Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #251
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Vote lonestargirl

I just don't see her being a wolf and asking for the job.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #252
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Vote lonestargirl

I just don't see her being a wolf and asking for the job.

Reading the context of your post I realize this is an election vote (That and there is no lynches todaY). In future days though, need it to be:

elect playername

Just so I don't have to guess at which you might be voting for. I know this is an unusual method of having people vote, so there will likely be confusion at times. Trying to remind people often though to keep any confusion away hopefully
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #253
SnDvls
Pro Starter

ELECT Barkeep
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #254
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Elect lonestargirl

(still trying to get used to the two different votes thing)
Old 10-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #255
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Reading the context of your post I realize this is an election vote (That and there is no lynches todaY). In future days though, need it to be:

elect playername

Just so I don't have to guess at which you might be voting for. I know this is an unusual method of having people vote, so there will likely be confusion at times. Trying to remind people often though to keep any confusion away hopefully

I have noticed a few other folks posting as VOTE instead of ELECT as well.

I don't want to be part of the bandwagon. So, I will just...

VOTE saldana
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #256
spleen1015
Coordinator

That should be ELECT saldana

Sheesh.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #257
saldana
Pro Starter

since i seem to be gaining some grass roots support, i will throw out there that those of you that are voting for me are making a solid choice...law and order are a boon for business for me, so i would be aimin to get those cowboys in the pokey as fast as a jack rabbit runnin from a diamondback.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #258
Swaggs
Coordinator

Unelect st. cronin.

Elect saldana

It is probably nothing, but I just have the thought that one of the cowboys could have gotten the ball rolling on this and then it snowballed. I think saldana will be a good choice and he seems to have a little momentum right now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #259
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With about 6 hours left till deadline, here are the current vote totals:

Sheriff election:

(6) Lonestargirl - Bulletsponge (109), Fouts (121), Lathum (180), St.cronin (205), Glengoyne (236), Chubby (254)
(4) Saldana - Anxiety (176), Hoopsguy (246), Spleen (256), Swaggs (258)
(3) Barkeep - Chief Rum (168), Racer (175), Sndvls (253)
(1) hoopsguy - ntndeacon (104)
(1) Chiefrum - Barkeep (149)
(1) SnDvls - Grammaticus (237)
(1) Fouts - Thomkal (242)

Lynch votes:
No valid lynch targets for today.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #260
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I think the key to this game is going to be the vices. They are just not there for no reason. For example, I think that barkeeep can be able to learn secrets from players whose vice is alcohol. That is the impression that I get. I think the retired judge role is probably more of a seer type role than the bar tender.

I just thought of some really ironic. Barkeep claims he is the bar keeper. How is that for irony?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #261
hoopsguy
General Manager

GE, I thought about this a bit last night. I just don't know how the vices are going to be exploited in the game.

Money - this one is the most obvious, able to execute a bribe
Women - not many female roles, possible red herring?
Alcohol - bartender seems to be most likely to exploit this one, but how?
Power - winning conditions involving becoming Sheriff?

I haven't really been able to come up with how a "villager" could be compromised by alcohol or power, unless there is a ton of stuff going on underneath the covers that we have not seen in the game.

It would be kind of cool if the Banker could buy protection, forcing the bodyguard to protect them for a night. That is about the most likely scenario I can come up with in terms of vices being part of the game outside of a bad guy conversion.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #262
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am thinking that the cowboys can use the vices to have the townspeople converted if they use the right lure..ie vice.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #263
Thomkal
Head Coach

I would agree with Ntndeacon about the vices, let's hope us good guys have a way to use them too.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #264
hoopsguy
General Manager

NTN, do you then extend that theory to suggest that the Cowboys do not have vices that we can leverage? Based on the movie, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys had vices ... mostly boozing, cliche musical tastes, and a lack of spelling skills.

I'm expecting that the vices can be beneficial or detrimental, depending on how we gather and apply information. I don't have a basis for this belief, other than it is what intuitively makes sense for me.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:51 PM   #265
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I agree, but the female vice could be exploited by whatever the name of the tavern wench is. (I can't remember off hand)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #266
path12
Coordinator

Elect Saldana

Most comfortable with this for now. I've been thinking about the vices also, and my thinking is that there must be ways for them to be used by both sides if for nothing else than game balance purposes......
Old 10-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #267
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I agree, but the female vice could be exploited by whatever the name of the tavern wench is. (I can't remember off hand)

brothel girl i think its called. and Alan said he would assign that randomly, so a guy could have that role.

btw wheres barkeep, i want a whiskey!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #268
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
NTN, do you then extend that theory to suggest that the Cowboys do not have vices that we can leverage? Based on the movie, I'm pretty sure the Cowboys had vices ... mostly boozing, cliche musical tastes, and a lack of spelling skills.

I'm expecting that the vices can be beneficial or detrimental, depending on how we gather and apply information. I don't have a basis for this belief, other than it is what intuitively makes sense for me.

No Hoops idon't. I do think that most of the cowboys do have vices. what bothers me most of all is the possibility that cowboys may be able to convert more quickly than we are. Assuming that we can convert a cowboy over to our side.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #269
spleen1015
Coordinator

The wolves know each other right?

I thik the ability for us to convert one would unbalance the game greatly. We convert a wolf. They tell us who the other wolves are, poof! We have lots of advantage.

What am I missing here?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #270
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I thik the ability for us to convert one would unbalance the game greatly. We convert a wolf. They tell us who the other wolves are, poof! We have lots of advantage.

What am I missing here?
Man that would be awsome. But I took the convesion to mean that the wolves could convert a villager not the other way around.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #271
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

What am I missing here?

here's a random thought. what if the wolves don't know who each other is, but they can convert or attempt to convert and thus gain their own "pack" if they hit on another wolf then they can talk with them...and thus we can also convert them....

I know it's random and probally way out there, but some GM might do this to us at some point.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #272
Thomkal
Head Coach

:::shuffles his cards with great dexterity:::

Feel free to play a hand or two to pass the time gents, ladies.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #273
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What am I missing here?

In every game I've seen with reverse conversion, there has been some mechanic to prevent the reverse converted from spilling the beans, so to speak. In my game, they were all geased and could not speak about the bad guys at all if converted.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #274
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm missing the logic. While I like having someone other than LSG in contention for Sherrif, why saldana?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #275
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
:::shuffles his cards with great dexterity:::

Feel free to play a hand or two to pass the time gents, ladies.

deal me in pardner
Old 10-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #276
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Ok, I think I agree with this. I am the adventure-seeking young man.

Don't you mean adventure-starved?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #277
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so for day 1 we really aren't going to get anywhere, except for electing a sheriff, but we'll lose someone tonight by a wolf kill more than likely right?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #278
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
ELECT st. cronin

Regardless of who gets elected sheriff, I would like the see Fouts jailed, then lynched. This is based solely on 1 word in his post. I know it may seem silly, but we have to start some where.

Hey spleen. I just looked back and Chubby checked in the same way I did. Why haven't you attacked him? I will be voting for your jailing on day 1, and you better hope I'm never sheriff.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #279
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
so for day 1 we really aren't going to get anywhere, except for electing a sheriff, but we'll lose someone tonight by a wolf kill more than likely right?
Correct. Although we do get to protect up to two people by putting them into jail.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #280
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I am pretty sure Chief Rum was applying logic to his vote for Barkeep as sheriff. When I read the role descriptions I also thought the role of the bartender could very well be the seer as did Chief Rum. That is the reason why I voted for Barkeep. Also, there have been quite a few people so far that have said their vote has been "random".

While I'm not sure I agree with Barkeep's push to reveal roles, I don't think that indicates he is a Cowboy. I promise you that I am no cowboy.

Electing a seer type is a good idea. I might have gone for it if BK had not voted to elect Chief. We need an active sheriff.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #281
SnDvls
Pro Starter

okay these are roles people have either hinted at or flat out said they are. any additions or corrections thus far? of them who do you think would/would not have vices.

1)Bartender - Barkeep
2)Adventure-starved young man - St. Cronin
3)School Teacher - Fouts
4)Card dealer - Thomkal
5)Baker - Chief Rum

bartender - women or booze
young man - women, power or money
teacher - ??
card dealer - money
baker - ??

what effects could the vices play if one were sheriff?

money - bought off or bribed
women - swayed maybe
booze - ??
power - ??

I say of the people who have announced their roles I would go with someone who I don't think has a money vice IMO.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #282
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I say of the people who have announced their roles I would go with someone who I don't think has a money vice IMO.

Good point about the vices. You can trust your local school teacher.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #283
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Since five of y'all threw your roles out there, and i already told y'all i was boring, I am going to let it all out too! I am the singer. Boring old singer. Thanks random.org.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #284
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Don't you mean adventure-starved?

agreed. an adventure-seeking young man becomes a congressional page
Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #285
saldana
Pro Starter

i really dont see alot of value in revealing your roles at this point. claiming any one of them doesnt actually mean a damn thing..there is a list of 30+ at the beginning, and only half or so in the game, so all a varmint humpin cowboy would have to do is pick one that no one else has claimed yet...

hey barkeep, you got some kind of problem with me that you dont think i would make a good sheriff?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #286
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

well i for 1 refuse to anounce my role. besides it aint like i believe yall when you say you have a boring role
Old 10-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #287
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i really dont see alot of value in revealing your roles at this point. claiming any one of them doesnt actually mean a damn thing..there is a list of 30+ at the beginning, and only half or so in the game, so all a varmint humpin cowboy would have to do is pick one that no one else has claimed yet...

hey barkeep, you got some kind of problem with me that you dont think i would make a good sheriff?

yea barkeep. why dont you want him to be sheriff? *poke*
Old 10-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #288
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, it was Path (not Chief Rum) who declared as Baker.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #289
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Why are we assuming that everyone has a vice?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #290
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Hey spleen. I just looked back and Chubby checked in the same way I did. Why haven't you attacked him? I will be voting for your jailing on day 1, and you better hope I'm never sheriff.

That's cool. Like I said, there wasn't much to it. You can come after me if you like. It won't benfit the villagers, though.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #291
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just as a note for those who are revealing their roles early - if you are making up a boring role as a cover for a powerful role, this could become an issue later in the game unless you can demonstrate your real role. I would not be at all surprised if there is a role in this game that has the ability to determine a person's role (as opposed to cowboy/not-cowboy). Or a soothsayer-type role who might examine a role statement. And there is obviously the danger of claiming a role that someone else actually holds ...

I'm all for being a little deceptive in these games for the greater good. I would just caution people about being needlessly deceptive and potentially creating problems for us later in the game.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #292
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Why are we assuming that everyone has a vice?

not assuming everyone does, but putting out some that might be there from those that have choosen to reveal their role ect.

really trying to get some discussion going as this is not a normal day 1 for the villagers, i.e. no lynch for us today.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #293
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just as a note for those who are revealing their roles early - if you are making up a boring role as a cover for a powerful role, this could become an issue later in the game unless you can demonstrate your real role. I would not be at all surprised if there is a role in this game that has the ability to determine a person's role (as opposed to cowboy/not-cowboy). Or a soothsayer-type role who might examine a role statement. And there is obviously the danger of claiming a role that someone else actually holds ...

I'm all for being a little deceptive in these games for the greater good. I would just caution people about being needlessly deceptive and potentially creating problems for us later in the game.

from reading the roles I'd say the judge might have this power
Old 10-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #294
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
SnDvls, it was Path (not Chief Rum) who declared as Baker.

thanks, I read him quoting path and not the original post, sorry all.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #295
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree. That's why people should just be honest about their roles in the first place.

Saldana, I have no real objection to your being sherrif. I'll even vote for you if someone would just explain what makes you a good candidate versus the others out there.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #296
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Post 295 was in reference to hoop's post 291.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #297
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree. That's why people should just be honest about their roles in the first place.

Saldana, I have no real objection to your being sherrif. I'll even vote for you if someone would just explain what makes you a good candidate versus the others out there.

have to side w/ barkeep on this.

I don't want you to reveal your role, but for those that are out there (6 I believe now) only 4 seem to be "safe" bets right now.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #298
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have no in-game reason for voting for Saldana over another player. But my first selection (Cronin) begged out of the job and I didn't want to jump on the candidate of the moment, Lonestargirl. There have been a few people who followed me onto Saldana since that time, which is OK with me in that we are going to have a real race for the job.

I would take the conversation another direction - is there a clear-cut reason to vote for anyone on Day 1 for this role? If you give credence to the early reveals I can buy that logic to some extent. But as has been previously noted, there are a ton of roles and the list provided is not necessarily all-inclusive.

If we make a bad decision here, there are ways to correct it. It isn't like the Spawn Captain, where it was very challenging to displace that person.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #299
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have no in-game reason for voting for Saldana over another player. But my first selection (Cronin) begged out of the job and I didn't want to jump on the candidate of the moment, Lonestargirl. There have been a few people who followed me onto Saldana since that time, which is OK with me in that we are going to have a real race for the job.

I would take the conversation another direction - is there a clear-cut reason to vote for anyone on Day 1 for this role? If you give credence to the early reveals I can buy that logic to some extent. But as has been previously noted, there are a ton of roles and the list provided is not necessarily all-inclusive.

If we make a bad decision here, there are ways to correct it. It isn't like the Spawn Captain, where it was very challenging to displace that person.

we can elect a new sheriff w/ a 50% majority so we do have an out, although it gets harder with some trust of someone.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #300
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola -
also we can not lynch with out a person in jail and we can not jail without a sheriff. hench the need to fill the role ASAP.

alan what happens if we on day 2 put someone in jail then day 3 the sheriff in charge lynches him and we also elect a new sheriff that day?