Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #201
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Here's a video of a recent wedding at the winery. We sometimes forget how blessed we are to be a part of what is often the biggest moment of a person's life since we do it at least once a weekend all summer long. Really does a great job of focusing on the event while showing off the winery.

Kelsey + Logan | A Wedding Short Film from Wirken Films on Vimeo.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #202
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Awesome...I need to to get to MO to see family and pay a visit...the place looks amazing.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #203
BYU 14
Coordinator

Been cool following this, you have brought this a long way in a really short time.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #204
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

We've got a huge announcement in a few weeks. It's going to create huge exposure for the winery. Can't wait to talk about it, but have to keep it under wraps for now.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #205
Ragone
Pro Rookie

i'm still meaning to get out there to visit you sometime.. you are literally 5 minutes down the road from me.. wife is due at the end of next month.. so i'm thinking sometime in the spring honestly..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #206
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Here's a video of a recent wedding at the winery. We sometimes forget how blessed we are to be a part of what is often the biggest moment of a person's life since we do it at least once a weekend all summer long. Really does a great job of focusing on the event while showing off the winery.

Kelsey + Logan | A Wedding Short Film from Wirken Films on Vimeo.

The Hot Girl and the Hipster
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #207
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just had a big announcement on our Facebook page. Let all our fans know that these guys have been at our winery for the past ten days. Really exciting to have Ghost Hunters film at our location.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #208
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

tres cool
Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #209
BYU 14
Coordinator

Very cool, will you be making an appearance?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #210
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Very cool, will you be making an appearance?

I am the main contact. You'll get a heavy dose of me on the show at the start of the episode and then I am the person for the reveal at the end of the show.

FWIW......it was a fantastic experience. I'm limited in what I can say about anything on the episode or the reveal, but the TAPS crew and the production crew couldn't have been any nicer. Very down to earth people and all very friendly.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #211
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Some pics of the Ghost Hunters crew at the winery with the guy that runs our paranormal investigations.

Steve Gonsalves....

Jason Hawes....

Tango, Britt, and Michelle in front of the Command Center just before first night of investigation....

Also, we are in preliminary talks to host a seminar that will be run by some of the Ghost Hunters investigators. Hoping for later this year.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #212
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You know when it airs? (Just read the facebook info stating that no, you have no idea when it airs.)

And of course, once it DOES air, we henceforth demand all the fun details (I'm assuming you're free to speak about it after that) be posted here.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #213
Kodos
Resident Alien

We should have a FOFC ghost hunters event.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #214
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
You know when it airs? (Just read the facebook info stating that no, you have no idea when it airs.)

And of course, once it DOES air, we henceforth demand all the fun details (I'm assuming you're free to speak about it after that) be posted here.

I don't have any idea specifically. There are two more runs of shows for Season 9, which we are currently supposed to be a part of that season. They can adjust the episode forward or backward in the season depending on how good it is once it's fully edited. I'm really hoping to get a date in the next 2-3 weeks.

Once it airs, you can ask away. I'll be able to answer most questions at that point. I actually looked back at the Ghost Hunters thread on this forum just to see what questions were asked. I have a much different perspective of the show (mostly very positive) after experiencing the show and the crew first-hand. I can't currently talk about much of it since it's related to the investigation, but can do so after the show is aired.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #215
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
We should have a FOFC ghost hunters event.

We're tossing around the idea of having a viewing party here at the winery. We're a bit concerned that several hundred people may show up, so we're considering projecting the show on the building and having an outdoor viewing party. I'll be very busy that day with media requests and a possible viewing party, but feel free to toss up questions as the show goes along and I'll come through and answer them the next day.

I'll answer the first questions now. No, I'm not bald. I just shave it because otherwise I look like I'm about to go bald.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #216
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Actually, I'm more concerned that I can't get a couple bottles of reds delivered to Illinois.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #217
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Actually, I'm more concerned that I can't get a couple bottles of reds delivered to Illinois.

I KNOW. Working on that.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #218
Kodos
Resident Alien

Actually, I was talking about a FOFC meeting that featured an onsite ghost hunting spree. I have a father-in-law who lives in Kansas, and we visit them from time to time. Although probably not this year.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #219
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
We're tossing around the idea of having a viewing party here at the winery. We're a bit concerned that several hundred people may show up, so we're considering projecting the show on the building and having an outdoor viewing party. I'll be very busy that day with media requests and a possible viewing party, but feel free to toss up questions as the show goes along and I'll come through and answer them the next day.
You know I'll be there. And if you need someone to herd the media, put together a press release & media kit so you can handle more important things, you know where to find me.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #220
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
You know I'll be there. And if you need someone to herd the media, put together a press release & media kit so you can handle more important things, you know where to find me.

Duly noted.

Hoping to hear a date relatively soon. Talked with the producers today and they're hoping to pin down a date for me.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #221
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Actually, I was talking about a FOFC meeting that featured an onsite ghost hunting spree. I have a father-in-law who lives in Kansas, and we visit them from time to time. Although probably not this year.

I'm happy to schedule a private event if enough were interested. Wouldn't even charge you all.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #222
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ya know, that would be a rather unusual & amusing anniversary gift for my wife...hmmmmmmmm.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #223
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Ya know, that would be a rather unusual & amusing anniversary gift for my wife...hmmmmmmmm.

That is creative.

Hmmm . . . . MMBF, do any of your ghosts specialize in child care? That could be the real money maker. Mom and Dad spend a romantic anniversary evening sipping wine and touring the grounds, comfortable with the knowledge that the young ones are having the time of their lives with smores and storytime presented by the ghosts of two nannies decapitated on the premises in 1893 (references available upon request).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #224
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That is creative.

Hmmm . . . . MMBF, do any of your ghosts specialize in child care? That could be the real money maker. Mom and Dad spend a romantic anniversary evening sipping wine and touring the grounds, comfortable with the knowledge that the young ones are having the time of their lives with smores and storytime presented by the ghosts of two nannies decapitated on the premises in 1893 (references available upon request).

Sounds like a good story line, though it could be hard to license and insure said ghostly nannies.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #225
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Sounds like a good story line, though it could be hard to license and insure said ghostly nannies.

Cue the moveon.org ad: "Before the Affordable Care Act, large corporations were allowed to hire the undead without having to provide any health benefits . . . " [CUE OMINOUS MUSIC AND VIDEO OF NANNIES LOOKING SAD].
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #226
MrBug708
Head Coach

Any chance to be able to get any wine in Socal?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #227
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Cue the moveon.org ad: "Before the Affordable Care Act, large corporations were allowed to hire the undead without having to provide any health benefits . . . " [CUE OMINOUS MUSIC AND VIDEO OF NANNIES LOOKING SAD].

Old 03-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #228
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting evidence that was recorded at the last public paranormal investigation on March 8th, 2013. Audio recorder was placed in one of the buildings and left alone. The noises during the video are the sounds of water dripping (there was a rain shower that night). No one was in the area of the recorder during this clip. You'll want to listen closely at the 0:09 mark.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-11-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #230
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Any update on the airing date?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #231
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Any update on the airing date?

SI

Last I heard was April, but no firm date. It's going to come quickly.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #232
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Please give a big(separate thread) heads up before the episode airs so I can set my DVR up.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #233
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Please give a big(separate thread) heads up before the episode airs so I can set my DVR up.

Probably will do some sort of a watch thread. I likely won't be around to post during the show, but will come around later in the night and answer questions.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #234
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I spoke with someone who knows some people in the state wine marketing division. I was told that I'm considered the social/viral marketing king of wineries. I was pretty happy with that given that I've put a focus on that over the last two years. Plus, I know that kcchief will be proud of me for nailing down that title.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #235
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

We just received word that our Google Places Tour has been uploaded. You can virtually walk through the winery building to see what it looks like.

Google Maps
Old 04-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #236
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
I spoke with someone who knows some people in the state wine marketing division. I was told that I'm considered the social/viral marketing king of wineries. I was pretty happy with that given that I've put a focus on that over the last two years. Plus, I know that kcchief will be proud of me for nailing down that title.
Nice! You definitely put what I've seen from other local wineries to shame.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #237
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Fun thing I do with my girls each year on Memorial Day. We have a graveyard on the site with around 600 graves. Each year, we've made it a tradition to go out and buy several flower bouquets and then I let my girls go and pick out which graves they'd like to leave flowers. Always funny to see why they select each one they do select.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0524521&type=3
Old 05-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #238
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just don't remove the headstones and build a house over the still-buried bodies. I hear that's bad.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #239
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Just don't remove the headstones and build a house over the still-buried bodies. I hear that's bad.

Roughly 40% of the graves in the cemetery have been moved to their current location. The original cemetery was located on a different part of the property. They wanted to build a new building on the cemetery location, so they relocated the existing graves to their current location. An additional 350 graves have been added since the move in the 1950s.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #240
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And if there's an ancient Micmac Indian burial ground there...best leave it be.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #241
molson
General Manager

Are there companies that specialize in dead body re-location? Or can any contractor just dig deep enough and throw the coffins in some other deep hole?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #242
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Are there companies that specialize in dead body re-location? Or can any contractor just dig deep enough and throw the coffins in some other deep hole?

A Grave Interest: Remains of the Day – Relocating a Body
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #243
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

A brief request for assistance. We're hoping to get a KC area cash mob to hit the winery. If you have a Facebook login, I'd appreciate it if you could vote for Belvoir Winery at the following link. Thanks so much.

https://www.facebook.com/questions/549827545064106/
Old 07-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #244
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

We spent this week adding a new patio on the front part of the building. We cut about three feet into the dirt, exposing the original foundation that hadn't been seen in over 100 years. We'll be adding seating and more flowers next week to finish it off.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #245
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More publicity for our winery this week. We're on the front cover of Midwest Traveler Magazine, the official publication of AAA. Goes out to about 500,000 homes, so it will help spur some regional interest.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #246
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Really neat setup for tonight's event. 200 people with a 25 piece jazz band. Patio lights strung across with stage lights. Dance floor with an open bar. Should be a fun Wednesday night.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #247
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Mrs. Bucc just told me that next time she is in Kansas City she wants to visit Jewell since that's where she went to college for a year (she is a KC native). I then told her that I know someone who bought property near there and remodeled it into a wedding/haunting house place. She thought that was cool since she loved the area, the small town feel.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #248
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
More publicity for our winery this week. We're on the front cover of Midwest Traveler Magazine, the official publication of AAA. Goes out to about 500,000 homes, so it will help spur some regional interest.

And here I thought the California one was the official magazine
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #249
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Mrs. Bucc just told me that next time she is in Kansas City she wants to visit Jewell since that's where she went to college for a year (she is a KC native). I then told her that I know someone who bought property near there and remodeled it into a wedding/haunting house place. She thought that was cool since she loved the area, the small town feel.

If she went to Jewell, she knows exactly where the winery is. Everyone has seen it before if they've been in Liberty for any length of time.

Drop me a line when you're in town. Would be happy to meet with you all and take you around the place.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #250
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Rant time

Dear music licensing companies. When a venue goes out of its way to ensure that they are properly paying royalties/licensing, don't harass them. It really pisses the owners off.

***takes deep breath to reduce heart rate***