Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #201
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I have to vote, so, in order to determine who my initial vote will fall on, I rolled a d20. I'd re-roll a 20. That means there is a 1 in 19 chance that I would vote for anybody, including myself.

I rolled a 14. Who is that?

Me. I rolled my frickin' self.

Well hell

Vote Anxiety

I feel like I'm being tricked, but:

VOTE ANXIETY
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #202
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

That's ok Schmidty. I feel you are being tricked as well. I doubt voting either hoops or Anxiety off will help us any.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #203
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I feel like I'm being tricked, but:

VOTE ANXIETY

Hrrmmm.. you do have a point there. But then the question is he being good-tricky or evil-tricky?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #204
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
That's ok Schmidty. I feel you are being tricked as well. I doubt voting either hoops or Anxiety off will help us any.

I 100% agree with half of this statement, but I'm wondering what is the basis for this comment?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #205
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I 100% agree with half of this statement, but I'm wondering what is the basis for this comment?

No real basis, hoops. I do believe that both of the first two people pushed are usually innocent. Plus I don't really see why Anxiety is being piled on. Or that Barkeep found it necc to put 5 on you.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #206
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Unvote Hoops

Anxiety was in and didn't express concern about his having so many votes. It's weird. I'm leaning in that direction but am going to hold off for the time being.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #207
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No real basis, hoops. I do believe that both of the first two people pushed are usually innocent. Plus I don't really see why Anxiety is being piled on. Or that Barkeep found it necc to put 5 on you.
Gah. No real reason? Sheesh.

Well I've unvoted and I'll stay that way for the moment, though this puts hoops right back on my radar.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 PM   #208
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Hey guys, this is only the second game of werewolf I’ve ever played, but doesn’t splitting the vote six ways make it a lot easier for the Titans to manipulate? I might switch this vote later because I don't see much to go on right now, but for now:

Vote: Hoopsguy
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #209
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
You guys do know that Anxiety is moving his vote once he realizes that you're all piling on him, right?

That's exactly why I voted for him -- to get him to move his vote. I'm not looking to kill him, or start a bandwagon -- I just want to get a vote out of him. The longer he waits, the more it will be self-preservation, but it is what it is.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #210
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

UNVOTE HOOPS
VOTE BARKEEP

if he really did commit 5 action points for his vote then he is either a bad guy and perhaps doesn't need action points or he is a villager who isn't very important.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #211
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Gah. No real reason? Sheesh.

Well I've unvoted and I'll stay that way for the moment, though this puts hoops right back on my radar.

I haven't had time to get info on anyone yet, just like everyone else. It wasn't even the idea of hoops being on your radar that was distrirbing to me. It was pouring on the votes so others feel they have to throw in the leading candidate to stay up with you.
As for Anxiety, it seemed reaching to me to vote him after what at least seemedto be a whimsical day 1 vote.
So neither are really trusted, but comparatively they more trusted than those that voted for them.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #212
st.cronin
General Manager

Wow, strange day 1. I'm against revealing AP/votes, but I also think nobody should be using more than 1, especially on day 1. How can anybody possibly feel good about their day 1 vote?

VOTE BARKEEP49

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #213
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unvote Hoops

Anxiety was in and didn't express concern about his having so many votes. It's weird. I'm leaning in that direction but am going to hold off for the time being.

I directly responded to one vote and its comments. How is that not expressing concern? Do you want outrage? Me getting really pissed at the people around me? I am rarely that sort of WW player.

I am rarely warlike.

If you feel the need to vote off a fellow god on Day One, well, at least I'm no seer. Someone's gotta go. I hold no grudges if its me. I'd prefer it not to be me, but you won;t see me all red in the face.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #214
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I directly responded to one vote and its comments. How is that not expressing concern? Do you want outrage? Me getting really pissed at the people around me? I am rarely that sort of WW player.

I am rarely warlike.

If you feel the need to vote off a fellow god on Day One, well, at least I'm no seer. Someone's gotta go. I hold no grudges if its me. I'd prefer it not to be me, but you won;t see me all red in the face.

You shouldn't have voted for yourself, regardless of why.

It's like playing with a ouija board, and then being suprised and disappointed that you're being tormented by demons.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #215
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

It's like playing with a ouija board, and then being suprised and disappointed that you're being tormented by demons.

By the way, the ouija reference popped into my mind because last night's "Coast to Coast A.M." show was about demons and exorcisms. I get bored at night, and that dumb show entertains me.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

No probs. I can reveal who I am if i need to, and everybody will feel silly. Just prefer not to give the wolves that info.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #217
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm really not liking this piling on of anxiety, nor do I like any better the sudden leap onto hoops and barkeep. I haven't seen anything from any of them to really warrent the attention.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #218
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm really not liking this piling on of anxiety, nor do I like any better the sudden leap onto hoops and barkeep. I haven't seen anything from any of them to really warrent the attention.

The thing is, you've seen even less from anyone else.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #219
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point, with no one promising super-votes in my direction, I'll put out a semi-reasoned vote.

I didn't like the vote from Lathum earlier. I thought he was being opportunistic with his vote as a potential pile-on while stating it was to prevent an Anxiety run-away.

Other people that I would consider, for various reasons:
- Ardent: get the impression he is playing his cards very close to the vest so far. Friend or enemy?
- Neon/Barkeep: did not like the idea of mass reveal, felt that these were the two ringleaders

VOTE LATHUM (likely to be a single vote if I'm not in self-preservation mode)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #220
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
At this point, with no one promising super-votes in my direction, I'll put out a semi-reasoned vote.

I didn't like the vote from Lathum earlier. I thought he was being opportunistic with his vote as a potential pile-on while stating it was to prevent an Anxiety run-away.

Other people that I would consider, for various reasons:
- Ardent: get the impression he is playing his cards very close to the vest so far. Friend or enemy?
- Neon/Barkeep: did not like the idea of mass reveal, felt that these were the two ringleaders

VOTE LATHUM (likely to be a single vote if I'm not in self-preservation mode)

you know I unvoted you, right?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:25 PM   #221
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

voting for yourself on day 1 doesn't raise some eyebrows?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #222
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
voting for yourself on day 1 doesn't raise some eyebrows?

not in the slightest, since he described exactly what he did, the at that he followed through on his random roll made me laugh, but its NOT a reason to vote him IMHO.

I don't trust him, but I don't have a reason yet to DIStrust him either.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #223
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
not in the slightest, since he described exactly what he did, the at that he followed through on his random roll made me laugh, but its NOT a reason to vote him IMHO.

I don't trust him, but I don't have a reason yet to DIStrust him either.

everything about this strikes me as odd.

and it is day 1, you really don't need a good reason to vote someone
Old 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #224
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Wow, strange day 1. I'm against revealing AP/votes, but I also think nobody should be using more than 1, especially on day 1. How can anybody possibly feel good about their day 1 vote?

VOTE BARKEEP49
It's not that I feel good. It's that I would feel stupid having some action points left at the end of today.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
UNVOTE HOOPS
VOTE BARKEEP

if he really did commit 5 action points for his vote then he is either a bad guy and perhaps doesn't need action points or he is a villager who isn't very important.
Lathum, the rules make clear that the bad guys need APs as well in the BG example given. I understand the vote, but think you're misguided.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #226
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, the rules make clear that the bad guys need APs as well in the BG example given. I understand the vote, but think you're misguided.

true, but in general the bad guys have a team dynamic in place which means perhaps you can do more with less while eliminating a good player day 1
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #227
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
true, but in general the bad guys have a team dynamic in place which means perhaps you can do more with less while eliminating a good player day 1
I think it's interesting that I'm being accused of wasting my votes when I'm simply trying to maximize them.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #228
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Strike votes and replace that with APs.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #229
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
It's not that I feel good. It's that I would feel stupid having some action points left at the end of today.

Really? I would feel far stupider having voted out a villager than having APs left over.

knives out
Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #230
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think it's interesting that I'm being accused of wasting my votes when I'm simply trying to maximize them.

but why on day 1 when you are voting with the least amount of confidence would you want to maximize them?

And so early in the day to boot?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #231
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Really? I would feel far stupider having voted out a villager than having APs left over.

Because I feel, especially with my voting heavily where others are not, that I am able to combat the D1 advantage the wolves have in coordination of votes.

Quote:
but why on day 1 when you are voting with the least amount of confidence would you want to maximize them?

And so early in the day to boot?

I voted early to start discussion. It was not a locked in vote as evidenced by my un-vote. I am, however, evenly divded between putting my vote back there and voting Anxiety.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #232
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan: Can we get confirmation about whether we learn how many total votes were placed on somebody at the end of the day or simply who died?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #233
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan: Can we get confirmation about whether we learn how many total votes were placed on somebody at the end of the day or simply who died?

You are told whom votes for whom (which can be found in the thread anyways), and who the lynchee is. You do not find out how close it is or how many voting points each person spends or receives.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #234
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Because I feel, especially with my voting heavily where others are not, that I am able to combat the D1 advantage the wolves have in coordination of votes.

c'mon, how often do the wolves coordinate day 1 votes?

if anything they spread it out.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #235
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Can you choose to not do your action, maybe? Although I think the rules did state that you have three points that can be added towards votes or actions.. so that would indicate you could only use up to 4 on a vote.

This is correct. You have 5 total APs each day (unless your role says otherwise). You MUST use 1 AP on a vote for that day or be penalized. You have 1 AP reserved for an action (which is optional and does not have to be performed if you do not choose). The remaining 3 AP can be spent either on strengthening your vote or strengthening your Action, or just left unused.

Anyone who sends in a PM stating a vote of 5 AP will be assumed to be 4 AP on the vote and the 1 AP for the action left unused/wasted. Anyone who votes but does not send in a PM will be assumed to spend 1 AP on the vote and leaving 4 AP unused/wasted.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #236
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
c'mon, how often do the wolves coordinate day 1 votes?

if anything they spread it out.
They do it when one of their own is in jeopardy which happens about what one would expect to happen randomly and this is why we've had a non random amount of d1 bad guys being lynched.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #237
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

bah, a wolf gets the axe day 1 the other wolves cut him lose.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #238
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
bah, a wolf gets the axe day 1 the other wolves cut him lose.
Really? When's the last game a wolf was killed Day 1? And when did it happen the game before that? I think you're going to have to go far back to find one example and even farther to find a second.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM   #239
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Really? When's the last game a wolf was killed Day 1? And when did it happen the game before that? I think you're going to have to go far back to find one example and even farther to find a second.

whats the point?

the wolves spread their vote out so one of them doesn't get killed, not so that they gang up on someone.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 PM   #240
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
whats the point?

the wolves spread their vote out so one of them doesn't get killed, not so that they gang up on someone.
That's my point. The wolves coordinate and make sure wolves don't get killed. A super vote combats that.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #241
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
That's my point. The wolves coordinate and make sure wolves don't get killed. A super vote combats that.

And, I think Lathum's point is, "not if its on some random person for no real reason."

It would only work if you were voting for a wolf, which you concede you have no confidence that you are.

knives out
Old 10-23-2007, 06:49 PM   #242
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
And, I think Lathum's point is, "not if its on some random person for no real reason."

It would only work if you were voting for a wolf, which you concede you have no confidence that you are.
I think it creates pressure. Pressure creates results.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #243
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh and I do have confidence that you're not voting for a wolf
Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #244
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

exactly, the only way you could vote so confidently is if you knew someones aligience. And the only way to know that is if you are a wolf.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #245
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think it creates pressure. Pressure creates results.

Again, only if you're voting for a wolf. If you're voting for a villager it does the opposite.

knives out
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #246
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Again, only if you're voting for a wolf. If you're voting for a villager it does the opposite.
More than a single vote? I don't think so.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #247
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

anyone have a vote count at this point? It's feeling like a pretty standard random day 1 vote today.

I like Lathum's reasoning behind voting barkeep, but I'm not ready to pin my vote on him just yet.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #248
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
More than a single vote? I don't think so.

well when you insinuate you are going to use all 5 AP's on it...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #249
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
well when you insinuate you are going to use all 5 AP's on it...
I'm not insinuating, I'm stating that I am going to use 5 APs. And how does this action lead to less pressure on the wolves if I vote for a villager than if I vote with 1 AP?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #250
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Out of lack of other options, I'm going to keep my vote on Neon_Chaos mainly because of the mass reveal thing. I see what Anxiety tried to do and am watching it backfire, so I'll be curious to see if there is a late switch or not.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote