Coordinator

(watches hoopsguy twiddle thumbs)
Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #202
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
(twiddles thumbs)

(hands hoopsguy a chinese finger puzzle)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #203
path12
Coordinator

I hate those things.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #204
Lorena
Unregistered

*challenges path12 to a game of rock paper scissors*
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #205
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
*challenges path12 to a game of rock paper scissors*

OK! One.....two......three......
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #206
path12
Coordinator

Paper!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #207
Lorena
Unregistered

Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #208
Lorena
Unregistered

aww crap
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #209
path12
Coordinator

Woo-hoo!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #210
Lorena
Unregistered

one, two, three
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #211
path12
Coordinator

Do you have icons for each one?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #212
Lorena
Unregistered

scissors!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #213
Lorena
Unregistered

let me see if i could find some i just found rock
Old 11-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #214
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
scissors!

You won that round, I tried paper again and it said that I had already posted that in the last five minutes.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #215
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Good old rock.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #216
path12
Coordinator

I read somewhere that you'll win a slight majority of the time picking paper.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #217
RendeR
Coordinator

Final Night 1 vote Count:

Telle (1) - Chief Rum(73)
Alan T (1) - Passacaglia(118)
Hoopsguy (2) - Schmidty(132) St. Cronin(185)
Barkeep49 (1) - Anxiety(134)
St Cronin (3) - Thomkal(181) Oliegirl(191) Hoopsguy(196)
Chief Rum (3) - Telle(144) Jeheinz72(150) NtnDeacon(160)
Sebastian0622 (7) - Alan T(153) barkeep49(166) SnDvls(171) path12(135) Dodgerchick(151) Mr.Wednesday(187) PurdueBrad(188)

The day goes by as you all head off in different directions. Everyone eyeing everyone else suspiciously. You come to the conclusion that Sebastian is either asleep or drugged or...well..something because he doesn't respond to anything. He even hangs limply as you all decide to toss him in the Bog of Eternal Stench.

You can't decide exactly WHAT Sebastion is, just that he's non responsive.

Afterwards you hear screaming from Sherwood Forest! As everyone collects to see what happened you notice Thomkal is missing, well...not really all of him is missing....There is a lot of blood on the path to grandmother's house wait...no thats not all blood, part of it is a bright red riing hood....Thomkal's body parts are strewn everywhere (including some lace panties Red should have been ashamed of!) Little Red Riding Hood is DEAD!

PM's are out, if you didn't get one or have questions PM me back!

Day 1 is over, Day 2 has begun, DEADLINE 9PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #218
hoopsguy
General Manager

Egads! I've spotted a green, tentacled alien in our midst! I feel sorry for the person who got stuck with that as their FairyLand role
Old 11-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #219
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thomkal plays something like once a quarter, and has been a Night 1 kill in at least two of his last three games (this and Tombstone).
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #220
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola (might get this in, based on the lack of post-result posting at the moemnt) -

I might as well have not submitted actions for how little I learned. Bah.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Damn, sucks. No way I woulda have killed him for just that reason. That's ugly.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Dola (might get this in, based on the lack of post-result posting at the moemnt) -

I might as well have not submitted actions for how little I learned. Bah.

I went somewhere very dangerous and find an item

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #223
RendeR
Coordinator

Just a little personal commentary:

I'm really impressed with how well some of you guys have run games in the past. I dealt with nearly 150 PM's bothing sending and receiving since last night. WOW. I hope I didn't screw anyone's info up, if you have questions definitely let me know!

Also as someone noted earlier. If you get your actions in to me before the deadline (anytime before) and based on them I see that they aren't going to efect anyone else (go here, search twice, type of things) I will process tem and get your PM back to you earlier than the deadline. You are free to use any and all items/info you get in those PMs the same day.

Been very interesting to see how everyone does things so far =) I hope you're enjoying yourselves!

Last edited by RendeR : 11-05-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #224
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Just a little personal commentary:

I'm really impressed with how well some of you guys have run games in the past. I dealt with nearly 150 PM's bothing sending and receiving since last night. WOW. I hope I didn't screw anyone's info up, if you have questions definitely let me know!

Also as someone noted earlier. If you get your actions in to me before the deadline (anytime before) and based on them I see that they aren't going to efect anyone else (go here, search twice, type of things) I will process tem and get your PM back to you earlier than the deadline. You are free to use any and all items/info you get in those PMs the same day.

Been very interesting to see how everyone does things so far =) I hope you're enjoying yourselves!

So for clarification... today I chose to do both actions at the same time and got my PM back early on.. can I tommorrow do one action, get the results back and then submit my other one possibly using any item from the first one if I choose?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #225
Thomkal
Head Coach

*sigh* Well I hope you had an in-game reason for killing me, or just did not know that I had not played Werewolf in a long time and had come back after being invited, or else I'm going to be pretty pissed that you couldn't let me survive one night. Geez.

I suppose this should go in the vent thread, but tough. Good luck to those who didn't kill me. Thanks Render for the game even if you did make me play a naughty little girl.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #226
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
So for clarification... today I chose to do both actions at the same time and got my PM back early on.. can I tommorrow do one action, get the results back and then submit my other one possibly using any item from the first one if I choose?

Actions that affect only yourselves will be responded to as soon as I can do so (moving, searching, scanning) Actions that directly impact others (attacks, defending, spying, etc) must wait until I have the actions of everyone involved so that I can properly process out the play by play. If I can do that prior to deadline then I will do so.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #227
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
*sigh* Well I hope you had an in-game reason for killing me, or just did not know that I had not played Werewolf in a long time and had come back after being invited, or else I'm going to be pretty pissed that you couldn't let me survive one night. Geez.

I suppose this should go in the vent thread, but tough. Good luck to those who didn't kill me. Thanks Render for the game even if you did make me play a naughty little girl.

Come back for the next game man! Sorry you died so early!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #228
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I still got some votes. Telle's was expected. Not sure I understand why I got a vote from jeheinz, and I know I don't a clue why ntndeacon voted for me, since he just hit and run without another word.

I'll give jeheinz the benefit of the doubt that he was actually giving me a compliment.

VOTE NTNDEACON

Hit and run votes are bad, very bad. Especially when I am good.

BTW, not sure why I shouldn't share this, but I found an item in the Dragon's tower last night. I have decided to use it on my favorite guinea pig tonight--myself! So, there's a decent chance I will be dead soon. Or imbued with amazing, incredible powers. Or maybe I'll just get drunk.

I will be around tonight for an hour or two before I go to bed, so if anyone is around, I am free to chat. That said, it's late everywhere, but the West Coast, so if I don't see anyone, I will likely be out again until past deadline tomorrow.

After tomorrow's busy job schedule, I should be around much more.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #229
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Yea it was pretty quick. I didn't really have a reason to vote for you except that when you are not for the villagers you tend to act like a villager. I doubt you will be my vote for today though.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #230
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Yea it was pretty quick. I didn't really have a reason to vote for you except that when you are not for the villagers you tend to act like a villager. I doubt you will be my vote for today though.

lol...but when I'm a villager, I act like I'm not a villager?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #231
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I found something too. It looks pretty cool, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I think I'll wait to try using it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:33 AM   #232
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Are we allowed to give away somethings we find? I ask because I have a something but it's somewhat worthless to me, I think.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 AM   #233
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Actions that affect only yourselves will be responded to as soon as I can do so (moving, searching, scanning) Actions that directly impact others (attacks, defending, spying, etc) must wait until I have the actions of everyone involved so that I can properly process out the play by play. If I can do that prior to deadline then I will do so.

What I am asking though is can you split your actions up. Can I send in one of my actions in the morning, get the results back and then use that item or whatever for my second action of the same day later that day?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #234
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Just checking in and reporting that although I didn't find anything in Sherwood Forest last night, I did see the wolf and Thomkal, though he wasn't dead yet. However, I did catch a glimpse of his lace panties
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #235
Barkeep49
Coordinator

BTW I think last night was a perfect example of how we're all playing in the same universe but playing different games. I have a feeling that taking out Little Red was part of the wolf's victory condition (and doing the same to the 3 Little Pigs seems obvious). However, from the rules, the game seems less about the wolf and more about the Dragon. So I don't really like the wolf, since he can kill me and all, but it seems like finding the wolf is less important to me than finding the Dragon.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #236
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I searched last night and found a potion of indeterminate powers. Anybody want it or should I risk using it?

I also followed Olliegirl last night but got distracted when a wolf ran by, leaving a trail of red cloth. I didn't get a good look at the wolf.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 AM   #237
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep, I agree, this game seems to be all about variable win conditions. For mine, I have to find or collect two specific types of items and we have to beat the wolves but I'm guessing not everyone's win conditions are tied to the wolves because the dragon seems to be a prominant figure in the directions.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 AM   #238
Telle
College Starter

I found a cloak in the Enchanted Castle.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #239
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Barkeep, I agree, this game seems to be all about variable win conditions. For mine, I have to find or collect two specific types of items and we have to beat the wolves but I'm guessing not everyone's win conditions are tied to the wolves because the dragon seems to be a prominant figure in the directions.

As I mentioned in my post from early yesterday, the victory conditions confuse me still. I am a good character from a story, and I have to find two other characters to befriend , and kill one evil character (not a wolf or dragon).. So I can gurantuee you that there is more than just the wolves and pigs element to this game.

As best I can tell, all of you other good fairy tale characters are not a part of my "story" and neither are the other evil characters in the game... ie: if the dragon or a wolf or someone killed me, it doesn't help them any at all.. likewise I have nothing to gain from killing a dragon or wolf...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but as best I can tell, there is no good guy or bad guy team victory condition... I just have my mini team of good guys I am trying to find so I can communicate with them in an effort to kill our 1 evil guy that is against us...

Am I on the right track here?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #240
Telle
College Starter

That's kind of what I'm thinking too Alan. I have my own victory condition situation kinda like yours.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #241
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
lol...but when I'm a villager, I act like I'm not a villager?

lol. you act pretty similar in both cases lol.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #242
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola.. to add to my thoughts from my previous post.. I wouldn't be suprised if all of the evil characters can communicate to balance out the fact that some of the good guys can communicate after meeting various goals..

ie: One of the bad guys could have found out thomkal was little red riding hood and passed the info along to the Wolf or such.

I am a bit torn on saying who I am looking for.. it might make things easier for me to find them, but if I am right, the bad guy in my "Story line" has to hunt down us three, or at least one of us three to meet his victory condition.. so don't want to make things easy for him.

I thought I knew who one of mine was yesterday based on a clue that Hoopsguy gave, but my searching Hoops yesterday led me to find out that he is not one of the people I am looking for. So based on his comment similarly matching my experience, I am guessing that there are several groups out there of fairy tale characters with the same type of setup..

It also leads me to an interesting choice of who to vote for today.. I don't have any idea if Hoops is good or bad, but I know he clearly isn't one of the 2 good guys I am looking for. I might just vote for him since he doesn't seem to impact me any way good (and has a very tiny chance of being the bad guy I'm after...

One other thing I am unclear on though.. I guess I might have to PM this to Render.. but if my victory condition is to have one particular character dead, what happens if they are sent off via vote? Does that mean I fail unless they are brought back from the Bog and then killed? or does getting voted off count just the same as being killed for my victory condition?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #243
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I think you are right Alan, except that in my victory conditions it did say that all the wolves need to be caught. I guess I read that as a team condition but I guess it could just be a me condition.

So maybe we are all kind of in our own story, as you put it. That makes sense for some of mine, but not all.

So then, other than for some people's victory conditions is lynching the wolves just a self-defense mechanism to keep from getting killed?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #244
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan: I was basically expressing the same thought and think you're pretty spot on. This idea of having numerous, qausi-independent factions, is one I am slightly uncomfortable with as I don't have a sense, or idea, about what that means for me in terms of voting, though I do have a sense of what that means for me in terms of night actions.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #245
Telle
College Starter

And does anyone know HOW we bring someone back from the bog? Are there certain characters that have this ability, or is this something that anyone can somehow do? Maybe if we find the right item or something??
Old 11-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #246
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I think you are right Alan, except that in my victory conditions it did say that all the wolves need to be caught. I guess I read that as a team condition but I guess it could just be a me condition.

So maybe we are all kind of in our own story, as you put it. That makes sense for some of mine, but not all.

So then, other than for some people's victory conditions is lynching the wolves just a self-defense mechanism to keep from getting killed?

I have absolutely nothing that mentions the wolves at all. As far as I knew they weren't even in the game until last night. I am a bit indifferent to coming out and saying what or who i am looking for because like I said I would be afraid that the bad guy has the reverse condition to find you.. ie: if you need to find or kill all of the wolves, then very likely they may be looking for you and now know exactly where to look..

I might be wrong on that though, but thats my guess right now.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #247
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
And does anyone know HOW we bring someone back from the bog? Are there certain characters that have this ability, or is this something that anyone can somehow do? Maybe if we find the right item or something??

I remember pre-game Render mentioned something about a person or people having the ability to learn more about people who are voted off, and Render has stated that they are not out of the game, but simply can't post or communicate or act while in the Bog. I assume based on that, there is some mechanism to allow for it, but I am unsure as of yet what that game mechanic is.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #248
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post

I started the game with something that would help bring someone back according to the description.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #249
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hrm, interesting. I still have no real idea what I'm doing.

RendeR, I know we all have our own winning conditions, but does the game then end when someone reaches theirs? Or when does the game end exactly? If answer needs to be in PM, then that's cool
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #250
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Hrm, interesting. I still have no real idea what I'm doing.

RendeR, I know we all have our own winning conditions, but does the game then end when someone reaches theirs? Or when does the game end exactly? If answer needs to be in PM, then that's cool
I asked this question of him yesterday via PM and got back a useful PM (in terms of backstory for my character) but not one which answered the question.