Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #201
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
when all I wanna do is drop a $20 on the counter for gas

I haven't paid cash for gas in 5 years. Only time I bother walking into a gas station now is if I'm on a longer trip and want to take a piss and get a soda.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #202
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I haven't paid cash for gas in 5 years. Only time I bother walking into a gas station now is if I'm on a longer trip and want to take a piss and get a soda.

I'm the same way. I don't even carry cash on me anymore.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #203
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I have one...

I have two dogs and I usually buy a 40 lbs thing of dog food. Trying to get all the pieces of food out of the bag into a container is such a pain in the ass. It never fails - I drop 1/3 of the bag on the floor and it just pisses me off!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #204
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
People who don't know how to go around a corner in a crowded place. I have included a diagram. Notice I am sticking as far right as I can, hugging the wall, yet idiots always feel the need to fly around the same corner but on the left.

i always just refuse to move for those people, or stick out an elbow so they crash into it.

fuck them.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #205
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

People who are walking in groups and hog the entire sidewalk.

No lady, it's not okay for you and your walking-buddy to walk two-abreast while I'm trying to go in the other direction just because you're talking. No I won't fucking step into the grass to go around you. Why don't you fucking slide into a line for 10 fucking feet.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #206
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i always just refuse to move for those people, or stick out an elbow so they crash into it.

fuck them.

I do as well, and I am a pretty big guy, but then they give you this look like you're the asshole.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do as well, and I am a pretty big guy, but then they give you this look like you're the asshole.

I'm bigger than you (as you know). And I glare right back at them, and occasionally I'll raise an eyebrow like "Yeah?" It's amusing. I laugh at it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-25-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #208
saldana
Pro Starter

apologies if this is somewhere else in the thread, but i just experienced it and wanted to choke the salesgirl..this happens in alot of stores so it is not necessarily about this particular place

went into a retail store and looked around for a few minutes and was unable to find what i was looking for...finally found the girl and said, excuse me, i cannot seem to find any food dehydrators....the girl replies "oh, we dont have any of those in stock, but i can order one for you from our website"

my answer = "if i wanted to order one from your website, i wouldnt have bothered to come into your store. thanks, i will go somewhere else."
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #209
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i dunno saldana - think they're just trying to be helpful. i mean they can't exactly say "sorry we don't have any. why don't you try store X or order it online" without getting their asses fired.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #210
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Watching tv shows or movies and they advertise another show or movie in the lower part of the screen. You're telling me you can't wait until the commercial break to tell me about a show I could care less about? Everyone doesn't jump through commercials. (ok, most of us do, but work with me here)

And speaking of commercials, I can't stand the way they change the volume. Have it set to a nice level...get distracted by something...then BLAM!!! My eardrums are assaulted by a commercial about some tax lawyer.

What's worse is when they use the lower part of the screen to advertise the show you're already watching. Saw that last week. And it wasn't a "You're watching..." kind of thing, it was an ad.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #211
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
People who don't know how to go around a corner in a crowded place. I have included a diagram. Notice I am sticking as far right as I can, hugging the wall, yet idiots always feel the need to fly around the same corner but on the left.

Even though hanging to the right is usually more appropriate, I always stick to the outside when going around the corner, or at least the middle, so I can dodge either way if needed.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #212
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Even though hanging to the right is usually more appropriate, I always stick to the outside when going around the corner, or at least the middle, so I can dodge either way if needed.

fuck dodging. put an elbow into some dude's sternum...cave man style!!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #213
boberot
High School Varsity

People who constantly use "retard" or "retarded." I know it's a reflex, and people don't mean anything by it.

But, as somebody who works at an agency serving people with developmental/cognitive disabilities, I know how often they come across it out in public or through various non-mainstream media interactions -- and I know how much of a slap in the face it is to them.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #214
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
People who constantly use "retard" or "retarded." I know it's a reflex, and people don't mean anything by it.

But, as somebody who works at an agency serving people with developmental/cognitive disabilities, I know how often they come across it out in public or through various non-mainstream media interactions -- and I know how much of a slap in the face it is to them.

This times 1 million. I used to be super-guilty of this. I've had my perspective changed.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #215
boberot
High School Varsity

So my 11-year-old daughter is very much in a save-the-whales / save-the-apes / save-the-etc mindset. Very admirable.

She took the initiative to do a cute little fundraiser to raise $20 or $30 to donate to this cause, so I went to the WWF website [no, not the wrestling one] and made a donation using my credit card.

Since then, probably three times a week [minimum] I get giant, thick mailings from WWF asking me to support whatever the current initiative is. I've probably got 150 in the past year or so. I cringe at the money they're basically wasting, and think about what a poor fundraising policy it is to blast with expensive mailings every person who makes one modest donation.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #216
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
So my 11-year-old daughter is very much in a save-the-whales / save-the-apes / save-the-etc mindset. Very admirable.

She took the initiative to do a cute little fundraiser to raise $20 or $30 to donate to this cause, so I went to the WWF website [no, not the wrestling one] and made a donation using my credit card.

Since then, probably three times a week [minimum] I get giant, thick mailings from WWF asking me to support whatever the current initiative is. I've probably got 150 in the past year or so. I cringe at the money they're basically wasting, and think about what a poor fundraising policy it is to blast with expensive mailings every person who makes one modest donation.

have you tried calling/emailing whatever to tell them to take you off the lists?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #217
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
fuck dodging. put an elbow into some dude's sternum...cave man style!!

Usually when I turn the corner in my office, I'm carrying a pretty full mug of coffee, so I'm not really in a position to do that.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #218
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quiznos...for making Subway employees think that you want your sandwich toasted. Yesteday, went to subway and ordered two sandwiches, one for lunch, one for dinner. The first sandwich was the tuscan chicken melt and I clearly said, only warm up the chicken, I do not want the bread toasted. No problem. The second sandwich, a spicy italian, again, I do not want it toasted.

I guess the dude was a little frazzled because he was the only one there and there was a small, but, manageable line begining to form. So, he sees the people coming in and he decides to turn into a NASCAR pit crewman and try and make my sandwiches as fast as he can. I knew that was red flag...

So, he cuts up the bread for both sandwiches, then proceeds to put the chicken on one of the rolls. I tell him again, "I only want the chicken warmed up". So he grabs the roll, with the chicken and starts to put it on the little pizza spatula they use to toast sandwiches. I tell him to stop, "I only want the chicken warmed up." He takes the sandwich off the pizza spatula thing and comes back over to the counter. Then he starts to make the spicy italian, gets all the meat on there and the cheese. THEN, he takes both sandwiches and puts them on the pizza spatula thing. Now I'm waving my arms for him to stop and tell him to stop. I say again, "I only want the chicken warmed up". I add, "Do not toast ANY of the bread".

He takes the sandwiches back off the pizza spatula thing and brings them to the counter where I tell him again to only warm up the chicken. He looks at me. Finally, I say, "Slow down and take your time. Take the chicken off of the bread and put it on something and put it in the microwave to warm up the chicken". He goes, "So you don't want anything toasted?" Aye yi yi. I told him I don't want anything toasted and to just slow down and not rush the order, that's how things get messed up.

FINALLY, he puts JUST the chicken in a french fry looking carton and puts it in the microwave!!! YAY! But, now because he's so flustered and there are still people waiting, he's now throwing everything on my spicy italian, making a big mess. I let that go.

He finally gets my sandwiches wrapped up and he's apologizing to me and he keep saying it's no big deal, just slow down and it's a good thing you weren't defusing a bomb.

I will give him this and this is why I wasn't mad at the dude, english is not his first language, so there could have been something lost in translation, BUT, I've always been very clear when saying that I do not want my sandwiches toasted when they ask if I want my sandwiches toasted. He just got in too big of a hurry and because Quiznos thinks it's just the absolute shit because they toast their sandwiches and Subway has to compete, the dude got tunnel vision.

So fuck you Quiznos and your toasted sandwiches, you turned a simple sandwich making job into a high pressure situation. My new pet peeve is toasted sandwiches and Quiznos...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #219
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no!!

quiznos is fucking delicious!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #220
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
no!!

quiznos is fucking delicious!!!

Haha! I've always just been 'meh' about Quiznos to begin with. However, I do like the potato chips they have and their italian dressing.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #221
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

quiznos is about a billion times better than subway.

neither are like...better than say your local top-class deli, but for fast-food sandwiches quiznos is FAR AND AWAY better than subway
Old 01-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #222
JS19
College Prospect

People who leave the windshield wipers on when the rain has stopped and they aren't needed anymore, or when they have them on a higher setting that is necessary.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #223
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So Babies r us calls to tell me the crib and dresser are in that out Moms got us. The store is about 30-45 minutes away. I ask if they offer delivery, they inform me they do and it would be $85 to deliver to my area code, no problem, I say lets do it. The lady then informs me I have to come to the store to do the paperwork, etc...for the delivery. Umm, if I wanted to come to the store I wouldn't bother with having them delivered, fucking stupid.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #224
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
So Babies r us calls to tell me the crib and dresser are in that out Moms got us. The store is about 30-45 minutes away. I ask if they offer delivery, they inform me they do and it would be $85 to deliver to my area code, no problem, I say lets do it. The lady then informs me I have to come to the store to do the paperwork, etc...for the delivery. Umm, if I wanted to come to the store I wouldn't bother with having them delivered, fucking stupid.

Put that crib together right away. Our crib was delivered about a week after we ordered it, but the platform that the mattress goes on isn't level -- it's 3/4 of an inch higher in one corner. We called them for a replacement part, but that will take 2-3 weeks.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #225
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
quiznos is about a billion times better than subway.

neither are like...better than say your local top-class deli, but for fast-food sandwiches quiznos is FAR AND AWAY better than subway

Just something about Quiznos sandwiches seems to be missing. Haven't figured it out yet and since yesterday, I'm in no rush.

Yes, a local deli, far out shines either of the two for sure. Wish there was a one close by where I'm at. I've had better sandwiches from a deli that's in a liquor store than either Subway or Quiznos.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #226
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've got the most amazing local deli - they use real baguettes for their sandwiches and all the meats/cheeses are imported from italy...it's like fucking heaven on a roll.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #227
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Put that crib together right away. Our crib was delivered about a week after we ordered it, but the platform that the mattress goes on isn't level -- it's 3/4 of an inch higher in one corner. We called them for a replacement part, but that will take 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #228
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Just something about Quiznos sandwiches seems to be missing. Haven't figured it out yet and since yesterday, I'm in no rush.

Yes, a local deli, far out shines either of the two for sure. Wish there was a one close by where I'm at. I've had better sandwiches from a deli that's in a liquor store than either Subway or Quiznos.

You have a Potbelly near you?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #229
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
i dunno saldana - think they're just trying to be helpful. i mean they can't exactly say "sorry we don't have any. why don't you try store X or order it online" without getting their asses fired.

Sure they can. Every retail store I've worked at, I've done this and so have other people.

Why? Because if you're honest and helpful about other places they can try, they'll be more likely to give you another shot, even if the other place(s) has what they're looking for this go-round.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #230
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Sure they can. Every retail store I've worked at, I've done this and so have other people.

Why? Because if you're honest and helpful about other places they can try, they'll be more likely to give you another shot, even if the other place(s) has what they're looking for this go-round.

but maybe they've been told by their bosses "if you do that i'll fire your ass."

i dunno...having worked in retail for so long (idk how long you spent in retail) maybe i'm just more inclined to give retail workers a break.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #231
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
i've got the most amazing local deli - they use real baguettes for their sandwiches and all the meats/cheeses are imported from italy...it's like fucking heaven on a roll.

Now that sounds tasty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia

You have a Potbelly near you?

Never heard of them. They make a good sandwich?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #232
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
but maybe they've been told by their bosses "if you do that i'll fire your ass."

i dunno...having worked in retail for so long (idk how long you spent in retail) maybe i'm just more inclined to give retail workers a break.

I can't remember having been told that by any of my bosses. It'd be stupid if they did. Like I said, it's actually one of those small things that helps build customer loyalty.

I worked Best Buy a year, Target a seasonal, and Victoria's Secret 4 years.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #233
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Victoria's Secret 4 years.

Every time you mention that, here's what my brain does:

1. Takes the image of you lounging with Star Wars poster
2. Peppers in a healthy does of mall-stalker-day-dreams-of-BathAndBodyWorks-girl vibe
3. Places all that in a Victoria Secret

Then I shudder uncontrollably.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #234
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can't remember having been told that by any of my bosses. It'd be stupid if they did. Like I said, it's actually one of those small things that helps build customer loyalty.

I worked Best Buy a year, Target a seasonal, and Victoria's Secret 4 years.

well i dunno...maybe the girl is too clueless or something then. *shrugs*
Old 01-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #235
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Now that sounds tasty!!

Never heard of them. They make a good sandwich?

Yes. Looks like the closest one to you is in Texas. So never mind!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #236
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes. Looks like the closest one to you is in Texas. So never mind!

I can take a long lunch...

Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #237
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Every time you mention that, here's what my brain does:

1. Takes the image of you lounging with Star Wars poster
2. Peppers in a healthy does of mall-stalker-day-dreams-of-BathAndBodyWorks-girl vibe
3. Places all that in a Victoria Secret

Then I shudder uncontrollably.

I'd completely forgotten about #2 until you mentioned it. From now on, just consider all threads started by me about some girl to be a side effect of me being off medication and bored with my present life situation.

...Unless I start a dating thread in the Dynasty Forum. I've been having some amusing moments with OkCupid lately.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #238
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I don't like Quiznos just for the simple fact that what they do, I don't consider it 'toasted'. It comes out the equivalent warmth of sitting out in the sun on a 90 degree day for 20 minutes. Maybe there is some secret handshake or phrase that I need to give them to actually get the bread toasted.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #239
rjolley
College Starter

Quizno's subs come out with just the right amount of toastiness. One thing I've noticed here is they've changed their meat. The chicken for the carbonara and the beef for the cheesesteak have been changed to the generic chicken and beef used for other sandwiches. So, the end product isn't as good.

One chain sandwich shop that I've come to like is Firehouse Subs. Haven't had a bad sandwich there yet.

Last edited by rjolley : 01-25-2010 at 03:30 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #240
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I get my sandwiches from Staples. Yes, the office supply store. You have to ask for them at the register. They're nice and warm, too.

I dare somebody to try this.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #241
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I don't like Quiznos just for the simple fact that what they do, I don't consider it 'toasted'. It comes out the equivalent warmth of sitting out in the sun on a 90 degree day for 20 minutes. Maybe there is some secret handshake or phrase that I need to give them to actually get the bread toasted.

really? my bread is always toasted, sometimes charred edges. just ask them to turn the damn oven speed down/temperature up...i think they often just speed it up to get the sandwiches done quicker
Old 01-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #242
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quiznos is on my shit list because the last time I've gone there (and I've only been there a handful of times), they tried to screw me over. I wanted to get one of those 2 for $6 deals (includes a drink), and I was tired, just wanted to grab food, go home, eat, sleep.

Anyway, I get to the front and it comes to something that seemed like a little too much money, like they punched it in wrong, but I figure ah whatever, it's like 50 cents more, I'll let it slide. I walk to the drink machine and notice I don't have a cup. So I go back and say I forgot my cup, and they want to charge me for the drink too. So I say I got the 2 for $6, and the cashier says well, it's already punched in wrong so you'll have to pay for the drink. I said they already over-charged me on the 2 for $6, now they want to charge me for the drink, and I'm not paying, I should actually be given money back and the drink. So the cashier gets some other person there, and she gives me the drink and says 'well, the order is already punched in and it's only a 50 cent difference, so...'

So I got my drink and won't be going back to Quiznos. I've lived without them up until last year, so I can go on living without them. I've never had that kind of problem at a fast food place before.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #243
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Quiznos is on my shit list because the last time I've gone there (and I've only been there a handful of times), they tried to screw me over. I wanted to get one of those 2 for $6 deals (includes a drink), and I was tired, just wanted to grab food, go home, eat, sleep.

Anyway, I get to the front and it comes to something that seemed like a little too much money, like they punched it in wrong, but I figure ah whatever, it's like 50 cents more, I'll let it slide. I walk to the drink machine and notice I don't have a cup. So I go back and say I forgot my cup, and they want to charge me for the drink too. So I say I got the 2 for $6, and the cashier says well, it's already punched in wrong so you'll have to pay for the drink. I said they already over-charged me on the 2 for $6, now they want to charge me for the drink, and I'm not paying, I should actually be given money back and the drink. So the cashier gets some other person there, and she gives me the drink and says 'well, the order is already punched in and it's only a 50 cent difference, so...'

So I got my drink and won't be going back to Quiznos. I've lived without them up until last year, so I can go on living without them. I've never had that kind of problem at a fast food place before.
I miss the old days when we could just make an Canadian exchange rate joke and move on.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #244
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I miss the old days when we could just make an Canadian exchange rate joke and move on.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #245
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WaWa makes the best subs, nothing else comes close.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #246
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Our local Quiznos has been shut down twice for health violations. Woot.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #247
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post

i'll fuckin pass on that, k thnx
Old 01-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #248
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
That wouldn't have happened if they had just toasted the bread longer!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #249
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Okay, this one REALLY, and I mean REALLY ticks me off.

Parents that take up a seat to a crafts for kids event. I can understand if these parents wanna help their kids with the project, but please, get your lazy ass off the kiddie chair and give the children that are standing around a chance to work on their craft for fuck's sake.

I went to one of these events this past weekend and 4 parents were taking up a kiddie chair and I had to grab one from another table. One of the parents said, "Oh, would you like him to sit here?" LOLOL, omg, seriously? The lady only saw us standing there for about a minute before I had to grab another chair. Not only that, there were kids that were standing around waiting for one of these parents to get up! Tsk tsk tsk.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 03-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #250
stevew
Hall Of Famer

People who refuse to take the extra time or consideration to charge up a device with a battery in it. No excuse for "I can't talk right now, my cell phone is dead"
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote