Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

College Football Recruiting (2013 Class) Discussion

Longhorns get things started with a commitment from Celina OL/DL prospect Jake Raulerson, who's considered one of the top line prospects in the country.

bigdawg2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There should be quite a few more commitments after next weekend's Junior Day in Austin.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan has two early pledges; Nearly consensus 5* QB Shane Morris and consensus 4* S Dymonte Thomas. They have a big lead for Illinois OT Logan Tillman who is likely going to be a 5* with the way he is blowing up on the National scene. It's going to likely be a tremendous year for Michigan in 2013.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Michigan has two early pledges; Nearly consensus 5* QB Shane Morris and consensus 4* S Dymonte Thomas. They have a big lead for Illinois OT Logan Tillman who is likely going to be a 5* with the way he is blowing up on the National scene. It's going to likely be a tremendous year for Michigan in 2013.

Let's hope so!

Following Madonna's endorsement of Michigan yesterday, I think things are only going to keep getting better.

Go Blue!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

As of a few weeks ago, Rutgers was supposedly expecting a few 2013 verbals after this NSD but with Schiano leaving, that's been thrown off a bit. The bigger issue with this class, as I posted in the 2012 thread, is that Schiano is taking virtually our entire staff with him to TB, including the best recruiter in the area in Jeff Hafley. It's not official yet so hopefully he and a couple others can be convinced to stay, but we've done so well in Jersey recently that losing that momentum can really hurt.

NJ is looking real good again. Greg Webb will contend for the top spot and got offered by Alabama on Wednesday, and will eventually get from everyone. Muhammad out of Bosco is their next big DE recruit after Darius Hamilton, a bit more athletic but not nearly as strong. Eli Woodard also has offers from all the powerhouses but unfortunately for us, he's been a lock to Ohio State since even before Meyer got hired.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Both are out recruiting for Michigan and they have said their goal is the number one class in the country. I think that's asking a lot with the typical big name schools out there, but it's nice to see that kind of dedication.

I know my Dad said 'Bama had seven already, but I'm not sure if they are commits or just commits plus players they are targeting.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 star DL Kenny Bigelow is the Trojans 1st commit.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
5 star DL Kenny Bigelow is the Trojans 1st commit.

Hanging onto him is going to be absolutely key. I can't remember the last time we got a legit top 3 talent at that position and we are desperate on DL. He sounds solid but 14 months is a long time and our record with commits in their junior year isn't very good.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

UCLA has commits from QB Eddie Printz (Georgia) and CB Dashon Hunt (California). I have no idea how they will rate in the long run; neither are ranked on scout.com yet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #10
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Rivals 2013 rankings come out next week btw.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #11
MrBug708
Head Coach

Su'a Cravens has been recruited by USC forever and will likely be the top prospect in the West. I'm hopeful UCLA can get on him, but it would be a small miracle if he goes anywhere but USC
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Hanging onto him is going to be absolutely key. I can't remember the last time we got a legit top 3 talent at that position and we are desperate on DL. He sounds solid but 14 months is a long time and our record with commits in their junior year isn't very good.

Uko was #3 DT two years ago.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

2014 future 5* QB DeShawn Watson committs to Clemson.
lulz
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

I agree they'll have a great year. I'd be very surprised if they aren't the second ranked team in the conference.

Last edited by JPhillips : 02-04-2012 at 06:32 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I know my Dad said 'Bama had seven already, but I'm not sure if they are commits or just commits plus players they are targeting.

That's actually seven commits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I agree they'll have a great year. I'd be very surprised if they aren't the second ranked team in the conference.

Meh. Both schools will be bringing in top 10 if not top 5 classes as long as those coaching staffs are in place. Thankfully for Michigan that will likely be for longer.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan adds a 2013 TE in Detroit TE Khalid Hill. He will be a top 10 kid in the state next year. TE's are such a boom/bust position that I like taking a kid earlier and then focusing elsewhere with the rest of the class. Especially when we need TE's still.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Just came to post about it too. 4.0 student that was a life long Michigan fan so he was just waiting for the offer.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #18
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas is up to 4 verbals:

QB Tyrone Swoopes (nephew of Sheryl Swoops)
OL/DL Jake Raulerson
OL/DL A’Shawn Robinson
WR Jake Oliver

All four are in the top 10 of Texas HS recruit rankings.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Texas is up to 4 verbals:

QB Tyrone Swoopes (nephew of Sheryl Swoops)
OL/DL Jake Raulerson
OL/DL A’Shawn Robinson
WR Jake Oliver

All four are in the top 10 of Texas HS recruit rankings.

Do they really spell their names differently? I remember being amazed that Rutgers' Jonathan Freeny was related to Dwight Freeney.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Illinois 4* OL Kyle Bosch committed to Michigan today.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Do they really spell their names differently? I remember being amazed that Rutgers' Jonathan Freeny was related to Dwight Freeney.

No, I left the 'e' out of her last name.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan 4* ATH Wyatt Shallman commits to Michigan.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #23
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

This belongs in the "Things that make you old" thread. Fred Taylor's son commits to Florida.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
Mantle2600
High School Varsity

Ohio State already has 5* athlete Jalin Marshall, 4* corner Cameron Burrows, 4* dt Billy Price and 4* corner Eli Woodard

Browns. Cavs. Tribe. Buckeyes. Period.
Mantle2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #25
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantle2600 View Post
Ohio State already has 5* athlete Jalin Marshall, 4* corner Cameron Burrows, 4* dt Billy Price and 4* corner Eli Woodard

I read an article on Rivals that OSU might be the one to challenge 'Bama for #1 overall class from an early guess point. 'Bama already has 7 from the top 250 and looking at maybe getting the top 2 overall. Michigan I think will be up there as well. It's suppose to be a good year for the Midwest including Iowa and Wisconsin so the Big Ten might do well in recruiting this year.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan has two more commits coming. No names as of yet.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

4* OG David Dawson and 4* DB Jourdan Lewis of Detroit Cass Tech commit to Michigan.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan isn't even having a Junior Day today, there just happens to be a dozen kids in town for the Michigan/Ohio State hoops game.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Add 4* OL Chris Fox out of Colorado and 4* DE Taco Charlton out of Ohio to the board.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #30
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Reminds me when Michigan played ND at night and pulled in recruits from it. Players see the environment there and when Michigan wins it becomes difficult to say "No" to. I know they sent out an offer to a DL in Cal. but I think the player is taking their time in deciding. Getting Fox is also the 6th 4* player outside of Big Ten country that Hoke and gang have brought in.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

4* TE Jake Butt out of Ohio is number seven in the past 36 hours and yes are last two are Taco Butt.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #32
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Sweet!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #33
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

In one weekend Michigan got verbals from what should be more than 25% of it's class. Rivals only has one listed as not rated. If a player is rated, they are a four star. Michigan had twelve 4*/5* players last year. They are already at nine 4* players this year. Craziness.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #34
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Illinois 4* OT Logan Tuley-Tillman commits to Michigan tonight. Pretty fucking nuts. Four 4* OL in 36 hours.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan recruiting chat

Chat: Chat with Tom VanHaaren - SportsNation - ESPN
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #36
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds like one of OU's coaches tweeted to a number of recruits giving them his number, saying they had offers, and to call him back, which is a violation. It's suppose to be talked about on ESPN's SoonerNation.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

#12 for Michigan - 3* WR Jaron Dukes out of Ohio. Not the flashiest kid but he is a legit 6'3 and growing and has good hands. He faced 5* OSU commit Cam Burrows last year and had 170 yards which is always nice to see.

Still, UM needs at least one legit playmaker at WR in this class, though we lead with top 50 WR Laquon Treadwell out of Illinois. He would be the one we desperately need.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #38
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
#12 for Michigan - 3* WR Jaron Dukes out of Ohio. Not the flashiest kid but he is a legit 6'3 and growing and has good hands. He faced 5* OSU commit Cam Burrows last year and had 170 yards which is always nice to see.

Still, UM needs at least one legit playmaker at WR in this class, though we lead with top 50 WR Laquon Treadwell out of Illinois. He would be the one we desperately need.

Welcome aboard, Jaron.

Laquon, you're on notice. Make the wise choice, young man.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #39
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Sounds like one of OU's coaches tweeted to a number of recruits giving them his number, saying they had offers, and to call him back, which is a violation. It's suppose to be talked about on ESPN's SoonerNation.

D'oh!

Ricky Seals-Jones was one of the players Norvell offered via Twitter. Committed to the Longhorns this afternoon. Guess he should've tried Facebook instead...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #40
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yahoo has him 6'4" and Scout has him 6'5". Michigan's currently tallest receiver is 6'3".
Old 02-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
cartman
Death Herald

Seals-Jones is from Sealy, TX, and is a cousin of Sealy's most famous athlete, Eric Dickerson.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #42
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA had two verbals, 4/5* CB Dashon Hunt, locally here in LA and Eddie Printz, from Georgia who is a 3/4* QB.

Apparently they've picked up a verbal from Keyante Green, a RB/LB from Georgia whose offer list includes Florida State, UGa, GT, tOSU, Tenn, USC (SEC), and VT.

Any Georgia residents able to shed some light on either of the Georgia kids?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #43
DeToxRox
Head Coach

One of the better LBs in the 2013 class, E.J Levenberry named Michigan his leader today in an article on ESPN. Though other schools will be involved it is likely a UM/FSU battle.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #44
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Printz is a good athlete will likely be a DB on the next level, if he qualifies and keeps his act together
Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #45
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Printz is a good athlete will likely be a DB on the next level, if he qualifies and keeps his act together

A db?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #46
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
A db?

I know several local schools who liked the kid as an athlete/S but dont see D1 QB...then again some others...
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #47
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This is absurd now. 4* OL Patrick Kugler (Son of the Steelers OL coach) out of PA committed to Michigan today. He visited yesterday when Hoke wasn't even in town and fell in love with Ann Arbor. What's even worse is he was in Michigan to go to MSU's Junior Day today but decided to stop in AA first and never made it to East Lansing. He is going to play center at Michigan.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #48
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'm curious to see how MSU's Junior Day goes today.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #49
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I know several local schools who liked the kid as an athlete/S but dont see D1 QB...then again some others...

Well, if anything, it shows his athleticism
Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #50
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

As of 6:22pm, MSU still sits at 2 verbals, which is what they had before their Junior day. You have to figure to try and make some positive noise on this day. Ow.

Last edited by Matthean : 02-25-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote