Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How many TP rolls in your house?
0-10 17 28.81%
11-20 19 32.20%
21-30 3 5.08%
31-40 8 13.56%
40+ 12 20.34%
I only wipe with a trout 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

How many rolls of TP are in your house?

Currently how many rolls of TP do you have on hand?

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

26 not counting the ones already in place.

Oh crap, I may not have enough after all! Also have 6 paper towel rolls which would be plan B and tissue for plan C.

https://www.today.com/health/here-s-...eeds-2-t176154
Quote:
“Therefore, to last approximately 2 weeks, a 2-person household would need ~9 double rolls, or ~5 mega rolls. A 4-person household would need ~17 double rolls, or~ 9 mega rolls to last approximately 2 weeks.”
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm at 37, not counting whats in the holder. We also have wet wipes from Costco.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

We have 18 and 16 paper towel rolls. Only two of us though so a roll lasts 3-4 days since we normally get the extra large rolls, so we are good for 54-72 days. I am going to start checking the store early twice a week for this, water and cleaning supplies.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-22-2020 at 10:15 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

Somewhere around 36 for a house with 5 adults. Two to three weeks worth I guess.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #6
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Probably around 12.

Are you making a target list of who's hoarding TP or something!
Old 03-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I bought 3 giant cases of Scott from Amazon. I was at Wal Mart the other day when they were bringing out several pallets. People are animals. It was like Blan Friday(Brown Friday?)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:05 AM   #8
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I have between 16 and 17 mega rolls left, about double what I usually have at my house (just me). I'm thinking I have between 1.5 and 2 months of supply left before I would run out.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:09 AM   #9
Galaril
Pro Starter

We buy are TP in bulk off Amazon we got a box of 96 in late December via subscription every 4 months. There was a screw up and Amazon sent us a second one by accident and just before that we ordered a second just in case so we have around 300+. We have 8 people in our house 5 teens and grandma plus Mrs Galaril. We have given some away to friends and neighbors who were low a few weeks ago.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #10
Drake
assmaster

I have 18 rolls. Since it's just my son and I here most days, that's like a 3 month supply.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #11
Thomkal
Head Coach

Everybody to Galaril's house! We have a Charmin "Mega Pack" of 10-12 rolls, then a smaller pack of about 6. These are the "Ultra-size" rolls too for just my mother and I here, but given our medical issues, I'm glad we have so many here just in case.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #12
Edward64
Head Coach

We now know who the hoarders are !!
Old 03-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #13
sabotai
General Manager

Started the last roll yesterday.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:06 PM   #14
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Started the last roll yesterday.

Sweating it yet?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:08 PM   #15
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I said 10, but the actual number (had to look) is 15. My plan is a GoFundMe should it come to that.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #16
Tasan
College Starter

I'm not falling for this. Someone is setting up a raiding party!
Old 03-22-2020, 10:57 PM   #17
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Sweating it yet?

It's just me, so a roll usually lasts at least a week. So I got some time to find some. Never thought I'd ever have to ask friends or family to loan me a roll of toilet paper, but here we are.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:03 PM   #18
Atocep
Coordinator

We're sitting at about 25 rolls I think. We had bought some at Costco right before this hit in Washington and after the first wave died down I bought another package of 18 rolls at Safeway.

I was at Safeway today and there were only a few people there. The only thing they seemed to be out of was toilet paper. Hopefully we can avoid a shelter in place, which would start our 3rd round of grocery store hoarding, and things can go relatively back to normal as far as supplies go soon.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:04 PM   #19
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Bought ours before all this started, we have roughly 15-20.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:43 PM   #20
Groundhog
Coordinator

We always buy in bulk (96 packs), and ran out just as the craziness began. My brother-in-law from the States brought over a dozen rolls as a joke (before you all had the same issue), and we were down to our last 4 or 5 of those before we hit the supermarket at the exact right time a few days ago and got enough to last awhile. TBH it's the least of my worries. Managed to get diabetes meds for my wife to last about 6 months (not hoarding, that's just the standard amount she gets per prescription) after a bit of a panic last night when we realized she'd made a mistake a week ago when I asked her to double-check and had actually run out of night medication (double-counted her day time meds), but we had no issues getting it at the chemist last night either.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #21
tarcone
Coordinator

My wife has been driving up and down I44 looking. She has found 18 rolls this last week. Counting what we had we are in the 30s.

I have my wife and an 18 and 19 year old girl in my house. TP is a necessity.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:21 AM   #22
Butter
Coordinator

So, Amazon was running this special where you got a certain gift card amount if you spent certain amounts during Christmas.

Then at some point in January, they were running some special that was like $20 off of $50 on household items. We bought 3 giant packs of Scott.

We were able to help out about 4 families in our neighborhood Facebook group who were desperate for TP, with like 4 rolls each last week. And I still have enough TP in our house for several months.

I know that people think that we hoarded it when we were giving it away, but we didn't. I mean, I guess we sort of did (incidentally and before the virus was a real concern to me anyway), but we always have 20+ rolls in the house because when our Scott megapack is getting low, we usually get another one. It just so happened we got 3 36-packs from this deal. So I think the count we have right now is like 100+ rolls. All in large boxes in our guest bathroom.

Last edited by Butter : 03-23-2020 at 07:23 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:32 AM   #23
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
My wife has been driving up and down I44 looking. She has found 18 rolls this last week. Counting what we had we are in the 30s.

I have my wife and an 18 and 19 year old girl in my house. TP is a necessity.

Hmmmm, any particular strategy? Stores, time of day etc.?

Everytime I've been to Kroger, Walmart, Target etc. it's all out. I went to Amazon and I found a couple places to buy brand name TP at reasonable prices, but when I place them into the cart and then go to the cart, it says no longer available. Never seen Amazon be out-of-sync like that before.

I'm not particularly worried yet but thought to maybe buy another multi-roll especially now that I've seen others here "hoard".
Old 03-23-2020, 07:43 AM   #24
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Hmmmm, any particular strategy? Stores, time of day etc.?

Everytime I've been to Kroger, Walmart, Target etc. it's all out. I went to Amazon and I found a couple places to buy brand name TP at reasonable prices, but when I place them into the cart and then go to the cart, it says no longer available. Never seen Amazon be out-of-sync like that before.

I'm not particularly worried yet but thought to maybe buy another multi-roll especially now that I've seen others here "hoard".

No strategy. When she goes to her sisters she heads Sw on I44. Found one 6 pack at a Wal-Mart in Sullivan MO. A more rural area. Nothing in our area. She has hit a couple Sams clubs and Wal-Mart.

Found the 6 pack at about 9 am Saturday.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #25
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

So, serious question for those who have a bunch - why? Grocery stores aren't closing even with "shelter in place" rules, supply hasn't been interrupted, why the hoarding?

I get buying a pack when you see one in stock nowadays since the stores are constantly being raided as soon as they arrive, but can we all just calm the fuck down about this? There's no disruption in supply, there's no indication that grocery stores are going to be off-limits (think about it for a second, officials can't do that because it would lead to anarchy). Can we get over this fear-induced artificial spike in demand?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #26
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post

I get buying a pack when you see one in stock nowadays since the stores are constantly being raided as soon as they arrive

I think that's most of the issue. It's not people buying up hundreds of rolls, it's many people seeing some TP out in the wild and pouncing when they wouldn't have otherwise.

My girlfriend most buys the home supplies since she works at Whole Foods. I can't remember the last time I bought toilet paper. About a week and a half ago, right before shit hit the fan, I saw some and bought a 16-pack. I didn't realize she had just been to Cotsco and bought 36 rolls or something the week before, before there was a shortage.

We are donating to friends and neighbors as we see their situation turn dire from facebook posts. But if I had less than even say, 10 rolls, it would take a lot of willpower not to to grab a 4-pack after not seeing one for weeks if I came across one.

But I won't. If we somehow get through our stash and still can't comfortably buy toilet paper when needed, I'm checking out of the whole scene and going redneck bidet. (which can go a couple of different directions, I haven't settled on one yet).

Last edited by molson : 03-23-2020 at 03:37 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:35 PM   #27
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

People survived thousands of years before TP. They will survive after it. It isn't a necessity.

