Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Werewolf XXXIX: The Lady of La Rochelle–GAME OVER.

Welcome to Werewolf, the Three Musketeers. I’m looking at starting the game with a weekend day one cycle. If there are challenges with that, then we can start on Monday, I’m open to input. The game will be over by December 20th, Wednesday prior to the Christmas holiday.

The game will be intermediate in complexity, with an unconventional rule component adding a hint of RPG. Nothing too crazy.

This game should accommodate new players very well.

BACKGROUND:

The Religious wars of Sixteenth century France decided little in the bitter religious struggle of Catholic versus Protestant, and though the edict of Nantes in 1598 granted tolerance to the Protestant Huguenots, both sides knew the issue of religion had not been solved, just postponed. The crown and the majority of people remained staunch Catholics, while Calvinism took hold in small areas and classes of French society.

The heart of the Huguenot movement remained at La Rochelle, one of Frances major ports. The city’s vast defenses had held off large armies in the prior religious wars. The King had been forced to treat the city almost as a separate nation.

The Protestant cities arrogance and power grew. It became a rallying point for violent Protestant actions, including destroying Catholic churches and harboring pirates that preyed on French ships. In order to reduce the bloody conflict, the King and his advisor Cardinal Richelieu have decided to take La Rochelle once and for all.

It is the tenth of September 1627, La Rochelle is backed by England and their champion George Villiers, the Duke of Buckingham has been sent to assist the Rebels!

French Loyalists currently hold the key military fort at the mouth of La Rochelle’s harbor known as St. Martin. The English must take St. Martin to open the harbor in order to resupply the Protestants within La Rochelle.

Cardinal Richlelieu is within a week or so of arriving with the French Army to help reinforce the fort and King Louis XIII is arriving shortly after that with more forces. Buckingham has arrived and is laying siege to St. Martin.

You are all members of the Cardinals Guard, an elite fighting unit charged with protecting the Cardinal and to do his bidding. You have been sent ahead to enter St.Martin and assist holding the fort until the Cardinal arrives.

The beautiful Anne of Austria, the Queen of France is known to be one of the most captivating women in the world. It is rumored that Buckingham has a great love for her and she may have the same for him. It is also rumored that Cardinal Richlelieu has designs for Anne. Is this battle over religion or a woman?

Your Commander Captain Grenier has advised there is a special company of the Musketeers that specializes in espionage, known as the Black Musketeers. It has been confirmed that members of this unit have been tasked with assassinating the Cardinal. Apparently the King or the Captain of the Musketeers has decided the Cardinal has too powerful a hold on the kingdom, making the King appear weak. This along with the rumors of the Cardinals, ahem, relationship with the Queen…… The Musketeers have apparently infiltrated this unit of the Cardinals Guard. There are Musketeers among us and we must eliminate them in order to save Cardinal Richelieu. We have been sealed in St. Martin until the vile Musketeers have been eliminated!

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-17-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Factions:

Cardinals Guard = the uninformed majority (townies in werewolf). Cardinals Guard do not know each other and cannot PM or communicate outside of posts within the thread, unless their role PM permits

Musketeers = the informed minority (wolves in werewolf). Know each other and can PM each other

Victory Conditions:

Cardinals Guard - eliminate all Musketeers, saving the Cardinal
Musketeers - eliminate all Cardinals Guard, paving the way to kill the Cardinal

General Info:

The day cycle ends at 10pm Eastern Time
The night cycle ends at 6am Eastern Time, if all night actions are in prior to end of cycle, I will process the actions
Roles and abilities are not listed publicly prior to death
Roles and factions are revealed by GM upon death

Votes are caste each day to lynch. A majority must be reached in order to execute a consensus lynch. If a majority is not reached, then the top two vote recipients will duel to 3rd Blood (death). If there is a tie in votes for the top two vote recipients, the GM will determine the tie breaker and who will duel

Duels – M. Grenier has a matched pair of wheel lock dueling pistols. These will be primed and loaded before everyone’s eyes just prior to the duel. Each man will stand back to back and take ten paces. Upon the command of “fire”, each man will turn and fire his pistol at the other. If both men are still standing, they will draw rapiers and fight to 3rd blood. All duels will occur at the end of the day round.

During the night cycle all PMs regarding night actions are processed. The Musketeers have the ability to assassinate each night cycle

All Cardinals Guard have been relieved of their pistols and muskets. Of course each man has retained a rapier and dagger, as no gentleman would be left unarmed. Each man has a gentleman’s lackey. Although you are confined within citadel St. Martin, you are still a civilized member of an elite French military unit. You are permitted to move about the stronghold, but not leave. Your gentleman’s lackey fetches your meals, cleans your clothes and keeps your uniform in general good appearance. In come cases your manservant may run additional errands, pass notes, etc. For game purposes they are background and support to facilitate some game events and do not take a freestyle role in the game. In other words, you cannot request your gentleman’s lackey to execute events of your choice. You may have a special action that you can use, where the manservant facilitates the event or you may not, depending upon your role.

Challenges – As gentleman often disagree so strongly with one another and at times feel they have been dishonored or greatly offended, you have the gentleman’s right to challenge. Anyone can challenge another to a duel, by calling out the offender and dropping his glove in challenge. The challenged has the right to refuse or accept. A challenge that has been accepted, will result in a duel to 3rd blood at the end of the day round.

Only one challenge duel will be conducted per day. This can result in two duels at the end of a day. One from the challenge and one from a less than majority lynch vote. If multiple challenges occur and you cannot work out who should fight, the GM will determine. This will usually result in the first challenge accepted taking the duel. Although a particularly grievous event could trump first acceptance.

Skills

Each player will have ratings of ineffective, poor, average, good, or outstanding in the following categories:

Firearms
Speed – how quickly you can turn and fire your weapon
Accuracy – how well you can it what you target

Fencing
Attack – ability to score a hit
Parry – ability to deflect an attack

Defense – general ability to dodge an attack, used to defend against a firearm attack. Also used to defend against an unarmed fencing attack or any other event that may occur which requires a defensive check

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-06-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Roster:

1 Izulde - Cardinals Guard, Marksman. Murdered via slit throat NIGHT 1
2 st.cronin - Cardinals Guard, student of theology
3 DaddyTorgo - Black Musketeer, with charming devil trait. Killed by LSG in vote duel on DAY 7
4 Jonathan Ezarik - Cardinals Guard, Renaissance Man. Killed by Coffee Warlord in vote duel, DAY 3
5 path12 - Cardinals Guard, Blackmailed. Killed by LSG in a duel on DAY 4
6 Lathum - The Lady DeWinter, Disqualified via Lynch duel on DAY 6
7 Barkeep49 - Cardinals Guard, Studying to be Fencing Master, Killed by SnDvl by pistol shot NIGHT 2
8 Tyrith - Cardinals Guard, the Fencing Master, murdered on NIGHT 5
9 Blade6119 - Black Musketeer and the Spy, killed by LSG in a duel on DAY 5
10 Chief Rum - Cardinals Guard, Member of the Order de la Reine. Beheaded DAY 1
11 ntndeacon - Cardinals Guard, duelist. Killed in challenge duel by LSG on DAY 7
12 Fouts - Cardinals Guard Lieutenant, throat slit on NIGHT 6
13 Mr.Wednesday - Brittish Agent, Murdered NIGHT 2
14 BrianD - Cardinals Guard, Urban Tracker, Murdered NIGHT 4
15 Coffee Warlord - Black Musketeer, Lieutenant. Killed by Gallagher's Maul via lynch on DAY4
16 SnDvls - Black Musketeer, Vicious trait, killed by Barkeep in sword fight NIGHT 2
17 AlanT - Cardinals Guard, Investigator. Poisoned NIGHT 1
18 LoneStarGirl - Cardinals Guard, Duelist
19 Anxiety - Cardinals Guard, Member of the Order de la Reine. Killed by ntndeacon in vote duel, DAY 2
20 hoopsguy - Cardinals Guard, Retired Investigator, poisoned on NIGHT 4
21 Dubb93 - Cardinals Guard, Unsavory Character, stabbed night 3

Day 1 Begins:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...25#post1329325
End of Day 1:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...37#post1330937
End of Night 1:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...40#post1331240
End of Day 2:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...10#post1332110
End of Night 2
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...97#post1332297
End of Day 3
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...54#post1333254
End of Night 3
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...50#post1333450
End of Day 4
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...84#post1334384
End of Night 4
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...71#post1334471
End of Day 5
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...81#post1335081
End of Night 5
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...50#post1335150
End of Day 6
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...99#post1335899
End of Night 6
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...00#post1335900
End of Day 7 – GAME OVER
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//...17#post1336817

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-17-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

In!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
st.cronin
General Manager

in

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

In.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #8
path12
Coordinator

In.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd like to play.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
Tyrith
College Starter

in
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill play, but all of my grand-standing to cover for cronin has left me a little tired so expect me a little more reserved. Especially with the small game
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #13
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Ill play, but all of my grand-standing to cover for cronin has left me a little tired so expect me a little more reserved. Especially with the small game

I suspect neither one of us will last long in this game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #14
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In. I'll bet I die first.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #15
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:45 AM   #16
Fouts
College Starter

I'll play if there is room.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:25 AM   #17
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Est. start/finish? I'm available through the 19th, but I'm traveling for the holidays on the 20th and unavailable thereafter.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #18
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Est. start/finish? I'm available through the 19th, but I'm traveling for the holidays on the 20th and unavailable thereafter.

If we start day one over the weekend, we can either end day one on Sunday or Monday. That makes a the first kill at the latest on the 11th. Then we are looking at a game that should not go past two weeks. No limit on size, but depending upon how many people play, there will be a mechanic to ensure the game moves along.

I will say this, I am leaving for vacation on the 20th, but can facilitate the game on 20th, 21st and 22nd, should it go that long. I may run a little late on the 20th. The open question will be, does the group want to postpone if we hit mid week of the 20th? Or would you prefer we ensure the game mechanic allows for a pace that ends the game by mid week two of the game? That would be 8 game days. I think I would prefer to ensure the game ends prior to the Holidays, whether that is game day 8 or 10.

Either way Mr. W, your probably good to play.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #19
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I need to avenge my quick death from last game. I'm in.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #20
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
If we start day one over the weekend, we can either end day one on Sunday or Monday. That makes a the first kill at the latest on the 11th. Then we are looking at a game that should not go past two weeks. No limit on size, but depending upon how many people play, there will be a mechanic to ensure the game moves along.

I will say this, I am leaving for vacation on the 20th, but can facilitate the game on 20th, 21st and 22nd, should it go that long. I may run a little late on the 20th. The open question will be, does the group want to postpone if we hit mid week of the 20th? Or would you prefer we ensure the game mechanic allows for a pace that ends the game by mid week two of the game? That would be 8 game days. I think I would prefer to ensure the game ends prior to the Holidays, whether that is game day 8 or 10.

Either way Mr. W, your probably good to play.

I think the mechanic should be such that the game will most likely end by day 8. It seems that everyone is going ot be getting really busy around the end of that week, and I don't see a reason to deal with having to play with half the players available or with making the game wait for a week.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Guess who's in the mood for some WW action.

In.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #22
SnDvls
Pro Starter

in
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #23
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #24
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Fencing? will there be duels in it?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll play
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #26
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
Fencing? will there be duels in it?

You can be sure if it.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #27
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Viva La France!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #28
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Viva La France!

Oh, I feel obligated to point out this event occurs at a point in time prior to the term "French Resistance" being an oxymoron......
Old 12-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #29
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Uhm, I think I want to play. But i messed up so badly last game I dont know if I should.... if you need me Gramm im in.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #31
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Uhm, I think I want to play. But i messed up so badly last game I dont know if I should.... if you need me Gramm im in.
Real life intruding is not "messed up so badly," FYI.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #32
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Please do play.

Also, getting whacked by a softball is not messing up. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #33
hoopsguy
General Manager

En garde!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #34
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Please do play.

Also, getting whacked by a softball is not messing up. Hope you are feeling better.

when I first read this I though you told her not to play I was gonna say that's not cool...then I reread it.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #35
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

get your derriere in this game LSG!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #36
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let me just state that ability has never been a mitigating factor. If it had been several of us grizzeled vets would no longer be playing. So I don't think LSG really did anything many of us haven't done before and the game is played becaue it's fun.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #37
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yeah, LSG don't worry. You have played well and I'm sure will help make this game better than it would be without you.

I added you to the roster.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #38
Izulde
Head Coach

Gram, I'm just curious. Do the challenges have any effect besides the flavour of another duel if one takes place?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #39
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'll play.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #40
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Gram, I'm just curious. Do the challenges have any effect besides the flavour of another duel if one takes place?

If I understand your question correctly, the only effect is a potential duel and a death that results in the elimination of that player from the game. Of course, you can read whatever you want into a players motive for wanting to kill another player, etc.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #41
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i dont know if i should play, i kinda bagged the last game. but dueling would keep me more interested. and i would duel till i die for sure. hmmmm
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #42
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

All of our duels are to 3rd Blood. The 17th century terminology I'm pulling this from is:

To 1st Blood = until one man is wounded
To 2nd Blood = until one man surrenders
To 3rd Blood = until one man is dead
Old 12-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #43
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Regarding a start date, would you all like to start with roles sent out tomorrow (Friday) and have end of day one be Sunday evening?

or

End of day one be Monday evening?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #44
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm ready to play whenever.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #45
Blade6119
Coordinator

sunday evening...monday would make it too long for me, since day 1 will be fairly simple anways
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #46
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let's start this sucka.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #47
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I agree let's get started
Old 12-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #48
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Thanks Gram

Lets get started!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #49
Tyrith
College Starter

Sergeant Slate says, "It's time to die, hoopsguy!"
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #50
hoopsguy
General Manager

Perfect - I'm hoping for a really stupid, ridiculous Day 1 death. Frankly, I'm overdue for one.

Note: role not yet received!