Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #101
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
It didn't help that both Chief and I fed you BS via PM to keep you as confused as possible =)

True, although what really got me was this:

When I initially switched my vote to Alan T., I thought he was good and was trying to see if people would follow and I truly had the intention of switching my vote right at deadline. But Alan's reaction via PM was so over the top that I thought he had to be a wolf or he missed the reference. So I PM'ed him again pointing him back to it but got a similar response and thought, "well, he MUST be a wolf" so I didn't bother questioning anything else.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #102
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote pb
vote nightfall

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #103
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I couldn't have played that any worse and accept any and all mockery and derision from now until the end of time.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I couldn't have played that any worse and accept any and all mockery and derision from now until the end of time.

We have all made poor decisions in WW games. I wouldn't beat myself up too much on this one if I were you. You will make mistakes again, and so will I, and Render, and if he continues to play, claphamsa, too.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 PM   #105
path12
Coordinator

Well, that was quick.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 PM   #106
path12
Coordinator

Kind of funny that Alan and I had pretty much figured out who was who day 1 and we're still going to lose!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 PM   #107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Is it wrong for me to be doom and gloom if my death means the end of the game?

I was convinced the two good guys were PB and Path and I was right on their roles. Then when PB made his move I secondguessed it all and started wondering if Chief was the duke after all.. then he moved his vote and I just gave up.

The reason I thought I was wrong about PB was.. you don't move from a known bad guy to vote for a maybe good, maybe bad guy on a hunch when it could cost you the game. All I wanted was PB to confirm he was not the seer which would have locked in my trust for both Path and him. Instead of responding, he went the other way and voted for me, then later sent a halfway apology PM.. at that point after he moved his vote, I figured I guessed wrong about him and was kicking myself.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #108
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, happy bday though PurdueBrad!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #109
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Is it wrong for me to be doom and gloom if my death means the end of the game?

No, I just associated it with wolf desperation, particularly when I said that basically my vote switch was temporary. At that point, I was choosing between Chief and Path at that point as possible wolves and was seeing if one or the other would come along, essentially outing themselves. But then I just completely misread both your PM reaction and thread reaction.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 PM   #110
path12
Coordinator

I thought it was an automatic vote on Chief. The only way he says what he does is if:

1) He is looking for the wolves, finds them, and they have an instant 3 vote block.
2) He is a duke looking for a wolf in order to switch the vote.
3) He is a wolf trying to get folks to look the other way.

#1 by far is the most dangerous possibility. He has to be lynched if you're good.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:15 AM   #111
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
We have all made poor decisions in WW games. I wouldn't beat myself up too much on this one if I were you. You will make mistakes again, and so will I, and Render, and if he continues to play, claphamsa, too.

Im sure I will, i need to disect this game when i get bored at work tommorow. I have no idea what happend. I sent a joke pm to i think chief, and they believed me. im so confused, but i have to go cook a turkey now.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:21 AM   #112
Barkeep49
Coordinator

For all intensive purposes the game is over. I messed up in changing it from 8 to 6. I should have had the wolves not know who each other were. I think that would have provided an extra level of difficulty that likely could have made it more balanced. I would like to run it again at some point with the full 8 players since I think we saw some of the potential here for deception and gameplay. Thanks to the six of you for playing. Sorry I messed up the game design.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #113
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
For all intensive purposes the game is over. I messed up in changing it from 8 to 6. I should have had the wolves not know who each other were. I think that would have provided an extra level of difficulty that likely could have made it more balanced. I would like to run it again at some point with the full 8 players since I think we saw some of the potential here for deception and gameplay. Thanks to the six of you for playing. Sorry I messed up the game design.

I found the PM mechanic fun. What was it like on your end?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #114
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I found the PM mechanic fun. What was it like on your end?
It was very interesting. I expected a ploy like Chief's and so it was neat watching it play out behind the scenes. Also interesting were Alan's attempts to figure out everyone's roles by having them eliminate one. I loved the comparison of it, though, to a phising scheme. That made me laugh.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #115
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't think you messed it up at all. Path and I were talking in PM that we had pretty much everyone figured out what roles everyone was. It was ours to win/lose and we just couldn't convince PB. I think this ruleset was just fine honestly BK.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #116
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't think you messed it up at all. Path and I were talking in PM that we had pretty much everyone figured out what roles everyone was. It was ours to win/lose and we just couldn't convince PB. I think this ruleset was just fine honestly BK.
Yeah but there shouldn't be an all or nothing d1.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #117
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep, good game, and I liked the PM mechanic as well.

I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the WW players out there (and didn't want to start a new thread to say it). Hope you all have a great couple days with your various friends/families and thanks to you guys for the entertainment over the last couple months. Glad I stumbled into here.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #118
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah but there shouldn't be an all or nothing d1.

The only reason it was so cut and dried is the lack of filler players. With every single player havin a role it allowed the free=PM-ing to set up insta-win scenarios.

more people is all that ruleset needs =)

great game!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #119
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Barkeep, good game, and I liked the PM mechanic as well.

I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the WW players out there (and didn't want to start a new thread to say it). Hope you all have a great couple days with your various friends/families and thanks to you guys for the entertainment over the last couple months. Glad I stumbled into here.

Ditto. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!