Good question dawgfan, but you hit the answer. This isn't about logic, it's about fear - which if properly placed would have you buy lots of other things before toilet paper.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #28
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Everybody to Galaril's house! We have a Charmin "Mega Pack" of 10-12 rolls, then a smaller pack of about 6. These are the "Ultra-size" rolls too for just my mother and I here, but given our medical issues, I'm glad we have so many here just in case.

Lol... don’t even think about it my teenage daughters are on the roof manning the crossbow turrets with flaming arrows.

Last edited by Galaril : 03-23-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #29
molson
General Manager

Toilet papering someone's house right now would be a real aggressive move.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #30
bronconick
College Starter

5, but it's just me. Might sneak down the street for a few groceries sometime this week
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:43 PM   #31
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
So, serious question for those who have a bunch - why? Grocery stores aren't closing even with "shelter in place" rules, supply hasn't been interrupted, why the hoarding?

I get buying a pack when you see one in stock nowadays since the stores are constantly being raided as soon as they arrive, but can we all just calm the fuck down about this? There's no disruption in supply, there's no indication that grocery stores are going to be off-limits (think about it for a second, officials can't do that because it would lead to anarchy). Can we get over this fear-induced artificial spike in demand?

I happened to have a costco pack that I got relatively recently. Then when the run started and I was at the grocery store I grabbed another packet.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #32
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I tried to stay under 10, but they only sold packs of 12. I tried not to hoard, I really did!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 05:09 PM   #33
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I live alone, so it's not a big deal.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #34
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Im not an active member of many message boards but this is the only one where a response would be posted.

Can only speak for myself but just checked and its 7, but they are the 'mega' rolls. Best estimate is I go thru one a month so didnt buy anymore last week when there were some on the shelf. Really not a big deal.

What is a big deal? Like many Americans I can no longer work and had both my jobs taken away from me this month and they are completely unrelated. One of them may be gone for good as the owner is elderly and had already been contemplating retirement. This is likely to push him over the edge.

Cherry on top? My two roommates are a married couple but we live on a resort island which now has astronomical housing costs/rent. Last month they showed me an ultrasound and are now expecting and expecting me to GTFO ASAP.
They just had family come over and stay/visit for the weekend and the husband has played several rounds of golf. Spring breakers are down here partying on the beaches and being idiots. Imagine having a 4 month preggo wife and exposing the household to that and roughly 4-6 trips to the store this last week. He was working around hundreds of ppl just 6 days ago. Did I mention the poker game he played last week?

Our landlord is a friend so were month/month and they have no plans on leaving and I couldnt afford 2200 mo rent anyways. It's a condo. They went out for paint and brushes today and thus begins the 'nesting'
SMH

But yeah, 7 rolls. So I got THAT going for me.........
Old 03-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #35
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ive been hoarding TP since long before FOFC existed...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:55 PM   #36
sabotai
General Manager

Sab's TP Situation Update: I procured myself another roll of toilet paper. I'm good for another week.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #37
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Im not an active member of many message boards but this is the only one where a response would be posted.

Can only speak for myself but just checked and its 7, but they are the 'mega' rolls. Best estimate is I go thru one a month so didnt buy anymore last week when there were some on the shelf. Really not a big deal.

What is a big deal? Like many Americans I can no longer work and had both my jobs taken away from me this month and they are completely unrelated. One of them may be gone for good as the owner is elderly and had already been contemplating retirement. This is likely to push him over the edge.

Cherry on top? My two roommates are a married couple but we live on a resort island which now has astronomical housing costs/rent. Last month they showed me an ultrasound and are now expecting and expecting me to GTFO ASAP.
They just had family come over and stay/visit for the weekend and the husband has played several rounds of golf. Spring breakers are down here partying on the beaches and being idiots. Imagine having a 4 month preggo wife and exposing the household to that and roughly 4-6 trips to the store this last week. He was working around hundreds of ppl just 6 days ago. Did I mention the poker game he played last week?

Our landlord is a friend so were month/month and they have no plans on leaving and I couldnt afford 2200 mo rent anyways. It's a condo. They went out for paint and brushes today and thus begins the 'nesting'
SMH

But yeah, 7 rolls. So I got THAT going for me.........

Ugggh. So sorry. Any extra stress right now just feels exponentially magnified.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:51 AM   #38
SackAttack
Head Coach

18 mega rolls, but my fiancée has some bladder issues. Like, visits-the-head-four-times-in-30-minutes-some-days bladder issues.

That's not as much toilet paper in this apartment as it sounds like.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #39
Edward64
Head Coach

Here's an explanation on the hoarding.

(BTW - missus scored today. She went to Walmart of pick up groceries that we ordered online. She went in and there was limited TP. They let her get a Charmin 6-roll so we are at 30 or 31 right now)

403 Forbidden
Quote:
Yarrow says that is a bit unusual. "I don't think most people think about toilet paper during panic-buying times like hurricanes and so on. This is kind of a first," she told Ars. The run on toilet paper (sorry, not sorry) is what happens when social media-driven communication meets human instinct in the middle of a crisis.

The optical illusion of a shortage

"We're social animals," Yarrow told Ars. "In times that are really kind of unprecedented and uncertain, we do look to other people for cues about what to do. Unfortunately, other people are doing kind of crazy things, so it makes us feel like we should do it too."

And today, most of us find out what our fellow humans are doing through social media, or through news reports filled with images and video. So the cues we’re getting are very visual, which affects how we process certain information. Big, bulky items like toilet paper leave more noticeable, visible gaps on store shelves than smaller items like canned tuna—especially when toilet paper takes up most of an aisle in its own right, while tuna may take up just a few feet of shelf space.

"A picture of an empty toilet paper shelf is really a lot more dramatic than an empty tuna shelf, and a picture of somebody walking out of the store with two big things of toilet paper is a more dramatic picture than a picture of somebody walking out with a bag of tuna," Yarrow told Ars. "Toilet paper sort of became the thing that the media in particular was really focused on, and that then cued people into thinking about [it]."
Old 04-21-2020, 09:49 AM   #40
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just counted again. I am at 28 so at current consumption rate I have 3 months left.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #41
tarcone
Coordinator

We have 57 rolls. Why? Because my wife buys it most times she goes out, if she can find it.

With that many I think we can make it a couple weeks.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #42
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Somewhere around 36 for a house with 5 adults. Two to three weeks worth I guess.

I have not seen any on any shelf anywhere since I posted this. I do have 12 coming from WalMart today, supposedly. We still have plenty for now though.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #43
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well we still have 12 rolls left for the 2 of us - from the 18 pack (double rolls) my wife bought at the end of March. We are running out of paper towels. Kroger has finally allowed some for pickup (before they were not allowing it), so we'll see tomorrow if they have any. If not, Amazon is selling paper towels intended for business clients - the tri fold ones you find in office bathrooms - which isn't ideal but should work anyways.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:25 PM   #44
tarcone
Coordinator

I forgot to add my wife has the schedule of TP deliveries to a couple stores. She found out from someone and was in the store for another.

Yeah, she is worried we will run out.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

How is there still a run on this? Once the initial run is done just freaking do you normal shopping for it, you'll maintain the surplus that you had.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:48 PM   #46
BYU 14
Coordinator

We still have 18 mega rolls and they last almost a week, plus 30 more coming the first week of May that we ordered at the end of March so we will be good for a while.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #47
Thomkal
Head Coach

We are fine with TP here, but we are out of napkins, and have been unable to get any anywhere I've checked. Thankfully we have those extra rolls of paper towels hanging around.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:06 PM   #48
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
How is there still a run on this? Once the initial run is done just freaking do you normal shopping for it, you'll maintain the surplus that you had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone
We have 57 rolls. Why? Because my wife buys it most times she goes out, if she can find it.

There it is. This isn't buying TP, it's buying peace of mind. And that means there is no such thing as 'enough'.

Honestly, you wonder how the human race managed to survive for thousands of years before toilet paper was invented.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:19 PM   #49
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Do trouts eat your poop?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #50
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
There it is. This isn't buying TP, it's buying peace of mind. And that means there is no such thing as 'enough'.

Honestly, you wonder how the human race managed to survive for thousands of years before toilet paper was invented.

Always plenty of leaves and corn husks to use. And stinky ass people.