Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #1
BKL
n00b

DDS Pro Football 20

Anyone play Draft Day Sports Pro Football 2020? Thoughts on the quality vs. FOF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

Started to play the demo. I am interested in historical and found the mods, installed them, yet still didn't find a draft mod for historical seasons. That stopped me every time in trying to play.

So it looks like it can be a good pro game (I have the college 19 version and play it all the time) but my concern is as mentioned above.

Of course once I start to play I would wonder on accurate stats/game results. I have read good reviews on that aspect.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:56 AM   #3
cdcool
n00b

I own it and play it.

I play CPU vs CPU as GM controlling all teams 32 Teams, 2020 finally allows that to my satisfaction. I trashed 2019. 2020 is a totally new game with many features added that makes it a contender to FOF, I like it better in some aspects. The small football field in FOF bothers me, I watch all the games.

The developer listened and made some of my suggested changes in the game. I don't call plays.

I recommend the game, I'm enjoying it.
cdcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
fortheglory
Mascot

yes, wondering how this stacks up compared to FOF?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:26 PM   #5
cdcool
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
Anyone play Draft Day Sports Pro Football 2020? Thoughts on the quality vs. FOF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Equal quality, It depends on how you play. I don't care about designing or calling plays.

Playing both now
Old 09-10-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool View Post
The small football field in FOF bothers me, I watch all the games.

Can you please explain this further? Something while "watching" Solevision in FOF? Just the graphics showing the position of the ball?
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #7
cdcool
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Can you please explain this further? Something while "watching" Solevision in FOF? Just the graphics showing the position of the ball?

In FOF 7, the 2D football field was longer, in FOF 8 it’s abbreviated, the ball switches from side to side with change of procession for each team because is much shorter. Yep it’s just the position of the ball. Solvision is the same.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheglory View Post
yes, wondering how this stacks up compared to FOF?

I downloaded the demo, but it lasted 30 minutes. It couldn’t cope with basic financials - every team in the league was $400m over the cap after a draft using NFL minimum salaries and current overall cap

That was all i needed to see unfortunately. One thing that did look really good though while i was discovering the extent of the cap hell was the year by year contract cap impact: if the actual contracts were anything like realistic, having this view would have been awesome and definitely some I hope FOF takes as an inspiration
AlexB is online now   Reply With Quote