claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

prety sure yeah!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #1852
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

This was loads of fun! It was my second time as a wolf... and my second time fuckign up and getting axed! hmmmmm

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #1853
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I set mine @ $100K like I said I was doing

also I think the fact that Arles never showed as my "original" heir I should have gotten to switch it without having to pay, but I never pushed the issue and I should have.
Yeah, I think Barkeep should have offered to let you change it when Arles left the game, assuming I hadn't examined it using the lawyer yet.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #1854
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

So my question is... how did the game end? Jackall got lynched..... I dont see a count of who was left...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:28 AM   #1855
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
So my question is... how did the game end? Jackall got lynched..... I dont see a count of who was left...

Only SnDvls was left and the wolves had a kill with the night. So he just (rightly) assumed the game was over.

I won FOB on Days Four and Seven.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #1856
path12
Coordinator

I still can't believe I changed my beneficiary to Pass. What a moron. I had already nailed him earlier in the day and then talked myself out of it.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm the moron, not Pass.

Last edited by path12 : 02-16-2008 at 12:37 AM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 AM   #1857
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Also, would the rich people have won if we'd done endgame when i voted it a few days ago? Just curious.

Both Pass and I kept track most of the way through of how much money we estimated the villagers had. I think we figured that the village would have won if they voted end game every day except 2.. The day that we pulled the switch-a-roo on Tyrith and killed him plus the day Chief bid huge on the underworld connections. Other than that I think we would have lost the other days.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #1858
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm still not sure how I gave Chief the wrong FOB info, as it appears I did. I'm glad it didn't make a difference.

I really think the game was balanced since the villagers were ahead several times and could have voted to end the game. If they had listened to CR and voted to end the game basically any night they'd have won. Because of money people had in CDs the wolves were ahead Days 6 & 7, but the villagers had more money Days 5, 8, and 9. On Day 8, the villagers were ahead 2-1, but the late sniping on DT wiped out that advantage, giving them only a slight advantage on Day 9.

Alan: The tiebreaker was order people signed up. So Render signed up 4th and beat you with the 30k bid signing up 6th.

And the wolves didn't play a perfect game. For instance they neutered their own PMs gaining no strategic benefit, as I'd determined prior to the start of the game that if the PM block was used that there would be no announcement. I figured if the wolves won it, they'd just do nothing with it, or do the everybody PM option. Failing to break the tie that day could have been very costly, since bankrupting, not killing people, was the way for the wolves to get ahead in this game.

I'll point out that Arles, unlike Swaggs, did show up to play, having sent in his Night 0 orders. Swaggs was my fault and should have never been listed in the game, it should have been ntn instead.

Overall, I think the wolves did what they needed to do in order to win. It might have been slightly stacked against them, but their ability to coordinate money and bids was a significant advantage that did play out to their favor.

If there are other questions I can answer I'll do my best to answer them. I'd be particularly interested in hearing feedback about the unusual mechanics for this game (how people could be killed, it was their money which was important, voting multiple times, no unvoting, voting to end the game are some of the ones I can think of right away).

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-16-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #1859
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's the original bribe amounts. There was definitely a nice range in amounts and the wolves only overpaid by 20k with Mr. W, far less than if they'd converted DaddyT, Tyrith, or the Jackal.

1. Lathum 100,000
2. Pass NA
3. hoopsguy 70,000
4. path
5. Render 50,000
6. Arles 75,000
7. Alan T NA
8. The Jackal 20,000
9. Chief Rum 60,001
10. mauboy 35,000
11. Schmidty 75,000
12. claphamsa NA
13. SnDvls 100,000
14. Mr. Wednesday 80,000
16. DaddyTorgo 20,000
17. saldana 42,827
18. Tyrith 20,000
Old 02-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #1860
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fun game, although it just sucks to see it end with villager apathy.

Alan, add me to the list who will be gunning for you in mid/late game, at least until I see one time where it actually is a wolf setup.

Nice execution by the wolves down the stretch. Would love to play this format again, but it doesn't make sense if players are not committed to actively playing over the lifetime of the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #1861
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Fun game, although it just sucks to see it end with villager apathy.

Nice.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #1862
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with hoops. It sucks to put in 2 weeks in a game and have it end with the remaining good players not being active.

That being said, Friday night at 10:00 is a tough deadline and regardless of the situation in game I'm not sure I would sacrifice my social time for a game of WW.

I really thing we need to not have friday night deadlines.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #1863
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree with hoops. It sucks to put in 2 weeks in a game and have it end with the remaining good players not being active.

That being said, Friday night at 10:00 is a tough deadline and regardless of the situation in game I'm not sure I would sacrifice my social time for a game of WW.

For what it is worth, I think the Valentine's day deadline was a bigger issue this game than the friday night one.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #1864
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I can get behind that -- if I the night I died were not a Friday, I probably wouldn't have passed my money, and could have saved myself. Especially since we go slow on the weekend anyway, I can see doing without Friday night.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #1865
saldana
Pro Starter

barkeep,

can you clarify for me if i really had the BG service the night i died?

it would suck if i really did, as i had originally typed that i would protect myself, and then changed it to protect hoops.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #1866
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
barkeep,

can you clarify for me if i really had the BG service the night i died?

it would suck if i really did, as i had originally typed that i would protect myself, and then changed it to protect hoops.
No you were out bid that night.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:09 AM   #1867
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I didnt like the cost for unvoting.... It really beat down a lot of discussion, and random vote tossing. And once I had about 3 votes on me there was no way to talk myself out of it....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #1868
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For what it is worth, I think the Valentine's day deadline was a bigger issue this game than the friday night one.

I agree. We really should have thought ahead and run a longer day that day...shit...even carried it over till Monday. If I had had even one more villager in the thread with me there on V-day I might have been saved and we might have won the game.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #1869
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Only SnDvls was left and the wolves had a kill with the night. So he just (rightly) assumed the game was over.

I won FOB on Days Four and Seven.

actually only Schmidty & The Jackayl were left w/ the 2 wolves I was night killed.

I was not the one giving up and assuming game over...just want that clarified
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #1870
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
actually only Schmidty & The Jackayl were left w/ the 2 wolves I was night killed.

Fair enough. Sorry to have indirectly implicated you.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #1871
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I didn't totally give up. I thought it was basically over. I was hardly on the computer that day, and made the wrong play; however, I resent the fact that everyone keeps saying that I was simply apathetic. I made a knee-jerk assumption, that if I could go back, I would change. I should have looked at things closer, and I admit that.

And for what it's worth, if anyone has a problem with me, PM me or call me out by name (like SnDvls did), instead of being gossiping little fucktards and moaning about me behind my back.

I was actually seriously thinking about quitting WW altogether, but I have decided that I won't. I'm going cast aside this "I'm terrible at WW" thing, and go back to what I used to be a looooooong time ago: An aggressive, obssessed, kick-your-ass player. If people don't like it, oh well. But I'll be damned if I'm going to be called apethetic and let you little weasels talk shit about me again.

Rawwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Schmidty : 02-18-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #1872
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Schmidty - not saying you did I should have clarified that too sorry.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #1873
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I didn't totally give up. I thought it was basically over. I was hardly on the computer that day, and made the wrong play; however, I resent the fact that everyone keeps saying that I was simply apathetic. I made a knee-jerk assumption, that if I could go back, I would change. I should have looked at things closer, and I admit that.

And for what it's worth, if anyone has a problem with me, PM me or call me out by name (like SnDvls did), instead of being gossiping little fucktards and moaning about me behind my back.

I was actually seriously thinking about quitting WW altogether, but I have decided that I won't. I'm going cast aside this "I'm terrible at WW" thing, and go back to what I used to be a looooooong time ago: An aggressive, obssessed, kick-your-ass player. If people don't like it, oh well. But I'll be damned if I'm going to be called apethetic and let you little weasels talk shit about me again.

Rawwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schmidty, I'm going to assume you are talking about me here given that you quoted my message earlier and again used the term apathetic.

I wasn't around to watch hour by hour as the deadline counted down - I saw the results. And at the deadline on the last night the only two people who were around were the wolves. Similarly, you and Jackal cast votes to end the game when there was no way to carry 60% of the vote with four players left and two clearly identified wolves still in the group.

The only way to win the game was to invest money as votes, but neither person did that. Similarly, there were no other villagers around (based on posts near the deadline) to help DaddyTorgo the night he got smoked.

I was bummed to see what I thought was a very compelling game, that could have gone either way, turn on the willingness of the wolves to show up at the deadline. If that one factor had been matched by the remaining villagers I think they win the game.

I'm sorry you are taking it personally that I said "villager apathy" lost the game. Actually, that is a crappy apology - I'm sorry for saying what I typed because it is a shitty soundbite. I should have originally posted longer thoughts, like I have now done, which invite a better conversation.

I wanted the villagers to win this game. I thought it was there to be won. It is disappointing that it did not happen. But the last thing I'm looking to do is aggravate fellow posters in the wrap-up session. I'll choose my words more carefully next time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #1874
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

RRRRRAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #1875
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Put me down with hoops. Schmidty is a big boy; he can take it and doesn't need to be babied.

The villagers did get apathetic at the end, and anyone who was still alive needs to accept their accountability for that. I don't frankly think it's warranted that Schmidty or anyone left in the game should go off on anyone else after how they played the end of that game.

There was another villager, but he seems to know he made a mistake and hasn't gotten all sanctimonious on us.

Schmidty, love ya man. But you're just plain wrong. Glad you said you made a mistake. Now don't go off on us for pointing it out. And I look forward to playing with you in the next game.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #1876
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Glad you said you made a mistake. Now don't go off on us for pointing it out. And I look forward to playing with you in the next game.

It's one thing to politely point out that I didn't make the right play, but it's another thing for people to insinuate that I just didn't care. I don't mind people critiquing my skills, but to say that I was apathetic is almost an insult to my character.

Anyway, I got mad, said my piece, and that's that. Moving on.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #1877
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
It's one thing to politely point out that I didn't make the right play, but it's another thing for people to insinuate that I just didn't care. I don't mind people critiquing my skills, but to say that I was apathetic is almost an insult to my character.

Anyway, I got mad, said my piece, and that's that. Moving on.

That's true, although in fairness, how do they know what your schedule is? They probably felt they were giving you the benefit of the doubt in saying you were apathetic, rather than you fucked up. Maybe they think most people would ratehr be seen as having been busy or not have time to care than to simply have been wrong.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #1878
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That's true, although in fairness, how do they know what your schedule is? They probably felt they were giving you the benefit of the doubt in saying you were apathetic, rather than you fucked up. Maybe they think most people would ratehr be seen as having been busy or not have time to care than to simply have been wrong.

I'm not arguing anymore. I hear things about......things.

That's all I'm saying. It's behind me, so let's just let it go.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #1879
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty - not saying you did I should have clarified that too sorry.

Hey, I didn't give up either.. I was trying to vote end game for several days but no one wanted to listen to me.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #1880
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't like being stalled with two votes on heinz, so just to encourage something..

vote render
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #1881
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Wrong game you twit!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #1882
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hey, I didn't give up either.. I was trying to vote end game for several days but no one wanted to listen to me.

sorry but several no votes and beign very inactive tells me different