Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #19401
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I work from home too when not travelling. I don't think I am as productive (and snack way too much) but still get things done.

As far as the snacking goes, I am much better at home than I am at work. At home there's no junk.

At work, there are these 'micro cafes' that are essentially a 7-11. It is all on the honor system, pick it up, scan it, pay for it, off you go.

I have like this compulsion at work that I don't have at home.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:21 PM   #19402
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's weird because I work from home now but miss working at an office from time to time. Working from home creates some bad habits.

But I feel like if I went back to a job where I had to be in the office, I'd hate it within a week.

This is where I am. I visit some office settings from time to time. After a few hours, I am incredibly thankful for the home office.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:57 AM   #19403
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
As far as the snacking goes, I am much better at home than I am at work. At home there's no junk.

At work, there are these 'micro cafes' that are essentially a 7-11. It is all on the honor system, pick it up, scan it, pay for it, off you go.

I have like this compulsion at work that I don't have at home.

I am definitely the opposite, I eat way too much at home. I think at work I'm constantly with co-workers or clients so don't get as much opportunity.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:13 PM   #19404
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
This is where I am. I visit some office settings from time to time. After a few hours, I am incredibly thankful for the home office.

Ive got about the best of both worlds.
I wrok from home and have pretty much total freedom of movement. But also have a branch office maybe 20 minutes away with open offices with desks, dock station, phones etc....that I can use on demand. So if I just feel like I need a kick in the pants Ill dress up and go to the office.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:34 PM   #19405
AlexB
Pro Starter

One of the best opening lines to a documentary ever?

"Once upon a time there was no heavy metal music. Anywhere."

Last edited by AlexB : 03-13-2020 at 04:34 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #19406
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post

Off the top of my head, is that from the-name-escapes-me-at-the-moment, but the guy who did the heavy metal genre family tree.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #19407
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Off the top of my head, is that from the-name-escapes-me-at-the-moment, but the guy who did the heavy metal genre family tree.

Yeah do tell, this sounds like something I want to watch
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #19408
AlexB
Pro Starter

It’s called Metal Britannia, about half hour in and is definitely worth a watch so far

Last edited by AlexB : 03-13-2020 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:58 PM   #19409
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Are you thinking of Metal Evolution? That is the gold standard, awesome series!
Old 03-13-2020, 05:04 PM   #19410
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you thinking of Metal Evolution? That is the gold standard, awesome series!

Yep. Sam Dunn is the guy whose name I couldn't think of.

Oddly enough, Googling the one you're watching it appears it may actually pre-date the release of Metal Evolution by a bit or they were released at about the same time.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #19411
AlexB
Pro Starter

It’s old for sure. 2010 - focussed on the roots, influences and early days. Worth a watch for sure - made me put down FOF and give it my full attention if that’s a gauge!
Old 03-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #19412
AlexB
Pro Starter

Definitely a good watch, although not sure if it translates as well if not a Brit. Lemmy still being talked about in present tense
Old 03-13-2020, 06:00 PM   #19413
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Definitely a good watch, although not sure if it translates as well if not a Brit. Lemmy still being talked about in present tense

Oof
Old 03-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #19414
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Bah, a charge I didn't recognize showed up on my credit card statement that I did not recognize. I called to see what it was and dispute it but so far they canceled the card until they can send me a new one.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #19415
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
CV adjacent post.

I am seeing a lot of friends and acquaintances who are beginning the joys of working remotely. Both as employers and employees are wondering why they did not do this before.

Has anybody been forced into working remotely or having their employees working remotely and are finding out it suits them better than they thought it would?

Bump.

How has the first week gone?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 03-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #19416
Critch
lolzcat

I've been working at home pretty much exclusively for 7 years. To start with I was supposed to turn up at the client once per week but I stopped going and nobody complained. I'm not sure I could go back to working in an office anymore, I've been spoiled.

My one big suggestion would be if it's long-term make sure you sort out a good work setup. Slouching on the couch with the laptop on your knee really does a number on your back/neck/shoulders.

