Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2005, 10:37 AM   #251
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Barkeep - what's the number next to people's name in you form thingy?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:41 AM   #252
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well last game it was helpful knowing who to kill or not kill. This game it'll be useful for the purposes of good .
Old 12-29-2005, 10:41 AM   #253
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I don't remember a guardian ever actually saving anybody. I think seer/witness types are much more important.

you need to play more werewolf then....the bodyguard is just as important in case the seer has to reveal himself...without a guard, the seer is dead that night, with a guard, we get at least one more view from him...maybe more depending on the strategies used in the process.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #254
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
Barkeep - what's the number next to people's name in you form thingy?
That is the order from the sign-up. I simply copy and paste the list of players and then copy and paste them into a cell when they vote so I can see who has voted or not.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #255
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
you need to play more werewolf then....the bodyguard is just as important in case the seer has to reveal himself...without a guard, the seer is dead that night, with a guard, we get at least one more view from him...maybe more depending on the strategies used in the process.
I actually think the THREAT of the bodyguard can be as helpful as having the bodyguard, since it can lead to a Vizzini's cup situation with the wolves and anything that throws the wolves off balance a little is good for us, I think.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #256
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Does the bodyguard typically know who the seer is? Otherwise, he's just going blind, which means the odds of him actually protecting somebody are pretty astronomical.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #257
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
That is the order from the sign-up. I simply copy and paste the list of players and then copy and paste them into a cell when they vote so I can see who has voted or not.

ok thanks, at first I thought it was post # or post count, but it didn't add up so then I was like WTF. thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #258
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Does the bodyguard typically know who the seer is? Otherwise, he's just going blind, which means the odds of him actually protecting somebody are pretty astronomical.
The bodyguard typically does not know the roles of any other players, including the seer.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #259
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Might not be a bad idea in the future...but the bodyguard would probably just bounce between himself and the seer.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #260
saldana
Pro Starter

no the bodyguard doesnt know, but if the seer makes a good read and has to out himself to give that information to the rest of us, he makes himself a target..the bodyguard then gets to protect him and give him a shot at another read instead of being dinner that night. the odds of the bodyguard protecting the seer randomly are exactly the same as the seer reading one wolf (obviously multiple wolves change that odds)
Old 12-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #261
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Might not be a bad idea in the future...but the bodyguard would probably just bounce between himself and the seer.
I think the solution to this is instead of an every other night policy it could be an every three night policy.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #262
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Is it really good strategy to be chatting it up so much before the night kill?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:06 AM   #263
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, whatever role Schmidty had, no sense crying over spilt (goat's) milk.

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #264
hoopsguy
General Manager

In general I think any conversation by the villagers is good conversation for the village. If they have information, then they may want to get it out there - either in plain sight or in a more subtle fashion - in the event they are wolf food that night. But if you say something that moves you up the kill list then that probably doesn't make the game as much fun for the individual who is now out of the game.

The wolf strategy last game seemed to be to kill the quiet ones so as to avoid leaving a trail.

Edit - to make thoughts more coherent while working on short sleep today.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 12-29-2005 at 11:12 AM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 AM   #265
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
The wolf strategy last game seemed to be to kill the quiet ones so as to avoid leaving a trail.

Which was very different from the strategy we pursued when we were wolves. Until we have a couple kills it seems pointless speculating on the motives of why people have been killed.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 AM   #266
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't think it's obviously good or obviously bad, since there are secret roles - secret human roles could obviously use some information.

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #267
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually think the THREAT of the bodyguard can be as helpful as having the bodyguard, since it can lead to a Vizzini's cup situation with the wolves and anything that throws the wolves off balance a little is good for us, I think.

What's the story behind Vizzini's cup?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #268
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
What's the story behind Vizzini's cup?

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Man in Black: Then make your choice.
Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
[Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
[they drink ]
Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha -
[Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]
Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #269
path12
Coordinator

THAT'S where I had heard the name from......thanks. Loved that movie.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:09 PM   #270
hoopsguy
General Manager

Beaten to the Vizzini quote? INCONCEIVABLE!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #271
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Beaten to the Vizzini quote? INCONCEIVABLE!
I don't think that word means what you think it does.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:13 PM   #272
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Nothing significant yet, just a couple of hunches which I'm waiting for after night to bring up. Day 1 vote was more interesting than I'm used to.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts since I really haven't been able to make heads or tails out of what happened so far. I think Schmidty was just a case of voting for the no-show in order not to piss off anybody else. Was for me, anyway.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:24 PM   #273
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I'm interested to hear your thoughts since I really haven't been able to make heads or tails out of what happened so far. I think Schmidty was just a case of voting for the no-show in order not to piss off anybody else. Was for me, anyway.

Look at who voted for Schmidty ... odds are good at least one of them is a demon (although it is certainly possible none are). I have a couple of hunches as to potential demons, and a couple of hunches on probably humans, but I'm waiting to see who (if anybody) gets killed tonight.

I also don't quite know what to make of the 'sacrifice' element. Does it make any sense for us to try and form a conensus on which animal to pick, or at least try and give the druid some advice?

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 12:27 PM   #274
Blade6119
Coordinator

I love how when i voted for schmidty over dacman it started the bandwagon and now i look like someone was trying to save me...i have a bad feeling im not going to make it through this game alive
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #275
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I love how when i voted for schmidty over dacman it started the bandwagon and now i look like someone was trying to save me...i have a bad feeling im not going to make it through this game alive

I don't really think anybody had a better rationale than you.

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #276
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't really think anybody had a better rationale than you.

I didnt vote to schmidty to save myself...after he went awol i would have voted for him if he had no votes...if i wanted to save myself dacman had 3 votes and that would have saved me instead of forcing a threee way tie
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #277
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Saving your own neck is always acceptable.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:56 PM   #278
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119

I wouldn't say that your vote started a bandwagon -- I think for a while, it was between Schmidty and dacman, then when dacman showed up, I laid off him. Looking back, it does look like you had accumulated three votes while I was gone, I hadn't noticed that. But I don't think you were in any real danger. My two cents.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #279
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Anyone with a vote has to be worried about a pile on.

Well, whenever I get a vote I worry about a pile on.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:06 PM   #280
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont necessarily have a circle of trust yet, too early for that, but i do have some suspicions about at least 2 people. we will wait and see what happens with the night actions
Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #281
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
i dont necessarily have a circle of trust yet, too early for that, but i do have some suspicions about at least 2 people. we will wait and see what happens with the night actions

I'm with you. The lynch vote was too easy to be meaningful, since we went for the guy who wasn't around.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 PM   #282
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Look at who voted for Schmidty ... odds are good at least one of them is a demon (although it is certainly possible none are). I have a couple of hunches as to potential demons, and a couple of hunches on probably humans, but I'm waiting to see who (if anybody) gets killed tonight.

I also don't quite know what to make of the 'sacrifice' element. Does it make any sense for us to try and form a conensus on which animal to pick, or at least try and give the druid some advice?
You think there may not be a killing tonight? Why, wouldn't that be a foolish move for the demons?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #283
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
You think there may not be a killing tonight? Why, wouldn't that be a foolish move for the demons?

I definitely think the demons will TRY to kill someone.

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #284
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I see.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:46 PM   #285
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ugh. This is the second straight game where I have been a vlllager and have ended up on the lynching side of the vote on day 1..

I can't figure out what CW's Thor story means and I really hope that Schmidty was not the bodyguard because that would suck.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #286
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It is quiet. Too quiet. Many of you have trouble sleeping, wondering just what will happen tonight. Around midnight, all hell breaks loose. You hear a great crash, splintered wood, grunts, thuds, and the sound of blades being crossed. A brief flash of light later, and all silent. Sprinting out into the courtyard, you see...nothing. Every man who went to bed is up and about. No deaths, no wounds, nothing. All is well with the night.

...Save for what is quickly becoming the real unpleasantness of the night. A crude wooden slab has been planted into the ground, and drawn in white chalk is the rough outline of, yes...a rectum. Lo and behold, a massive Trout has been gutted and placed right on top of the vulgar drawing. A new sacrifice to the powers that be! But do the elementals desire a Trout in a rectum? That remains to be seen.

Not terribly far away on a slab of stone is a far larger, very dead creature. And if it were alive, it would not be funny at all. For nothing is more serious than a Rhino about to charge your ass. To the dismay of charging Rhinos everywhere, this particular one will charge no more. It has been gutted, its entrails artfully arranged on the stone slab in the shape of a smiley face. A quality sacrifice to be certain. But is it enough?

Having been rudely awoken by the sound of combat, having been subjected to witnessing an ugly combination of Trouts in rectums and Rhino entrails, you return to bed, trying to salvage what sleep you can.

DAY 2 NOW OPEN, VOTING DEADLINE 7pm CST FRIDAY

Active List
-----------
1 Ardent Enthusiast
2 Blade6119
3 Schmidty, Human, Lynched Day 1
4 Dacman
5 Hoopsguy
6 SnDvls
7 Passacaglia
8 Path12
9 St.Cronin
10 Grammaticus
11 TazFTW
12 Saldana
13 WVUFAN
14 Kingfc22
15 Barkeep49
16 dubb93

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 12-30-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #287
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

This post is very interesting especially after the night action going the way it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
I see.

This is also interesting in what is a post in response to cronin.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #288
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, this must be good news.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:09 PM   #289
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Well, this must be good news.

Well, yes and no. No real data to work on outside the votes from day 1 is bad. I think it's more good than bad. I think. I'm pretty confused now.

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #290
hoopsguy
General Manager

So going by traditional WW games there are a couple of things that could result in no kill:
1.) bodyguard made a good protect
2.) demons made a conversion
3.) demons have some kind of option to acquire power/skills/whatver by bypassing a kill

#1 and #2 are the most likely - haven't seen a game where #3 was an option in some time. But if that is the case they must have felt pretty good about how Day 1 went to forego a kill.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #291
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, yes and no. No real data to work on outside the votes from day 1 is bad. I think it's more good than bad. I think. I'm pretty confused now.

Well, the fact that I'm confused goes without saying.

But I have to think no kill for the wolves is a good thing.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 PM   #292
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
So going by traditional WW games there are a couple of things that could result in no kill:
1.) bodyguard made a good protect
2.) demons made a conversion
3.) demons have some kind of option to acquire power/skills/whatver by bypassing a kill

#1 and #2 are the most likely - haven't seen a game where #3 was an option in some time. But if that is the case they must have felt pretty good about how Day 1 went to forego a kill.

#1 is interesting -- are you thinking, then, that Schmidty was a bodyguard, and there is more than one bodyguard? That definitely brings hope!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:20 PM   #293
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
#1 is interesting -- are you thinking, then, that Schmidty was a bodyguard, and there is more than one bodyguard? That definitely brings hope!

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It may be that there is a human who is 'blessed' in some way - can't be killed.

Conversion is also a possibility, and a grim one.

It also may be that the elementals intervened in some way for some reason.

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #294
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, my top suspects for wolves before the night were

Path (clinching vote)
Taz (quiet)

I don't feel very strongly, though, and don't have any 'inside dope,' so to speak.

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 06:28 PM   #295
SnDvls
Pro Starter

ummmm....ya

so, something happened from what I'm reading in CW's post, but no kill.
Hopefully the old sword Schmidty had was just that and the true bodyguard
was able to fend off an attack and we don't have another deamon to deal
with.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:29 PM   #296
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blessed is certainly an option.

I don't know if Schmidty was a bodyguard. The fact that his death description included sword/shield would certainly lend credence to this idea but we don't really know one way or the other. I doubt there are multiple bodyguards unless we have a pack of demons (more than 3).

Hoping that with all of the special roles out there that we have some good information to work with - seer, witness, blessed, or someone who can provide us with some good options for today rather than leaving us in our current speculative mode.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #297
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Blessed is certainly an option.

I don't know if Schmidty was a bodyguard. The fact that his death description included sword/shield would certainly lend credence to this idea but we don't really know one way or the other. I doubt there are multiple bodyguards unless we have a pack of demons (more than 3).

Hoping that with all of the special roles out there that we have some good information to work with - seer, witness, blessed, or someone who can provide us with some good options for today rather than leaving us in our current speculative mode.

I agree. With all the goofy things that are supposed to happen in this game, someone ought to be showing up here with something interesting!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #298
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
This post is very interesting especially after the night action going the way it did.

This is also interesting in what is a post in response to cronin.

I really had no clue that post would be an omen ... hope it doesn't bring too much attention my way (from humans or demons).

knives out
Old 12-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #299
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW's post #1
Evil must be purged from this castle, or all is lost. Unless you are evil. Then it's time to get rid of those pesky good-for-nothing soldiers.

Emphasis added...I was under the assumption we are all soldiers -- some just happen to be under demonic control. I didn't read a thing into Schmidty's sword/sheild. If there is a bodyguard or similar role, that person is probably still alive.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:52 PM   #300
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I, for one, am just happy to be alive.