and defensive lineman Kirston Pittman (foot) are expected to miss the Peach Bowl.

MEMPHIS - Wide receiver Carlton Robinzine (hand), and defensive lineman Van Houston (knee) will not play in the Motor City Bowl against Akron. Quarterbacks Patrick Byrne (broken leg) and Will Hudgens (leg), wide receiver Mario Pratcher (knee), offensive lineman Andy Smith (knee) and defensive lineman Rubio Phillips (knee) are expected to miss the Motor City Bowl.

MIAMI-FLORIDA - Linebacker Willie Williams (groin) is probable for the Peach Bowl against L-S-U. Running back Tyrone Moss (knee), linebacker Tavares Gooden (shoulder) and defensive back Anthony Reddick (knee) are expected to miss the Peach Bowl.

MICHIGAN - Wide receiver Adrian Arrington (ankle) is sidelined indefinitely. Offensive lineman Grant DeBenedictis (knee) and defensive back Ryan Mundy (shoulder) are expected to miss the Alamo Bowl against Nebraska.

MINNESOTA - Defensive back Brandon Owens (shoulder) is doubtful for the Music City Bowl against Virginia.

MISSOURI - Wide receiver Sean Coffey (shoulder) is questionable for the Independence Bowl against South Carolina. Defensive lineman Elgin Childress (knee) is expected to miss the Independence Bowl.

NAVY - Running back Karlos Whittaker (knee) and fullback Matt Hall (knee) are expected to miss the Poinsettia Bowl against Colorado State.

NC STATE - Defensive lineman John McCargo (foot) is questionable for the Meineke Car Care Bowl against U-S-F. Defensive lineman Raymond Brooks (academics) is expected to miss the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

NEBRASKA - Linebackers Stewart Bradley (knee) and Steve Octavien (leg), tight end Matt Herian (leg) and offensive lineman Andy Christensen (shoulder) are expected to miss the Alamo Bowl against Michigan.

NEVADA - Tight end Adam Bishop (illness), wide receiver Nichiren Flowers (illness) and defensive back Nick Hawthrone (knee) are probable for the Hawaii Bowl against U-C-F. Offensive linemen Kyle Gosselin (shoulder) and Fred White (foot), linebacker J.J. Milan (foot) and defensive back Paul Pratt (knee) are expected to miss the Hawaii Bowl.

NORTHWESTERN - Linebacker Nick Roach (back), defensive back Ben Rothrauff (concussion), running back Terrell Jordan (hamstring), and offensive lineman Vince Clarke (knee) are probable for the Sun Bowl against U-C-L-A. Defensive back Deante Battle (suspension) is questionable for the Sun Bowl. Wide receiver Brandon Horn (suspension), linebacker Chris Jeske (back), defensive lineman Corey Wootton (neck), offensive linemen Fred McConnell (knee), Trevor Rees (academics) and defensive back Bryan Heinz (undisclosed) are expected to miss the Sun Bowl.

NOTRE DAME - Wide receiver Rhema McKnight (knee) and defensive lineman Chris Frome (leg) are expected to miss the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State.

OHIO STATE - Linebacker Bobby Carpenter (ankle) and fullback Brandon Schnittker (back) are questionable for the Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dame. Tight end Ryan Hamby (knee) is probable for the Fiesta Bowl.

OKLAHOMA - Linebacker Demarrio Pleasant (disciplinary) is questionable for the Holiday Bowl against Oregon. Wide receiver Travis Williams (foot) is day- to-day. Center Jon Cooper (broken right ankle), defensive linemen Larry Birdine (biceps) and John Williams (knee) are expected to miss the Holiday Bowl.

OREGON - Offensive lineman Shawn Flanagan (pectoral) and quarterback Kellen Clemens (ankle) are expected to miss the Holiday Bowl against Oklahoma.

PENN STATE - Wide receiver Derrick Williams (broken arm) is doubtful for the Orange Bowl against Florida State. Defensive back Paul Cronin (suspension), defensive lineman Lavon Chisley (academics), offensive lineman John Wilson (knee) and wide receiver Mark Rubin (ankle) are expected to miss the Orange Bowl.

RUTGERS - Quarterbacks Ryan Hart (shoulder) and Mike Teel (shoulder) are probable for the Insight Bowl against Arizona State. Linebacker Terry Bynes (knee), defensive lineman Eric Foster (knee) and defensive back Jason Nugent (knee) are expected to miss the Insight Bowl.

SO CAROLINA - Defensive end Josh Johnson (undisclosed), running back Cory Boyd (suspension) and quarterback/running back Syvelle Newton (Achilles) are expected to miss the Independence Bowl against Missouri.

SOUTH FLORIDA- Defensive back A.J. Brant (knee) is expected to miss the Meineke Car Care Bowl against North Carolina State.

SOUTHERN MISS - Center Robby D'Angelo (sprained knee) is probable for the New Orleans Bowl against Arkansas State. Offensive lineman Trevis Cole (knee) and wide receiver Antwon Courington (knee) are expected to miss the New Orleans Bowl.

T-C-U - Running back Robert Merrill (toe) is probable for the Houston Bowl against Iowa State. Quarterback Tye Gunn (shoulder) and running back Lonta Hobbs (groin) are expected to miss the Houston Bowl.

TEXAS - Wide receiver Jordan Shipley (knee) is expected to miss the Rose Bowl against U-S-C.

TEXAS-EL PASO - Running back Tyler Ebell (undisclosed) and defensive lineman Chris Mineo (ankle) are probable for the GMAC Bowl against Toledo. Running back Matt Austin (ankle) is questionable for the GMAC Bowl. Wide receiver Jason Boyd (ankle) is doubtful for the GMAC Bowl.

TEXAS TECH - Defensive lineman Seth Nitschmann (knee) is expected to miss the Cotton Bowl against Alabama.

TOLEDO - Defensive back Nigel Morris (shoulder) and running back Scooter McDougle (knee) are expected to miss the GMAC Bowl against Texas-El-Paso.

U-C-F - Wide receiver Mike Walker (knee) and defensive lineman Glenroy Watkins (knee) are expected to miss the Hawaii Bowl against Nevada.

U-C-L-A - Offensive lineman Mike McCloskey (shoulder) is probable for the Sun Bowl against Northwestern. Offensive lineman Chris Joseph (knee) and defensive lineman Niola Dragovic (knee) are expected to miss the Sun Bowl.

U-S-C - Linebackers Thomas Williams (knee) and Keith Rivers (hamstring) are probable for the Rose Bowl against Texas. Running backs Desmond Reed (knee) and Michael Coleman (hip), offensive lineman Drew Radovich (hip), linebacker Dallas Sartz (knee) and defensive back Terrell Thomas (knee) are expected to miss the Rose Bowl.

UTAH - Wide receiver Brian Hernandez (ankle) is probable for the Emerald Bowl against Georgia Tech. Kick returner Justin Walker (undisclosed) is sidelined indefinitely. Quarterback Brian Johnson (knee), wide receiver John Madsen (ankle) and defensive lineman Marquess Ledbetter (undisclosed) are expected to miss the Emerald Bowl.

VIRGINIA - Linebacker Ahmad Brooks (back) is questionable for the Music City Bowl against Minnesota. Defensive back Nate Lyles (head), defensive linemen Ron Darden (headaches) and Chris Johnson (academics) and backup quarterback Philip Brown (academics) are expected to miss the Music City Bowl.

VIRGINIA TECH - Quarterback Marcus Vick (leg), running back Mike Imoh (ankle) and offensive lineman Reggie Butler (knee) are probable for the Gator Bowl against Louisville. Guard Brandon Gore (broken ankle) is expected to miss the Gator Bowl.

WEST VIRGINIA - Running back Jason Gwaltney (academics) is questionable for the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. Offensive lineman Dan Mozes (sprained knee) is expected to miss the Sugar Bowl.

WISCONSIN - Fullback Matt Bernstein (hip) is doubtful for the Capital One Bowl against Auburn. Defensive linemen Jamal Cooper (knee) and Joe Monty (knee) and linebacker Casey Hogan (leg) are expected to miss the Capital One Bowl.

Edit:
Added a better list than this below from in-season 2004.

Here's a link to a similar list from Sept 25. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/injuries

This is in-season so probably less accurate, but still players that are out for the season are being reported and in a couple cases even players that are just probable.

While it's not possible to get a complete list, I think it's reasonable to compare what the game is generating as far as players being out long-term to what is being reported. Most injuries not reported are going to be players that are probable or questionable, not players that are out (at least in my experience).

Last edited by Bee : 12-11-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:49 AM   #161
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh, and Bee, I'm getting more and more suspicious that something is wrong with the AI handling your academics. I'm still doing it myself, and have gotten through the first two grading periods and only one guy (a backup) has missed any time so far.

I actually am thinking I had really bad luck on the generated players. I've started a new career and so far my players GPA looks reasonable. When I went back and looked at the old careers, most of the team was around 2.0, with only a handful of guys out of the trouble zone. This team is just the opposite, a handful of guys around 2.0 and most of the team well above that.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #162
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Here's a list being reported for the upcoming bowl games. While I agree that teams will sometimes not report minor injuries, in my experience it's very uncommon not to report players that will likely be out. This list also includes players academically ineligible, some players that are probable/questionable, etc....not just players that are out. That doesn't mean it's a complete list, but I think it gives a good starting point.
I wish we could find an in-season list (preferably late), because these teams have 3-6 weeks for guys to recover for the Bowl Game.

That being said, I'll report in at Week 19 (halfway through Bowl season) to see where my injuries are at that point.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:57 AM   #163
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I actually am thinking I had really bad luck on the generated players. I've started a new career and so far my players GPA looks reasonable. When I went back and looked at the old careers, most of the team was around 2.0, with only a handful of guys out of the trouble zone. This team is just the opposite, a handful of guys around 2.0 and most of the team well above that.
Ah. That certainly could be the case.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #164
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
I wish we could find an in-season list (preferably late), because these teams have 3-6 weeks for guys to recover for the Bowl Game.

That being said, I'll report in at Week 19 (halfway through Bowl season) to see where my injuries are at that point.

I just added a list from 9/25. I think that list will be a lot less accurate because it's in-season and most teams don't want to report players that are questionable, doubtful, or probable. But it does give some information and I think we can use these lists to compare the more serious injuries the game is generating to see if that portion is relatively accurate.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #165
Bee
Pro Starter

Here's another list from last season(October) that lists probable/questionable/doubtful. Looks to be the most accurate list I've found so far.

------------------------
Air Force
Date Pos Player Injury Status
10/05/04 SB Matt Ward Suspension has been dismissed from team.
10/05/04 TE Robert McMenomy Neck injured last game, "?"
10/05/04 LB John Rudzinski Shoulder injured last game, upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 NG David Shaffer Foot is "?".
10/03/04 CB David Conley Neck is "?".
10/03/04 C John Peel Groin is "?".
09/18/04 OG Curtis Grantham Leg is out indefinitely.

Akron
10/06/04 DL Joe Radich Back missed last game, "?"

Alabama
10/06/04 DT Dominic Lee Back injured in practice, "?"
10/06/04 WR Keith Brown Concussion injured last game, "?"
10/06/04 LB Juwan Garth Shoulder expected to miss
10/05/04 CB Simeon Castille Knee limited last game, upgraded to probable.
10/04/04 DT Jeremy Clark Eye left last game, probable.
09/21/04 QB Brodie Croyle Knee out for the season.
09/02/04 DE Earnest Nance Suspension is out indefinitely.

Arizona State
09/27/04 RT Chaz White Ankle missed last game, is "?"
09/27/04 RB Cornell Canidate Groin has not played, expected to miss.
09/26/04 RB Randy Hill Knee injured last game, expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/26/04 RB Loren Wade Suspension is out indefinitely.
09/05/04 OG Brandon Rodd Knee is out for the season.
08/25/04 CB R.J. Oliver Foot out for the season.

Arizona U
10/05/04 WR Anthony Johnson Knee missed last game, upgraded to probable.
09/17/04 QB Ryan O'Hara Personal has left the team.

Arkansas
10/06/04 DE Derek Moore Leg is expected to miss the rest of the season.
10/06/04 OT Zac Tubbs Leg is expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/30/04 CB Michael Coe Foot upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/30/04 CB Chris Houston Ankle downgraded to doubtful.
09/29/04 S Vickiel Vaughn Ankle upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/29/04 TB DeCori Birmingham Hip upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/27/04 S Lerinezo Robinson Ankle upgraded from "?" to probable.

Auburn
10/04/04 OG Tim Duckworth Knee missed last game, "?".
09/02/04 DB David Irons Knee out for the year.

Ball State
10/06/04 LB Brad Seiss Leg upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/14/04 RB Larry Bostic Knee injured last game, downgraded to expected to miss the rest of the season.

Baylor
10/04/04 DT Quincy Jenkins Ankle left last game, "?".
10/04/04 DE Montez Murphy Ankle left last game, "?".
10/03/04 S Maurice Linguist Ankle missed last game, "?"
09/21/04 WR John Martin Concussion is expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/03/04 OG Nick Pace Back is out for the season.

Boise State
09/26/04 FB Brad Lau Finger is "?"
09/26/04 DE Julius Roberts Knee is "?"
09/26/04 FS Cam Hall Ankle is "?"

Boston College
09/23/04 WR Larry Lester Knee upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/19/04 RB Andre Callender Finger is probable.
09/10/04 DE Nick Larkin Knee out 3-4 weeks.
09/06/04 RB LV Whitworth Knee is expected to miss 4 weeks

Bowling Green
10/06/04 LB Jenkins Reese Ankle is "?".
10/03/04 DT Matt Leininger Shoulder is "?".

Buffalo U
10/02/04 QB PJ Piskorik Suspension missed last game, out indefinitely.
09/15/04 OT Tim Schmidt Knee is expected to miss the rest of the season.
08/16/04 WR Derrick Dyer Academics is academically ineligible and will miss the season.

BYU
10/05/04 QB Jason Beck Elbow missed last few games, downgraded to expected to miss.
08/28/04 TE Phillip Niu Leg out for the season.

California
10/04/04 DB Donnie McClesky Shoulder missed last game, "?"
08/31/04 DE Tosh Lupoi Foot is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.

Central Florida
10/06/04 PK Matt Prater Hip is "?"
10/06/04 CB Rovel Hamilton Personal has left the team
10/06/04 SS Atari Bigby Fibula expected to miss
10/04/04 LB Ronnell Sandy Leg is "?".
10/04/04 DT Frisner Nelson Undisclosed is "?".
10/03/04 DT Ben Brinson Knee missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 LB Brian Goins Knee missed last game, "?".
10/03/04 OG Adam Butcher Knee missed last game, "?"
09/29/04 WR Sha'reff Rashad Thumb expected to miss 5-6 weeks
09/13/04 CB Jason Venson Ankle is out for the year.
09/04/04 FS Peter Sands Academics out for the season.

Cincinnati U
10/04/04 RB Richard Hall Shoulder limited last game, probable.
10/04/04 CB Daven Holly Toe limited last game, "?".
10/03/04 P Chet Ervin Ankle is "?".

Clemson
10/05/04 CB Tye Hill Thumb is "?"
10/05/04 TB Duane Coleman Foot upgraded to probable.
09/19/04 DE Vontrell Jamison Arm out for the season.

Colorado
10/06/04 LB Chris Hollis Neck downgraded from "?" to expected to miss.
10/05/04 RB Bobby Purify Shoulder is "?".
10/03/04 NT Brandon Dabdoud Undisclosed is "?".
09/26/04 TE Quinn Sypniewski Ankle injured in practice, expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
08/31/04 CB Vance Washington Shoulder out for the season.
08/17/04 WR Jeremy Bloom Suspension out for the season.

Colorado State
10/01/04 WR David Anderson Oblique upgraded from "?" to probable.
10/01/04 DT Chris Kiffin Ankle is "?".
10/01/04 LB Courtney Jones Shoulder upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/27/04 OG Clint Oldenburg Neck is "?".
09/26/04 TE Matt Bartz Knee missed last game, "?".
09/07/04 LB Chris Davis Knee is expected to miss several games

Connecticut
10/01/04 DL Tyler King Leg expected to miss at least 6 weeks.
09/29/04 CB Ernest Cole Ankle downgraded from "?" to expected to miss.
09/29/04 OT Ryan Krug Ankle is "?".

Duke
09/23/04 QB Mike Schneider Concussion is expected to start.
09/23/04 RB Cedric Dargan Leg downgraded from "?" to doubtful.
09/23/04 WR Senterrio Landrum Undisclosed is "?".
09/22/04 WR Deonto McCormick Leg upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/19/04 CB Kenneth Stanford Shoulder is "?".
09/12/04 DE Phillip Alexander Leg is out for the season.
07/23/04 WR Lance Johnson None has been dismissed from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules.

East Carolina
10/06/04 WR Edwin Rios Ankle is "?".
10/06/04 OT Joel Renaud Knee is "?".
10/06/04 WR Damarcus Fox Suspension out indefinitely.
10/03/04 QB James Pinkney Arm is probable.

Eastern Michigan
10/06/04 DB Rontrell Woodruff Suspension is expected to miss.

Florida
10/05/04 SS Cory Bailey Ankle injured last game, "?"
10/04/04 TE David Kenner Ankle injured last game, "?".
10/04/04 OT Tavares Washington Knee is out indefinitely.
10/03/04 OG Steve Rissler Nose missed last game, "?"
09/15/04 QB Justin Midgett Suspension is out indefinitely

Florida Atlantic
09/16/04 QB Jared Allen Ankle injured last game, probable.
09/14/04 CB Christian Amaya Knee missed last game, "?".

Florida State
10/06/04 DE Eric Moore Ankle downgraded from "?" to expected to miss.
10/04/04 QB Drew Weatherford Ankle injured last game, downgraded to doubtful.
10/04/04 C John Frady Elbow is expectd to miss 4 weeks.
10/04/04 WR Willie Reid Hamstring injured last game, is "?"
10/04/04 G Cory Niblock Shoulder injured last game, is "?"
10/03/04 NG Brodrick Bunkley Ankle is "?".
10/03/04 FS BJ Ward Ankle is "?".
10/03/04 QB Chris Rix Ankle is expected to miss.
09/14/04 OG Matt Meinrod Knee out for the season.

Fresno State
10/03/04 DL Louis Leonard Ankle missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 OG Sean Finnerty Knee missed last game, doubtful.
09/28/04 RB Dwayne Wright Undisclosed missed last game, is out for the year.

Georgia
10/05/04 OG Max Jean-Gilles Knee upgraded to probable
10/03/04 LB Arnold Harrison Shoulder missed last game, "?".
09/14/04 RB Kregg Lumpkin Knee out for the season.

Georgia Tech
10/06/04 RB PJ Daniels Quad missed last game, upgraded to probable.
10/06/04 OG Brad Brezina Head is expected to miss
10/04/04 LB Gerris Wilkinson Leg is "?".
10/04/04 C Andy Tidwell-Neal Ankle left last game, "?".
09/26/04 CB Dennis Davis Shoulder out for the season.

Hawaii
10/06/04 C Derek Faavi Foot missed last game, downgraded to doubtful.
10/05/04 DE Mel Purcell Stinger left last game, upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 RB Mike Bass Knee missed last game, "?".
10/03/04 WR Nate Ilaoa Knee missed last game, "?"

Houston U
10/06/04 RB Jackie Battle Finger is expected to miss.
10/06/04 DE Joe Clay Knee is expected to miss.
10/03/04 RB Anthony Evans Calf is expected to miss.
10/03/04 OL David Douglas Ankle is "?".
10/03/04 FB Matt Schirmer Knee out until Oct. 23.
10/03/04 DL Kendrick Goss Hamstring is "?".
08/27/04 DT Eddie McCray Eligibility out for the season.
08/27/04 WR Chad McCullar Eligibility out for the season.

Idaho
10/05/04 LB Jeff Edwards Knee injured last game, "?".

Illinois
10/05/04 WR Lonnie Hurst Knee downgraded to expected to miss 2 - 3 weeks.
10/05/04 QB Jon Beutjer None is expected to start Saturday vs Michigan State.
10/03/04 FS Kyle Kleckner Stinger is "?".
09/26/04 WR Ade Adeyemo Leg out 6-8 weeks.
09/06/04 OG Bryan Koch Knee out for the season.

Indiana
10/03/04 C Chris Mangiero Ankle is "?".
10/03/04 SS Will Meyers Knee is "?".
09/30/04 OT Isaac Sowells Arm out for the season.
09/26/04 LB Cleo Harbison Ankle is "?".

Iowa
10/03/04 RB Jermelle Lewis Knee is "?".
09/30/04 WR Matt Melloy Knee upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/29/04 TE Mike Follett Undisclosed downgraded from "?" to doubtful.
09/28/04 OG Todd Plagman Ankle is doubtful.
09/28/04 FS Sean Considine Foot injured last game, downgraded to doubtful.
09/26/04 WR Ed Hinkel Elbow is probable.
09/26/04 C Brian Ferentz Staph Infection is "?".
09/21/04 RB Albert Young Knee out for the season.
09/19/04 OG David Walker Arm is out for the season.

Iowa State
10/05/04 QB Bret Meyer None is expected to start Saturday vs Texas A&M
10/03/04 PK Tony Yelk Hip is "?".
10/03/04 DE Cephus Johnson Knee is "?"

Kansas
10/05/04 S Tony Stubbs Undisclosed injured last game, probable.
10/03/04 OT Travis Dambach Undisclosed is "?".
10/03/04 OL Tony Coker Ankle is "?".
09/29/04 DB Greg Heaggans Suspension out indefinitely.

Kansas State
10/06/04 RT Derek Marso Knee is "?".

Kent
09/18/04 QB Tom Sitko Knee out for the season.

Kentucky
10/05/04 QB Shane Boyd Shoulder is probable, but not 100% healthy.
10/03/04 FB Ronald Johnson Shoulder missed last game, "?".
09/29/04 OL Ernie Pelayo Shoulder out for the season.
09/26/04 LB Dustin Williams Arm out indefinitely.
09/21/04 WR Keenan Burton Wrist out for the season.
08/25/04 CB Bo Smith Head out for the season.

Louisiana Tech
10/03/04 QB Donald Allen Arm is doubtful.
10/03/04 OT Adrian Gonzalez Undisclosed is "?".
10/03/04 OT Lester Brown Undisclosed is "?".

Louisville
10/02/04 RB Lionel Gates Hamstring upgraded from "?" to probable.
10/02/04 DT Amobi Okoye Shoulder is doubtful.

LSU
10/05/04 WR Skyler Green Ankle is probable.
10/05/04 C Ben Wilkerson Knee injured last game, upgraded to probable.
10/05/04 WR Craig Davis Stinger injured last game, upgraded to probable.
10/05/04 WR Dwayne Bowe Ankle injured last game, "?"
10/04/04 CB Corey Webster Knee injured last game, "?".
09/14/04 DB Mario Stephenson Foot is out indefinitely.

Marshall
10/06/04 RB Ahmad Bradshaw Ankle upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/01/04 LB Carlos Morgan Eligibility out for the season.
08/27/04 K Nick Kelly Eligibility out for the season.

Maryland
10/03/04 DE Kevin Eli Concussion missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 WR Danny Melendez Hamstring missed last game, "?"

Memphis
09/28/04 CB Lionel Pieh Hamstring aggravated last game, expected to miss.
09/28/04 FS Wesley Smith Shoulder is probable.
09/28/04 S Scott Vogel Knee left last game, downgraded to expected to miss.

Miami Florida
09/29/04 FB Kyle Cobia Shoulder out for the season.
09/29/04 RB Frank Gore Knee upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/29/04 LB Leon Williams Hand upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/29/04 WR Ryan Moore Ankle is expected to miss.
09/26/04 CB Glenn Sharpe Knee downgraded from "?" to out indefinitely.
08/31/04 LB Willie Williams Knee is expected to miss up to two months.

Miami Ohio
10/05/04 WR Martin Nance Knee downgraded to expected to miss rest of the season.

Michigan
10/05/04 WR Steve Breaston Hand upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 DT Larry Harrison Leg is "?".
10/03/04 LB Tim Jamison Knee out for the season.
10/03/04 QB Matt Guitierrez Shoulder out indefinitely.

Michigan State
10/05/04 LB Michael Bazemore Shoulder injured last game, is expected to play.
10/05/04 WR Agim Shabaj Flu missed last game, upgraded to probable.
10/04/04 DT Kevin Vickerson Ankle injured last game, is "?"
10/04/04 LB Ronald Stanley Elbow injured last game, is "?"
10/03/04 OL Stefon Wheeler Ankle missed last 3 games, "?".
09/28/04 LB Seth Mitchell Knee out for the season.

Middle Tenn St
09/26/04 LB Jonathan Bonner Neck is expected to miss the rest of the season.
08/24/04 C Kyle Ringley Ankle is out indefinitely.
08/24/04 OL Kenyon Buford Ankle is out for the season.

Minnesota U
10/04/04 S John Pawielski Ankle injured last game, is "?"

Mississippi
10/06/04 K Jonathan Nichols Toe is "?"
10/05/04 WR Bill Flowers Kidney missed last few games, upgraded to "?".
10/05/04 DT Chris Herring Calf missed last 3 games, "?".
10/03/04 DL Corey Mills Groin missed last game, "?".
10/03/04 DE Daniel Booth Calf missed last game, "?"
08/11/04 RB Jamal Pittman Suspension will be suspended for at least 6 games.

Mississippi St
10/05/04 FB Darnell Jones Shoulder injured last game, "?"
10/05/04 C Brian Anderson Knee injured last game, downgraded to doubtful.
10/05/04 G Will Rogers Sternum injured last game, upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 QB Omarr Conner Knee is expected to miss up to three weeks.
10/03/04 OG Otis Riddley Knee out for the season.
10/02/04 WR McKinley Scott Hamstring is "?".

Missouri
10/06/04 LB David Richard Suspension Served is probable after a one-game suspension
10/05/04 P Brock Harvey Collarbone injured last game, out indefinitely.

Navy
09/26/04 WR Amir Jenkins Hamstring is "?".

NC State
10/05/04 TB Darrell Blackman Shoulder is "?"
10/05/04 WR Sterling Hicks Ankle upgraded to probable.
10/05/04 DT Dwayne Herndon MCL upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 FS Andre Maddox Hamstring is "?".
09/30/04 OG Luke Lathan Knee is "?".

Nebraska
10/06/04 FB Steve Kriewald Knee missed last game, upgraded to probable
10/06/04 DE Adam Carriker Ankle missed last game, upgraded to probable
10/06/04 CB Lornell McPherson Hamstring missed last 2 games, upgraded to probable
10/04/04 OL Richie Incognito Suspension has left school.
10/03/04 OG Jared Helming Undisclosed missed last game, "?"
08/14/04 QB Jordan Adams Spleen out indefinitely (08/14)

Nevada
10/05/04 QB Jeff Rowe None removed from last game, probably will start.
09/24/04 C Thomas Stevens Ankle out 3-4 weeks.
09/23/04 DE Charles Wilson Foot is expected to miss 4-6 weeks
09/18/04 C Kyle Gosselin Ankle out for the season.
08/28/04 CB Steven Murphy None has been dismissed from the team.
08/28/04 CB Rodney Landingham None has been dismissed from the team.

New Mexico
10/05/04 QB Kole McKamey Head is expected to miss.
10/05/04 QB Tali Ena None has been named the starter.
10/04/04 RB DonTrell Moore Knee missed last game, probable.

New Mexico State
10/05/04 QB Buck Pierce Shoulder played sparingly last game, "?".
10/05/04 LB Rich Glover Concussion left last game, "?".
10/05/04 LB Jimmy Cottrell Knee injured last game, expected to miss.
09/29/04 DE Chris Sneed Suspension missed last few games, out for the season
09/27/04 OT Kyle Smith Shoulder is expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/19/04 CB Cameron Wright Foot is expected to miss another 2-4 weeks.
09/12/04 RB Tony Joseph Suspension missed last few games, out indefinitely.

No Illinois
10/04/04 RB AJ Harris Ankle missed last game, "?".
09/19/04 NG Eric Pittman Knee out 5-6 weeks.

North Carolina
10/04/04 RB Ronnie McGill Ankle is "?".
09/15/04 G Skip Seagraves Ankle is out for the season.

North Texas
10/04/04 OL Jeremy Brown Mononucleosis missed last game, "?".
10/04/04 LB Lee Clay Leg missed last game, "?".
09/29/04 RB Patrick Cobbs Knee is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
09/05/04 LB Travis Thompson Leg is expected to miss the season

Northwestern
10/03/04 KR Darrell Jenkins Wrist out for the season.
09/21/04 LB Adam Kadela Knee out 4-6 weeks.
09/10/04 CB Marquice Cole Ankle is out 4-6 weeks.
09/05/04 DE Loren Howard Ankle is out for the season.

Notre Dame
10/03/04 RB Ryan Grant Hamstring is "?".
10/03/04 WR Maurice Stovall Ankle is "?".

Ohio
10/06/04 FS Chip Cox Shoulder upgraded from "?" to probable.
10/06/04 S Rob Stover Knee upgraded from "?" to probable.
10/06/04 LB Dennis Chukwuemeka Undisclosed upgraded from "?" to probable.
10/04/04 QB Ryan Hawk Concussion is probable.
10/04/04 NG Shane Yates Undisclosed missed last game, "?"
10/04/04 LB Michael Graham Undisclosed missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 RB Justin Roush Knee is "?".
10/03/04 LB Tyler Russ Shoulder is "?".
10/03/04 RB Brad Young Bicep is "?".

Ohio State
09/12/04 CB Dustin Fox Arm is out indefinitely.

Oklahoma
10/05/04 RB Kejuan Jones Ankle missed last game, upgraded to probable.
10/04/04 RB Adrian Peterson Leg upgraded to probable.
09/18/04 DT Dusty Dvoracek None has been dismissed from the team.
09/06/04 DT Lawrence Dampeer Suspension has been suspended indefinitely.

Oklahoma State
10/04/04 OL Davis Koenig Back missed last game, "?".

Oregon
10/04/04 WR Demetrius Williams Shoulder injured last game, probable.
10/04/04 OL Robin Knebel Ankle is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.
10/04/04 DB Marley Tucker Elbow is expected to miss 6 weeks.
10/03/04 DL Matt Toeaina Ankle missed last game, "?"
09/25/04 FB Jerome Johnson Eligibility is expected to miss the season.
09/22/04 QB Johnny DuRocher None has transfered.

Oregon State
09/29/04 RB Dwight Wright Hand is probable.
09/26/04 S Harvey Whiten Calf missed last game, "?"
09/26/04 DB Dallas Buck Mononucleosis missed last game, "?".
08/24/04 OL JC Ronnfeldt Undisclosed has not been cleared to play

Penn State
10/06/04 OT Levi Brown Knee is expected to miss
10/05/04 QB/WR Michael Robinson Concussion missed last game, upgraded to "?".
08/28/04 S Chris Harrell Neck out for the season.
08/25/04 LB BranDon Snow Foot is expected to miss 4-8 weeks.

Pittsburgh U
10/06/04 P Adam Graessle Concussion upgraded from "?" to probable.
10/03/04 C Justin Belarski Undisclosed is "?".
10/03/04 OT Rob Petitti Concussion is "?".
10/03/04 FB Tim Murphy Ankle missed last 2 games, is "?".
10/03/04 OG Rob Frederick Foot is "?".
10/03/04 DE Azzie Beagnyam Leg is "?".
10/03/04 WR Princell Brockenbrough Knee is "?".
10/03/04 FS Sam Bryant Leg is "?".
08/30/04 RB Jawan Walker Academics is academically ineligible.
08/30/04 CB Josh Lay Academics has been suspended indefinitely.

Purdue
10/06/04 DE Anthony Spencer Ankle injured last game, upgraded to probable
10/03/04 FB Jon Goldsberry Mononucleosis missed last game, "?"

Rice
10/06/04 RB Thomas Lott Hip missed last game, downgraded to expected to miss.
10/06/04 OG Micah Meador Shoulder missed last game, upgraded to probable.
10/06/04 HB Quinton Smith Elbow missed last game, upgraded to probable.
10/05/04 QB Greg Henderson Internal injured last game, "?".
10/05/04 WR Ben Wiggins Knee is expected to miss the rest of the season.
10/05/04 DE Thadis Pegues Suspension Served missed last game, expected to play.
10/05/04 FB Ed Bailey Suspension Served missed last game, expected to play.

Rutgers
10/06/04 RB Brian Leonard Thigh missed last game, "?"
10/06/04 WR Shawn Tucker Groin is "?"
10/06/04 OT Sameeh McDonald Knee downgraded to expected to miss
10/04/04 LB Quintero Frierson Ankle is doubtful.
10/04/04 LB DeVraun Thompson Knee is "?".
10/04/04 RB Markis Facyson Ankle is "?".
10/03/04 WR Marcus Daniels Knee is "?".

San Diego State
10/06/04 LB Stephan Larson Flu left practice on Tuesday, probable.
10/06/04 LB Freddie Keiaho Flu missed practice Tuesday, "?".
10/05/04 G Patrick Justman Ankle injured last game, "?"
10/05/04 QB Matt Dlugolecki Concussion injured last game, probable.
10/04/04 CB Hubert Caliste Shin injured last game, "?"
10/03/04 OG Brandyn Dombrowski Ankle missed last game, expected to miss.
10/03/04 OT Mike Kracalik Knee missed last game, expected to play.
10/03/04 CB Jacob Elimimian Suspension has not played, "?".
09/26/04 RB Lynell Hamilton Ankle out for the season.
09/12/04 WR Wesley Wiliams Hip is out 3-5 weeks.

SMU
10/04/04 C Brad Kieschnick Ankle injured last game, "?".
10/04/04 DE Justin Rodgers Concussion injured last game, "?".
09/23/04 QB Chris Phillips Shoulder expected to miss 3-4 weeks.
09/21/04 LB Cory Muse Knee injured last game, downgraded to expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/15/04 LB DD Lee Elbow expected to miss rest of season
09/06/04 OL Eric Neal Foot out for the season.
09/06/04 DE Cole Horton Heart out for the season.
09/06/04 LB Reggie Carrington Shoulder out for the season.

So Mississippi
10/06/04 DB Trevis Coley Finger is probable.
09/21/04 CB Seth Cumbie Knee is out for the season.

South Carolina
10/06/04 QB Dondrial Pinkins Shoulder aggravated last game, downgraded to doubtful
10/05/04 WR Mathew Thomas Suspension is expected to miss.
10/05/04 LB Lance Laury Knee downgraded from "?" to doubtful.
10/05/04 QB Syvelle Newton None is expected to start.
10/04/04 DT Darrell Shropshire Neck is "?".
10/04/04 FS Ko Simpson Ankle is "?".
10/03/04 WR Sidney Rice Knee missed last game, doubtful
09/12/04 CB Jonathan Joseph Foot is out for the season.

South Florida
09/28/04 OT Derrick Sarosi Knee injured last game, upgraded to probable.
09/27/04 OG Chris Carothers Ankle injured last game, "?".
09/27/04 DL Matt Groelinger Concussion missed last game, upgraded to probable.
09/26/04 SS Johnnie Jones Neck is out for the season.
09/22/04 WR Cedric King Academics is out for the year.

Stanford
10/04/04 LB Jon Alston Concussion injured last game, "?"
10/03/04 DB TJ Rushing Concussion is "?".

Syracuse
10/05/04 WR Steve Gregory Thigh missed last 3 games, downgraded to expected to miss.
10/04/04 CB Tanard Jackson Chest upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 LB Kellen Pruitt Knee out until Oct. 21

TCU
10/04/04 WR Reggie Harrell Finger missed last game, "?".
10/02/04 QB Kyle Kummer None is expected to start Saturday vs Army
10/02/04 QB Brandon Hassell Arm downgraded from "?" to not expected to start, very "?" to play.
09/29/04 WR Cory Rodgers Finger upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/29/04 WR Quentily Harmon Hamstring upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/27/04 QB Tye Gunn Ankle missed last game, downgraded to doubtful.
09/27/04 TE Chad Andrus Ankle missed last game, downgraded to expected to miss.
09/27/04 CB Mark Walker Concussion missed last game, upgraded to probable.
09/26/04 WR Michael DePriest Shoulder upgraded from "?" to probable.
08/24/04 CB Drew Coleman Knee is expected to miss the season.

Temple
08/24/04 DT Antwon Burton Abdominal injured in practice, expected to miss 3-5 weeks.

Tennessee U
10/05/04 S Jason Allen Undisclosed is "?"
10/05/04 TE Justin Reed Knee injured last game, downgraded to doubtful.
10/05/04 OL Aaron Sears Ankle injured last game, downgraded to doubtful.
10/04/04 TE Victor McClure Suspension Served is probable
10/04/04 DE Parys Haralson Knee injured last game, "?"
09/21/04 LB Kevin Simon Knee is expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/04/04 WR James Banks Knee out for the year.
08/27/04 DT Greg Jones Eligibility out for the season.

Texas
10/05/04 DT Rodrique Wright Ankle upgraded to probable..
10/03/04 WR Brian Carter Knee is "?".
08/30/04 DE Mike Williams Academics is expected to miss the season.
08/30/04 DE Bryan Pickryl Shoulder is expected to miss the season.
08/23/04 WR Jordan Shipley Knee is expected to miss the season.

Texas A&M
10/05/04 LB Keelan Jackson Leg left last game, downgraded to doubtful.
10/04/04 DL Bryce Reed Leg left last game, "?".
10/03/04 TE Quinlin Germany Undisclosed missed last game, "?"

Texas Tech
10/04/04 DE Adell Duckett Undisclosed missed last game, "?".
10/04/04 LB Brock Stratton Undisclosed missed last game, "?".

Toledo
09/21/04 TE Andrew Carke Hip out for the season.
08/24/04 LB Brock Dodrill Suspension is expected to miss the season.

Tulane
10/06/04 QB Nick Cannon Shoulder out indefinitely.
10/04/04 RG Donald Madlock Hip injured last game, "?"
08/31/04 DE Michael Roberts Undisclosed has not been cleared to practice.
08/31/04 DE Alvin Johnson Academics has been declared academically ineligible.
08/31/04 DT Bamm Mateen Personal has quit the team.

Tulsa
09/30/04 DB Bobby Klink Eligibility has not played, upgraded to expected to play.

UAB
10/06/04 DE Kyle Bissinger Ankle is doubtful.
10/03/04 FS Justin Whitmore Leg is "?".

UCLA
10/04/04 DT CJ Niusulu Suspension Served served one-game susoension, probable
10/03/04 DT Nikola Dragovic Ankle missed last game, doubtful
10/03/04 DB Dennis Keyes Shoulder missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 LB Justin London Ankle missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 OT Kenneth Lombard Shoulder missed last game, doubtful
09/27/04 WR Craig Bragg Shoulder is expected to be out until Oct. 16.
09/02/04 LB Tim Warfield Knee downgraded to expected to miss several weeks.

UL Monroe
10/06/04 WR Josh Hudnall Knee injured last game, "?".
10/04/04 WR Charles Estes Hamstring missed last game, "?".

UNLV
10/05/04 WR Terry Furlow Ankle upgraded to probable.
10/05/04 WR Tremayne Kirkland Shoulder has not played, out for the year.
10/03/04 DE Pete Dunbar Knee is "?".
09/08/04 LB Ryan Welter Knee out for the season.
08/24/04 T Tyler Crandal Foot out for the season.

USC
10/06/04 DE Frostee Rucker Toe is "?"
10/06/04 S Darnell Bing Shoulder downgraded to expected to miss
08/26/04 WR Mike Williams None is expected to miss entire season.

Utah
09/30/04 SS Kawika Casco Abdominal downgraded from "?" to expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/30/04 DE Jonathan Fanene Concussion upgraded from "?" to probable.
09/27/04 LB Taylor Miller Abdominal injured last game, is "?"

Utah State
10/05/04 P Ben Chaet Ankle left last game, upgraded to "?".
10/03/04 C Malik Cin Undisclosed is "?".
09/14/04 S Terrance Washington Knee is out for the season.

UTEP
10/06/04 DB James Delgardo Not Suspended is expected to be available.
10/06/04 QB Jordan Palmer Concussion upgraded from "?" to expected to start.
10/04/04 S Mark Dowdy Foot is probable.
10/03/04 OT Richard Pope Undisclosed missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 DE Reggie Miles Eligibility missed last game, doubtful
10/03/04 S Joe Fleskoski Knee missed last game, "?"

Vanderbilt
10/03/04 OT Justin Geisinger Knee missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 FS Kelechi Ohanaja Quad missed last game, "?".
09/29/04 OG Mac Pyle Personal has left the team for personal reasons

Virginia
10/04/04 WR Deyon Williams Shoulder missed last game, upgraded to expected to start.
09/27/04 DE Chris Canty Knee out for the season.
09/21/04 LB Bryant White Undisclosed out for the season.
09/07/04 WR Fontel Mines Collarbone is out 6-8 weeks.

Virginia Tech
10/06/04 DE Jordan Trott Back is expected to miss 3-4 weeks
10/05/04 LB Xavier Adibi Bicep missed last few games, expected to miss.
08/03/04 QB Marcus Vick Suspension is out for the season.

Wake Forest
10/06/04 CB Eric King Concussion downgraded to "?"
10/04/04 OT Wesley Bryant Ankle injured last game, doubtful.
10/04/04 DE Jyles Tucker Knee is "?".
10/04/04 DT Goryal Scales Ankle injured last game, probable.
10/04/04 WR Jason Anderson Ankle missed last few games, upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 C Kreg Rotthoff Knee missed last game, doubtful.
10/01/04 FB Damon McWhite Knee out 4-6 weeks.
09/09/04 OG Brodie Overstreet Eye out for the season.
09/06/04 LB James Adams Knee out for the season.

Washington State
10/06/04 WR Marty Martin Shoulder is doubtful
10/06/04 TE Troy Bienemann Shin is doubtful
10/06/04 DT Steve Cook Knee missed last 2 games, doubtful
10/05/04 DT Ropati Pitoitua Ankle missed last 2 games, downgraded to expected to miss.
10/03/04 CB Tyron Brackenridge Hamstring missed last game, "?"
10/03/04 DE Reyshawn Bobo Knee missed last game, doubtful.
09/14/04 LB Brian Winter Leg is expected to miss 4 weeks.

Washington U
10/06/04 S Chris Hemphill Thigh is "?"
10/05/04 CB Derrick Johnson Groin injured last game, upgraded to "?".
10/05/04 QB Carl Bonnell Headache left last game, expected to start.
10/04/04 WR Charles Frederick Hamstring missed last game, "?".
10/03/04 TE Ben Bandel Knee missed last game, "?"
09/28/04 WR Corey Williams Wrist expected to miss the rest of the season.
09/27/04 FB Zach Tuiasosopo Leg expected to be out for the rest of the season.
09/21/04 DE Mike Mapuolesega Knee is expected to miss 3-4 weeks.

West Virginia
09/30/04 RB Kay-Jay Harris Hamstring is probable.
09/26/04 LB Adam Lehnortt Ankle is "?".

Western Michigan
10/06/04 S Mark Hardy Undisclosed is expected to miss
10/03/04 QB Blayne Baggett Ribs missed last game, expected to be available.
10/03/04 DB Kevin Ford Foot injured last game, "?"
10/03/04 WR Greg Jennings Foot injured last game, "?"

Wisconsin
10/05/04 OT Mike Lorenz Foot is expected to miss.
10/05/04 CB Scott Starks Arm upgraded to probable.
10/03/04 LB LaMarr Watkins Undisclosed is "?".
08/27/04 RB Dwayne Smith Heart out for the season.

Wyoming
10/06/04 RB Ivan Harrison Shoulder is probable.
10/06/04 RB Joe Harris Leg left last game, "?".
10/03/04 OG Alan Erving Shoulder injured last game, "?".
10/03/04 DT Zach Morris Ankle missed last game, "?".
10/03/04 LB Austin Hall Ankle missed last few games, "?".
10/03/04 SS Marcial Rosales Knee out for the season.
10/03/04 WR Josh Barge Abdominal is expected to miss.

Last edited by Bee : 12-11-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:26 AM   #166
Ben E Lou

OK. Here's a current report from my team, at the midway point:

Team Injury Report
POSNAMEINJURYSTATUS
QBErric MowattPatella (Broken)Out(8-10)
OTBrenden LeoFinger (Dislocation)Prob(1-3)
OTAlvin BurkettElbow (Complete Ligament Tear)Out(6-8)
DEEnoch HippleEye (Nerve Injury)Out(6-8)
DEMathias KelcherAnkle (Complete Ligament Tear)Out(2-4)
DTZek DayHeel/Achilles (Strain)Ques(1-3)
CBRiall HartingsFoot (Torn Tendon)Out(3-5)
CBSaleem LougheedForearm (Torn Tendon)Doubt(4-6)
CBCie FinksFoot (Laceration)Prob(2-4)
SSDamien McCardellElbow (Bone Chips)Doubt(9-11)
Old 12-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #167
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
OK. Here's a current report from my team, at the midway point:

Team Injury Report
POSNAMEINJURYSTATUS
QBErric MowattPatella (Broken)Out(8-10)
OTBrenden LeoFinger (Dislocation)Prob(1-3)
OTAlvin BurkettElbow (Complete Ligament Tear)Out(6-8)
DEEnoch HippleEye (Nerve Injury)Out(6-8)
DEMathias KelcherAnkle (Complete Ligament Tear)Out(2-4)
DTZek DayHeel/Achilles (Strain)Ques(1-3)
CBRiall HartingsFoot (Torn Tendon)Out(3-5)
CBSaleem LougheedForearm (Torn Tendon)Doubt(4-6)
CBCie FinksFoot (Laceration)Prob(2-4)
SSDamien McCardellElbow (Bone Chips)Doubt(9-11)

How many are those players starters?
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #168
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman
How many are those players starters?
Uploading HTML player cards right now. I meant to do that already anyway.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #169
Ben E Lou

Done.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #170
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

Doesn't everyone play with them at 200?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #171
Balldog
Pro Rookie

This is really starting to annoy me. About 30% of the time I call a defense play the AI decides to run a different play and for the most part a different formation. Very frustrating. Am I the only one seeing this?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #172
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
No. Only people who want their stats and injuries to be realistic do.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #173
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
No. Only people who want their stats and injuries to be realistic do.

Oh.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #174
duckman
Pro Starter

The number of injuries are just fine; however, the severity seems high. It's not out of the realm of possibilities to have injuries to 1/5 to 1/3 of the roster, but only 20%-30% of those should be so severe that they cannot play.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #175
Flasch186
Coordinator

one thing that I sense w/o any proof is that the type of injury or description doesnt seem to correlate with the severity or the length of time. IE. Complete Ligament tear (Q 2-4) stuff like that.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #176
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
one thing that I sense w/o any proof is that the type of injury or description doesnt seem to correlate with the severity or the length of time. IE. Complete Ligament tear (Q 2-4) stuff like that.
When did the injury happen? If it was 7 weeks before, that could be the case.

Also, I am going to be making the following changes to injuries:

1. Reduce the overall severity of most injuries.
2. Add an injury setting that will have "High", "Normal" and "Low" to allow people the ability to customize.

I think the problem here was that I got a little overboard with the idea of punishing low durability players. The more I think about it, the more I think these guys should always be nursing some minor injuries, but not neccesarily out for the season each year.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #177
sooner333
College Starter

Yeah, injuries are hard to judge in college football because they are so secretive about it. Usually a player is either "out" or playing. I know Stoops dosen't classify how injured a player is, and often coaches will say a player will play, and he either doesn't (Reggie McNeal vs. Texas) or plays so badly he might as well not (Adrian Peterson vs. Texas, Kansas). I know for OU they've had a few season enders this season, as well as some starters missing multiple games throughout the year. However, they seem more spread out than what is being reported on the board and more severe. It seems that most injuries in college football that don't send a player out limit effectiveness more so than playing time...and that could also be hard for a fan to notice in real life because it simply isn't reported.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #178
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Balldog did you set staff delegation to Yes for Gameplan. That would explain your overrides.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #179
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Can you get him to add recruits from West Virginia and Wyoming?

Are there like absolutely no recruits in WV or just a realistic amount (ie: maybe 2-3 D1-A players a season)?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #180
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Are there like absolutely no recruits in WV or just a realistic amount (ie: maybe 2-3 D1-A players a season)?

None. I'm pretty sure it's a bug since the last two states in the list (West Virginia and Wyoming) are the only states that have 0 recruits everytime I play.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #181
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tellean
Balldog did you set staff delegation to Yes for Gameplan. That would explain your overrides.

I have seen the same thing and that is not the problem - if it were, you would see the override on most, if not all plays - I am seeing it on maybe 1 in 5, or 1 in 10, something like that.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #182
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Also, I am going to be making the following changes to injuries:

1. Reduce the overall severity of most injuries.
2. Add an injury setting that will have "High", "Normal" and "Low" to allow people the ability to customize.

I think the problem here was that I got a little overboard with the idea of punishing low durability players. The more I think about it, the more I think these guys should always be nursing some minor injuries, but not neccesarily out for the season each year.

Sweet.

Internally, does High, normal, low equate to percentage numbers? If they do, could you allow us to set that number ourselves? Or are there many other factors involved?

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #183
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush

probably

i know in HFL online league we use 125% and in NAFL online league we use 90%

in my single player league i use 100%
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #184
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Ok...
Im ranked 15 to start the season, I beat #6 USC and move up to #7, then I lose to #6 ranked miami by a touchdown, and I move to #17, a bye week passes and I drop to #22, I beat the #9 ranked perdue the next week and I DROP OUT OF THE RANKINGS.

And I have many other examples of weird rankings, fix this please...other than that I am enjoying the game
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #185
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs

I'm seeing something related, but slightly different playing as Clemson. There aren't any good recruits coming out of South Carolina. The best I've seen are a few 2* and the rest are all 1*. I don't know a whole lot about high school football in the south, but I would expect there to be at least 1 5* prospect in the Palmetto state over a two year period. Suffice to say, this has made in-state recruiting completely useless.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #186
Icy
Pro Starter

Here it is as promissed. Real database updated to 1.4 to be fully compatible with the final game. In 48 hours when i get back to home from the holidays will release a new version if anything needs to be changed so please let me know if there is any problem with the db or any error. This is also a temp url until Tuesday when i will upload it to my own website.

Download pstats1.4.zip
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #187
Flasch186
Coordinator

i cannot get your real helmets to work or HA's logos. Why!!!??? its frickin easy. extract.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #188
Easy Mac

OK, how do I use the Open Office Program to edit the pstats file? Everytime I try to open it, I get an error saying the server cannot be reached.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:57 PM   #189
kcchief19
Pro Starter

INJURIES
I only have one demo season to judge from, but I don't see a lot of injury issues on other teams, only my team. I didn't fiddle with playing time much. My observation from limited sampling is that the biggest factor on injuries is playing time -- playing injured players make them more likely to get hurt or never heal. My starting QB missed most of the season because everytime he got back to probable and I put him into the game, he'd get hurt again almost immediately. My starting RB tore a toe ligament in the first game of the season and it never healed all season, probably because he continued to play every game.

FOURTH DOWN PLAY CALLING
Great to hear Arlie is planning to adjust this. I think the next time I see a team take a field goal inside the 10 on fourth down will be the first. They go for it virtually ever time. Conversely, I also saw my team kick a lot of 40+ and even 50+ field goals even though my setting for a max was of 38. Does that only take the yard line into consideration and not the distance? I guess it didn't matter; my kicker made them even though he sucks. Very odd.

GAMEPLANS
This was the most bizzare outcome of demo season. I played as Arkansas State, wanting to take one of the worst teams with the lowest prestige. After reviewing my lot in life, I decided to switch to a Run n Gun offense since I had a decent QB and receives along with a line that was better pass blocking than run blocking. On his first pass of the season, my starting QB was hurt and began his season-long injury journey. My backup QB came in and began an unusually oddyssey of his own. If I used the Normal or Pass offensive game plans, he would almost without fail throwing at least four picks -- include a high of seven. If I chose the Outside Run game plan, my Arkansas State team played like the second coming of USC. My backup QB finished the season with 22 TDs and 37 interceptions. I finished 6-6. The only reason I didn't win my confence and go to a bowl game is that late in the season I accidentally set my gameplan to Normal and my QB went out and through six interceptions and we lost 17-10. I won't get into how in the hell I lost two games by a TD when my quarterback threw a comined 13 interceptions in those games.

What Bee said earlier pretty much sums up my brief experience -- the results are just too random. How could chaning my gameplan to Run N Gun focusing on Outside Run turn my sad sack 115th ranked Arkanas State team into conference contenders that finished the season with a decisive win on the road at Mississippi State? I finished the season ranked No. 48 in the computers, 70 and 71 in the polls and 106 in the GDCS. The entire indicator of success for my team was with the gameplan -- when I chose the Outside Run plan, I was unbeatable. Normal or Pass plans, and I was toast. It was night and day. With the Normal game plan my backup QB (40/46) would throw seven interceptions, with the Outside Run he would throw for 300 yards, 3 TDs and no picks.

STATISTICS
Only a few minor quibbles. The Heisman Trophy winner rushed for 2,286 yards on 395 carries -- 30 carries a game.The No. 1 rusher had 2,305 on 370 carries. Not records, but these should be rare, not probably the first thing you see out of the box. We did see records in the passing game. Two quarterbacks posted efficiency ratings of more than 184, above the I-A record. And there was my guy who led a 6-6 team while setting a NCAA record for interceptions. That said, a cursory look at the distribution of statistics looks very good. Just a few deviations outside the norm.

IMPRESSIONS
Right now, the fourth down bug is a showstopper for me. I'd be willing to give the demo another shot after that is fixed. Based on what Ben is reporting and some others have seen, I think the high number of injuries some of us have seen are due to playing injured players. You basically can't play players who are questionable or worse or they will get exacerbate the injury. you calso can't play guys at 100%.

The impact of game plan changes in my first season where a concern. It seems like there should be less volatility there. I have no doubt that if I had plan my Run n Gun - Outside Run game plan all season, my putrid Arkansas State team would have won at least 8 games, won a conference title and gone to a bowl game. I'm not sure that's what I want to see considering I had no idea what I was doing yet and my team was one of the worst teams in the game at the beginning of the season.

I'm just getting into the recruiting portion. I don't have an impression of that yet, other than it seems difficult to "shortlist" players who have an interest in your program by rank. Unless there's a function I'm missing, it seems like I'm always looking at a long list of names that is a bit unweildly to sort out.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #190
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
OK, how do I use the Open Office Program to edit the pstats file? Everytime I try to open it, I get an error saying the server cannot be reached.

I copied the pstats file to the desktop and then changed that file's extension to .mdb. Then open Open Office Base and choose the Connect to an existing database option. In the drop down, choose Microsoft Access. Click on Next, use the Browse button to navigate to the pstats file and click on Finish.

Last edited by HerRealName : 12-11-2005 at 04:53 PM.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #191
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
INJURIES
I only have one demo season to judge from, but I don't see a lot of injury issues on other teams, only my team. I didn't fiddle with playing time much. My observation from limited sampling is that the biggest factor on injuries is playing time -- playing injured players make them more likely to get hurt or never heal. My starting QB missed most of the season because everytime he got back to probable and I put him into the game, he'd get hurt again almost immediately. My starting RB tore a toe ligament in the first game of the season and it never healed all season, probably because he continued to play every game.

FOURTH DOWN PLAY CALLING
Great to hear Arlie is planning to adjust this. I think the next time I see a team take a field goal inside the 10 on fourth down will be the first. They go for it virtually ever time. Conversely, I also saw my team kick a lot of 40+ and even 50+ field goals even though my setting for a max was of 38. Does that only take the yard line into consideration and not the distance? I guess it didn't matter; my kicker made them even though he sucks. Very odd.

GAMEPLANS
This was the most bizzare outcome of demo season. I played as Arkansas State, wanting to take one of the worst teams with the lowest prestige. After reviewing my lot in life, I decided to switch to a Run n Gun offense since I had a decent QB and receives along with a line that was better pass blocking than run blocking. On his first pass of the season, my starting QB was hurt and began his season-long injury journey. My backup QB came in and began an unusually oddyssey of his own. If I used the Normal or Pass offensive game plans, he would almost without fail throwing at least four picks -- include a high of seven. If I chose the Outside Run game plan, my Arkansas State team played like the second coming of USC. My backup QB finished the season with 22 TDs and 37 interceptions. I finished 6-6. The only reason I didn't win my confence and go to a bowl game is that late in the season I accidentally set my gameplan to Normal and my QB went out and through six interceptions and we lost 17-10. I won't get into how in the hell I lost two games by a TD when my quarterback threw a comined 13 interceptions in those games.

What Bee said earlier pretty much sums up my brief experience -- the results are just too random. How could chaning my gameplan to Run N Gun focusing on Outside Run turn my sad sack 115th ranked Arkanas State team into conference contenders that finished the season with a decisive win on the road at Mississippi State? I finished the season ranked No. 48 in the computers, 70 and 71 in the polls and 106 in the GDCS. The entire indicator of success for my team was with the gameplan -- when I chose the Outside Run plan, I was unbeatable. Normal or Pass plans, and I was toast. It was night and day. With the Normal game plan my backup QB (40/46) would throw seven interceptions, with the Outside Run he would throw for 300 yards, 3 TDs and no picks.

STATISTICS
Only a few minor quibbles. The Heisman Trophy winner rushed for 2,286 yards on 395 carries -- 30 carries a game.The No. 1 rusher had 2,305 on 370 carries. Not records, but these should be rare, not probably the first thing you see out of the box. We did see records in the passing game. Two quarterbacks posted efficiency ratings of more than 184, above the I-A record. And there was my guy who led a 6-6 team while setting a NCAA record for interceptions. That said, a cursory look at the distribution of statistics looks very good. Just a few deviations outside the norm.

IMPRESSIONS
Right now, the fourth down bug is a showstopper for me. I'd be willing to give the demo another shot after that is fixed. Based on what Ben is reporting and some others have seen, I think the high number of injuries some of us have seen are due to playing injured players. You basically can't play players who are questionable or worse or they will get exacerbate the injury. you calso can't play guys at 100%.

The impact of game plan changes in my first season where a concern. It seems like there should be less volatility there. I have no doubt that if I had plan my Run n Gun - Outside Run game plan all season, my putrid Arkansas State team would have won at least 8 games, won a conference title and gone to a bowl game. I'm not sure that's what I want to see considering I had no idea what I was doing yet and my team was one of the worst teams in the game at the beginning of the season.

I'm just getting into the recruiting portion. I don't have an impression of that yet, other than it seems difficult to "shortlist" players who have an interest in your program by rank. Unless there's a function I'm missing, it seems like I'm always looking at a long list of names that is a bit unweildly to sort out.

Very nice. Lots of good information on the game as I haven't purchased yet. Ben had me convinced to get the game, but I decided to wait a bit to see some more thoughts on the release. Obviously, you're playing the demo, but some of the things you mention concern me.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #192
Easy Mac

To follow up on Ajax's point earlier, here are the recruits from South Carolina in the first season of my game as South Carolina... they suck bad:

Old 12-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #193
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Not that it has anything to do with the recruiting issue, but there are a ton of uncommon NFL names listed on that one page. It would be odd if there are a number of Ayanbadejos and Urlachers running around in the game.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #194
Ben E Lou

I get the impression that the states are ranked within each Region, and then made to somewhat even out across the country--meaning that each Region has one key state, one second-level state, and the rest get lower and lower. If this is the case, then it would be a bit unfair to states in the SE like South Carolina, which definitely ranks behind GA/FLA/LA, but ain't chopped liver irl by any means.

Quote:
To follow up on Ajax's point earlier, here are the recruits from South Carolina in the first season of my game as South Carolina... they suck bad:

Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 PM   #195
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Guys, I found a bug with the AI overriding certain field goal tries inside of 8 yards. This will be fixed in the first patch - as will the injury issue. I also found some issues that may lead to early volitility with the polls that should be fixed as well.

As to KC Chief's comments, I'd be very leary of basing your entire opinion on the gameplan process in the game on a few games in your first season. The differences between outside run and normal are some, but not nearly to the level that would account for that kind of swing. I will certainly look at it, but I feel there are more factors at play here (matchups, suspensions, injuries).
Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 PM   #196
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
Not that it has anything to do with the recruiting issue, but there are a ton of uncommon NFL names listed on that one page. It would be odd if there are a number of Ayanbadejos and Urlachers running around in the game.
If Easy used Icy's 1.3 pstats.dat file, then the odds of "Smith" and "Ayanbadejo" appearing are exactly the same, because he did not include a frequency column in the FirstNames and LastNames data tables. I think Icy fixed this in his latest version, but to update an existing career requires the updating of the "FirstNames" and "LastNames" data tables in the savegame folder as well as updating to Icy's 1.4. Using the 1.4 (or the other one that someone else updated with the frequencies) will only impact any *new* careers.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #197
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
yep, this was a result of adding in more poor recruits in the 11th hour based on some feedback from the beta team. It ended up that the lower alphabet states got an unproportional number of poor recruits as a result of this. In retrospect, I probably should have just left this alone. At any rate, it will be fixed in the first update.

Last edited by Arles : 12-11-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #198
Ben E Lou

Quote:
yep, this was a result of adding in more poor recruits in the 11th hour based on some feedback from the beta team. It ended up that the lower alphabet states got an unproportional number of poor recruits as a result of this. In retrospect, I probably should have just left this alone. At any rate, it will be fixed in the first update.
So, what do you mean by "fixed," there? That the poor recruits will be gone away, or that (hopefully), they'll be distributed better. Those suckers are really needed if you're going to have any fun with a very low prestige team.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #199
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Quote:

Wasn't my feedback.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #200
Easy Mac

Quote:
If Easy used Icy's 1.3 pstats.dat file, then the odds of "Smith" and "Ayanbadejo" appearing are exactly the same, because he did not include a frequency column in the FirstNames and LastNames data tables. I think Icy fixed this in his latest version, but to update an existing career requires the updating of the "FirstNames" and "LastNames" data tables in the savegame folder as well as updating to Icy's 1.4. Using the 1.4 (or the other one that someone else updated with the frequencies) will only impact any *new* careers.
I used whatever the last one posted in this thread is. I actually spent about 2 hours creating my own file, only to delete the wrong file and just giving up and downloading the ICY file. This is the first time I've actually gotten to play the game. I definitely think it has promise, but it will take me a little while to get used to the interface and the longer than expected sim times.

I'm just preparing myself to make a 1-aa mod for the game.

Arles, can we add conferences to the game, or are we stuck at 12? And what were the schedules you had created? I think you said 7,8,9,10,11,12 team conferences. The 1-aa conferences have between 5 and 12 teams each. There are 15 conferences (plus 1 ind.) and 120 teams (incl. 1 ind.), so if I exclude the indy team, thats 119 teams (I think that matches with the total in the database). So if I could just add a few conferences it would work out great. It also looked like you could make some conferences not automatically go to a playoff... can that number be set to any number of conferences? So if 8 conferences had auto bids, would it make 8 teams at large?