Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #251
path12
Coordinator

For me, day 1 is such a crapshoot anyway and the risk of killing off a good special isn't worth the shot in the dark.

I can be persuaded. But it sure seems high risk/low benefit to me.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #252
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
don't know if I agree with locking CW, but at least we don't have to waste multiple people guarding him now either. we can now guard the chrys., water and engin along with important people.

So the doctor gives me a clean bill of health, and I still don't deserve a ridiculously simple and painless form of protection? The hell?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #253
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think that killing off a very useful role is a bad idea on day 1.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #254
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I knew you would say this about the no vote.

What are the disadvantages? I have yet to be in a game where a bad guy was lynched day 1. We have the spawn on the run already. We've got a fully functional ship w/ half a load of chrys. they have to be worried. we do that again tomorrow and it's lift off by day 3, and no more conversions.

don't know if I agree with locking CW, but at least we don't have to waste multiple people guarding him now either. we can now guard the chrys., water and engin along with important people.
By your logic we start you want all our crew members we we can mine/explore? Then lets kill one who we dont need to do that. I just think your logic makes day 3 day one...we have to start hunting spawn, as its unlikely our doctor(if good) will pin them for us. Hell, even if he is good and does, he has a chance of becoming bad(happened to vince last time).

I just dont see a positive to waiting. Basically your giving the spawn 3 free night actions with no potential risk other then the doctors daily scan. Then on day 3, we are clueless other then 3 scans which we cant fully trust....They hit our water, or free the slaves, and we could be in loads of trouble. Why sit around and wait for them to hurt us? I just dont see how thats wise(especially with every away team potentially yieliding unlimited spawnlings
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #255
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
So the doctor gives me a clean bill of health, and I still don't deserve a ridiculously simple and painless form of protection? The hell?
Well, the doctor should be in before you, which you should agree with, and secondly we can have 4 so i dont know why we arent putting 4 in...its very strange(and i was the brig master last game, so i know how the role works)
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #256
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think that killing off a very useful role is a bad idea on day 1.
Useful for whom? If he is a spawn, he will actively handicap our team every day. He is just as likely as everyone to be spawn...you have to look at them, not their role...the spawn really could be anyone.
Demotivation
Old 07-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #257
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

I actually think it's a smart form of protection. You are safe. I said I didn't agree with putting you in there, but I can see the logic behind it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #258
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Clarification: if the Security HQ is damaged the Weapons Locker and Brig become unaccessible, not the Sleeping Quarters and Slave pens.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #259
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
What should be guarded I guess is the question du jour.
An armed security chief/crewman should guard the Engine Room. This is to ensure that we can leave.

An armed security chief/crewman should guard the Water Plant. As long as we have this, we don't need extra water. Kind of a biggie.

An armed galleymaster should guard the Cargo Hold. This way it's guarded and protected.

Also, the 4th phaser should be given to the Sergeant-at-arms should be given a phaser. I think the 5th should be given to the slavemaster.

My rationale here is that we want to pass out all the phasers if we aren't guarding the security center. We don't have enough people to guard everything, and we have to prioritize. Since the good doctor has said the CW isn't a spawn, I'm not so worried about the brig (security center). I think our main priority has to be getting off-planet, where we are less vulnerable (hopefully) to spawn. It seems like we're pretty close already, so we can hopefully be off planet in a day or two.

I think everyone else should get some sleep, since we don't want everyone exhausted.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #260
Blade6119
Coordinator

and not to keep being the thorn in the group, and no offense to coffee, i dont know why he was scanned over our vital roles on the crew. Yes, the mission went poorly. Did last game too, and despite spawn being on the mission they did not try to sabotage it...just bad dice rolls. Bullet is going to do what he wants, but i think someone more important then coffee should have been scanned
Demotivation
Old 07-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #261
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
By your logic we start you want all our crew members we we can mine/explore? Then lets kill one who we dont need to do that. I just think your logic makes day 3 day one...we have to start hunting spawn, as its unlikely our doctor(if good) will pin them for us. Hell, even if he is good and does, he has a chance of becoming bad(happened to vince last time).

I just dont see a positive to waiting. Basically your giving the spawn 3 free night actions with no potential risk other then the doctors daily scan. Then on day 3, we are clueless other then 3 scans which we cant fully trust....They hit our water, or free the slaves, and we could be in loads of trouble. Why sit around and wait for them to hurt us? I just dont see how thats wise(especially with every away team potentially yieliding unlimited spawnlings

so you are willing to be the lynched today then since you insist on someone dying?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #262
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Then on day 3, we are clueless other then 3 scans which we cant fully trust....They hit our water, or free the slaves, and we could be in loads of trouble.

I'm not sure how I feel about voting yet, but the second we get off-planet the slaves die. They can only do away missions, and are otherwise a security risk.

-Talgian
Old 07-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #263
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
I'm not sure how I feel about voting yet, but the second we get off-planet the slaves die. They can only do away missions, and are otherwise a security risk.

-Talgian
My first action as a spawn would be to hit the slave pen...i wouldnt wait for lift off...every night the spawn could screw us bad, and i cant for the life of me figure out why we dont want to take a shot at getting one. Will we, odds are not likely...but we have to take a shot. Every time a group has had a no vote it turns out bad(unless everyone voted and some tie/special event happened...we still learn from those). basically we will know today i wanted to vote...and thats it...thats helps a lot late in the game
Demotivation
Old 07-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #264
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
so you are willing to be the lynched today then since you insist on someone dying?
If thats how the vote turns out, im fine with that. It will allow the rest of the good guys to see where people voted later in the game and when i show up clean. Im a private, i can go on away teams, and according to every old school movie im doomed to die the nameless private

If the vote goes to me, ill take it. But i think we need to take a shot.
Demotivation
Old 07-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #265
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As the sun goes down the planet becomes too dangerous to launch any further away missions for the day.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #266
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Galley master (1 AP per cycle)

Protect Supplies Night Only The Galley master may guard the Water Plant or Cargo Hold at night. If there is an attack he will receive a bonus, if armed (see Sergeant at Arms below). This is slightly less effective than regular Protect. 1 AP

Ration Water Day Only The Galley master may choose which members of the crew receive water if there is not enough water for all of the crew. This action should be submitted to the GM during each night cycle. 1 AP

This is me. I'd rather guard the cargo hold at this point. If I'm armed, I can do much better...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #267
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also, NO VOTE for the reasoning stated earlier.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #268
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
This is me. I'd rather guard the cargo hold at this point. If I'm armed, I can do much better...

You better get a phaser, or else dubb looks really bad.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #269
Blade6119
Coordinator

This might sound bad, but why are we sharing what were guarding? Doesnt that make it all too easy for the spawn? We are already giving them a bloody free vote, lets not show them all our cards
Demotivation
Old 07-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #270
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
This might sound bad, but why are we sharing what were guarding? Doesnt that make it all too easy for the spawn? We are already giving them a bloody free vote, lets not show them all our cards

Doesn't it have to be publically known?
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #271
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah, I thought on the ship, it would be pretty obvious what I'm guarding. If not, then I may change my decision as to what to guard.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #272
hoopsguy
General Manager

The last spawn game we could talk amongst ourselves in terms of actions, but the night actions were based upon PMs to the moderator, not on anything we post here. So I would suggest that people exercise some level of deception (or at least not blurt out) what their action is going to be for each evening.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #273
Swaggs
Coordinator

Can we get a clarification as to whether or not we know who is armed? I presume that, at least, if we are armed, we will know.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #274
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Unvote No Vote

Vote Blade

i doubt we will have enough votes to kill anyone, but do you normally want to kill someone at the one time in the game with the highest % of killing a good guy is?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #275
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can we get a clarification as to whether or not we know who is armed? I presume that, at least, if we are armed, we will know.

i doubt it will be know, at least i hope it isnt public for the spawns to find out, keeps em guessing
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #276
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If dubb wishes to distribute phasers it will be posted sometime during the day, so that when submitting night actions you would know whether you had a phaser or not.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #277
Swaggs
Coordinator

It says that the Spawn Overlord does not have a public role. Does that mean that he is not one of us crew members?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #278
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, I'm in agreement with Blade that you want to vote rather than not vote. But I don't see it as realistic that we are getting 1/3 today so I'm not pushing the issue today.

There is no way I'm taking that stance again tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #279
KWhit
Coordinator

I think the obvious places that we need to guard are:

Cargo Hold
Water Plant
Engine Room

The galley master should choose to protect either the cargo hold or the water plant. I also think he needs a phaser.

I think the slave master should guard the slave quarters.

I also think I am a prime candidate for attack or conversion tonight and request to be put in the brig with CW and the doctor.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #280
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It says that the Spawn Overlord does not have a public role. Does that mean that he is not one of us crew members?
Correct
Old 07-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #281
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am going to cast a No Vote for today.

This is not directed to barkeep, but just in general, but does anyone have any thoughts on the spawn overlord being a player, but not a crew member? Do we suspect that he will just emerge at some point or will he play the entire game by pulling strings from behind the scenes?
Old 07-11-2006, 07:12 PM   #282
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, if that is the case I have seen WSUCougar in this thread a couple of times and he is not normally a werewolf watcher/participant.

But I don't really know if knowing who this player is helps/hurts us if we can't lynch him.

VOTE WSUCOUGAR
Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #283
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Well, if that is the case I have seen WSUCougar in this thread a couple of times and he is not normally a werewolf watcher/participant.

But I don't really know if knowing who this player is helps/hurts us if we can't lynch him.

VOTE WSUCOUGAR
You can only vote for somebody on the crew roster.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #284
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola -- Next thing you know you'll do something foolish like vote me.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #285
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nah, that has been done before.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #286
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

VOTE WSUCOUGAR

i guess i better stop reading along.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #287
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
Unvote No Vote

Vote Blade

i doubt we will have enough votes to kill anyone, but do you normally want to kill someone at the one time in the game with the highest % of killing a good guy is?
yes
Demotivation
Old 07-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #288
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just came in, any advice on distributing phasers for the day? I'm going to catch up and make a call.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #289
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

No Vote

"Back to working on my side project, the flux capacitor..."
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #290
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
but does anyone have any thoughts on the spawn overlord being a player, but not a crew member?

Hmm didnt Lathum make some lame excuse why he wouldnt play this time? *ponders*
Old 07-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #291
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm really unsure about voting tonight, as statistically we should kill someone, preferably a private who may be contaminated. That means Blade or Bek. If they're innocent, it's still one less mouth to drink the water, and one less person for the spawn to get. If he's spawn, then it's good.

I would also say that tomorrow we should send 2 away teams to get crystallium, using as many of the same people as today. That way we minimize the risk of more people being infected. It carries the risk of more spawn being on the mission, but if both are trying to get crystal, it should be okay. As long as the engine and water plant remain intact, then 2 missions should get us enough to leave on day 3.

Finally, bullet should inspect one of the privates asap. If bek or blade is clean, then I can promote him to security crewman, giving us an extra, and more importantly, rested person to help tomorrow, when guarding is much more critical, especially if everyone's tired. This does mean I can't go on an away mission, which means sending a new person to possibly get infected, but having a clean, rested security crewman is pretty important.

-Talgian
Old 07-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #292
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My decision has been made, and as far as I'm concerned is final. If the hilljacks they call the command staff on this ship decide to change my decision, it is out of my hands. I may be trigger happy, but I can't just point and call someone a spawn with not evidence so for the day, I'll

NO VOTE
Old 07-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #293
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Before there can be too much discussion, Sergeant-at-Arms dubb alerts Tyrith, Raiders Army, Swaggs, KingFC22, and Chubby that they should all stop by the Security HQ to pick up their phasers before they adjourn for the night.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-11-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #294
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just caught up. Nice work gentleman. Glad to see that we got so much crystlium.

I think it has already been said, but we need to protect things tonight. I would hope that I am given a phaser to increase my chances of success in protecting.

NO VOTE
Old 07-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #295
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
phasers

lol, good thing i know the Klingon death grip for my protection
Old 07-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #296
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I think it has already been said, but we need to protect things tonight. I would hope that I am given a phaser to increase my chances of success in protecting.

And as I type my wish is granted.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #297
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Just caught up. Nice work gentleman. Glad to see that we got so much crystlium.

NO VOTE

yes you got a phaser, just make sure you set it to "stun" not the preset "fun"
Old 07-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #298
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
lol, good thing i know the Klingon death grip for my protection

My feeling is the people who can use them to protect need them, even if they don't all have the AP left to use them. My reasoning being, if I were to die tonight, the phasers would be in the right hands tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #299
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
My feeling is the people who can use them to protect need them, even if they don't all have the AP left to use them. My reasoning being, if I were to die tonight, the phasers would be in the right hands tomorrow.

i wasnt complaining at all, just noting that our guns are called "phasers" hehe
Old 07-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #300
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And bullet, there are people out there with phasers that can use them to protect you if you can persuade them