Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Werewolf XLIV: The Fightin’ Fundies vs. Them Gays - GAME OVER

Hello and welcome to the next large WW game (it’s actually the 34th). Sit down, and keep reading, we need to talk.

Abe’s Disclaimer: The following rules and game are meant to be a satirical look of an extreme element of my own culture. I grew up in Southern West Virginia in small unincorporated villa nestled along the Coal River as it winds its way through the heart of Appalachia. I grew up the son of a Baptist Minister on the border between evangelical and fundamental. I myself am an ordained minister by an evangelical organization.

I remember going to West Virginia University and dating as lady who went to a church where the minister preached a sermon entitled, “Why God Hates the New International Version.” Despite my conservative upbringing, I had never been truly exposed to such unreasonable fervor. That is what I’m poking fun at in this werewolf. I am not attacking Christians, far from it. I am not attacking conservatives, far from it. I would consider myself both conservative and Christian, but there are people so far to the right that they can barely be seen from where I stand. I am sure that there are people on the left just as extreme, but I grew up in the Southern Coal Fields, so I don’t know that community, I know this one.

I believe that this dynasty has the potential to be truly great, because the satirical element has been amped up to a high degree. However, in order to play this dynasty, you need to not be easily offended. Although the humor in this dynasty is largely satirical, it is still largely respectful. No people are called names, nobody is being attacked, and nothing vitriolic is being used. Instead, the satire is mature, and often quite funny.

If you cannot keep from turning this werewolf game into a political thread where you espouse your own views and attack others, then I ask that you not play. If you are easily offended by a humorous and satirical look at your religion, then I ask that you not play. If you are not easily amused and are always serious, then I ask that you not play.

The game elements in this game are not significant enough to warrant attention. This game will be fun because of the theme and nature of the game itself, not because of the cleverness of its mechanics.

Everybody else, come on in and have a seat, because the show is about to start.

(Please note that the views expressed in pms, rules, history, plot, and so forth do not necessarily express the views of me, other WWers, SkyDog, FOFC, Gamespy, etc, etc)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-01-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You are the devout of Christ. You know that you are among the few remaining Americans that stand between the nation and Godlessness. Just like the lack of faithful caused Sodom and Gomorrah to fall, you know that should you fail, America will also fall before the wrath of God. Despite obviously living in what the Bible calls the end times, life is pretty good for you here in Heaven.

Maybe I should explain. Around ten years ago, Rev. Hambrick announced that God was leading him to create a community of good, God-fearing Christians at a medium sized farm here in West Virginia. You incorporated the name, Almost Heaven, and decided to raise your children here and make a life for yourselves. Other like minded folk have also moved to Almost Heaven, WV.

Six years ago your community lost a battle against the state over the education of your students. You had created a Christian School in Almost Heaven for your own children, and did not let anyone else go to that school and did not send any of your children to the county public schools. The state Board of Education ruled that any private school had to allow any interested party to attend barring some legitimate reason to exclude them, and geography was not a legitimate reason. Faced with the possibly of allowing heathens into your school, you prayerfully considered what to do. Eventually you decided to keep the cohesiveness of your students together by closing down the private school and sending them to the local high school.

That was the day your community opened itself up to the world.

Since then, an IGA store has opened a branch in Almost Heaven. Also, a small, independent ice cream stand and burger joint opened up. And a Husson’s Pizza came to the next town over (Sand Lick, WV). Slowly and surely the town began to become less like Heaven and more like any other place in Smallville, USA.

You didn’t realize just how bad things were until little Timmy Stewart caught Rev. Hambrick abusing himself in the church bathroom. With a firestorm of protests, Rev. Hambrick refused to step down, defying anyone to actually demonstrate one passage of scripture that condemned masturbation. Of course, you couldn’t find one, but everybody knows that masturbation is wrong.

Your church voted 112-7 to expel Rev. Hambrick and fire him from his position. As he left the parking lot, you threw stones at him, in recognition of the penalty that adulterers receive in the Bible. His blue Buick was tore up something awful.

The ballot was secret, but you began to wonder who those seven people were? Have seven…liberals…infiltrated your community? Is it not enough that they continue to harangue that God-fearing President that we have, and bad enough they allied themselves with Satan in order to wrest control of Congress away from good Conservative Americans, but they have obviously been transported here to do the devil’s work!

This week’s sign on the church says: Almost Heaven Baptist Church. An independent fundamental Bible-believing Baptist Church: We put the fun back in fundamental.

Several months later, the shock of Rev. Hambrick’s deviancy was still felt in the community, but things were appearing to head back to normal. The knowledge of those seven voters still was in the back of your head. Everywhere you looked you saw the faces of fellow townsfolk, and you wondered if that person was a false prophet and one of the seven voters.

Then the next major blow came. One of the store managers of the local IGA that was sent in to open and run the new store was caught giving…oral stimulation…to a member of the church! Male on male stimulation! Right in the back room of the IGA!

How had your community come to be associated with such a spiritually toxic affliction? You have caught two people publicly, and that church member was ousted immediately. He had to have been one of the seven voters that voted against God. With these activities occurring publicly, how much more is going on behind closed doors, in people’s homes?

Your community has begun an inquisition to discover the liberals, the godless, and most importantly, the ho-mo-sex-you-als. You need to rid your community of this devil scourge now, before it’s too late.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-21-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Rules:

This game will progress in the normal manner, with days and nights, day actions being to stone someone and night actions available to some. Days will end at 9:00 pm EST and nights will end at 2:00 am EST. It is possible for nights to end early if all night actions are in, so if you want to submit a tentative night action, and submit a change later, let me know in the pm to hold off until deadline.

You vote to stone someone during a day action by bolding your vote. Night actions, if any, are pm’d to me.

There are two factions in this game. The Fightin’ Fundies are the vast majority of townsfolk – good, God-fearing Christian folk who don’t put up with no faggotry. Them Gays are the other group, a subculture of townsfolk who are liberally inclined towards sexual issues. Please note that not every member of Them Gays will necessarily be gay.

These factions are hidden and are not normally revealed by game mechanics. However, there is a second set of factions. Every town member is either a Fightin’ Fundie or wants to appear as a Fightin’ Fundie.

The game has a conservative/liberal visible grouping. All players begin the game as conservative. You all want to be thought of as conservative, no matter what faction you belong to. Why?

Only players who have been assigned a liberal status can be day stoned.

How does one get assigned a liberal status? There are several ways. In order to remain conservative, and stay away from the path of the Godless liberal:

1). You must not curse. Using a curse word in any way other than its intended definition will automatically move you to liberal. A few curse words may not even be used in their intended definition.

2). You must not take the Lord’s name in vain. Doing so in any way will automatically move you to liberal.

3). You must never talk about any sexual activity in any overt or detailed way. Doing so in any way will automatically move you to liberal.

4). The GM (me) has the right to move you to liberal over any obviously liberal statement, such as, “I believe the ACLU is right,” or, “I think we should have gun control laws.” Any such statements will obviously move a person to liberal, at the GM’s discretion.

5). There may be game mechanics that reveal any secret liberal tendencies that a person may have. All members of Them Gays automatically have a hidden tendency towards liberalism. Some members of the Fightin’ Fundies may have various eccentricities or deviancies that would qualify as a secret liberal tendency.

A list of who is conservative and who is liberal will be displayed at all times on a sign by the Church steps.

Roles will be sent Sunday. This game will begin on Sunday Night with Night 0.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-21-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This game has room for 20 people. I will be holding four spots temporarily for new players who might want to get on a politics meets werewolf game. As people sign up, if you are brand new, let me know, and I'll put you in one of those slots. After a few days, I will open up any spots still reserevd to the general public.

As normal for my games, I have assigned each role a name. Below are the names of your characters.

1. KWhit - Sister Thelma Snider (Female) - Killed Night Three - Fightin' Fundie

2. Tyrith - Brother William Tyler (Male) - Killed Night Five - Fightin' Fundie
3. ntndeacon - Sister Sandra Cotton (Female) - Stoned Day Six - Fightin' Fundie
4. path - Sister Mary Czinski (Female) - Killed Night Four - Fightin' Fundie
5. Blade - Brother James McKinnon (Male)
6. st.cronin - Brother Leroy Czinski (Male) - Stoned Day Three - Fightin' Fundie
7. Lathum - Brother Tanner McFlannery (Male) - Stoned Day Five - Them Gays
8. hoopsguy- Brother Elijah Shepherd (Male)
9. bulletsponge - Sister Marie O'Connolly (Female) - Killed Night Two - Fightin' Fundie
10. Chief Rum - Sister Elizabeth Shepherd (Female)
11. LoneStarGirl - Sister Martha Edwards (Female) - Stoned Day Two - Them Gays
12. ImtheCrew - Brother Roger Shepherd (Male) - Killed Night Six - Fightin' Fundie
13. DaddyTorgo - Brother Peter Czinski (Male) - Stoned Day Four - Fightin' Fundie
14. Ironhead - Brother Richard Baker (Male)

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-01-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Tacked on the Church Door is the following sign:

The following people have been labelled as Subversive and Liberal and Unmutual:

There are no names on the list.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-01-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

During the game, I as a GM will have to clarify various rules, tell people their language had made them visially liberal, answer questions, etc. All of these in-games posts will be in pink. End of day and night reports will not be.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-21-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
KWhit
Coordinator

I'll give this one a shot.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #8
Tyrith
College Starter

This should be hilarious. Normally I would be concerned that the game would run amok with politicism, but I am quite confident Anxiety will keep us in line

In.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well since I am off next week...I think I shall play.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
well since I am off next week...I think I shall play.

An auspicious nickname you hvae for this game, eh?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
path12
Coordinator

Hel.....um, I mean Heck, yes.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
Blade6119
Coordinator

i heart anxiety and his humor, im in
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #13
st.cronin
General Manager

God told me I should sign up for this game, so here I am.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #15
Ironhead
College Prospect

New player here that would love to give the game a shot.

P.S. Does this qualify as coming out of the lurking closet?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post

Heya! Thanks for playing, and we hope you really like it!

And yes, for htis game it qualifies

Old 03-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #17
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post

I'd say it does as well. Welcome to the game. I don't think I'll be playing in this one, so if you need any help don't hesitate to PM me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #18
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think this could be a lot of fun.

I'm anticipating a couple of days with very limited access if I'm able to make it to the 2nd week of play. If that is a problem, then please slot me as an alternate. If not, then I'm 100% in.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

No problem, you're in.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #20
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ill jump in. someone has to hang early. but ill enjoy hanging some tree huggin hippies on the way
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #21
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so do you get labeled a liberal based solely on what you say in this thread or does any thread apply?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just this thread Lathum

Old 03-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #23
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
An auspicious nickname you hvae for this game, eh?

indeed. let the faithful rejoice!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #24
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just this thread Lathum

whew, not sure I can censor myself...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 AM   #25
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In before the lock! I mean in, just in.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #26
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Spring break starts tomorrow! I am in!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #27
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

in
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #28
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I see Peregrine lurking. He needs to play!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #29
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alright. I'm in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #30
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, sorry, I see myself being way too busy this week trying to separate from the Navy. Maybe next game.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:26 PM   #31
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

we need 6 more people. Lets start advertising anxiety
Old 03-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #32
Blade6119
Coordinator

Is this a 24 hour cycle or day then night? If its 24 hour, i could talk bek into playing im sure
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Is this a 24 hour cycle or day then night? If its 24 hour, i could talk bek into playing im sure

Days will end at 9:00 pm EST and nights will end at 2:00 am EST.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roles will be sent out in a short period of time

Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Please note that the genders listed in post #4 are your public genders. If you have a secret gender, then that is not listed.

Also, the names in that post are meant to explain who you have knowledge of, if you have knowledge of someone. So, if you are Betty Brewster's lab partner, and SkyDog is listed as Betty Brewster, then you know who your labpartner is.

Gender is also explicitly listed so you won;t forget. People who speak against their public gender are moved to the liberal page, so everybody knows everybody elses gender.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #36
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Wolf checking in
Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #37
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

checking in. Nothing interesting going on here. Just a normal villager.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #38
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh and i'm married. And have a kid. I like sticking my thing into women thanks. Although i'd never stick anyone cept my wife. god might strike me down then!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roles have been sent. The game, as of this post. has offically begun. We are on Night Zero, so no votes for stoning, not that anyone's on the list yet anyway. All rules for getting on the liberal list now apply.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #40
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oh and i'm married. And have a kid. I like sticking my thing into women thanks. Although i'd never stick anyone cept my wife. god might strike me down then!

The kid is me.

knives out
Old 03-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

3). You must never talk about any sexual activity in any overt or detailed way. Doing so in any way will automatically move you to liberal.

BTW DT, had you posted what you just did after I had made my post, I would have tossed you onto the Liberal List, as per this rule.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #42
Ironhead
College Prospect

Brother Richard Baker checking in.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #43
Tyrith
College Starter

Brother William is ready to cleanse us from the gay pestilence!
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #44
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE BULLETSPONGE

If god saw fit to make him tell us the truth, i see no reason to question gods will. It is clear the lord wills his death, and as a servant of the almighty i must do my part to bring about his wrath
Demotivation
Old 03-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #45
hoopsguy
General Manager

Praise be to God, our church, and our community. Except for them gays, who face eternal damnation and are a blight upon this earth.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #46
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

I HATE DEM GAYS!! so ill

VOTE TYRITH
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #47
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ok, i just read...its night 0, so i cant vote...so i retract my statement.

Sometimes my eagerness to fulfill the lords wishes gets the better of me...ill make sure to be patient and time his wrath properly
Demotivation
Old 03-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #48
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol. Good thing I didn't then anxiety. I had forgotten about that rule. Guess I should go back and re-read them.

hey cronin...it's past your bedtime!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #49
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
lol. Good thing I didn't then anxiety. I had forgotten about that rule. Guess I should go back and re-read them.

hey cronin...it's past your bedtime!

I'm on mountain time, dood.

knives out
Old 03-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #50
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
VOTE BULLETSPONGE

If god saw fit to make him tell us the truth, i see no reason to question gods will. It is clear the lord wills his death, and as a servant of the almighty i must do my part to bring about his wrath

Trying to get me stoned already huh! your just pissed because i wouldnt put out on that one date we had years ago!