Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Werewolf LVII: Cathedral (GAME OVER!)

This game has been inspired by Coffee Warlord’s famous Yak game, as well as a game I saw somewhere that involved the idea of building something. Not sure whose that was. I will also say that I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who are of religious belief and am using religion in more of the cultural folklore sense than any literal interpretation.

Introduction
The year is 1350 and the town of St. Saldana has been prosperous for many years. It is now time to take that prosperity and use it to honor God, who has made it all possible by building a cathedral.. This would lack any noteworthiness were it not for the fact that the Devil was in a particular pique one day about all of the church construction, only days before the cathedral was to be completed. Hoping to win favor with the boss, Lucifer has led a crack team of demons to stop this cathedral. Not wanting to see years of piousness go to waste, St. Gabriel has led his own SWAT team of angels to make sure that the years of hard work do not go to waste. And then on top of all this you have the Bishop (the Bishop!) in town to consecrate the church and you have a quite a few hectic days ahead.

Sides and Victory Conditions

Villagers : Win a normal victory by either eradicating the village of demons or by completing the construction of the cathedral. Win a major victory if they complete both.

Angels: Win a major victory if the church is completed. Win a minor victory if the devils are eradicated from the village but the church is not completed.

Demons: Win a normal victory if they prevent the construction of the cathedral by achieving a 1-1 ratio with the villagers, a minor victory if the angels are eradicated, and a major victory if they accomplish both.

Bishop: The Bishop is a revered person in the community, but no one is quite sure whose side he’s on since his rise to the position of power was not completely through sacrosanct means.

Note: The game will end either if there are no Demons left or at the end of the following day after all work on the Cathedral is complete (so if all work is done by the end of Day 3, the Cathedral must still have no work left at the end of Day 4).

Cycles
Day Cycle – During the day cycle players can do two things: vote and work on the cathedral. A player may do 2 of one thing, or 1 of each.

A vote should be at the end of a post, bolded, and in the color orange, so it looks like this:
Quote:
I’ve never seen someone who is more obviously a wolf.

Vote Barkeep
Votes not properly formatted may be missed.

Once a player works on the Cathedral they may not change where they are working.

Once a player votes they may unvote and choose a different player to vote for but they may not work on the Cathederal.

A player may do two actions in one post. Each action should be listed separately. If voting for a player twice, vote on separate lines.
Day Cycles begin approximately 8 AM Eastern and last until 10 PM Eastern. Players may choose to PM the moderator with an advance action if they’re unavailable during the Day Cycle. The player with the most votes will be lynched, and removed from the game.

Ties: In the event of two players having an equal amount of votes at the end of the day, the player whose average vote has been on the longest (determined by post #) will be lynched. In the event of this being equal, the player with the longest held vote will be lynched.

Night Cycle – Lasts from 10 PM Eastern to 7 AM Eastern. During this time anyone who has a night action may submit it.

Each night the Demons will have the option of either killing a player or having two demons sabotage the Cathedral and attempt to damage it. They may sabotage the same place twice or two separate places. The Demons cannot do the same night action more than two days in a row.

The order to the Night Cycle actions are not publicly known due to the hidden nature of powers in the game.

Roles

Villagers
All players will have a public role. Not all roles have a special power or ability. Angels/devils may get to keep the power of their public role. There is the standard Duke, Bodyguard, Seer. There will also be a cultist who appears to the seer to be a villager, and counts as a villager for ration purposes, but wins with the Demons. He has other abilities.

Demons
This is a list of possible Demon roles. Only Lucifer is guaranteed to be in the game. Demons are allowed to communicate freely outside of the game thread.

Lucifer – The head Devil. As an incredibly powerful supernatural being he cannot hide his identity from St. Gabriel, but equally he knows the identity of St. Gabriel. He will, however, appear as a villager if scanned by the seer. According to The Rules, he may not reveal who St. Gabriel is posing as, even to the other Demons. He may freely communicate with St. Gabriel (cc’ing the GM). Lucifer also has other powers, unknown to any but himself.

Azazel – Brutal wolf. If lynched he will be able to kill another player. If killed at night he will kill the player attacking him before he dies.

Beelzebub – Any night attempt at sabotage is guaranteed to succeed and will cause double damage to that area. If blocked by Michah, he will only cause normal damage.

Leviathan – Once per game he may make a night kill which cannot be blocked. If the bodyguard is present, the bodyguard will learn the identity of the Leviathan.

Henchman – No special powers.

Angels
This is a list of possible Angels roles. Only St. Gabriel is guaranteed to be in the game. Angels are allowed to communicate freely outside of the game thread.

St. Gabriel – The head Angel. As an incredibly powerful supernatural being he cannot hide his identity from Lucifer, but equally he knows the identity of Lucifer. He will always appear as a villager if scanned. According to The Rules, he may not reveal who Lucifer is posing as, even to the other Angels. He may freely communicate with Lucifer (cc’ing the GM). Gabriel also has other powers, unknown to any but himself.

Elijah – Once per game may designate a player (non-Angel) who cannot be killed or lynched for the next 3 cycles (beginning with that cycle).

Michah – May designate an area to be safe from wolf sabotage each night.

Rhamiel – May scan a player each night to attempt to learn the details of their powers.

Uriel – Every other day may do twice as much work as normal on the Cathedral.

Building the Cathedral

There is unfinished work left to be done in several areas of the Cathedral. In order to work on the Cathedral post the “Work on” action in bold and in the color orange. So, for instance

Quote:
Work on Walls

There is work to be done on the following areas:
Walls
Roof
Windows
Artwork
Carpentry

How many shifts of work are left to be completed will be announced at the start of the game.

No work on the Roof or Windows may be done until the Walls are finished. If the Walls become damaged during the course of the game work may continue on the Windows and Roof.

A player may choose to fake their work on an area by PM’ing me.

Different areas cause different amounts of damage if sabotaged. When an area is sabotaged successfully it will always cause the same amount of damage, however, there are powers which can mitigate the damage in an area.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-14-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Barkeep49
Coordinator

List of Roles:
Bishop: Neon Chaos
Bishop's Assistaint: ntndeacon
Lord Leige: Alan T
Knight: Lathum
Page: oliegirl
Friar: saldana
Novice: Chief Rum
Peon: path12
Moneylender: DaddyTorgo
Goldsmith: Mr. Wednesday
Blacksmith: Pass
Shepard: st.cronin
Mason: Schmidty
Butcher: Anxiety
Carpenter: PurdueBrad
Musician: RendeR

Alternate:
ArlingtonColt

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-14-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Status of the Cathedral:

UNFINISHED

Left to do:

Walls - Finished
Roof - Completed - May not be further damaged
Windows - Finished
Artwork - Completed - May not be further damaged
Carpentry - 6 units of work

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-19-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Placeholder 2
Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
saldana
Pro Starter

wow...i have a town named after me, i feel so honored.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

In.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll play.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
path12
Coordinator

Yes please.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Great, now I need to deal with Saldana's ego for the rest of my life.

In
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 AM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In!
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #11
RendeR
Coordinator

Count me in, I've become so addicted to this damn game its not even funny. THe good side of this is that my job now allows me ample time to post during the week.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 AM   #12
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm assuming start time for this is next Monday?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #13
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm assuming start time for this is next Monday?
Correct. Roles will go out Sunday with the first deadline Monday.

I'm currently polishing the rules. I expect them up around 4 or so Eastern.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #14
Passacaglia
Coordinator

In. Pretty cool that now we have two saints playing werewolf.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #15
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #16
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, then I'm going to have to miss this one. Have a flight out on Thursday, will be doing a migration over the weekend, and another flight on Tuesday. Too much time that I would be missing in the middle of the game.

Bummer - usually like to try and play in BK's games and this will be the second in a row I've missed.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #17
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, then I'm going to have to miss this one. Have a flight out on Thursday, will be doing a migration over the weekend, and another flight on Tuesday. Too much time that I would be missing in the middle of the game.

Bummer - usually like to try and play in BK's games and this will be the second in a row I've missed.

This is all just a ruse to avoid being lynched on day 1.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm now ducking games to keep the "never lynched as a villager" streak alive God I'm pathetic.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to have to miss this one as well I think. Put me down as an alternate though as I might have a few days in the middle that I am available. Just not available this weekend, or the following weekend and none of november (I assume it wouldnt last that long though).
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #20
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

When's the estimated finish of this game? If it'll be done by the 25th, I can play.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #21
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
When's the estimated finish of this game? If it'll be done by the 25th, I can play.
Since it looks like we're going to have a smaller group of players I'd imagine we'd be finishing up around that time.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #22
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'll also add the the full rules have now been posted. While not a simple rule set, I've really tried to keep things simple compared to other games of mine.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #23
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

If it's gonna be weekend exempt I'll play... I'm busy all weekend
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 AM   #24
Schmidty
Coordinator

I've got my laptop now, and a ton of time at work, so I'm in. One caveat: I'll be most active during the middle of the night (work), and I won't be around until 2-3 pm EST each day. If that's ok, I'm in. If it's not, let me know.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #25
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
What the hell, I'm in...damn addicting werewolf games!

I'm actually off work next week so I'll be around and available all day, nights it just depends on what is going on but I should be around for deadline every night with one possible exception...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #26
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

IN

is it bad i don't even read the ruleset anymore, i just type in?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #27
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if i'm lucifer or grabriel what use will i make of my power to PM my opposite number?? ohhh just you wait and see...it will be interesting
Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #28
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
if i'm lucifer or grabriel what use will i make of my power to PM my opposite number?? ohhh just you wait and see...it will be interesting

You sir are Had as a Matter.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #29
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oooh. Render's playing?

Sweet.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so when is this starting?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #31
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so when is this starting?

dolaquestion.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #32
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Roles are going to be sent out Sunday, first deadline will by Monday night.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
If it's gonna be weekend exempt I'll play... I'm busy all weekend

BK, what was your answer to this question? I absolutely won't be able to play any weekend this month. I probably won't be able to post any during the evenings on any weekday or be around at deadlines, but I can probably play and post while at work during the days. If this fits ok with the game, you can slide me from being an alternate to playing.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #34
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I normally do a normal night on Friday and then run a day from Saturday morning until Sunday night with another normal night Sunday night, as it keeps the game moving.

However, I'd like you both to play so it would be more likely that I would run a super long day, ending at a normal Monday time, in there somewhere since I think no weekend play at all can kill momentum.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #35
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, go ahead and put me in, since the weekend would come after my normal day 3 death, it probably doesn't matter. Worst case, I miss one vote I guess.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Count me in as well please

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #37
saldana
Pro Starter

if still taking ins, in would like to be in as well
Old 10-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #38
saldana
Pro Starter

I would like to be in as well
Old 10-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I may enter. I have been away for a while and my wife was unable to get online all week. I had similar problems this morning but am okay at the moment. These comcase problems seem to occur suddenly and last up to month and a half with no guaranteed connection and then vanish as wuickly as they show up. Because of that I want to see if the connection stays reliable before I commit as I don't want to be in the middle of something like this and then not be able to get online.

(don't see this as guilty chatter and duke me.... )

If I do get in, let me know when I can vote AC and vote cronin.... j/k
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 AM   #40
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Oooh. Render's playing?

Sweet.

I live for nothing more than your entertainment.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #41
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Roles will start to be sent out shortly. Please do not post until I've posted the game opening post.

A quick note on how roles were determined. Each role was given a power. I then used random.org to decide which roles would be the demons/angels. Certain roles could not become a demon or angel and other roles had their powers decreased if they became an angel or demon. I then used random.org again to decide who would have what role.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #42
Barkeep49
Coordinator

There is excitement in the air (or at least fumes). After years of work there is so little left to do on the beautiful Cathedral. The community has worked together for years to finish this mammoth project and it is so close you can almost taste it (though tasting is not advised as brick and mortar is rather poisonous).

But now, just as victory seems so close there was a set back. Your priest has warned you about the temptation of the Devil but it seems that some did not heed his warnings and now the Devil is in your very town. But you know that God would not forsake you and so perhaps there are some sent to help you. And so begins the work of both finding the devils and completing the work on the Cathedral.

The game has now started and you may start posting. I have posted the list of public roles in post 2.

This last half hour has been exceedingly busy at my work and so I have not finished balancing how much work needs to be done in the different areas. I will be posting this as soon as I am happy with the balance.

Remember that you have two actions to do each day and may choose to do one of two things with each: work on the Cathedral or vote for a player.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-14-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #43
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'M THE MONEYLENDER!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #44
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have a public role, but not sure what point there is to share it yet. I am a villager.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #45
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

could you lend me some money DT?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #46
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Bishop here. We're officially starting tomorrow morning right?
Old 10-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #47
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I have a public role, but not sure what point there is to share it yet. I am a villager.
Check post 2. Everyone's role is listed there.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #48
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Bishop here. We're officially starting tomorrow morning right?
First deadline is tomorrow at 10 PM but play can start at any time
Old 10-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #49
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Looking over the work that has yet to be done you see the following needs:

Walls - 8 units of work
Roof - 4 units of work
Windows - 2 unit of work
Artwork - 12 units of work
Carpentry - 12 units of work

Each work action completes 1 unit of work
Old 10-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #50
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Check post 2. Everyone's role is listed there.

I'm still not saying what I am.