Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #1101
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I expect Path to be in the brig tonight where he should be safe.. so I'm not that worried about him as I am about the security guards who will be keeping everything safe.

Got it, my bad.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #1102
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So do we have a water count from the misssion? If we have enough for everyone then there is no reason to send more out today if the cargo won't hold it - same as crys.

As I understand it, it was an exploration mission not a mining mission of any type (water/crys).
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #1103
hoopsguy
General Manager

Away missions:
1 person out = 90% no infection
2 people out = 81% no infection
3 people out = 73% no infection
4 people out = 66% no infection
5 people out = 60% no infection
6 people out = 53% no infection
7 people out = 48% no infection
8 people out = 43% no infection
9 people out = 39% no infection
10 people out = 35% no infection

Now, this doesn't account for sending people out a 2nd time who were infected earlier but this does provide some idea about how 90% works over a larger number of people

So, can someone post a list of who has gone out? I can pull them later if no one has gotten to it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #1104
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I forgot that Chubby won't be an officer tommorrow anyways since he took today off.. so we'd only really be able to do two away teams tommorrow anyhows.. Telle + Scientist + slaves, and Saldana + slaves (so 3 crew at risk).. it would be the following day we can have 3 away teams of Telle + scientist + slaves, Saldana + slaves and Chubby + scientist + slaves.

By then, our other privates will all have new jobs anyways.

Telle is not the only officer that can lead away missions - all of them can.

Soon enough, all people are just as likely to be infected while on the ship as while off the ship (right?).
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #1105
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

back! for an hour!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #1106
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ok, so it seems that we've got the missions squared, engineers are done or know what needs to be done. Slaves are mostly rounded up except for Schmidty who will get to his when he's back.

I think the topic now is...Lynch/No Lynch

I'm on the fence. On one hand, we do have Spawn/Spawnlings about, that's no kind of good. On the other, I don't know if I feel strongly enough about the people on my radar to be any kind of confident that I'm correct.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #1107
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I caught this as weird as well. He didn't mention that it came from a PM, so it sounds like it may be some extra ability he has OR a lie (but why come out with a lie like that early?). I'm curious though if this robot could actually replace slaves, doing away with their ability to do damage to the ship and the need to manage them.

I doubt it's a lie. There was a similar situation last game when the scientist built a spawn detector.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #1108
Barkeep49
Coordinator

After some more plotting and figuring, KWhitcomes back out and announces he has planned yet another mission.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #1109
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Away missions:
1 person out = 90% no infection
2 people out = 81% no infection
3 people out = 73% no infection
4 people out = 66% no infection
5 people out = 60% no infection
6 people out = 53% no infection
7 people out = 48% no infection
8 people out = 43% no infection
9 people out = 39% no infection
10 people out = 35% no infection

Now, this doesn't account for sending people out a 2nd time who were infected earlier but this does provide some idea about how 90% works over a larger number of people

So, can someone post a list of who has gone out? I can pull them later if no one has gotten to it.

Day 1:
Telle, PackerFanatic, Claphamsa, and 2 slaves - exploring (very successful)
Saldana & Slaves - mining (16 units)

Day 2:
Telle, LoneStarGirl, Chubby, Marc Vaughn, and a slave - exploring (pretty successful - slave died)
Old 07-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #1110
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Telle is not the only officer that can lead away missions - all of them can.

Soon enough, all people are just as likely to be infected while on the ship as while off the ship (right?).

I feel pretty strongly about not exposing any further of the officers if possible, but moreso I feel their AP is needed in other ways moreso.. I don't want to expose myself or Kwhit to the outside, I think Render needs to provide his HR function moreso than go out any, so that leaves Hoops and Telle for now.. Hoops already spent his AP for the day, and not sure I want him out anyways.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #1111
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I doubt it's a lie. There was a similar situation last game when the scientist built a spawn detector.

That is my point... I would expect it from a scientist.. I am trying to figure out how he built it as an engineer.. Danny isn't a scientist.. I'm not meaning to bark up a tree here, just found it odd , plus found it more odd that no one other than me seemed to pick up on it or mention it.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #1112
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Ok, so it seems that we've got the missions squared, engineers are done or know what needs to be done. Slaves are mostly rounded up except for Schmidty who will get to his when he's back.

I think the topic now is...Lynch/No Lynch

I'm on the fence. On one hand, we do have Spawn/Spawnlings about, that's no kind of good. On the other, I don't know if I feel strongly enough about the people on my radar to be any kind of confident that I'm correct.

Well, if someone has a decent argument for someone in particular, I'd love to hear it. I don't have any real suspicions, atm.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #1113
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
That is my point... I would expect it from a scientist.. I am trying to figure out how he built it as an engineer.. Danny isn't a scientist.. I'm not meaning to bark up a tree here, just found it odd , plus found it more odd that no one other than me seemed to pick up on it or mention it.

Engineers build stuff, so I didn't think it that odd.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #1114
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, if someone has a decent argument for someone in particular, I'd love to hear it. I don't have any real suspicions, atm.

I don't really.

I'm inherently suspicious of those that are of suspicious of me. So hoops and clap.

Pass has some spawny points for the big manuever, but I don't know if that's condemnable

Ditto saldana and the poor mission.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #1115
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I feel pretty strongly about not exposing any further of the officers if possible, but moreso I feel their AP is needed in other ways moreso.. I don't want to expose myself or Kwhit to the outside, I think Render needs to provide his HR function moreso than go out any, so that leaves Hoops and Telle for now.. Hoops already spent his AP for the day, and not sure I want him out anyways.

Thinking about it some more, even if we finished getting all the crys on Day 3, we'd probably have to throw water away to store it (we're at 87 water now, minus a max of 23 means 64 water left to be stored which only leaves 61 spots to store crys (max 125 units in the cargo hold)), and our engines won't be ready to take us out of here anyways.

So, yes, mining should be done across Day 3 and 4.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #1116
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Engineers build stuff, so I didn't think it that odd.

I didn't think it was odd that an engineer built it, more that he seems to have a different ability than I do as an engineer if this didn't come in the form of a PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #1117
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
It is a strange form of werewolf that people are playing here.

Do we really think that there was no spawn action last night?
Do we really believe that no one that went out last night got the 10% hit on spawnling and is now a spawn today? I'll run the math on this one when I've got some time this afternoon.

I'll have more time to focus on this by late afternoon, but you are right - I think no lynch is a bad, bad idea. Public roles get back-filled, so I don't understand why people are so gun-shy about taking a shot at getting a spawn.

I only voted no lynch because I won't be around to watch the action today and get a better read on anyone. I agree that it may not be the best plan, but it's the only option I really have at the moment.

See you guys tonight!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #1118
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I don't have any kind of read and frankly, haven't seen anything yet to make me want to lose an able-bodied worker so:

vote no lynch
Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #1119
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A little heads up warning. I have to dispense juvenile justice tonight so I will be gone from 8 PM - ????. It doesn't sound like it should go very long so I should arrive back just in time for deadline, but I can't be sure. It would be a big help if someone keeps the voting record, so I can process PMs and do the night write-up before I catch up to the however many posts I need to read.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #1120
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I definitely think we need to execute someone tonight...there are a few candidates - as in any ww game, there is always collateral damage, which sucks but it's part of the game.

A couple people have thrown Pass and Saldana out there. AlanT mentioned that he had suspicion on a couple other people but didn't elaborate. Any chance you'd want to throw some names and the reason you suspect them out there so we can get some conversation going and see if we can manage to start putting the puzzle together? I'm guessing Danny is one of the ones you suspect, and now that you pointed it out, it does seem odd. I didn't play either of the last games so I don't know how elaborate some of the roles are. Did Danny play? If so, he might have used a function of the last game to buy himself some time in this one...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #1121
Tyrith
College Starter

I somewhat agree with hoops here, but not completely.

1) BK said the 10 percent was base -- my suspicion is that it's lower than that because of the landing spot, and in exchange we got all this damage that's going to require us to stay here longer than we might otherwise.
2) It wouldn't shock me if there wasn't that much spawn activity last night, from the sound of the first day post. That is rapidly going to change.
3) We do need to lynch someone today, I think -- the nature of this game is that we're going to have to kill off valuable functions at some point. But for now we can stick with less valuable functions.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #1122
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BK's post reminded me. I'm at a Cubs game tomorrow, leaving early (around 8:45 CST) and won't likely be back until the evening. I will try to put in some sort of conditional order and will post it publicly as well so that Alan can override it if necessary.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #1123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
A little heads up warning. I have to dispense juvenile justice tonight so I will be gone from 8 PM - ????. It doesn't sound like it should go very long so I should arrive back just in time for deadline, but I can't be sure. It would be a big help if someone keeps the voting record, so I can process PMs and do the night write-up before I catch up to the however many posts I need to read.

I'll help you keep a voting record if you tell us how many slaves currently are in the brig
Old 07-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #1124
Tyrith
College Starter

People pinging me:

1) Pass - vote and run.
2) clap - somewhat vote and run, a vote that seemed really random in the greater context of what's going on, but that might possibly be because he had to vote then.

I don't have much suspicion for saldana because that could easily be a bad roll and he did just have a bunch of chumps; however, I feel we could probably spare his role if we wind up going that way. I just like having him around because he gives us one guy going outside that we can later lynch/clear.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #1125
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I definitely think we need to execute someone tonight...there are a few candidates - as in any ww game, there is always collateral damage, which sucks but it's part of the game.

A couple people have thrown Pass and Saldana out there. AlanT mentioned that he had suspicion on a couple other people but didn't elaborate. Any chance you'd want to throw some names and the reason you suspect them out there so we can get some conversation going and see if we can manage to start putting the puzzle together? I'm guessing Danny is one of the ones you suspect, and now that you pointed it out, it does seem odd. I didn't play either of the last games so I don't know how elaborate some of the roles are. Did Danny play? If so, he might have used a function of the last game to buy himself some time in this one...

Actually Danny isn't one of the two that just are bugging me right now, I just found the whole robot thing as odd and still don't like anyone's explanation for it

As for saying who my other gut feels are.. I think I'll wait for now. Last game was a mess because I was in a trusted spot (fairly similar to this game) and people got all over my case for saying my gut feelings.. Maybe I'll try a different style this game and see if people won't yell at me for it (ie: I think my throwing out those names could possibly lead to a reactionary vote for them from some people which I think might be a mistake at this time as I mentioned in my previous post)
Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #1126
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Didn't Path ask to be healed as well?

Yeah, but thinking it over I think it's more important for the security people to get healed before me. If I'm sleeping in the brig I'll recover.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #1127
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll help you keep a voting record if you tell us how many slaves currently are in the brig

Err stupid no edit rule.. I of course mean how many slaves are in the pens
Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #1128
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No problem. I'll make sure to include that in the writeup after I see your vote tally .
Old 07-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #1129
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It really is a catch-22 right now...

we have work that needs to be done.. for that to be accomplished we need people

We have missions that need to be done, for that we need people

People who go on missions risk being infected by spawn

People who risk being infected draw suspicion from other people and possibly lynched..

Lynched people means new people have to go on next mission as we still need the work to be done.. so new people who possibly could be infected...

I think it just runs around in circles is all.. Kill people or not, the work still remains the same.. We need people to take care of it all..

We just take caution to try to protect people who we feel should be clean so there is no way for them to be infected, and we take caution in whom we expose to the outside.

As the First officer so well stated.. the sooner we get off of this rock, the sooner we can then buckle down and figure out who is spawn and who isn't...
Old 07-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #1130
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
No problem. I'll make sure to include that in the writeup after I see your vote tally .

Thanks, exactly what I was hoping for!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #1131
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually Danny isn't one of the two that just are bugging me right now, I just found the whole robot thing as odd and still don't like anyone's explanation for it

As for saying who my other gut feels are.. I think I'll wait for now. Last game was a mess because I was in a trusted spot (fairly similar to this game) and people got all over my case for saying my gut feelings.. Maybe I'll try a different style this game and see if people won't yell at me for it (ie: I think my throwing out those names could possibly lead to a reactionary vote for them from some people which I think might be a mistake at this time as I mentioned in my previous post)

I've got a couple also, but with a game that moves this fast I want to take the time and go back and review some posts -- which is harder to do at work. I wonder if we're thinking about the same people or not.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #1132
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Are you freaking kidding me? 9 pages since i got on last night... this should be fun to catch up!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #1133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Are you freaking kidding me? 9 pages since i got on last night... this should be fun to catch up!

I blame Barkeep, he posts too much.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #1134
Tyrith
College Starter

We probably need to guard the engines tonight, too, in that case. If we take any more damage there we're going to be stuck here until who knows when. At this point the ship is more valuable than its crew in a lot of ways, after the beating it's already taken.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #1135
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm out for a few hours, I'm back on the phones at 5 so I'll be back here no later than about 4:30...hopefully I won't have 9 pages of posts to catch up on!!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #1136
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I blame Barkeep, he posts too much.
Says one of two people who has more posts than I do.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #1137
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
So that leaves you, any privates not busy Marc Vaughn I believe and the two scientist Lonestargirl and packerfanatic I believe

I'll go along with more experienced people as far as actions go (ie. tell me what to do boss ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #1138
Telle
College Starter

I'm getting out of here and I don't know if I'll be on again before deadline. I didn't like clap's post and run, and on an engineer no less which is a really important position for us right now. So, that's where I'm going to go with my vote.

VOTE CLAPHASMA
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #1139
KWhit
Coordinator

I leave work early today - around 4:00, and will be gone until after deadline. So I'm going to have to put in a vote soon.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #1140
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Wow. That's about as bad as it gets this early.

Why is it that bad? Is it something we did or something we didn't do? Or is it barkeep's way of being cute?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #1141
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
People pinging me:

1) Pass - vote and run.
2) clap - somewhat vote and run, a vote that seemed really random in the greater context of what's going on, but that might possibly be because he had to vote then.

I don't have much suspicion for saldana because that could easily be a bad roll and he did just have a bunch of chumps; however, I feel we could probably spare his role if we wind up going that way. I just like having him around because he gives us one guy going outside that we can later lynch/clear.

I voted then, beacsue i was at lunch and had a chance to.. Heinze isnt being his normal, heinzy self, and I think all of his ideas have been coutner productive (not that I have better ones) and thats a good place to start!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #1142
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I'm getting out of here and I don't know if I'll be on again before deadline. I didn't like clap's post and run, and on an engineer no less which is a really important position for us right now. So, that's where I'm going to go with my vote.

VOTE CLAPHASMA

so you dont like a post and runon an anenginerr.... so you post and run on an engineerr.....

womnen!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #1143
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

A) How have I acted any differently than normal, aside from the fact that I'm deferring a bit to the people who have played this rather complex ruleset while I haven't?

B) What are these counter-productive ideas I've mentioned? I don't think i've really suggested any ideas other than a few things as far as repairs and the engineer workload and those seem to have been favorably responded to and agreed to by other engineers.

Examples please, spawny.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #1144
KWhit
Coordinator

Clap, are you being trained in something? I forget.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #1145
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

u suggested killin all the slaves, even thoguht they are useful!

you sugested over repairign something, when there ar tons of things that are broke, and need repoairing! why waste time over epairing something, its less wastefull to just have somone guard it!

and ur the spanwy!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #1146
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

engineer

Quote:
Clap, are you being trained in something? I forget.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #1147
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
engineer

When do you become a full-fledged engineer?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #1148
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

you sugested over repairign something, when there ar tons of things that are broke, and need repoairing! why waste time over epairing something, its less wastefull to just have somone guard it!

and ur the spanwy!

Not that I am going to take a side in this who is spawn or who isn't discussion, but I also mentioned the possibility of overrepairing the storage hold tonight just to make sure it is completed.. if a spawn were part of the engineer crew and faked their work on it, and we didn't complete it.. that would be pretty down right catrastrophic.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #1149
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not that I am going to take a side in this who is spawn or who isn't discussion, but I also mentioned the possibility of overrepairing the storage hold tonight just to make sure it is completed.. if a spawn were part of the engineer crew and faked their work on it, and we didn't complete it.. that would be pretty down right catrastrophic.

Today should be a good test of it because you'll have two engineering crews: Tyrith and Heinz working on one place that *should* get completed and me and probably Danny working on another that *should* get close to completed.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #1150
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

and ur the spanwy!

HUH? No I haven't, I've posted multiple times that I think the slaves should LIVE man. You're wrong there.

I didn't so much suggest over-repairing something so much as I asked if we could do it. Do I think it would have been a good idea had it been able to be used as I hoped (it's not), maybe. We need that water. Guarding a broken cargo hold ain't helping. But it's moot, as what I was hoping to do, isn't possible to do (repair in advance of a spawn attack).

But hey, if people want to lynch me, fine. I don't think engineers are all that expendable, and I'm no spawn, but if people want me to die fine.

But hey, if you want to lynch an engineer, let's lynch the one that's been off the ship who is making largely baseless accusations (that'd be clap, for those who don't know)