Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #1
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFCer Go Fund Me

Hey guys, Apathetic Lurker has had some serious health problems the last couple years. He hasn't been around here since July of last year, because of them. I think he's been in the hospital more than not since then.

His GoFundMe Page

Quote:
Howdy All...I am Bart and I have a problem. I'm raising money to pay off my vacuum pump which my insarance only covers partially. My cost is $64.50 a day and I've already have had it installed two months and need to have it in for at least one more. Normally I would grin and bear it but I have only worked for two weeks since January 2015.My stress test came back with some abnormalities.At that point I had my first Chronic Total Occlusion Procedure in March to puncture through a fully blocked artery. That did not work. Neither did the second one a few months later.

Following those two procedures, during my recuperation I found out I had a fatty liver. This was taken care of with diet.Then I found out I had a bum gall bladder and needed surgery to remove it. Once that was removed in in October I returned to work in November. Two weeks later I was back in the emergency room with severe abdominal pain. Nothing was found and they told me pain is normal after gall bladder surgery. So I waited for the pain to subside. I did not do so so I went in for yet another CT Scan. This time something was found and I had surgery scheduled to see what exactly was floating around by the area where the gall bladder was.

So this surgery, instead of lasting 45 minutes lasted four hours. When I woke up I was informed I had three infected ribs removed and a fibrous football sized tumor which attached itself to my ribs. Inside the tumor they found a baseball sized abcess. Because I am a diabetic, my wound heals slower than normal and it has been severely infected twice already. That was the reason for the vacuum pump. Like I mentioned, it is horribly expensive and I have already maxed out my credit cards and burned through my savings on last years medical issues and diabetic medication that this is an expense this is unwanted but life saving and hopefully get me back to work at some point sooner than later.

I would really appreciate any help I could get getting my costs down on this vacuum pump.

Sincerely,
Bart

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

Sticking this at the top.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
PilotMan
Head Coach

Thanks for posting this at the top. He's just over 10% of the way to his goal of 15k.

Like Steam?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just an FYI...few more complications for him, I know there are more bills coming in, this last round was internal bleeding etc...
Old 07-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Hey guys, Still kicking the tires on this cosmic trip we call life no matter how many times i've been tripped since last January.And its been many....Thanks for putting my Gofundme here. Really appreciated.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #6
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, the shamelessness of this bot would make even Bender blush
Old 09-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, I know I have rubbed people the wrong way over the years, and I am sorry. I have a big mouth, but a bigger heart. I am in dire straights. I have another 2 months. I dont even have a car and live 30 miles from anywhere. I will just post here just what my situation is (copied ffrom sending to another friend):

I make 650 a month on disability. My rent is 800, not incuding utilities and food. If I had a beat up car $600-700 to get me to town to work 2 or 3 times a week, which would pay my basics even with gas it would be a boon. I am out of luck because this person who helped more is now all about another person shes been with a short time and Im on my own as of 2 or 3 months. I dont know what to do and with my mental illness, it is making things so much worse. I see a person maybe once a week. It is lonely torture. My half of the financial part of the marriage might take up to two months to get to me. In the meantime, I really dont want to go homeless.

Thanks to all of you for always being my friends. If anyone could do the gofundme thing, I would appreciate it so much. I don't want a good car, just junk to get to work, leave the house and enjoy life for the last bit I have here in California. This is making me ashamed, but I am alone and dont know who to ask for. Love you guys!

Last edited by Schmidty : 09-04-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
Schmidty
Coordinator

I honestly dont know how this works.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #9
Flasch186
Coordinator

I don't understand what is happening here. You're asking for a beater car?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:52 AM   #10
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I can't offer even the slightest insight to how the gofundme stuff works, but I do want to say that I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time and finding no support, Schmidty. Big hug from me.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #11
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I don't understand what is happening here. You're asking for a beater car?

Yes, basically, just untill I get my settlement money and can buy a better one and live in an actual house. In the meantime, I could work. I am sick of being idle.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #12
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I can't offer even the slightest insight to how the gofundme stuff works, but I do want to say that I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time and finding no support, Schmidty. Big hug from me.

Thanks for caring. It will be ok, I am just trying to figure a way to get by for 2 months or so.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #13
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Yes, basically, just untill I get my settlement money and can buy a better one and live in an actual house. In the meantime, I could work. I am sick of being idle.

Where do you live?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:09 PM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Where do you live?

Up in the mountains near Redding, CA.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #15
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Schmidty, if you can figure out how to set up a gofundme acct, Ant and I will be glad to help. We don't have much, but we can help, if even a little.

Hugs, Schmidty <3
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:35 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Me too, let us know!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #17
JPhillips
General Manager

Have you checked with any county level charities? When my mother needed help in rural Ohio there was a charity there to help with accessibility issues. Is there a mental health or disabled adults charity that could help?
Old 09-06-2019, 03:20 AM   #18
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Have you checked with any county level charities? When my mother needed help in rural Ohio there was a charity there to help with accessibility issues. Is there a mental health or disabled adults charity that could help?

I looked into some things, but can't find anything yet.

Hey, Lorena, I think I will swallow my pride, take your advice and put a gofundme thing up tomorrow. I just need a beater car that can run for 2-3 months, so I can work.

I've was already given some help sent straight to my paypal account. FOFC has a big heart. I wish I hadn't avoided it so long. Thanks everyone.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:35 AM   #19
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Ok, so I did it. I set up my gofundme.

www.gofundme.com/help-jason-get-back-to-work

An awesome FOFCer, already donated to my paypal yesterday, so that took a chunk off. I am basically looking for a $1000 junker to get to work for 2 momths until I get my settlement money, but now I only need $750 or so.

I hate feeling like a begger, but I don't know what else to do or where else to turn.

Last edited by Schmidty : 09-07-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #20
Schmidty
Coordinator

Last dola.

A friend just told me that some don't like gofundme, so just using paypal is better for some. I think all you need is my email: [email protected] .

Thanks again. I have been up here on this mountain by myself for almost a year with no way to get anywhere. I don't think I can take another week of this, let alone another few months. I know I am grasping at straws, but I really need help.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #21
PilotMan
Head Coach

Hey Schmidty I hope that you're able to find the assistance that you're looking for. Mental health is such a serious often overlooked and ridiculed thing. Only hope for the best for you.

Like Steam?