Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #151
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bye guys. Good luck village!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #152
path12
Coordinator

Lathum fiddled with his camera lens. "Another goddamn scratch", he muttered while fishing in his satchel for a replacement. "Hmmm....I know it's around here somewhere....". He heard voices down the hall calling for him and decided that he better make sure nobody needed any help. He could look for the lens later, after all. Except as soon as he turned around to check on the others, a clammy hand reached around his face, and he felt another hand......no, it couldn't be.....on his heart. He started to scream, but the hand squeezed, his heart exploded, and he was dead.

LATHUM, THE CAMERAMAN, HAS BEEN KILLED.

DAY 2 IS UNDERWAY. DEADLINE IS 10PM EASTERN TUESDAY. YOUR FRIENDLY GM WILL BE LATE AGAIN. SORRY.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

drats
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #154
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ballsack. look like the wolves are well on the way to taking this one.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #155
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote Barkeep

not quite sure I buy his mix up today
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:57 AM   #156
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
what does THAT mean?

Umm, I hope you live to see me tonight when I get back? What do you think it means? You yourself gave yourself a 50-50 chance of living after your reveal. I certainly hope you live.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:01 AM   #157
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, and I am talking to a ghost.

I would have to say this game has decidely not gone off to a great start. I won't be around tomorrow afternoon, so I will have to decide on a vote tonight.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #158
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, I don't feel I have much to go on. I don't feel strongly enough on Barkeep to put a vote there, especially since he has drawn a lot of suspicion lately and has only been a wolf once, IIRC.

I'm going to go off of a gut feeling.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Just seems more aggressive than he usually is. Not sure that makes sense, but any change in normal behavior tends to register. Of course, I have next to nothing to go on here--if we had a real candidate, I would likely be quick to switch out.

But I won't be around tomorrow. Sorry if I am wrong, Pass.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:51 AM   #159
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
vote Barkeep

not quite sure I buy his mix up today
Which part don't you buy? This thread verifies my story about being up later than I wanted and it being the first day of school. And let's just be clear: my mix-up was accidentally re-voting for someone. You really think it's a wolf play to unvote someone you're not voting for only to revote someone? I think it was clear what my intention was, to unvote the bodyguard, and as soon as it was pointed out I fixed it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #160
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm going to be trying to decide which people would most likely go for Lathum despite his pledge to protect himself. Lathum was obviously going for the fake-out and it takes a bold player to go after him anyway.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #161
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm going to be trying to decide which people would most likely go for Lathum despite his pledge to protect himself. Lathum was obviously going for the fake-out and it takes a bold player to go after him anyway.

Actually, it doesn't. The wolves had a 50-50 shot of getting away with a clean kill on the bodyguard. Thats easily worth taking the chance, even if you trade 1-1 or get found out and lynched the next day its worth it for the wolves to take down the BG.

Smartest play they could make in that situation.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #162
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Actually, it doesn't. The wolves had a 50-50 shot of getting away with a clean kill on the bodyguard. Thats easily worth taking the chance, even if you trade 1-1 or get found out and lynched the next day its worth it for the wolves to take down the BG.

Smartest play they could make in that situation.
You could be correct. I suppose he could have successfully prevented the attack on himself but died protecting himself. I was focusing more on the fact that he would successfully block the attack rather than the death/reveal possibility.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #163
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote Barkeep49

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #164
st.cronin
General Manager

dola,

I don't have a real good feel for anybody in this game yet, but I'll be around today to move my vote if neccesary.

knives out
Old 08-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #165
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Without any info to go on, and yesterday's vote between villager/villager, all I have is gut feelings to rely on...

Barkeep has an early lead on votes today, and I show only Pass has a vote besides him right now. I don't think a run away vote helps anyone though, but don't know that I want to vote for Pass here...

Out of everyone from day 1, my gut tells me that Render feels the most wolfish, so I'll go there with my vote for today.

Vote Render

I will be here on and off all day, so also can move my vote if needed.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #166
Telle
College Starter

VOTE RENDER

Keeping it even.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #167
RendeR
Coordinator

Keeping it even eh? I'll do the same and

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #168
Telle
College Starter

Three-way tie:

Barkeep49 - SnDvls (155), st.cronin (163)
Passacaglia - Chief Rum, RendeR (167)
RendeR - Alan T (165), Telle (166)

Yet to vote: Barkeep49, Jonathan Ezarik, Passacaglia, ntndeacon
Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #169
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So the vote on me is just to "keep it even"? No reason for it at all?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #170
RendeR
Coordinator

Yup, the more the merrier or some shit like that.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #171
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I know I'm innocent and I would lean towards Pass being good based on his posts, as they seem more in line with his villager play than the last time he was a wolf (though presumably he'd do a better job of disguising his play this time). I'm going to maintain that I think it would take the right kind of aggressive player to go after Lathum last night all things considered. I think either cronin or Alan is capable of that. Since cronin has latched onto me without seemingly good reason that'll be my tie breaker. I hope others join me in voting for cronin. If not I will adjust my vote before lynch. However, I really do like cronin more than any of the three current candidates.

Vote cronin
Old 08-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #172
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- And there really isn't much there for Render so I'm sort of neutral on him.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #173
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I know I'm innocent and I would lean towards Pass being good based on his posts, as they seem more in line with his villager play than the last time he was a wolf (though presumably he'd do a better job of disguising his play this time). I'm going to maintain that I think it would take the right kind of aggressive player to go after Lathum last night all things considered. I think either cronin or Alan is capable of that. Since cronin has latched onto me without seemingly good reason that'll be my tie breaker. I hope others join me in voting for cronin. If not I will adjust my vote before lynch. However, I really do like cronin more than any of the three current candidates.

Vote cronin

I definitely would have, that's for sure. But I didn't, since I'm just a cast member.

I also think you would have made that same play.

knives out
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #174
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Barkeep, is there more that you have against cronin than simply voting for you, and his desire for a no lynch vote?

On the first topic, I can see where he is coming from -- I'm not going to give you any grief about the weird unvote -- just seems like you were out of it. I'm still wary of you knowing we were villager/villager.

On the second topic -- I hope we can get to a point where we realize that some people like the no lynch vote, and some don't. And that it has nothing to do with who's a wolf.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #175
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Barkeep, is there more that you have against cronin than simply voting for you, and his desire for a no lynch vote?

On the first topic, I can see where he is coming from -- I'm not going to give you any grief about the weird unvote -- just seems like you were out of it. I'm still wary of you knowing we were villager/villager.

On the second topic -- I hope we can get to a point where we realize that some people like the no lynch vote, and some don't. And that it has nothing to do with who's a wolf.
I didn't mention the no lynch vote thing at all. I frankly hadn't thought of it in relation to my cronin vote. My weariness with cronin has to do with the fact that the wolves went after the BG despite the fact that the BG could 50% identify one of them. I think it takes guts, guts cronin has.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #176
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, I am heading out. Since I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to pop in this evening, I'm going to vote self-preservation. If I vote Barkeep, I fear he'll switch his vote to me. So it's looking like RendeR is the best bet.

VOTE RENDER
Old 08-28-2007, 05:25 PM   #177
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I tend to slightly trust Pass a little here, and so Chief's initial vote looks a little fishy to me. but I don't want to throw a fifth name out there this time. He might be someone for discussion tomorrow. Of the 4 candidates listed....

1. I have already said I at least trust Pass a touch so let's throw him out.

2. Barkeep's faux-pas with the voting makes him look more human to me, so for the moment he is out of danger from my vote.

3. I think 4 tied gives the wolves an easier time for a switch that will be not as noticed.

which leaves us with Render. I don't have strong feelings for him, but ibelieve he is the best I can vote for of those 4 candidates this evening. therefore....
Vote Render
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #178
path12
Coordinator

Current vote totals as of post 177:

RendeR 4 -- Alan T(165), Telle(166), Passacaglia(176), ntndeacon(177)
Barkeep49 2 -- SnDvls(155), st.cronin(163)
Passacaglia 2 -- Chief Rum(158), RendeR(167)
st.cronin 1 -- Barkeep49(171)

Not voted: Jonathan Ezarik.

ANOTHER REMINDER THAT RESULTS WILL BE LATE AS YOUR GM WILL BE AT THE MARINER-ANGEL GAME. GO M'S!.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #179
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Well. Still not a whole lot to go on so far. So, who gets my vote...

First off, I won't be voting for RendeR. Not that I think he's good or anything (actually, I have no feel on him at all), but because he's already got four votes. No need to bury him just yet. And if no one tries to move off him pretty soon, then he's looking even more like a good guy.

I don't think Barkeep's miss posting yesterday is a big deal, so I really don't see any reason in voting for him.

I also don't think that it was that bold of a play to go after Lathum last night. In the initial PMs that path sent out, the bodyguard role doesn't mention anything about being able to guard yourself. Maybe he could, but I was under the impression that he couldn't. Perhaps the wolves thought that as well. Either way, that's the reason I won't be voting for st.cronin.

That leaves Pass. Out of all those that are in the running today, he's the only one that has pinged my interest so far. I can't put my finger on anything, but he has stood out to me for whatever reason. I'm probably wrong, but what else is new there?

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #180
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Baring some last minute shenanigans that would cause a tie, I'm thinking I'm going to leave my vote on cronin.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #181
st.cronin
General Manager

Speaking of which, did path ever explain what the tiebreak is?

knives out
Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #182
RendeR
Coordinator

Just goes to show you how a bad day 1 lynch really screws the pooch. Our BG is dead, and now a second villager dies.

I wasn't kidding about being a typical frightened cast member. I was as vanilla as generic no role players can get.

Fools.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #183
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Speaking of which, did path ever explain what the tiebreak is?

I haven't seen any such explaination.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 AM   #184
path12
Coordinator

Thanks for your patience. Final vote results:

Passacaglia 3 -- Chief Rum(158), RendeR(167), Jonathan Ezarik(179)

I'm too tired to think of much flavor tonight. RendeR is lynched. There is no change. Damn!

RENDER WAS A CAST MEMBER.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 AM   #185
path12
Coordinator

This is unlike any place you've been before. Creaks, bumps, missing friends.....you decide it is better to stay in a group for now. Down the west wing, night cameras at the ready. It is very still.......until the huge burst of light and sound in front of you, a roar that shakes you to the core.

Suddenly, you see Telle run towards the noise. "Yes! Yes! I've been waiting for this --" then a scream, and she collapses.

TELLE, THE DARK FOLLOWER, HAS BEEN KILLED. DAY 3 IS UNDERWAY, DEADLINE IS 10PM EASTERN WEDNESDAY.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:20 AM   #186
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I've read the role description a few times now, and I still can't make heads or tails of it... Do we think that Telle knew who the wolves are, or was she flying blind, the role description doesn't seem to say.

If she knew who the wolves were, I am wondering if her vote yesterday could be indicative of trying to save someone else. If she didn't, then well still not sure where to go.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:22 AM   #187
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yesterday it was 1-0 Barkeep, then 1-1 Barkeep and Passacaglia, then 2-1 Barkeep over Pass.. then 2-1-1 Barkeep, pass, Render when Telle made her vote for Render to tie it up 2-1-2 between Barkeep and Render.

If Telle didn't know the wolves, this is a moot point I suppose.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:30 AM   #188
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't really have a good feel for who a wolf might be in this game, I'm thinking with the bodyguard dead, they are laying low to let the villagers make the mistakes for them..

So I'll vote I suppose based on math probability for now unless something else comes up.

Assuming the wolves didn't want to pile up on the same vote, we'll say they spread out their vote.. based on the vote yesterday:

Passacaglia 3 -- Chief Rum(158), RendeR(167), Jonathan Ezarik(179)

That means logically I could assume there is a chance that either Passacaglia or Ntndeacon might be a wolf, either Chief Rum or Jonathan might be a wolf and either St.cronin, sndvls or Barkeep might be a wolf.

I'll go this direction for now, I can change my vote as the day progresses if there is a reason to do so.

Vote St.Cronin
Old 08-29-2007, 06:47 AM   #189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan I don't understand your logic.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #190
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think his logic is that the wolves would spread their votes around, so there's not likely to be more than one wolf in each voting block?

Anyway, I'm not sure how to read the Dark Follower role, either.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #191
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

My logic is not much better than an educated guess. Wolves can and often do anything... so my "guess" here might not even be correct.. its simply a guess that with only 2-3 unknown players on each person, the wolves likely didn't all pile up on one person.

Thus if we split up the voting groups into three seperate groups, we can make a guess to what percentage of players would possibly be a wolf... It could be entirely wrong, but I'm open to someone else suggesting something better.

How that lead me from that thought to voting St. Cronin, well I don't really have anyone that sticks out for me.. I think that right now I'm giving Barkeep the momentary pass and not thinking he is bad. Passacaglia doesn't really seem to be jumping out to me as a strong wolf like he did when he was a wolf (perhaps he learned and changed his game accordingly though). So that left me with possibly voting for Ntn , cronin, sndvls, chief or jonathan. From that group I basically randomly picked one person of the 5.. I don't have a great feel for who is being wolfish this game. Maybe its all the fantasy football or something.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #192
Telle
College Starter

Wow.. first time I've ever actually been killed in a werewolf game.

Well, good luck wolves! No hard feelings
Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #193
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well, at least the wolves ate someone who was rooting for them.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 AM   #194
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Well, at least the wolves ate someone who was rooting for them.

That's what I'm thinking. Seems like, despite lynching a villager, we had a good night.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:04 AM   #195
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm going to stick with my vote from yesterday,

Vote Barkeep49

knives out
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #196
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I also have no reason to change my vote from yesterday

Vote Barkeep

nothing personal my friend
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #197
st.cronin
General Manager

hmmmmm

knives out
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #198
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I believe that it is a mistake to vote for Barkeep. I would hope those that hae done so would change there votes. I said yesterday that Ihad a feeling about someone. I am going to go with that feeling today.

Vote Chief Rum
Old 08-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #199
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, keeping in mind that Lathum trusted ntn (and Lathum's instincts are usually good)

unvote Barkeep49
vote Chief Rum

knives out
Old 08-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #200
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I can see that.

VOTE CHIEF RUM