Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

RIP Tyler Skaggs

Angels SP Tyler Skaggs died today in Texas. No info available currently. The game tonight between the Rangers has been canceled. Terrible.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I can't even begin to comprehend this. I feel terrible. He was so young and talented. Tragic news.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just damn, 27 years old
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sounds like he was found unresponsive in his hotel room. No foul play is suspected at this time.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:20 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sounds like he was found unresponsive in his hotel room. No foul play is suspected at this time.

Just read that and right or wrong the first place my mind goes is an opioid overdose. There is such an epidemic with that shit.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
bhlloy
Coordinator

Adenhart and now this. What the fucking fuck.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Adenhart and now this. What the fucking fuck.

A little over 10 years ago. Angels drafted Skaggs two months after Adenhart died.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #8
tarcone
Coordinator

Sad news. I remember when it was Darryl Kile. It was a shock.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:02 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There's certain guys I think are super old cause of OOTP Leagues. He's one of them.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Sad news
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tyler Skaggs' autopsy: Fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol led to death - Los Angeles Times
Old 08-30-2019, 03:26 PM   #12
bhlloy
Coordinator

Fucks sake. Figured something like this was likely but still, very sad.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:55 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

{shakes head}
Old 08-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #14
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

That just sucks. What a waist.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:03 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Very sad, and just saw the statement issued by his family. I get they are grief ridden, but it really comes across as them blaming an Angles employee for his death for giving him the drugs. Again, it is tragic and I can't imagine the pain they are feeling, but their son made the choice.

Obviously if they were obtained illegally, others should be held accountable, but he was not coerced into taking them.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #16
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Very sad, and just saw the statement issued by his family. I get they are grief ridden, but it really comes across as them blaming an Angles employee for his death for giving him the drugs. Again, it is tragic and I can't imagine the pain they are feeling, but their son made the choice.

Obviously if they were obtained illegally, others should be held accountable, but he was not coerced into taking them.

From the article.

Quote:
The Skaggs family recently retained the services of renowned Houston criminal defense attorney Russell “Rusty” Hardin to represent them. Skaggs was on a one-year contract for $3.7 million in his second year of arbitration. He would have been eligible for free agency after the 2020 season.
Hardin has represented and won favorable verdicts for athletes such as Roger Clemens, who was accused of lying before Congress over alleged steroid use; Warren Moon, Scottie Pippen, Rudy Tomjanovich and Wade Boggs.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:17 PM   #17
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

If a team trainer or doctor is telling you to take something, you probably are going to do it. Baseball has a history of this stuff. They used to load guys up on speed without really telling them it was speed.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #18
molson
General Manager

Opiates have killed more Americans in the last 2 years than the entire Vietnam war did. There's nothing particularly suspicious about anybody dying from them. Particularly a rich athlete who wouldn't have any trouble getting anything he was inclined to take, wherever he was.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:39 PM   #19
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If a team trainer or doctor is telling you to take something, you probably are going to do it. Baseball has a history of this stuff. They used to load guys up on speed without really telling them it was speed.

Yeah, I don't think there's any chance this is the case, or there's a scandal that's coming that is Lance Armstrong sized for MLB. I just can't believe team doctors in this day and age are stupid enough to be illegally procuring and providing oxy and fentanyl to players.

If anything, I'd imagine it's going to be a lower level runner getting the players this stuff on the side, which is still going to be bad and cost the Angels a lot of money. And obviously doesn't make it any less tragic.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #20
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Only thing that makes sense and isn't petty as shit would be if he just wanted to take some Oxy and chill but it was laced/spiked with fentanyl. The dealer might be responsible if that's the case (at least in the families eyes). Apparently, this is a huge issue since fentanyl is much cheaper and dealers are able to create fake oxy, basically. A lot of people dying on that shiz.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote