Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2006, 07:37 AM   #2401
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also curious who Lathum would have attacked that night. I had left Swaggs alone on Night 1 to be there on Night 2 with two attackers.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 AM   #2402
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Man, i can't believe swaggs died.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 AM   #2403
stevew
Hall Of Famer

you suck more at this game, then you do in the RWBL playoffs charlie.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #2404
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I think it was more the fact that there were stronger candidates for lynch-Chubby, DC, GE than him for a long while. At one point I almost asked in the thread if this was typical play from Alan (whom I've never played with before) because he was acting so passively I thought.

In looking over my notes I have to laugh at the Day 1 vote by Alan on Hoops because they almost always have been on opposite sides. That should have been our cue to lynch Alan right there!

So what was the reasoning for picking Lathum as your night kill? That was just wild that you got him on the night he likely would have acted.

That was just a mistake on my part. Goldeneagle and I even talked about the possibility of Lathum being bad based on what he said that day after the lynch. I just have seen too many games where 1 villager switches votes between a villager vs villager runoff lynch cause everyone to waste three days trying to determine if there was a wolf there or not. Killing Lathum there was our attempt to stop that from happening (and keeping Goldeneagle from getting smoked out early).

The funny part was the kill that night was between Greyroofoo and Lathum, I wonder how things would have went if I had chosen Grey there instead.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #2405
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, the big assumption that I was talking about was that Anxiety was the seer. I'm not sure if hoops got it or not.

Hoops, I thought for sure that you realized that I was attacked and that you had blocked it. I thought you were pretending to act like they had attacked you to see if it was drawing anyone out. And, I thought it was in Pass. He repeatedly was trying to clarify who you protected and I thought you were just handing him more rope and confuse them into thinking that maybe you had not protected me that night, so that they would consider that you might protect me the upcoming night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Hoops, I like where you are going today and it looks like it might be serving its purpose. Someone is standing out a bit because of it. Agreed?

Also, your largest, in my opinion, assumption about this game is true.

Hopefully all this makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I don't get why they would attack hoops, and not grey or swaggs.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #2406
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
What I'd like to know is: What the hell were you thinking Chubby? I just don't understand your play at all now that roles have been revealed. It lead to you being lynched and provided a safe spot for a rev to hide and to use against the rest of us good guys that voted for you.

Definitely. Although, it was really just good luck that led the vote to turn out that way. I mean, Chubby didn't know it would turn out like that, and even though I hid there as a rev, I didn't even know I was a rev when I made the vote. I guess maybe you could say he was rolling the dice, as it were -- forcing the game to hinge on his play. But I think luck was on the revs side.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #2407
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

OK, I guess I can finally talk again in this game. Chubby...I told you the rule changes meant nothing. I can't believe I got lynched over that.

Even though this game had no role reveals on death, this could have been a lot easier for the villagers. With no role reveals, we needed our seers to speak out much earlier. Grey should have been out with all kinds of info, and Bek shouldn't have ever taken the chance of getting killed without revealing. A 50/50 chance to live isn't enough when the stakes are this high. The villagers took a gamble on having all kinds of information to give out at the end, and they ended giving out almost none. PMs should have been sent on day 2 or 3 with additional reveals later. The only reason people were flying blind on day 8 was because the villagers made it that way.

Alan, I had you pegged as evil right after I died. You had been acting suspiciously, and then you kept putting me in the group that had to be evil because too many people claimed to be sheep. I never mentioned what animal I was and I can't believe nobody even asked you why you thought I was a sheep. It was so frustrating to watch that and all of the conversations assuming I was bad and I couldn't tell anyone that I really wasn't.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #2408
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

AlanT was #2 on my CoDT remember
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #2409
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm also curious who Lathum would have attacked that night. I had left Swaggs alone on Night 1 to be there on Night 2 with two attackers.

iirc, lathum told me he was on his way to kill realdeal when alanT snuck up behind him and killed him (his logic for RD was that he is always a big supporter of reveals and likes to get lots of info out asap, so lathum wanted to kill him before he got that started)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #2410
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
iirc, lathum told me he was on his way to kill realdeal when alanT snuck up behind him and killed him (his logic for RD was that he is always a big supporter of reveals and likes to get lots of info out asap, so lathum wanted to kill him before he got that started)

See, the bad guys know that the more info out early in the game, the worse off they are. Why can't villagers realize that? Of our three seer-ish players, two died without revealing and a third made a half-ass reveal while drunk and never made clear who he was or everything he knew. WHY? Remember, when you reveal, yes, you let the wolves know who you are, but you also let the bodyguard know who you are, and the wolves know that. Actually, the bg is the only role that I don't always think should reveal early.

Information is the ultimate enemy of wolves. Secrets are the wolves' best weapon.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:31 PM   #2411
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
See, the bad guys know that the more info out early in the game, the worse off they are. Why can't villagers realize that? Of our three seer-ish players, two died without revealing and a third made a half-ass reveal while drunk and never made clear who he was or everything he knew. WHY? Remember, when you reveal, yes, you let the wolves know who you are, but you also let the bodyguard know who you are, and the wolves know that. Actually, the bg is the only role that I don't always think should reveal early.

Information is the ultimate enemy of wolves. Secrets are the wolves' best weapon.

I had already put the info out there and was Night Killed, not lynched, so don't inlude me in your list.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #2412
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

the only part of your theory i have an issue with/question about, is the timing...i dont thing the seer should reveal on day one...they need to wait until they have some sort of information to come out with, even if it is all just clearing good guys, especially if the BG has an every other night restriction. but after the last few games, i cant disagree with you at all.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #2413
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, what post is the role listing in, i cant find it.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #2414
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here ya go Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Roles:

Seers:

Full Seer - Anxiety
Lynch Seer - Bek
Night Seer - Greyroofoo

Revs:

GoldenEagle
Alan T

Sympathizer - Pass

Reverse Seer - Gramm

Pilkington - Lathum

Bodyguard - Hoopsguy

Duke - Swaggs
Old 09-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #2415
saldana
Pro Starter

thanks alan, but you are still my new day one vote from now on.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #2416
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
thanks alan, but you are still my new day one vote from now on.

Aww but I helped keep you alive in the last game before this!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #2417
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Aww but I helped keep you alive in the last game before this!

true, but considering how you whine all the time about your early exits, you dont seem to have a problem sentencing me to the sidelines...this was the 2nd or 3rd time you have whacked me in the first 1 or 2 days.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:47 AM   #2418
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It was difficult to follow this game being where I am. I've concluded that I should either wait till I get back to the States to play again or play in a game where I have an opportunity during my work shift to cast a vote.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #2419
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

AlanT= ASS

I can't believe he killed me on my way to killing realdeal, The look on my face must have been priceless when I got my PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #2420
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Old 09-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #2421
Thomkal
Head Coach

The looks on our faces were priceless when we good guys found out you were Pilkerton.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #2422
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The looks on our faces were priceless when we good guys found out you were Pilkerton.

I kept trying to make something about all the people who misspelled Pilkington. At first, I thought that whoever actually was Pilkington might spell it right all the time. Then I figured that whoever was Pilkington would make a concerted effort to spell it wrong. Then I figured that I had no hope of figuring out who was Pilkington based on this. Then I figured that I was the only one spelling Pilkington right the whole time, which would make people think *I* was Pilkington!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #2423
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just call him Peckerton and move on

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #2424
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

who won?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #2425
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In a game with zero information? Ugh. Path should hope we never meet in real life

Heh. I did not expect the flavor to be interpreted as it was, for the record. But I didn't feel it fair to point out that it was indeed just flavor once the theories started bouncing around.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #2426
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Rough game. What made it tough is that we didn't really gain significantly more info as this game progressed. The villagers were in the dark on Day 8 almost as much as Day 1.

I expected more reveals than actually happened, and would probably have a theory handy about it if I hadn't been up and on a plane for the past twenty-five hours.

Suffice to say that Snowball's relatively early death didn't help, and offhand I really thought you would have heard more from Moses and Clover. But then again, I also thought that Squealer's role would be far more disruptive than it actually ended up being -- that was a role that was intended to be over the top with false reveals/accusations.....which might have helped either side gain some focus and/or information.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:56 PM   #2427
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I also don't understand why it was not allowed to say you had the tiebreak. I didn't see the reason for that at all. I think it could have made the game more fun as it could have allowed for potential gamesmanship.

The reason was because I only had good regular villagers as tiebreakers. In hindsight I would have done that differently.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:44 AM   #2428
Thomkal
Head Coach

Welcome back Path, enjoyed the game for the short time I was in it.

The tiebreakers only went to good villagers? That's another reason I need to smack you along with the rule changes meaning nothing. I thought it could go to the bad guys so I held on to it when I got it.

I'm not sure how you thought we would see the rules as flavor only. I mean they are rules and they changed. Added a lot of unnecessary confusion if they meant nothing. In any case, thanks for running the game.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote