Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2006, 12:12 PM   #451
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
This is the last thing I'm going to say on the subject of last game, but claiming all the vets but me and Ardent were dead last game toward the end is dead wrong. We worked hard to balance killing the good experienced player while leaving some around that we didn't really want to, to take some heat off of us. It's not like it was just me and Ardent at the end, you are being way too harsh.

But with that said, I'm bouncing out of the last game convo.
Very well dubby, i was wrong..im sorry
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:12 PM   #452
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, i posted at the end of last page back to kwhit..dont want him to miss it
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #453
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

unvote rpi
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:15 PM   #454
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Can we get a vote tally?
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #455
Blade6119
Coordinator

AlanT - King (133)
SirFozzie - AlanT (137), Blade (149), Dubb (167), Tanglewood (324), Saldana (405)
Dubb - Schmidty (146), SirFozzie (179), Eaglesfan (180)
Mustang - Coder (168)
Blade - KWhit (383), Lathum (387)
Qwikshot - RPI (400)
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #456
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
When people get upset they lose their cool...when people lose their cool they say things that they might not have said otherwise...just like in real life...when you get mad in an argument you might say things you didnt mean to say. Happens in WW too, has happened over and over again in past games and will keep happening im betting. Everyone responds to it differently...some get ultra defensive(like sundvls...he and his wolf defenses lol)...some take it entirely calm(barkeep...no one listened to me...*whimper*). But it provides insight in how people react to being accused.

I think this is overstated, to say the least. Whether my role is good or evil, I respond the same way to asshats.

And when somebody gets annoyed, POed, etc. it's not like they suddenly forget to play the game. They're not just going to say "Well, we ninjas think you're a jerk!" So you're looking for very subtle things - things that are just as often to be wrong as they are to be right. When every single post is pored over and looked at from every possible angle, there is usually no "good" way to respond to attacks, especially ones that belittle other players.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:26 PM   #457
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I think this is overstated, to say the least. Whether my role is good or evil, I respond the same way to asshats.

And when somebody gets annoyed, POed, etc. it's not like they suddenly forget to play the game. They're not just going to say "Well, we ninjas think you're a jerk!" So you're looking for very subtle things - things that are just as often to be wrong as they are to be right. When every single post is pored over and looked at from every possible angle, there is usually no "good" way to respond to attacks, especially ones that belittle other players.
We shall have to agree to disagree...dubb posted a very similar idea right before my post. I have found it works for me, you have your own methods im sure...both can get us where we need to go, and hopefully we can cooperate to reach that goal
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #458
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Usually when you are cornered in an attack, if you don't respond people assume your guilt. If you do respond back to defend yourself, then you are being too defensive and must be bad!! If you say fine, just lynch me people assume its reverse psychology. Its kind of a lose lose situation being attacked in these games
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #459
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Usually when you are cornered in an attack, if you don't respond people assume your guilt. If you do respond back to defend yourself, then you are being too defensive and must be bad!! If you say fine, just lynch me people assume its reverse psychology. Its kind of a lose lose situation being attacked in these games

That is exactly my point.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #460
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am going to have to go with the majority here.

VOTE SIRFOZZIE
Old 01-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #461
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

10 pages later on Day 1 and I still have no opinion on who will be the one on day 1..

I may just vote for the person the proclaims they have the biggest coc... ahem.. sword of the land.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #462
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
How can you ignore last games? i dont want to, fozzie does...dont make that mistake in assuming i want to ignore them. I think much can be learned from past games, espcially when reading people this game...people play similar styles every game...so knowing a persons style from past games helps you read them this game...its not leet, not experience, just simple bloody logic...like if all the vets but dubb and ardent are dead, maybe dubb and ardent are wolves

And desnudo, we hit two wolves in two days...you guys couldnt finsish off even one of the final three...so dont give me crap...id gladly give up the seer and bodyguard for two wolves...and to top it all off all 3 of the wolves voted to keep sun alive the day he died and no one noticed...

Im trying to piss you off, its working, and i couldnt be happier...im sure this will all be most useful later in the game if i live

Yes you are pissing me off, you've clearly pissed everyone off. I think your approach makes the game less fun for everyone else except yourself. If all you care about is winning, then kudos. It's obviously over your head anyway.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #463
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
, sorry can't help but smile when last game is brought up.

Yes, I can see why you would since you played us like a fiddle. Personally I'd like to chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #464
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Yes you are pissing me off, you've clearly pissed everyone off. I think your approach makes the game less fun for everyone else except yourself. If all you care about is winning, then kudos. It's obviously over your head anyway.

Yep.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #465
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, I can see why you would since you played us like a fiddle. Personally I'd like to chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on.

To be fair, he didn't play me like a fiddle. As it's been said, I had him pegged the whole time. I just screwed up by going after Gram, but damn that was a HUGE screw-up.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #466
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
To be fair, he didn't play me like a fiddle. As it's been said, I had him pegged the whole time. I just screwed up by going after Gram, but damn that was a HUGE screw-up.

Okay, replace "we," with "me." I lost track of the number of times he talkled me out of voting for him.

Anyway, back to regularly scheduled programming:

Vote Kingfc22

Has been very quiet.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #467
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I would actually count you as a vet..this is your 4th game i though...either way i think your one of the more experienced players in this game im my opinion...but either way

3rd game actually -- but I'm glad it seems like longer!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:22 PM   #468
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
You guys were "*GASP* Oh Noez! We cannot vote for experienced players on day 1. They are our only hope against the EEEEBBILLL ninjas.. If you vote for a player who has experience, we are doomzored!""

And all I said was that it didn't matter who was selected for the lynch, as odds are, it's a samurai.

I can't speak for anyone else, and I sure as hell don't know what side Foz is on, but count me in the 'entertained' group.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #469
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I can't speak for anyone else, and I sure as hell don't know what side Foz is on, but count me in the 'entertained' group.

Agreed.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #470
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

2 of these as ninjas?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #471
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

2 of these as ninjas?

Why do you say that?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #472
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why do you say that?

IDK, because I know for a fact that I'm innocent and I could see the ninjas wanting to get rid of me on day 1 pretty bad.

Also, RPI, Coder, and King stand out as the standard "throw your vote away" type vote.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #473
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

2 of these as ninjas?

Schmidty! Eaglesfan.. youse guys are ninjas?

Well damn.. I'm from brooklyn..

More like folks who took you up on your own request..

But since I haven't pushed any buttons yet today, completely metagaming this..

UNVOTE DUBB
VOTE Blade

For So many reasons..

((And BTW, thank you to the folks who are entertained.. with the attitude of certain folks in this game, this will definitely be my last WW game.. (I didn't volunteer, I was asked to play in it), and if/when I go, it'll be with a bang..))
Old 01-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #474
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
((And BTW, thank you to the folks who are entertained.. with the attitude of certain folks in this game, this will definitely be my last WW game.. (I didn't volunteer, I was asked to play in it), and if/when I go, it'll be with a bang..))

You shouldn't go away just based on one game man. I'm still in the bar, sword drawn, having lunged at you. Where the hell did you go, do you have no honor?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #475
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You shouldn't go away just based on one game man. I'm still in the bar, sword drawn, having lunged at you. Where the hell did you go, do you have no honor?

No.. that was last scene, you missed three or four dramatic cuts.. including the one where our lords demanded we settle this in a civilized mater..

We're currently playing Pokemon.

Sheesh, didncha get the script?

BTW, Pikachu, I CHOOSE YOU!

your turn.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #476
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

:Stands in full armor, sword still in hand.:

"Tanglewood, drink please, I got some decisions to make."

:Begins to stroke long beard with off hand:

"I'll see your Pikachu and raise you a level 60 bulbasaur."

:background noise, "You don't have a level 60...:

"SILENCE! YOU DARE TELL THE GREAT DRUNKEN MASTER HEIHACHI MAKABE THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE A LEVEL 60 BULBASAUR!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'LL KILL THE LOT OF YOU! ARM YOURSELVES!"
Old 01-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #477
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, this game seems to be devolving into typical drama-queen mode. It sucks.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #478
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, this game seems to be devolving into typical drama-queen mode. It sucks.

Bah. I'm still gonna have fun (I have not yet begun to taunt!). Just that I'm not gonna get sucked into this crap again. It's become.. well.. it may be fun for others.. but the mechanics of the game itself ain't fun for me anymore.. maybe it's just another FOFC Fad

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-30-2006 at 01:48 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #479
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And Fozzie, saying you are going out with a bang sounds like you are the brutal type. I don't expect it will help you case at this point.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #480
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Anyway, back to regularly scheduled programming:

Vote Kingfc22

Has been very quiet.

Surprised you didn't vote for Blade just on the basis of being annoyed with him.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #481
kingfc22
Head Coach

Since my random number generator vote is useless today.

UNVOTE ALAN T

VOTE SIRFOZZIE

He is trying too hard to get rid of dubb. Dubb has been a very good asset for the villagers in past games and I would at least like to give him a couple of days to prove he is once again valuable to the team.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #482
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

More like my death will be the same way I played the game, having fun. I promise, not the brutal ninja, or even a ninja, but fun nonetheless
Old 01-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #483
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Since my random number generator vote is useless today.

UNVOTE ALAN T

VOTE SIRFOZZIE

He is trying too hard to get rid of dubb. Dubb has been a very good asset for the villagers in past games and I would at least like to give him a couple of days to prove he is once again valuable to the team.

Um.. king.. (whispers in your ear)..

you do know at the time you wrote this, I wasn't even voting for dubby?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #484
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
IDK, because I know for a fact that I'm innocent and I could see the ninjas wanting to get rid of me on day 1 pretty bad.

Also, RPI, Coder, and King stand out as the standard "throw your vote away" type vote.

Wouldn't Ninjas just kill you at night, all quiet like? I know I'm a Samurai, and I'm guessing the other 2 are as well. You ASKED to be killed. You said you weren't going to cooperate with us. You've shown yourself to be unreliable.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #485
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Wouldn't Ninjas just kill you at night, all quiet like? I know I'm a Samurai, and I'm guessing the other 2 are as well. You ASKED to be killed. You said you weren't going to cooperate with us. You've shown yourself to be unreliable.

Yep. If I weren't voting for Blade, I'd be voting for Dubb.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #486
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27

Then waste tomorrow killing me.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #487
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Then waste tomorrow killing me.

Or tonight, what do I care. Lets play see the game called "The Look on their face." B/C I'm sure it would be priceless if I were to die tonight.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #488
Schmidty
Coordinator

Hey Dubb - Is it ok if Blade were to get voted off in the near future?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:51 PM   #489
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hey Dubb - Is it ok if Blade were to get voted off in the near future?

Not knowing Blades role, I really couldn't care less. He's as likely to be bad as anyone else. He's attached himself pretty strongly to me, that in and of itself makes me suspecious. It's always best for a bad guy to attach himself to someone that is clean.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #490
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Um.. king.. (whispers in your ear)..

you do know at the time you wrote this, I wasn't even voting for dubby?
Yes, but IMO Dubb would not have as much action on him if it wasn't for your back-and-forth yesterday.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:56 PM   #491
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

the only reason Dubb has action on him is because he got pissed and said something he shouldn't.

Oh yeah, and he misundertood a comment I made to be an attack on him, causing FOFC World FlameWar CCXLVIII
Old 01-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #492
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
the only reason Dubb has action on him is because he got pissed and said something he shouldn't.

Oh yeah, and he misundertood a comment I made to be an attack on him, causing FOFC World FlameWar CCXLVIII

It wasn't a flame war. Quit being dramatic, it was a standard WW back and forth. I would call it Standard Werewolf Back and Forth CCXLVIII
Old 01-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #493
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dubb.. you have the most inconsistent sense of humor I've ever seen
Old 01-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #494
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb.. you have the most inconsistent sense of humor I've ever seen

I try
Old 01-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #495
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I try

you certainly are trying

Old 01-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #496
path12
Coordinator

What to do, what to do. My read on the top three so far:

Fozzie -- I'm not voting here. It's day 1 and I believe that he has been well within his rights to tweak some of the egos that are, shall we say, rather amplified at the moment. It's samurai talk to me.

Blade & Dubb -- For all the asshattishness (THERE'S a fun word!), they are both very good at this game. Besides, I suspect that if they are samurai, the ninjas will be coming for them soon enough at night, and we may learn something that way.

Bottom line, I think they're all probably good (at this point). So I would normally find who hasn't said anything yet, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
He is trying too hard to get rid of dubb.

I disagree with this reasoning, as stated above. Therefore,

VOTE KINGFC22
Old 01-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #497
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Blade & Dubb -- For all the asshattishness (THERE'S a fun word!), they are both very good at this game. Besides, I suspect that if they are samurai, the ninjas will be coming for them soon enough at night, and we may learn something that way.

Since when did saying that you think day 1 isn't a good time to take out a proven good player in a game where many aren't playing make you an asshat? I didn't go overboard like Blade.

In my perfect world b/f yesterdays action the vote wouldn't have went to me, blade, fozzie, eagles, king, rpi, you etc. For the simple fact that in my opinion they have established play routes and I know when I trust them.

For example, RPI is playing this game so far very much like he played the game where there were both werewolf and mafia.

I like new players and all, but we've all seen them struggle in their first few games(heck, Cronin's 1st game he was so bad that even as an outted villager they left him around, he's since improved greatly). Hell, my 1st two games I didn't make it past day 1, then I made it to like night 3 in the one after that. Then my next game I made a huge list of possible werewolfs and NONE of them turned out to be wolves.

It wasn't an ego thing, but a matter of playing into what I know. I know how some people play. With unknowns out there it makes it that much harder to analyze the game. And for the most part 1st timers make bad decisions.

Blade on the other hand started to critize other peoples play, which I haven't done with the exception of Foz so far.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #498
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What to do, what to do. My read on the top three so far:

Fozzie -- I'm not voting here. It's day 1 and I believe that he has been well within his rights to tweak some of the egos that are, shall we say, rather amplified at the moment. It's samurai talk to me.

Bottom line, I think they're all probably good (at this point). So I would normally find who hasn't said anything yet, but:

I disagree with this reasoning, as stated above. Therefore,

VOTE KINGFC22

You probably are right that fozzie is in his rights to stroke egos, but he's gone a little further than that by also pushing votes on both Dubb and Blade. I guess chances are that all three of them are samurais, I have no idea with it being day 1. It seems a bit unusual to me for a ninja to start a huge pissing contest that could put him on a short list to be lynched right at the start. I just don't really have any better feel to go on here, and am afraid if I pulled my vote now and he did end up being a ninja, it would look really poorly for me.

My biggest concern right now is that there are so many feathers ruffled up that people will be voting based on who is annoying them the most, whether its Fozzie or Blade or Dubb or someone else, rather than us trying to work out a logical pattern to extend our circle of trust. I guess right now I trust no one, and am hoping we can figure out ways to expand that. I'm not sure these confrontations help with that much.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #499
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
You probably are right that fozzie is in his rights to stroke egos,

STROKE Egos???

STROKE EGOS???????

Inigo Montoya Says "You keep using that word. I don't think that word means what you intend it to mean."

I was intending to deflate egos. to Puncture egos. To reduce egos.

But to stroke egos..

Well that just makes the baby Foz cry.

(But then again, the Baby Foz cries at a lot of things)

Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #500
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
At least I didn't get a vote this time.

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST

Umm, dude, Ardent isn't playing.

Neither am I.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote