Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Maybe 10-6-4 is more realistic and would fit my 50% model that I had stuck in my head...

But I'm babbling.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #52
hoopsguy
General Manager

These posts do not count.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #53
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
These posts do not count.

Thats why Im getting my posts out of the way now. When the game starts, I'm going to be a low key player with very low posts staying under the radar.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #54
spleen1015
Coordinator

LYNCH Alan T
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
LYNCH Alan T

I hope I end up on your team and you have to find some way to weasel out of this!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #56
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
LYNCH Alan T

I want to come out right now and say that I'm Pro Lynch. I've waffled on the fence, and probably will again throughout this game. I just want to state for the record that I'm Anti-Lynch.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I want to come out right now and say that I'm Pro Lynch. I've waffled on the fence, and probably will again throughout this game. I just want to state for the record that I'm Anti-Lynch.

We will have to agree to disagree then!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #58
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Thats why Im getting my posts out of the way now. When the game starts, I'm going to be a low key player with very low posts staying under the radar.

No, they REALLY dont count.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #59
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess this is alot like War games then. The only way to win is to just not play!
Old 10-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #60
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I hope I end up on your team and you have to find some way to weasel out of this!

Bah! That's easy.

UNLYNCH Alan T

The hasn't started, so no harm done.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #61
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree then!

That should be easy, as I'm having trouble agreeing with myself.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
That should be easy, as I'm having trouble agreeing with myself.

I disagree
Old 10-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I never thought I would say this about another person in this forum, but ... you need to get a hobby to tide you over between werewolf games
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:25 PM   #64
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

As I don't think it was spelled out in the rules:

You must vote to lynch each day
A tie vote results in no lynch
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #65
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, I never thought I would say this about another person in this forum, but ... you need to get a hobby to tide you over between werewolf games

Work is my hobby between WW games. I've been on the phone with Cisco support all day though in regards to some failed hardware that I have, so been somewhat a slow day for me
Old 10-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #66
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I see Alan is already woking the. I've posted more than so and so angle. He's skewing the numbers too early. We'll just have to adjust his posts here. Always see his post numbers and subtract 50.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #67
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I see Alan is already woking the. I've posted more than so and so angle. He's skewing the numbers too early. We'll just have to adjust his posts here. Always see his post numbers and subtract 50.

I'm going to get my post count up to 100 before day 1 starts and then disappear for like 5 days. I'll come back and people won't even know I'm playing and say I've been playing under the radar. I then will say how can I be playing under the radar if I have 101 posts??
Old 10-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #68
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Roles will be sent out tonight when I get back from pitch

Day one deadline will be 11pm EST Wednesday.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #69
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Roles have been randomly assigned via random.org. PMs are in the process of being sent
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #70
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

woo!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #71
spleen1015
Coordinator

Sweetness!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #72
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sweet, need more werewolf.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #73
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Excellent! Werewolf is good for the soul. Paranoia all the way around.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #74
st.cronin
General Manager

My brains are not at all tasty, for the record. Please do not eat them.

As I understand the rules, the Star police chief's only power is that he knows who is who. I think there is a way we can get him to show himself, but, obviously, it's way too early for that.

Some other thoughts:

Best case for Stars is for the zombies to eat umbrella at night. Umbrella is obviously going to try to fit in with the Stars.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:56 PM   #75
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

All PMs are sent, if anyone has questions you can always ask me in PM.

Note: Abilities luck and vaccinated are not known to players.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #76
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
As I understand the rules, the Star police chief's only power is that he knows who is who. I think there is a way we can get him to show himself, but, obviously, it's way too early for that.

Why would we want him to show himself? Wouldn't that make him a target for either Umbrella or the zombies?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #77
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Why would we want him to show himself? Wouldn't that make him a target for either Umbrella or the zombies?

Yes, of course. That's why I said we wouldn't want him to reveal himself NOW. It's an end game, or near end-game, play.

knives out
Old 10-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #78
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

It is front page news that Special Investigator Ben Lewis was found dead outside S.T.A.R.S. headquarters. That he was dead was not a surprise as he had been missing for two weeks, what was the surprise was the cause of death. The body was found to have what appeared to be teeth marks in the skull and his brain was exposed!

How could this happen? Was it possible that there were zombies in our midst once again? A citywide curfew has been put in place by the Chief of Police. S.T.A.R.S. has been called into special duty once more. Can they uncover what is going on at Umbrella and make Raccoon City safe once more?

Day One has begun. Deadline is 11pm EST on wednesday.

Last edited by Chubby : 10-24-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:04 PM   #79
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well Stars want the zombies dead, Umbrella wants stars dead and zombies want everyone dead.

Stars members care more about killing zombies than Umbrella members, however I think that there is very little reason to not kill umbrella members too even though it doesn't necessarily push the stars closer to the winning condition, it gets rid of one of the teams that will be aiming for the stars to die.

Umbrella members benefit by having the zombies around to an extent, because the zombies help umbrella reach their goal of killing off the stars. Umbrella members just have to try to avoid getting sacked by the zombies themselves. I think Umbrella's strategy will be to go after stars alone and leave the zombies.

Zombies I think don't care necessarily who they kill to start. Obviously if one team is running lower than the other later in the game, they will try to kill off the winning team to prevent them from meeting their winning condition.

So my guess for early game strats will be:

Stars -> kill anyone not stars
Umbrella -> focus on stars alone
Zombies -> Kill anyone.

Key nights as I see for us this game will be:

Night 3 - First night the Zombies can infect someone. Target who is vaccinated will be immune to this.

Night 4 - Umbrella can kidnap someone to turn into the nemesis. They'll likely work with their team mates to identify a good target the first three nights.

Night 5 - Second night the Zombies can try to infect someone not vaccinated. (at 1/2 the success rate of previous success on night 3 if they had success)

So some key questions we have to figure out:

1) How many of each team do we think there are? earlier I said 10-6-4 but after reading more and seeing the possibilitiy of 2 converts on the zombies team (or even more maybe), and only 19 players I would think its either 10-6-3 or 11-5-3 right now.

2) Being Vaccinated seems to be something pretty important, and will be a focus of this game as we get to days 3+

I guess my biggest curiosity will be how people will come out at the beginning.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:11 PM   #80
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Role received, I'm good to go.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #81
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
2) Being Vaccinated seems to be something pretty important, and will be a focus of this game as we get to days 3+
Although, nobody seems to know who is vaccinated, so it looks as though it will work as a random mechanic to interfere with zombie attempts to convert.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #82
st.cronin
General Manager

I think 3 zombies sounds right, maybe even 2.

knives out
Old 10-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #83
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess my biggest curiosity will be how people will come out at the beginning.

Ambiguously.

Seriously, I think you have a pretty solid analysis of the early strategies. I'm not sure about numbers. With the number of players in the game I can't imagine more than three zombies.......but I'm kind of stuck on the stars/umbrella breakdown.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:15 PM   #84
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, of course. That's why I said we wouldn't want him to reveal himself NOW. It's an end game, or near end-game, play.

Technically, I would disagree. Because of the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post

*Police Chief - You are the only member of S.T.A.R.S. that knows the identity of all your fellow members. You still have no PM privileges, you may be good at catching criminals but you suck at email. Role revealing has dire consequences for S.T.A.R.S.

Seems to me that even an end game strategy a reveal might be a bit bad for the chief.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #85
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Although, nobody seems to know who is vaccinated, so it looks as though it will work as a random mechanic to interfere with zombie attempts to convert.

Unless some people start out vaccinated perhaps.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:17 PM   #86
st.cronin
General Manager

Do we know if all roles are in the game?

knives out
Old 10-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #87
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post

Roles may or may not be in the game.

Nope, we don't
Old 10-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #88
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Unless some people start out vaccinated perhaps.

If I'm understanding correctly it sounds like the vaccinated trait is already assigned but those players are not yet aware of it.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #89
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Technically, I would disagree. Because of the following:

Seems to me that even an end game strategy a reveal might be a bit bad for the chief.

There are ways to role reveal without role revealing. For example, the police chief could vote for a different player not on his list each day. Some other possibilities have occured to me, as well. It's a difficult mechanic, to be sure, but one I think we need to exploit.

knives out
Old 10-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #90
Tyrith
College Starter

Of course, if we give this away it also gives the bad guys a chance to drop some hints that maybe one of them is the chief, especially because the chief can't just identify himself as who he is. Thus, we need to tread lightly for a while, until we get some voting records.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #91
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There are ways to role reveal without role revealing. For example, the police chief could vote for a different player not on his list each day. Some other possibilities have occured to me, as well. It's a difficult mechanic, to be sure, but one I think we need to exploit.

My thought on how the Chief should play is different than that a tad.

The Chief can't reveal, but all roles are revealed on death. Obviously the Chief is of its most use in death, but if he doesn't live long enough to get his message across then he becomes rather nullified.

The reason I asked Chubby what I did before roles were revealed is obviously I am guessing Chubby won't let him just come out and say I distrust: (Everyone except his list of good guys). So my guess is the chief wants to last as long as possible, and once he is dead it would be important to go and look and see who he did -not- vote for moreso than who he did vote for.

The chief won't know who are zombies vs umbrella, but he sure will know who his team is. That will help Stars members prevent themselves from killing off their own at some point.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #92
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

The only addition I would add to your strategy post Alan is I think that the Zombies might be better off with going after the Umbrellas early . since having the umbrellas out of the game won't hurt the Zombies where as getting rid of a lot of Stars could make it easier for the umbrellas to win.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #93
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
The only addition I would add to your strategy post Alan is I think that the Zombies might be better off with going after the Umbrellas early . since having the umbrellas out of the game won't hurt the Zombies where as getting rid of a lot of Stars could make it easier for the umbrellas to win.

I doubt they will intentionally try to do that. I think they want Spencer (umbrella) to kidnap someone to make the nemesis, since as I read it, the nemesis is on the zombie team.

The big question however is how will they know who is umbrella vs who is stars?

I am guessing the zombies will just go after anyone not them. They'll try to take out people similar to what normal bad guys do in games strategy wise. I think they are the ones least changed by having three factions.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #94
Tyrith
College Starter

In this game it seems like you just have to kill everyone that isn't on your team. Us STARS guys would optimally just kill zombies, but we have to play defense against Umbrella. Umbrella would prefer to let the zombies run around and eat away at the STARS majority but they also have to look after themselves in the long run. Although, actually, Umbrella probably can't win without zombies doing most of the work because they have to kill ALL STARS members. The wild card being, of course, what kind of "research" is going on.

And of course zombies need to kill anyone and everything that isn't on their side. ZOMBIE -- EAT FLESH

Advantage for STARS is that we have plenty of seer/witness type powers available plus a hunter. Considering the numbers in this game I have to believe STARS has all of its roles in the game. Zombies absolutely have at least one infector. Umbrella probably has all its named roles and the BG too, especially seeing that the BG isn't particularly powerful.

It's gonna be interesting, however it goes.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #95
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I doubt they will intentionally try to do that. I think they want Spencer (umbrella) to kidnap someone to make the nemesis, since as I read it, the nemesis is on the zombie team.

The big question however is how will they know who is umbrella vs who is stars?

I am guessing the zombies will just go after anyone not them. They'll try to take out people similar to what normal bad guys do in games strategy wise. I think they are the ones least changed by having three factions.

Yeah, zombies have no way of targeting any particular faction unless we feed them the information, and at that point it'll be late enough in the game they will be doing whatever they need to be doing anyway.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:52 PM   #96
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Umbrella needs to have all of STARS "taken care of". I wonder if there are some additional options there beyond killed and zombified?

Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 PM   #97
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Umbrella needs to have all of STARS "taken care of". I wonder if there are some additional options there beyond killed and zombified?

Unless it has something to do with the research I don't see any. Chubby was pretty clear there wasn't going to be secret crap beyond things specifically hidden in the rules.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:55 PM   #98
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Yeah, zombies have no way of targeting any particular faction unless we feed them the information, and at that point it'll be late enough in the game they will be doing whatever they need to be doing anyway.

I agree that they won't be able choose which faction is eaten first. And The Zombies do want to keep around the kidnapper. Even though there are more Stars now than the other two( or so we think.) If the Stars members get a little low they will have to watch who they eat to keep the Umbrellas from winning.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:59 PM   #99
st.cronin
General Manager

Why would the umbrella go through with the kidnapping? I don't see an upside for them.

knives out
Old 10-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #100
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Why would the umbrella go through with the kidnapping? I don't see an upside for them.

More zombies = more dead STARS. There's also the "research" thing I keep coming back to; who knows what it could be, but there hast o be some reason.