Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

SLOP 25th Anniversary Team

So here we are, heading into the 25th season in SLOP. Sort of crazy that this silly little experiment has spawned nearly a quarter-century of fake seasons, but I'm glad you've managed to show up and enjoy it.

Anyway, I'm going to name the 25th Anniversary Team amongst the best players to grace Unified Stadium (tm) over the past seasons profiling names you'll know and a few you might have forgotten.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

DEREK CAMPBELL, 3B

The 6th overall pick of the '42 draft, Campbell is a two-time former MVP who could be best termed as "the best SLOP player not in the Hall of Fame." An 11-time all-star, he spent his entire career with the Smokers as their FRANCHISE player. He retired with nearly 2600 hits, a .317 career average and was a BEAST in the post-season, hitting .351 in the playoffs for his career with 19 HRs en route to three Series rings with the Smokers.

I wanted this series not just to profile the slam dunks who are in the Hall, but other contributors who have made SLOP what it is today and really, you can't say enough about a consummate leader who led one of the most successful clubs in the league for close to two decades.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

JOHNNY RESSANO, 1B
Probably one of my favorite players in SLOP over the years, this dude was an LA Vulcan back in the day and he's still going strong after all these years. He has over 3000 hits, over 600 home runs and a career .315 average to boot. After three years in Chicago, Carolina picked him up and he's been a quiet star ever since.

He's in the last year of his contract, so it'll be interesting to see what he does after this year, but you can't really imagine a better steward for the SLOP brand over the past 25 years than Johnny Number Nine.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-01-2012 at 09:23 PM.