My wife works from home too, she's down in the basement. We've really been 7 years ahead of trend on this social distancing fad. Recently the only time I leave the house is for my physiotherapy for a back/neck/shoulder issue.

Last edited by Critch : 03-20-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:43 AM   #19417
spleen1015
Coordinator

I've worked from home on average at least 1 day a week for a long time.

Working from home isn't my problem really. I'm distracted by COVID-19 news right now. I seem to be addicted to switching between CNN & FoxNews, watching the stats climb every day, trying to consume as much information as I can.

I'm not stressing about anything, but I am worried about how long this is going to go on. I am worried that somehow this will impact my job and the rest of my life.

I believe life goes back to normal, but when is what I worry about.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:44 AM   #19418
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm bored to tears working at home. I am quite a big extrovert through. Our office has had telework for a few years (max 2x a week, but that's been completely relaxed of course) and I never used it. I don't plan on using it much if at all, after this crisis is over as well.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #19419
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I've worked from home on average at least 1 day a week for a long time.

Working from home isn't my problem really. I'm distracted by COVID-19 news right now. I seem to be addicted to switching between CNN & FoxNews, watching the stats climb every day, trying to consume as much information as I can.

I'm not stressing about anything, but I am worried about how long this is going to go on. I am worried that somehow this will impact my job and the rest of my life.

I believe life goes back to normal, but when is what I worry about.

It has brought my son such joy to tell his mother switch from news to something else as I have limited her to two hours of coverage a day. She would it for 12 hours and then worry the other 12.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #19420
Radii
Head Coach

I've been 100% work from home since 2006. It was part time for about a decade but has become full time again in the last few years. I do struggle with discipline sometimes, but obviously nothing happening right now is changing my work situation at all.

My company went mandatory work from home at the start of this week. We already have a very good WFH policy, most employees work from home two days a week with a large amount of flexibility around that, but I've already heard a number of complaints/comments about how weird it feels to be at home every day. I have been surprised by that
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #19421
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Hotels.com "stay home" ad is solid.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #19422
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Home Chef meals can be might tasty.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #19423
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I have been work from home (or travelling) since 2008. This is no big deal. I do hate the extra micromanaging that companies have had going on. I have had a daily 30 minute meeting with my boss every day for the past week, we are going to have that extended to an hour because the talks go so well and I have great ideas...

Last edited by Warhammer : 03-24-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #19424
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Home Chef meals can be might tasty.

I had recently signed up for these just prior to SHTF. Good timing. They are pretty good. I had the lettuce wraps today.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #19425
tarcone
Coordinator

Im getting bored myself. So much so, that I wander down tot he grocery store and look for TP and pick up a random item or 2 that I think I might like. I dont think we have ever had this much food in our house as we do now.

I do keep social distance. And avoid people like the, literal, plague.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:00 PM   #19426
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I dont think we have ever had this much food in our house as we do now.

My wife said the same thing. Food and toilet paper!

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-24-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #19427
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I may not get Home Chef at full price but when it's discounted I heartily recommend.

If anyone wants a discount just PM me
Old 03-24-2020, 08:22 PM   #19428
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I had recently signed up for these just prior to SHTF. Good timing. They are pretty good. I had the lettuce wraps today.

I made the Salmon and green bean today. Delicious!
Old 04-01-2020, 07:18 AM   #19429
miami_fan
Coordinator

Hey guys. Please don’t lose your jobs or make your shelter in place time even worse with an April Fools joke that doesn’t land right.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #19430
Edward64
Head Coach

Admittedly not a great basketball fan but isn't Michael Jordan's 10-part biopic a little too much? Couldn't they condense it all down to a 2 hour show?
Old 04-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #19431
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Hey guys. Please don’t lose your jobs or make your shelter in place time even worse with an April Fools joke that doesn’t land right.

I'm over them already. If there was ever a day to stay off social media
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:05 PM   #19432
cuervo72
Head Coach

I've never liked April Fools Day.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #19433
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Admittedly not a great basketball fan but isn't Michael Jordan's 10-part biopic a little too much? Couldn't they condense it all down to a 2 hour show?

We will wait and see but I could have gone for another 2 hours of that OJ doc that ESPN did. That was 8 hours long.

Sadly, I don't think it can live up to the expectations.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:41 PM   #19434
Edward64
Head Coach

My AT&T U-Verse seems to be having problems tonight. I maybe getting hit by downgraded speeds & resolution and/or just overall overload to bandwidth since more people are staying at home.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #19435
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

For those of you interested in the Positive song of the day playlist I've talked about in a couple other threads, I've created it on Spotify, and will update it with new PSotD at least daily.

Positive Song of the Day Playlist

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-02-2020 at 09:37 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #19436
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My AT&T U-Verse seems to be having problems tonight. I maybe getting hit by downgraded speeds & resolution and/or just overall overload to bandwidth since more people are staying at home.

Been 2 weeks or more of that noticeably with us and Charter. The easy suspicion is the increased traffic but I'm seeing it equally or even more frequently during typical OFF-peak times instead of peak. (stay at home shouldn't be impacting 4a-6a so noticeably I wouldn't think)

So either they run with variable capacity at different times of the day OR it's something else
Old 04-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #19437
molson
General Manager

It just occurred to me that if it were legally and ethically possible, I could go anywhere in the world with an internet connection right now and do my job just as well. Weird. I think the Canada border is closed so I probably can't drive to Alaska. Anywhere in the lower 48 though, I could pull off. Anybody got a lake house or something they want me to look after? I'd be bringing two dogs

Last edited by molson : 04-02-2020 at 09:02 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:00 PM   #19438
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Should I drink another Rum and Coke or should I go to bed.

FOFC decides.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:01 PM   #19439
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you're asking us for advice whether you should drink more, your judgement is impaired. Go to bed :P
Old 04-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #19440
Edward64
Head Coach

Go for it !!
Old 04-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #19441
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Damn, split decision. Next poster decides it.

And next weekend I propose a FOFC drinking contest.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:01 AM   #19442
miked
College Starter

Did not think this worthy of a new thread, but figured Id throw it out there. My son is 6 1/2 and is super in to baseball right now. As in, you must take me to the park every day to bat and throw, in to baseball. He collects a bunch of Pokemon cards, but has no idea what is what other than their names. He came across some of my old cards (I own like 5 these days) and wants some cards of his own. Having not bought a pack of cards since I was like 16, I have no idea what to grab these days. Is there still the standard "Topps" packs that I can buy on Amazon? Or do people just buy the sets (it seems like you can get the set for $50 or something). I think opening the packs would be more exciting for him, but who knows. Thoughts?
Old 04-06-2020, 10:34 AM   #19443
bob
College Starter

Even though I live in the heart of Roswell, I am stuck with DSL internet service because AT&T and Comcast refuse to run a line to our house. On top of that, we have a lot of wifi coverage issues as we have a ranch with a basement. Does anyone have any good solutions for this problem? We have a wifi extender but it seems to be crap (constant issues connecting to it and not providing enough coverage).
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:57 AM   #19444
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Even though I live in the heart of Roswell, I am stuck with DSL internet service because AT&T and Comcast refuse to run a line to our house. On top of that, we have a lot of wifi coverage issues as we have a ranch with a basement. Does anyone have any good solutions for this problem? We have a wifi extender but it seems to be crap (constant issues connecting to it and not providing enough coverage).

Cant be to powerful lest aliens infiltrate our systems and use them to communicate their attack.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:36 PM   #19445
cuervo72
Head Coach

ESPN is showing Ripken's 2131 game. I cannot believe how poor the video quality is. It's like they are showing a VHS tape of the broadcast.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #19446
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Today I watched Pandas fuck
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:00 AM   #19447
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Say no to porn.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:09 AM   #19448
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Cute 'N Hawt
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:56 AM   #19449
Kodos
Resident Alien

Is that bamboo in your pocket, Mr. Oreo?
Old 04-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #19450
stevew
Hall Of Famer

(Reference)

Pandas finally mate at Hong Kong zoo closed due to coronavirus
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote