Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2018, 04:43 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Big FOF9 Update From Jim (Multiple League Configurations, Facegen Confirmed)

Update from 9/21/18 - OOTP Developments Forums

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:48 AM   #2
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Yes! Can't wait!
Old 09-21-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks for the update Jim.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:34 PM   #4
PilotMan
Head Coach

This is some pretty sweet news.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #5
molson
General Manager

Excellent news. I just wish the release was imminent. It's football season, I want my FOF now!!!!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #6
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I get (and appreciate) Jim's style after all these years so I know he won't say it, but it'd be so much easier to just say yeah it's going to be multiplayer compatible, if not on release then within a couple months because we know how important a niche multiplayer is, especially among the diehards who populate the forums.

Allowing for customized league configurations is something I assumed we'd see once the partnership with OOTP happened, but still exciting to hear it'll probably be included in the first version. Hopefully it allows for dynamic expansion instead of just being an initial option - I never really understood why FOF2 or 3 had it then it became a non-starter and we were locked into the 32 team league in future releases. (Plus it'll be a big help for TCY2 )

Either way, excited to just get the reminder the game is being worked on and hear the partnership is working out so far on the programming side!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 AM   #7
Ben E Lou

This morning Andreas confirmed that Facegen will be included, as well as OOTP-style uniforms.

OOTP Developments Forums - View Single Post - Update from 9/21/18
Old 09-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Can't wait!!!
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Any word on potential beer tents?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 09-25-2018 at 10:02 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #10
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Any word potential beer tents?

I wonder what percentage of users know what this is about.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
I wonder what percentage of users know what this is about.

Probably surprisingly high at this point in the forum's life
Old 01-11-2020, 06:25 PM   #12
Edward64
Head Coach

Didn't see an update here so thought I would post an update from Jim in the OOTP forum.

Welcome to the family, Jim Gindin and Front Office Football! (2/20/2018) - Page 14 - OOTP Developments Forums
Quote:
When I last posted about the game on my web site, I intended that to cover the period before it's appropriate for OOTP marketing to take over. The reasoning contained in that post applies just as much today as it did then. If the project were scrapped, I'd say something, because I'd be moving on to something new - probably not in the field of game development.

The last thing I want is to become defensive in any way here. Because what's going to happen when we get into that beta period is that OOTP's marketing arm (and they have one - Solecisimic was just me, and marketing is very, very different when you don't have someone who fully understands the current marketplace for games) will take over and you will learn about the game. They have become very good at this and the last thing anyone needs is me taking it upon myself to alter their work.

Until that point, and I very carefully illustrated that a few months ago, it's just not ideal for me to say much. Honestly, I like talking about the game. Forums just aren't great for that kind of thing. The crap people are giving Gary and Markus right now seems quite unfair. We're all just trying to create something.

Quote:
I understand that this is exactly what people would appreciate knowing right now.I wish I could give you a yes or no right now.

I think Markus and I have made the reasons very clear. The most important question is how much of the GUI work can I do myself and get the game itself in place (because the engine is about 99% done and about 95% of the screens are done - but the pieces that make them look good haven't begun yet).

We just didn't anticipate the direction the company would take. They have to follow this opportunity. They've worked so hard for it, and now it's within sight, but all hands are needed. I've even tried to pitch in, but they tell me not to.

I feel terrible that the game isn't out. It's not what any of us wanted. All I can promise is that once we're at a beta stage, the PR machine will start and you'll probably wish you heard less about the game.

Until then, though, this company is all about baseball and hockey and it's not my place to talk about the game in any detail. I respect that. It's a process, and it's one that's proven to work.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #13
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

What does he mean by "didn't anticipate the direction the company would take?"
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #14
JPhillips
General Manager

My guess is the Perfect Team stuff. That's a lot more active than the yearly OOTP releases.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #15
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
My guess is the Perfect Team stuff. That's a lot more active than the yearly OOTP releases.

In my opinion, it's the worst thing to happen with sim games. You can tell instantly just how much time they've been putting into it. It's all they talk about on the OOTP podcast. It's a dumbing down of the sim game. Pay real money to get players. And then you wonder why their trade engine isn't great, well just throw then $20 and have a chance to get a platinum player!!!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:18 PM   #16
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
In my opinion, it's the worst thing to happen with sim games. You can tell instantly just how much time they've been putting into it. It's all they talk about on the OOTP podcast. It's a dumbing down of the sim game. Pay real money to get players. And then you wonder why their trade engine isn't great, well just throw then $20 and have a chance to get a platinum player!!!

Not just sim sports games, the sports gaming industry as a whole. VC ruined the NBA 2k series, which was easily the best sports console game ever and was going from strength to strength every year.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #17
JPhillips
General Manager

Don't get me wrong, I don't even play Perfect Team, but I'm sure it's been a cash cow for them and they are obviously spending a lot of time on it.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:12 PM   #18
Edward64
Head Coach

I didn't really understand the situation either and maybe I missed something in one of the other threads/posts. I've been monitoring that board and there's been pressure to provide some sort of update (IMO not unreasonable) because its been silent for so long.

I'm perfectly willing to wait but lack of communications was worrisome.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:40 AM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought we’d have gotten the roster update and schedule patch by now.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:19 PM   #20
miked
College Starter

Hey, we acquired this game to help out, but we're too busy doing stupid stuff to give it the support we promised. If it were really 95% done, don't you think now would be the good time to actually hold up your side?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #21
General Mike
Pro Starter

The opportunity he talks about seems a lot bigger than just Perfect Team. It sounds like something new that would take the game to a different level of popularity. I don’t know.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:21 PM   #22
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't even play Perfect Team, but I'm sure it's been a cash cow for them and they are obviously spending a lot of time on it.

I have played perfect team. It is fun to open packs, but after a while every team in the league has the same 89 skill players. Maybe one guy loves the retro players and stacks his team with retro players. You can have a 97 Jacob Degrom and he has a 5 ERA because every player on every team is an all-star.

I'll play franchise mode any day over that.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:29 PM   #23
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I agree Mota. Same players and same value players on a lot of teams.

Perfect Team got old real fast for me.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:30 AM   #24
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I agree Mota. Same players and same value players on a lot of teams.

Perfect Team got old real fast for me.

Same for me. I think I played it for a couple of seasons, then forgot I was even playing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 AM   #25
Ben E Lou

Smaller FOF9 Update. Compensatory picks!

Latest Info (3/28/20) - OOTP Developments Forums

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 03-31-2020 at 06:06 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote