Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #2001
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I really hope that thread doesn't get deleted, because I think post game it will be fun to read, in a disgusting sort of way.

About 3 days ago I said that about the lupus tribe thread. Now I don't know if i will even go back and read any of them. I enjoy playing WW with folks here, and really enjoy most of the people. I don't want to read things that change that for me.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #2002
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I'm here too.

I hope he knows he's not supposed to be posting in here
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #2003
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I hope he knows he's not supposed to be posting in here

lol

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #2004
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
About 3 days ago I said that about the lupus tribe thread. Now I don't know if i will even go back and read any of them. I enjoy playing WW with folks here, and really enjoy most of the people. I don't want to read things that change that for me.

it's just a game if anyone took anything personally then they take WW way too seriously.

I even said some stuff in here I don't regret, but got pissed about. it even involves now current teammates who if they really wanted could take the long journey back and read it.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #2005
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
lol
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #2006
path12
Coordinator

BTW, I'm out for the evening. The lovely and erudite Ms. Path has spoken. Good luck to us.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #2007
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Really?

I didn't think we were all that interesting, other than blindsiding Blade (which was only like a 15-minute period), we worked pretty well together and seemed to get along well.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #2008
SnDvls
Pro Starter

from the common thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I suspect that this will go down as one of the great meltdowns in WW history

I get it now..guess I should have read that one first. LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #2009
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeah, that's why I laughed Sun.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #2010
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Really?

I didn't think we were all that interesting, other than blindsiding Blade (which was only like a 15-minute period), we worked pretty well together and seemed to get along well.

I don't remember the full context, but its back about 1500 posts or so in this thread I bet. It mainly was due to watching the stuff the day you couldnt talk in the thread. Just felt like the wheels were coming off for lupus at the time, and we commented we would love to know what was happening there.

I guess the same thing happened with oz the following day and now with Howard. I hope we don't have a wheels off moment like that.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #2011
st.cronin
General Manager

Oz never really got dramatic, except for when we had guests viewing the thread, we just didn't have good participation.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #2012
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if anyone cares, but this is the words I came up with today that were 1 point behind what path submitted:

Across:

0 XXX
4 espy
4 iced
7 magenta
0 XXX
0 XXX
6 opiate
4 knit
4 giro
5 cheep

Down:

8 bregmata
7 fustian
6 jargon
9 nastiness
7 rampage
7 threats
7 paladin
5 lambs
7 hustled
7 demigod
Old 02-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #2013
SnDvls
Pro Starter

since it's past deadline

I stumbled across the actual puzzle with a solution that used all the letters so I PM'ed BK to exclude myself from this challenge that is why
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #2014
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
since it's past deadline

I stumbled across the actual puzzle with a solution that used all the letters so I PM'ed BK to exclude myself from this challenge that is why

yeah no sweat. I'm not holding it against you, I think it was perfectly appropriate what you did. I'm a little dissapointed at our turnout on this one, but I understand fully why you had to remove yourself from it. Was the only appropriate thing.

I won't hold that against you.. (however saying you'd vote out the Oz members in Howard tribe I can!)
Old 02-14-2007, 09:17 PM   #2015
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I won't hold that against you.. (however saying you'd vote out the Oz members in Howard tribe I can!)

that's mainly a in game personal thing. I think in the end we'll find out that they have hurt us more than then have helped us by hiding info, backtracking, not being up front ect.

heck GE might still be around with a bodyguard or idol protecting him if we were more aware of what the heck was going on.

it really does make more sense numbers wise to have Anxiety/Kwhit in there, basing it off the info we had/have now. I guess we can't make assumptions or jump to conclusions until we have all the info too. or proof that the assumptions are correct.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:11 PM   #2016
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well some interesting nominations by Howard to say the least.
it will make for an interesting tomorrow that is for sure
Old 02-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #2017
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Helsing for the first time is going to tribal council. Hoopsguy will be along at some point to ask some questions. You are morally obligated to ask these questions. All TC votes are done to me by PM. For this tribal council, Howard got to nominate two people, so all votes must be for either cronin or Alan.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #2018
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, this is what the Helsing grounds look like ... was beginning to wonder if I would ever set foot here. I'm sure that everyone is upset with the recent events that have taken place - usually we do not have people being butchered on Survivor. Hard way to make a million bucks, eh?

With Howard's victory today they earned the right to pit two of your members against each other in the council. A couple of questions:
1.) Knowing that you have to vote between either Alan or Cronin, what are your thoughts on the choices made by Howard?
2.) Does the original tribe membership of the two (Helsing and Oz) play a large role in your voting decision?

On final note - the network is ecstatic with our decision to take the show to realtime this year. It was a tough sell initially, but the formula of combining Survivor with a teen slasher movie seems to really hitting a sweet spot with the 18-35 demographic. Also, please remember that our sponsors appreciate proper product placement. So don't forget to have the "Blue Diamond Walnut" label facing the cameras when you are snacking during the day - you should know who I'm talking to here ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:31 PM   #2019
st.cronin
General Manager

answers:

1. They're certainly defensible picks.
2. Well, I'll probably be voting for Alan. But I could understand people voting for either one of us. It's certainly possible that somebody in oz was turned.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 PM   #2020
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

1. I think the choices were very odd. why not kill Path or Swaggs.
2. I will probably vote for cronin. Alan has worked hard for our tribe and even if he is a wolf I think will continue to work hard to help us win challengs. This is by no means me being critical of Cronin but I am loyal to Helsing.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #2021
st.cronin
General Manager

I changed my mind about question 1. I think those picks were about the worst possible picks they could make.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #2022
Swaggs
Coordinator

1. I find it hard to believe that they didn't choose me, since the numbers do indicate a 1:3 chance of me being a wolf. If they are trying to weaken us as a tribe, it makes sense, because Alan has been very strong in the competitions and cronin is also a good player. But, I feel like our team is playing to find and kill the werewolf.

2. I am leaning in one direction, but I'll make up my mind based on tomorrow's challenge.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #2023
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I guess they are trying to weaken us as a tribe
Old 02-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #2024
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I guess they are trying to weaken us as a tribe

Which is odd, since it appeared that a number of them were willing to help us win the challenge yesterday.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #2025
st.cronin
General Manager

AlanT has been a lot more useful as a tribe member. Also, I need to tell you guys that I will not be around Saturday and Sunday.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #2026
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, so if i am understanding st.cronin right and he is saying kwhit and anxiety, then with swaggs, path and me that would be the majority to send in...

Not quite the group of people I expected to agree with me today on this, but so be it. Just trying to stick with whats made us successful so far.. sticking with the majority.
Sorry I didn't weigh in on this when it counted, but I would have agreed with that choice. Not that it matters much now.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #2027
st.cronin
General Manager

Actually I think I understand their strategy. Somebody over there thinks Alan is a wolf, so they figured pair him up with me and we'd have to vote him off. That's somewhat canny.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 11:30 PM   #2028
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Answers to the questions:
1. I somewhat understand the choice of Alan: he accidentally posted something that they think he shouldn't have had access to. The question is, though, who drove it? JE knows where the info Alan posted came from, and if he supported this move, then he's not playing in the best interests of the villagers, though very possibly he's playing in the best interests of himself.

The choice of st.cronin makes no sense at all, from either a WW perspective or a survivor perspective, from my POV. He's not carrying us in challenges, and he's a very low likelihood wolf. The only thing I can think of here is that they basically want to push us to dump Alan.

Basically, on our side of things Howard's choices suck. On their side of things, they're not optimal but they could be worse.

2. I don't know how much of a role it plays in my final decision, because that hasn't been made yet, but it certainly plays a significant role in my consideration. I've been working with Alan since day 1, and as a former Ozzite st.cronin was one of the guys that I was planning to leave off.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #2029
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, me and st.cronin just noticed the same thing.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #2030
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, are we trying to protect the line of communication through the private former tribe thread?

Old 02-14-2007, 11:34 PM   #2031
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Double dola, are we trying to protect the line of communication through the private former tribe thread?

I've been trying to ignore that whole thing. If the guys in the old howard thread want to exploit for whatever purpose, I'm not going to get involved. It's hard enough to figure out what's going on without bringing that whole thing into it.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 11:39 PM   #2032
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The basic problem we have is that on the one hand, we could continue to get useful info from it, but on the other hand, at least some of Howard didn't consider that Alan might have gotten inside info from that channel, and JE obviously did nothing to disabuse them of that notion.

I guess maybe the best thing to do is to burn the channel if and when we want to get JE in hot water with the rest of Howard.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:40 PM   #2033
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, oh, I see JE has actually said that he didn't mention the ITC votes to path. Open season, I guess.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #2034
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The basic problem we have is that on the one hand, we could continue to get useful info from it, but on the other hand, at least some of Howard didn't consider that Alan might have gotten inside info from that channel, and JE obviously did nothing to disabuse them of that notion.

I guess maybe the best thing to do is to burn the channel if and when we want to get JE in hot water with the rest of Howard.

Yeah, I think JE is either a wolf or a really stupid villager. I think we make hay with this.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 11:46 PM   #2035
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm asking him what he told path. JE seems to have jumped on the itc getting votes thing... which path never said he was. path inferred that itc was "getting heat", and Alan followed that with a post in the challenge thread mentioning "getting votes".

Old 02-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #2036
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm asking him what he told path. JE seems to have jumped on the itc getting votes thing... which path never said he was. path inferred that itc was "getting heat", and Alan followed that with a post in the challenge thread mentioning "getting votes".

Yeah, I think it's obvious that JE is lying to his tribe though.

knives out
Old 02-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #2037
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yeah, I think it's obvious that JE is lying to his tribe though.

seems that way to me as well
Old 02-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #2038
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

But to what end?

Remember that he was more than a little annoyed at the Helsing/Oz coalition that was going to end up tilting at him after running off Lupus.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #2039
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, what I'm getting at is, he's not necessarily doing this as a wolf play. He might be doing it as a survivor play.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #2040
st.cronin
General Manager

Without looking at the other tribe's thread, it's hard to know. It could be that JE was going to get voted off if he didn't pull something. I think the best thing we can do is let the other tribe figure out if he's a wolf or not.

knives out
Old 02-15-2007, 06:30 AM   #2041
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

1. It was an outstanding choice on their part... (if you're a wolf or don't have any interest in voting a wolf off).

2. It plays a big part, but not as much because of tribe loyalties but because of what we know about the tribes. We know there is a wolf among the former Lupus members, and it seems pretty obvious that the Howard wolf is still there. Could a member of Oz have been converted? Sure perhaps. Is there a helsing wolf out there? yes there is. However its just a case of low hanging fruit here. You get the places that have the most likelihood of finding a wolf the fastest.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:26 AM   #2042
SnDvls
Pro Starter

1. They were probally the worst choices they could have made IMO from the information we have.
2. Like lathum I too will probably vote for cronin. Original Helsing made a pact and I'm sticking to it even thought the chance of nabbing a wolf by voting Alan is much greater than St. C in the end it could still be at worst (assuming a conversion 4-2 for the villagers)
Old 02-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #2043
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Cronin, its no suprise I will be forced to vote for you today. While I think its a 50/50 chance you are a converted Oz member (based on no first night wolf kill after -all- night actions were allowed I assume there is a conversion and assume it would be in Oz), I think there were far better choices to be picked from our team.

I'm a bit stunned at who they chose, not only for my name being there, but yours too. I appreciate after the first few minutes of not getting along, your willingness to work with our team since joining. The other team definitly crippled us some today, and I don't see that it was to get a WW at all. Sorry that one of us will have to leave tonight.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #2044
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm only up to 825 posts for this game. You all can't vote me off until I hit 1000!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #2045
st.cronin
General Manager

no hard feelings at all, alan

knives out
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #2046
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today's challenge.. unscramble these questions and PM the answers:

1. outstitpylaulawotout
2. yoikvoltloitrsleorlrkfetotevolersiglwwktteegwhowhasroeef
3. tjticeouttrrndkogesroiddikaasnadaedeyh
4. cgtvgfiuoeemoermieetmlmsetaottrapaasbxlnh
5.ofyttqntdmunuouyftsryufoscdnooaysknoauowaoeudrunotwybtjnyhaiutfnchcaosoasomuecryorrentrookh
6. gvwpnaethsipaehisasagvaenssytn
7. nnshersiscanhulgndraiamiretermcotdamdedoiacbaatgleuayfnmytntelreeoetdrarsgnsoeilrlternhdah
8. klsegadatmiiiLchlaocryleeuucrcyhsm
9. crihaladiingaeaehwlilehebsdowovethnlh
10. fdesnsgesuseogtwyhiusbotsainueeefrdcthtitedhtreetnorpo
Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #2047
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

#1 out wit out play out last

I think... need to reverify the letters. If its correct, someone submit it fast
Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #2048
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
#1 out wit out play out last

I think... need to reverify the letters. If its correct, someone submit it fast

that was my guess too

submit it
Old 02-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #2049
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

just sent it in, the letters are correct. working on #2 now.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:22 AM   #2050
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

we can't submit our next one until 10:33, I can only submit one more answer today. I have a conference call in about 9 minutes, but will keep working on these during it as best as I can.