Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #251
hoopsguy
General Manager

On a related note, I would be interested to hear what DaddyTorgo has to say about his "contact" with Blade6119. And, if it resonates, would probably consider him as an alternate candidate to Anxiety. It always puts my hairs on end when my ideas are too warmly received by people and the line to annoit Anxiety judge at this point seems to have grown quickly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #252
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Well, I'd like to know if anyone else wants to share who they will be voting for as judge tomorrow.

I think I'll vote for Anxiety.

I think it would be a good idea to get a decent headcount, so we don't get surprised by the anonymous vote.

At this time, I have absolutely no idea. I wouldn't mind voting for Anxiety, but for some reason the campaigning for him has struck me as odd. I can't put my finger on it, but it's enough to lean me away from voting for him.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #253
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Blade6119 Post #182, 9:02PM CST:

Blade6119 Post #245 10:54PM CST:

OK, so here is what I'm trying to put together. Two hours earlier LSG is the other one you would vote Sheriff because she stated that she could "prove her goodness". However, you also believe that your role is unique and now do not trust her.

So, were you lying then (you would vote for her as judge) or are you lying now (you don't trust her)? Because I am pretty sure that I won't be voting for someone I don't trust and least a little more than the average bear.
If she can prove her action, i would be happy to. People seemed clear they would not vote me until i proved my case, and i assumed the same applied to her. If she can prove herself, i would much rather vote her then anxiety or barkeep or such and such.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 PM   #254
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I don't think anyone loves Anxiety.

I love me!

And for the record, I love each and every one of you.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #255
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Big City Herald
Edition 1

Peace on the upswing?

It appears perhaps the rumors about the mafia crime ring in town are just that.. rumors... Ever since a new vigilante approach to law enforcement has appeared, crime rates have reached a low for the year. One or two names have been shouted out as targets for the starts of a lynch mob, however the mob has not really come to full steam and most of the citizens of the Big City have been content in their every day happenings.

Pawn Shop empty!

The big story last week was the opening of the giant new Pawn shop in the middle of the commercial district. As of the close of the presses however no merchandise has yet to be seen there. Perhaps the store owner had a change of heart and has looked to other big cities such as Boise, Idaho.

Big City goes Hi-tech.

The buzz about town is all about a new message board that many of the Big City's citizens have found themselves signing up for. Early showings however appear that it might be all hype as there have not been any postings of yet. Messageboard management state however that they feel its only a matter of time. The Herald has been unable to verify whether or not the management's figures of 55% of all Big City residents are subscribers is true. It appears most choose to not comment on their membership status.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #256
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Here's the problem I have with all of this. You claimed that someone could clear you, and you made it sound like there was no doubt about it. But now you're saying you don't know what DT was told or how he'll interpret what happened. To me, those two statements are worlds apart, and it causes me to question everything you've said.

Someone can clear me, whether they chose to or not is up to them. In my mind, he should have everything he needs to trust me. If he says he cant clear me, then feel free to investigate me or lynch me...i really dont care what you try to do.

Ive given you all far more then anyone else, your complaints aside...ive given you a story, and someone to back it up. I cant control DT though, so i await his response as much as all of you
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #257
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
No, thats where your mistaken...what i love/loved is not my rep...what i loved was what i believed to be mutual respect with a few players i enjoy playing with.

I respect you!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #258
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Anxiety is a nice, calm guy...but no matter what he does, i cant trust him

Until I'm cleared? Is this a general WW comment? I hope not a comment about the board in general

Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #259
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Judge is going to be a pretty thankless job anyway. I remember being Pharaoh......people are gonna bitch no matter what you do.

I was the Elder Guard in that game and I had your back!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:23 PM   #260
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Until I'm cleared? Is this a general WW comment? I hope not a comment about the board in general

Until you are cleared by someone i tend to trust yes...im sorry for the confusion there. On the board i find you quite trustworthy, and likeable(unlike my BLOOD FOE LATHUM!!!!! )
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #261
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yes, there are other ways money might enter the game.

Inheritance? Gambling? Crack Dealing? Selling objets d'art?

Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #262
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I respect you!

The feeling is mutual...you have been a solid player from day 1 of your WW career, and are a great asset for the WW community here at FOFC(by the way, nice play in survivor...i trusted you and wanted kwhit dead...you totally had me fooled)
Demotivation
Old 02-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #263
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The feeling is mutual...you have been a solid player from day 1 of your WW career, and are a great asset for the WW community here at FOFC(by the way, nice play in survivor...i trusted you and wanted kwhit dead...you totally had me fooled)

Course, I was one of the ones who backed you as a mod way back when

And thanks for noticing!

-Anxiety

Old 02-27-2007, 01:08 AM   #264
kingfc22
Head Coach

Man, that was a lot of reading. Forgot how much you guys post in these WW games.

I think it would be a good idea to get a judge voted in early, so that we can have somebody in place to use those actions. Who should be judge? Now that is a much tougher question.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 AM   #265
Blade6119
Coordinator

This is a very odd note, and it may mean absolutely nothing, but hoopsguy has been calling me by my full name, Blade6119 this game...he, like everyone else, always calls me just Blade...its just odd to me, that this game he is using my full moniker. Prob. means nothing, i just noticed it and felt like sharing
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 02:42 AM   #266
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Reading Blade's posts always leaves me feeling like I'm really, really stupid and not seeing the obvious. Which is often true enough anyway. Although I'm a bit confused about Blade talking about day and night actions. Is that just a case of using generic WW terms, as my understanding is that there are no day and night actions in this game.

LIke just about everyone else I think we need to get a judge as soon as possible. The best shot we have of getting a judge as soon as possible is to state who we're voting for. Anxiety seems to be getting a lot of votes and as we need 11 votes I'll be voting for him, unless anything dramatic happens today. I think we should be suspicious of anyone who doesn't state who they're voting for as judge, I can't see any reason why a law-abiding citizen shouldn't say. A comparison of announced votes and voting results should be a real boon if everyone states their vote. But if 5 or so people don't say then it just allows too much grey area for the wolves to hide in.

Of course if there are seer and bodyguard type roles in the game they both should be looking at whoever the judge is as soon as possible.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 AM   #267
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Reading Blade's posts always leaves me feeling like I'm really, really stupid and not seeing the obvious. Which is often true enough anyway. Although I'm a bit confused about Blade talking
Trust me, no one understands the crazy talk i spew...i create crazy conspiracies in my head that seem totally out of whack to everyone else, but i present as if their basic fact and anyone who doesnt get them is retarded. Most of the time, its just me being crazy...ask most of the players here, nobody thinks me sane. A better method, and the best way to deal with me, is simply skip over every post i make. You will find your self far less confused, and likely far closer to capturing evil. There is a large portion here who thinks me a terrible player, and i think it is best for your continued well being, both in game and in your head, that you join them.
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 AM   #268
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

PS Hello everyone. I'm the noobie around these parts.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #269
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

At last, I have arrived!

Thanks to my friends at the Anaheim Public Utilities, I have been without power since late Saturday evening (4th time it has gone out in four months, and affected my JTR game, too).

It looks like I missed a lot. I'm trying to catch up.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #270
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I figured I would throw my hat into the ring. And here's something I can promise you: I'm not on your side. That goes for everyone.

Why does that make me a good judge? Because I don't care about making one side or the other happy. I am perfectly content doing my thing, which I can do without help from anyone, and it doesn't matter if good or bad ones.

So why would either side want me? Well, I would be outside of being influenced within the confines of this game, and as a rule, I fall back on reason and fairness when I make my decisions. So what I am offering is a fair, impartial judge.

None of you may want that. You may want someone in there on your side, and I can't blame you for that. But when you can't be certain who is on your side, it makes sense to go for the guy who admits he isn't on anyone's side.

I'm sure you'll ask why I would want to do this. The way I see it, I have a relatively unimportant role whose removal from the game wouldn't make much difference, so a target on my back doesn't matter much. This is a way for me to get more into the game and be useful then my role currently calls for. So that is why I am interested.

That said, if none of you find this appealing, I will continue to do my thing as I please and watch events unfold with interest.

One last critique, I am sure, will be my disappearing to my job. That won't be an issue. I will make myself available via email to all of those who need it for decisions more time-dependent than my schedule allows, and there is no day where I won't be available here at some point (and often for long periods).

I also served as a sheriff in the Tombstone game, and I don't think anyone had any complaints with how I handled it. I was voted out only because Chubby had proven himself to be good (I was also good there, but couldn't prove it).

BTW, I think Anxiety would be an excellent choice, if none of you take me up on my offer.

I think it is important we get a judge in there on the first day and establish a decision-making hierarchy, so whoever we vote in, I certainly recommend we do so today.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #271
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This next post will come as no surprise (the one following this), because I have made little secret that I am independent. There are few listed role options for such allegiances, and I have come to believe there is an even better way for me to make myself useful then as the judge (although I will keep my hat in the ring).

Explanatory post to follow.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #272
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!

CHIEF RUM"S BETTIN' BONANZA

I represent a diamond opportunity for you all to make some money, should you desire it. I am the sports gambler, an independent persona in this game, and, now, an entrepreneur. I have at my disposal the ability to place one sports bet every day. It is one bet that is named for me (by Alan), but I can choose which way to go with the bet. It is straight up, double or nothing, no lines.

Here is what I propose. Money may be passed in this game. In order for this to work, you must pass money to me by sending a PM with the amount to AlanT. Then post here which team you want to bet on.

Although it hasn't been specifically expressed this way, I would imagine I will be told by Alan who gave me what amounts of money, as they would be several individual "gifts". Alan, if this is not the case, please say so, as then we would need to state the amounts here publically.

I will take in all the money and the votes. The value I give the votes will be based on money. So if I have five bettors on Team A for a total of $500, but two bettors on Team B for $600, I will put the money down on on Team B. All money not expressly bet on that day's choice will be returned to their rightful owners! So if you bet $100 on Team A, but the bets side with Team B, I will not bet your $100, and simply return it to you. I have my own money to bet, of course, but I will not consider it in this service. If my leaning goes with the public, I will likely throw my money in as well, but it won't affect the choice you, the bettors, make.

If your bet is taken, however, it is subject to the following:

1. If we win, all bettors who picked the winner will receive 190% of their bet. I will take 20% of winnings as my charge for operating this business. So if you bet $100 and win $100, you will receive $180 back...your original $100 plus your $100 in winnings minus my $20 (20% of $100 winnings) service charge.

2. I will return all monies as soon I get back to the computer, assuming theire is money to return.

3. If we lose, the money is gone, of course. I don't win anything if you guys don't win anything. Since there can only be one bet (mine, in which all monies will be pooled), we win together, and we lose together.

4. I will announce the day's game as soon as I receive it from Alan and set a deadline for bets, at which point I will place the bet and return the monies for those of you who wanted to bet the other team.

Please ask any questions you like here, so I can get back to you right away. If I don't receive a PM from Alan stating that you have delivered to me your bet money, I will not count the bet, regardless of what you post here. Also, as I suggested in my "judge" post, I am not linked with organized crime. I won't be breaking any legs. I'm just operating a business for my gain, and hopefully for you all, too.

DAY ONE BET ANNOUNCEMENT TO FOLLOW!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:20 AM   #273
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Just an FYI for everyone, I'm not going to be around until later this afternoon.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:22 AM   #274
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
1. If we win, all bettors who picked the winner will receive 190% of their bet. I will take 20% of winnings as my charge for operating this business. So if you bet $100 and win $100, you will receive $180 back...your original $100 plus your $100 in winnings minus my $20 (20% of $100 winnings) service charge.

Just to clarify. I mistyped the above in my initial post. The charge is 20%. So if win, I will take 20% of your winnings. But you keep the rest.

Bet $100. If you win, you get $180 back. Your original $100 plus 80% of the winnings ($80 from an original $100 won). Does that make sense? Sorry for the confusion.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #275
hoopsguy
General Manager

20% vig? Wow, we definitely need some competition in this town. Those sound like loan shark rates.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #276
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Day One Bet is...

KANSAS STATE at OKLAHOMA STATE

College basketball, of course. Personally, I lean toward Kansas State here, but it figures to be a close one. The line (which doesn't matter here, but is a good indicator) is around two points to K-State.

I WILL TAKE BETS UNTIL 1 P.M. PDT (4 P.M. EST). I WILL ANNOUNCE THE FINAL BET AT THAT TIME, AND DISBURSE MONIES FOR THE WRONG BET BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS.

1. Send a PM to Alan to send your money amount to me.
2. Post your choice of bet here. Make it obvious by using a bolded CHIEF RUM line at the top, so I don't miss it. If the bet goes against your choice, please also state if you would like the money returned to you, or if you would be comfortable going with the public bet.
3. The game is played.
4. When I return to the computer after the game, I will return all winnings to everyone, if there are any winnings. It should be by 3 a.m. PDT every day. I will also at that time announce the new day's bet, assuming Alan has picked one by that time.
5. If you don't get money back you are owed, feel free to report the crime to the police. I run a business on the up and up, and I assure you, if you win, you will receive your money. But there are avenues in this city for you to follow if something happens, so fear not if something goes awry.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #277
hoopsguy
General Manager

In terms of public votes, as of right now I would vote for Anxiety along with the rest of the masses because of a lack of suitable candidates in my mind. However, I would still like to consider DaddyTorgo depending on what he has to say for himself about his experience with Blade6119.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #278
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
20% vig? Wow, we definitely need some competition in this town. Those sound like loan shark rates.

Monopolies rock (for me). Yes, it is a high price, but this is an avenue for making some real good money if you play your cards right. And I don't offer the opportunity for free. Where else are you going to get a 180% return in a day legitimately in Big City?

Old 02-27-2007, 07:44 AM   #279
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

The odds are always stacked in favour of the betting institution. At least CR is open about it. I won't be betting though. What with me knowing -><- this much about college basketball.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #280
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Monopolies rock (for me). Yes, it is a high price, but this is an avenue for making some real good money if you play your cards right. And I don't offer the opportunity for free. Where else are you going to get a 180% return in a day legitimately in Big City?
Actually it's just an 80% return. And really since there's a chance you lose it's more like "lose 10% of your money over time".
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #281
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Actually it's just an 80% return. And really since there's a chance you lose it's more like "lose 10% of your money over time".

Well, that's quibbling over semantics. If you win, you're getting 180% back of your original investment, with the chance to make the same investment again the very next day.

Five straight wins with returning your winnings to the pot means $100 into $180 into $324 into $596 into $1071 into $1928. That's almost 2000% in five days, even with taking out my cut, risking only $100 originally. And it's a straight up bet, not against the line, which are easier to call. And you won't be forced into a bet you don't want to do if the public goes another way.

Is there risk? Of course. Anyone who says gambling isn't a risk is selling fool's gold. But there is tons of opportunity here, too, and I have done what I can to minimize risk.

And, remember, I don't win if we don't win. I want you guys to win. I don't make any money if you don't. If we work together, we can make the right choices, and the money will flow very nicely in Big City.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #282
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
The odds are always stacked in favour of the betting institution. At least CR is open about it. I won't be betting though. What with me knowing -><- this much about college basketball.

Consider a small bet, Narcizo. Nothing wrong with splashing a little play money that won't harm you however it goes.

That said, I know what you mean. From what I have seen so far, my guess is the bet will switch sports regularly. We will likely see hockey and pro basketball games as well, and Alan might even get more creative than that (I hope he doesn't do spring training baseball games, though; what would be the point?).

Old 02-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #283
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In any item (including money) that is gifted over to someone, I simply need a PM from you stating whom the money will go to and I will send a PM to the receipiant stating they received money and from whom. (The exception to the last part is in transactions that occur through the underground messageboard might come from an anonymous source depending on the transaction).

Once the item is gifted over, my involvement in the transaction is complete and the item is now the sole posession of the new recepiant. Any trust or deals worked out with that money is all out of my hands at that point.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #284
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well, as I know nothing about hockey, pro basketball or any other US sport, unless there's a European soccer game in there I won't be throwing my money away.

And given my record on betting on soccer I won't be throwing my money away there either.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:20 AM   #285
Barkeep49
Coordinator

CR:
Assuming Alan picks games that are toss-ups, which is likely, the odds of placing a bet on any given day is only 50%. The odds of winning that bet is only 50%. That means on any given day you only have a 25% shot of winning money. Now granted you have a 50% shot of not losing money, but your idea of five consecutive wins is only a 3% possibility, before even taking into account that your bet might not be placed.

I'm guessing your victory condition has to do with your ability to make money. This would make you one bribable judge. I don't wish you any ill in your venture, but will not be voting for you as a judge.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #286
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I love me!

And for the record, I love each and every one of you.

I think I'm going to make this my sig after the last game
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #287
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I am with Barkeep, I dont want a bookie as a judge.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #288
SnDvls
Pro Starter

CR - so you don't get to pick the game Alan does correct?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 AM   #289
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
I am with Barkeep, I dont want a bookie as a judge.

QFT
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #290
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

K State- 20-9
OK State- 19-9

Close matchup in tonights game, OK state has lost 4 in a row including dropping a 2 point heartbreaker on the road to Texas Tech last time out. K State is coming off an impressive win in Colorado and sports impressive road wins including @ Texas, @USC, and @ Nebraska. At first look it appears like 2 teams heading in the wrong direction. Throw in the fact K State needs one win in their last 2 games to clinch a first round bye in the big 12 tournament they will be looking to take care of buisness against a team that looks like they have mailed it in. OK State has owened the matchup lately with an 8-1 record in their last 9, look for KState to change that trend on the road in a big game.

I offer this as a freee service. If you take my advice and win all I ask is you donate what you consider a fair amount.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #291
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Getting back to the judge vote I don't think the mafia would seriously make an effort to get elected at this stage, as it's going to make them too obvious a target for a seer. The only worry I have is that if the only seer roles are the detectives who require the judge's co-operation to perform any checks. If that were the case then the judge would be able to make himself invulnerable to checks.

I think it much more likely that the mafia will try and sabotage the voting as much as possible so we don't have a judge and so the detectives can't do much investigating. This also means that the judge becomes a pretty obvious target once he is elected.

I think a judge vote at this stage is every bit as important as a lynch vote and any non-vote just as suspicious. Do people think that we should make our judge votes public?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #292
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

wow guys im miss about 12 hours and it takes me 40 mins to catch up on the reading, but i agree that we need to vote a judge in as soon as possible and right now id be happy voting Anxiety
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #293
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

CR

so we PM the amount of money bet to Alan then post who we bet on here?

andim lost on the part about "please also state if you would like the money returned to you, or if you would be comfortable going with the public bet"
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #294
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
K State- 20-9
OK State- 19-9

Close matchup in tonights game, OK state has lost 4 in a row including dropping a 2 point heartbreaker on the road to Texas Tech last time out. K State is coming off an impressive win in Colorado and sports impressive road wins including @ Texas, @USC, and @ Nebraska. At first look it appears like 2 teams heading in the wrong direction. Throw in the fact K State needs one win in their last 2 games to clinch a first round bye in the big 12 tournament they will be looking to take care of buisness against a team that looks like they have mailed it in. OK State has owened the matchup lately with an 8-1 record in their last 9, look for KState to change that trend on the road in a big game.

I offer this as a freee service. If you take my advice and win all I ask is you donate what you consider a fair amount.

I read yesterday that OK state hasn't won a road confernce game all year is this true?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #295
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm. Mornin alll
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #296
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Big City Herald
Volume 2

Judge election race luke warm.

In a race that was supposed to heat up, it appears Big City's judge election is only luke warm with voters currently. In an election that needs 50.1% of the vote for an election, Herald pollers report that the leading candidate only currently has 10% of the vote. Perhaps crime in the town has dropped so low that our citizens don't need a judge after all.

Local Store advertises its wares

Evidentally spurred by the critical article published recently in the Herald, it appears that the town's new pawn shop does indeed have a new selection. Rumor has it their sale will only last a short time while items are limited. Currently advertised prices for merchandise at the pawn shop are:

12 pack of Bullets $150.00
Knifes $125.00

(PM to me any desire to purchase items from the pawn shop. Items are sold on a first come first serve basis. There is no layaways and pawn shop employees do not hold merchandise for customers. All public transactions could result in store ownership knowing the Identity of the purchaser however, unlike transactions that occur on the Underground messageboard).

Big City Basketball

In a deal with the NCAA, Big City Arena recently reached a deal to host an upcoming basketball game between Kansas St and Oklahoma St. The game might have tournament ramifications, so the arena likely will be packed. Herald suggested method to travel to the arena tonight is parking at a local BCT station and taking the train in.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #297
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
CR

so we PM the amount of money bet to Alan then post who we bet on here?

andim lost on the part about "please also state if you would like the money returned to you, or if you would be comfortable going with the public bet"

I don't play any part in placing bets. If you wish to give an item (including money) to another player, simply PM me the player and the item (or amount of money) you wish to give. I consider the item a gift, and the receiver may do what he wish with it.

If you reach some other deal with the person here in the forum, its up to each of you to live up to your deal. Of course if you feel someone performed a crime such as fraud, you could always report a crime.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #298
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hmmm. Mornin alll

it'll be interesting to see your comments this morning
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #299
hoopsguy
General Manager

LoneStarGirl - what are your thoughts on Blade6119's description of his activities? Do they coincide with how you would prove your goodness, or do you have a different mechanic? Based on what Blade6119 has posted up to this point, do you trust his version of events?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #300
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I read yesterday that OK state hasn't won a road confernce game all year is this true?

without looking it up I think they are 0-7