Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
BKL
n00b

Defensive Statistics (Which Side is Which)?

When looking at various defensive statistics you can often see yards per rush to right, yards per rush to middle, etc. For example, on the team scouting report is shows on the right hand side the offensive and defensive rushing stats based on direction.

Here's my question: for the defensive statistics, is the direction given from the defense's perspective for the offensive perspective? For example, under defensive statistics, yards per rush to right....suppose it says 5.8. Does that mean that your opponent's offense is rushing on average 5.8 yards to THEIR right (and therefore the defensive left defensive end, left defensive tackle, left CB)? Or does it mean the opponent's offense is rushing on average 5.8 yards to YOUR right (and therefore on the side towards you right defensive end, right defensive tackle, right CB)?

Thanks!

BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

The answer to this and similar questions in the game could be ascertained by looking at the league "Team Statistics" screen, comparing the league average for offense (left, middle, right) and defense (left, middle, right).
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
BKL
n00b

Defensive Statistics (Which Side is Which)?

I am not sure how that would provide the answer. Can you elaborate? I am asking if the defensive stats for my team (left, right, etc.) are from the defensive perspective or offensive perspective. So for example if a team runs around the left side of their offensive line (which is around the right defensive end) does that count for my defense in as yards run to the left or right (since it is the offensive left side but the defensive right side).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BKL : 09-03-2019 at 12:11 PM.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #4
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Use the league average
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #5
Dawgfan19
High School JV

As suggested, review the league averages. You will find the rush average for running right is the same for both the offense and the defense.

Last edited by Dawgfan19 : 09-03-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote