Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #251
Telle
College Starter

Has anyone played a game like this before where it seems like there's a multitude of victory conditions? Any thoughts on strategy?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #252
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Has anyone played a game like this before where it seems like there's a multitude of victory conditions? Any thoughts on strategy?

Well I still stand by my belief that the bad guys must all have some form of communications together (the wolf(wolves) and dragon and the others out there) to balance out things. Unfortunatly my search for my friends doesn't tell me if someone is good or bad (ie I checked out Hoops last night and have no idea who or what he is).. just if they are one of my friends... So I don't have alot of information that is ultra helpful to provide to other people day in and day out. I do know that various people mentioned finding potions or items or such that aren't of use of them.. I am guessing that others might be looking for something along those lines, but the people who are looking for them might be bad or good... So its probably good to share that information on things you find, but make sure that you hand it off before the end of the day so someone doesn't kill you for it. (Even if you haven't found someone else who wants it, just pass it on to someone random .. or at least say you did).

I know items can be passed in the game because someone else just passed me something.. I have no clue what it does though and am afraid to try it out
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #253
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
One other thing I am unclear on though.. I guess I might have to PM this to Render.. but if my victory condition is to have one particular character dead, what happens if they are sent off via vote? Does that mean I fail unless they are brought back from the Bog and then killed? or does getting voted off count just the same as being killed for my victory condition?

Each groups/players initial PM should have listed out the precise terms for what had to happen for them to win (barring a couple that I corrected after the fact) If it says killed/dead then that is what must happen, if it just says eliminated then lynched is good enough as long as they stay that way for at least 1 full day.

If someone You ned Alan is in th bog you canot win unless they get out.

Quote:
And does anyone know HOW we bring someone back from the bog? Are there certain characters that have this ability, or is this something that anyone can somehow do? Maybe if we find the right item or something??

There are a number of ways people can escape the bog. There is at least 1 item that can help, there are roles that can help and there is sheer dumb luck =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Hrm, interesting. I still have no real idea what I'm doing.

RendeR, I know we all have our own winning conditions, but does the game then end when someone reaches theirs? Or when does the game end exactly? If answer needs to be in PM, then that's cool

As soon as any one player/team/groups vitory conditions are met (I'm tracking everything) then i will announce the victory and end the game.

Last edited by RendeR : 11-06-2007 at 08:54 AM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #254
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok, so basically then as far as I'm concerned people outside of my victory condition are enemies. So even people with begnin villager roles are a threat to me because they might achieve their victory condition before me. Hmm. Very interesting.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #255
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Each groups/players initial PM should have listed out the precise terms for what had to happen for them to win (barring a couple that I corrected after the fact) If it says killed/dead then that is what must happen, if it just says eliminated then lynched is good enough as long as they stay that way for at least 1 full day.

If someone You ned Alan is in th bog you canot win unless they get out.

There are a number of ways people can escape the bog. There is at least 1 item that can help, there are roles that can help and there is sheer dumb luck =)

As soon as any one player/team/groups vitory conditions are met (I'm tracking everything) then i will announce the victory and end the game.

You mentioned for the eliminated condition that someone must stay in the bog for more than 1 day, does that mean inversely that someone who has been in the bog for more than 1 day also can't be brought back by the item/people/dumb luck in getting out? That getting out is only possible for the first 24 hours of being in there?

So I guess we all aren't necessarily working together, and in some sense don't want each other to succeed before we do.. but I still contend that I find it likely the bad guys have some form of communication with each other (otherwise it would be quite a shock for me to see little red riding hood get killed by a wolf day 1.. the odds on that are really small).. I also have absolutely no idea how I will be going about finding the person I need to eliminate since I have no power or ability to locate them.. Maybe one of my friends I need to find has an ability to do so, and I just need to find them.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #256
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Time for me to improvise my strategy a bit..

He's not one of my friends, so don't know if he is a good guy or bad guy, but sorry bud!

Vote Hoopsguy
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #257
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
You mentioned for the eliminated condition that someone must stay in the bog for more than 1 day, does that mean inversely that someone who has been in the bog for more than 1 day also can't be brought back by the item/people/dumb luck in getting out? That getting out is only possible for the first 24 hours of being in there?

So I guess we all aren't necessarily working together, and in some sense don't want each other to succeed before we do.. but I still contend that I find it likely the bad guys have some form of communication with each other (otherwise it would be quite a shock for me to see little red riding hood get killed by a wolf day 1.. the odds on that are really small).. I also have absolutely no idea how I will be going about finding the person I need to eliminate since I have no power or ability to locate them.. Maybe one of my friends I need to find has an ability to do so, and I just need to find them.

Any player can be released after any amount of time. The 24 hour limit is basically so the game doesn't drag on forever and a day. it also gives a chance for another faction to release someone they know will end the game not in their favor if left in the bog.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #258
Lorena
Unregistered

These complicated games give my little brain a headache.. I also found an item... seems to be magical but I've no idea what it does.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #259
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
These complicated games give my little brain a headache.. I also found an item... seems to be magical but I've no idea what it does.

And to think, I tore out 2/3 of the actual rules and options for the players from my original game design!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan: I suspect there is one or more items that can help you with your searching. My problem is that right now I have an item which seems nice enough but I have no idea what it does and based on the PM I'm inclined to believe it's useful for someone else who isn't me. I just don't know what I should do with it. If I had the option to destroy it I probably would.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #261
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

And to think, I tore out 2/3 of the actual rules and options for the players from my original game design!
To be honest I wish that 2/3 was back in.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #262
Lorena
Unregistered

You guys and your complicated games... pfft

Old 11-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #263
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You guys and your complicated games... pfft

I know! I'm actually kind of happy that in comparison my most recent game doesn't seem all that complicated when compared to the games Hoops and CW have up coming and the one Alan just finished .
Old 11-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #264
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan: I suspect there is one or more items that can help you with your searching. My problem is that right now I have an item which seems nice enough but I have no idea what it does and based on the PM I'm inclined to believe it's useful for someone else who isn't me. I just don't know what I should do with it. If I had the option to destroy it I probably would.

Items may be given freely to other players via PM to me at any time during the day. Mundane items (not listed as magical) may be destroyed by sending me a PM as well.

using an item does not use an action. You may use an item as often during the day as you wish if the item allows for such a thing.

Last edited by RendeR : 11-06-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #265
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Well based on what Render said, I am trying to figure out how helping someone else by give it to them will pursue your interests any in the game. At this point I am struggling to figure out how this game doesn't just end up a battle royale so to speak, with the last man standing.. and the people who find their friends first controlling the votes each day.

This game could become chaos pretty quickly.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #266
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

This game could become chaos pretty quickly.

I didn't name it ANARCHY in fairy tale land for nothing Alan =)
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #267
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I feel like this is a good time to reveal that I'm Buttercup.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #268
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

That'd be great and all, but I have no idea what this means.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #269
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, it means that I'm good.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #270
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

is this a good idea? allowing the Dread Pirate Roberts to know who you are? I'm sure his goal has something to do with you.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #271
st.cronin
General Manager

I have no items, but submit for your consideration that Dodgerchick has a tail.

VOTE DODGERCHICK

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #272
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It means that he is Buttercup from the Princess Bride, and that likely the Dread Pirate Roberts is looking for her and now knows who to search for today. Once they find each other, they will be able to PM with each other and go about trying to find someone else that they are friends with? Or try to figure out who their nemesis is to kill, who I am assuming is the Evil Mastermind (even though i would think the six fingered man would be a better choice).

Similarly there is Lancelot who is looking for Guinevere , Shrek who is looking for Fiona, and maybe others, Peter Pan looking for Wendy? or possibly just looking for tinkerbelle?

Obviously there are other groups with different types of win conditions, but this is just one of the bunch in the game.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #273
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
is this a good idea? allowing the Dread Pirate Roberts to know who you are? I'm sure his goal has something to do with you.

The Dread Pirate Roberts was a good guy, the Evil Mastermind I am guessing is supposed to be the Sicilian? Or maybe the evil role that is looking for Buttercup isn't listed in the character list.. like I would assume either Prince Humperdinck or the Six fingererd man to be after her..

I agree though, that Im not sure how wise it is to put a bullseye on yourself.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #274
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
It means that he is Buttercup from the Princess Bride, and that likely the Dread Pirate Roberts is looking for her and now knows who to search for today. Once they find each other, they will be able to PM with each other and go about trying to find someone else that they are friends with? Or try to figure out who their nemesis is to kill, who I am assuming is the Evil Mastermind (even though i would think the six fingered man would be a better choice).

Similarly there is Lancelot who is looking for Guinevere , Shrek who is looking for Fiona, and maybe others, Peter Pan looking for Wendy? or possibly just looking for tinkerbelle?

Obviously there are other groups with different types of win conditions, but this is just one of the bunch in the game.

Are you the Dread Pirate Roberts, then?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #275
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you the Dread Pirate Roberts, then?

No, I am not. Am I correct on your winning condition though? if so, at least help fill me in on who your nemesis is since I'm kind of missing a few of those pieces in my puzzle I've been trying to piece together all morning

I actually don't have anything to do with your story line.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #276
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The Dread Pirate Roberts was a good guy, the Evil Mastermind I am guessing is supposed to be the Sicilian? Or maybe the evil role that is looking for Buttercup isn't listed in the character list.. like I would assume either Prince Humperdinck or the Six fingererd man to be after her..

I agree though, that Im not sure how wise it is to put a bullseye on yourself.

So yeah, wouldn't the Evil Mastermind or whoever is Pass's bad guy then just want to pick him off? Even if he unites with Dread Pirate Roberts, he's likely to then get killed, so what was the point?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #277
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
So yeah, wouldn't the Evil Mastermind or whoever is Pass's bad guy then just want to pick him off? Even if he unites with Dread Pirate Roberts, he's likely to then get killed, so what was the point?

Maybe he IS the bad guy, doing a gutsy move to get the Dread Pirate Roberts to speak up?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #278
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe he IS the bad guy, doing a gutsy move to get the Dread Pirate Roberts to speak up?

No. I'm Buttercup.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #279
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I actually was thinking he was the Dread Pirate Roberts trying to find Buttercup and saying it this way to not give it away to whomever his nemesis is.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #280
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

VOTE DODGERCHICK

worth a shot. although that isn't as descriptive as it would be in other games. I guess that her tail is you right now though.

Vote DodgerChick
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #281
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I guess that her tail is you right now though.

Was last night. Or yesterday, not sure how the schedule really works.

knives out
Old 11-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #282
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

VOTE DODGERCHICK

Nice! What kind of tail? Fluffy? Long? Curly? So many tails in this game. I found someone with a tail as well.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #283
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Was last night. Or yesterday, not sure how the schedule really works.

I'm kinda working this as I go SC, basically the only discerning factor is that day actions get responses almost instantly (as I can) and the rest have to wait because of actions that depend on what others do as well so those get sorted out after deadline and become defacto "night" actions.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #284
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I just looked for stuff and found nothing! hopefully will have better luck tonight.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #285
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Nice! What kind of tail? Fluffy? Long? Curly? So many tails in this game. I found someone with a tail as well.

Care to say who?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #286
RendeR
Coordinator

I heart Oliegirl.

just sayin.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #287
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually was thinking he was the Dread Pirate Roberts trying to find Buttercup and saying it this way to not give it away to whomever his nemesis is.

No, just Buttercup. You guys know that I'm a pretty straight shooter in these games. Look at last game as evidence. Everyone was all conspiracy theorist, and going off on all these crazy tangents about what I could be up to, but in the end, the result was pretty boring.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #288
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

good news villagers! i have decided to replace sebastian (despite wanting a game off). Now let me get up to speed and catch us some wolves while I hopefully try to get out of the Bog I guess (per my PM from Render).

This is my introductory post.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #289
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Just checking in and reporting that although I didn't find anything in Sherwood Forest last night, I did see the wolf and Thomkal, though he wasn't dead yet. However, I did catch a glimpse of his lace panties

well i suppose you could have them now since I don't have any use for them anymore.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #290
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Care to say who?

I wouldn't, but cronin might.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #291
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
good news villagers! i have decided to replace sebastian (despite wanting a game off). Now let me get up to speed and catch us some wolves while I hopefully try to get out of the Bog I guess (per my PM from Render).

Just for clarification sake, can you post and comment while in the bog, or are you kind of stuck there until someone or something frees you?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #292
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I wouldn't, but cronin might.

Oh wait, i'm such an idiot, you mean who I found with a tail? Not quite yet, I certainly don't wanna make it easier for other players when I have my own victory conditions.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #293
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Just for clarification sake, can you post and comment while in the bog, or are you kind of stuck there until someone or something frees you?

He cannot post or vote until he escapes from the Bog, in whatever manner that happens.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #294
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

the rules say no posting or voting while there.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #295
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

welcome DT
Old 11-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #296
RendeR
Coordinator

You all hear a tiny shreeeeeeek! and as you follow the sound you find St. Cronin lying on the ground with a crossbow bolt sticking out between his tiny little wings!

St. Cronin is dead!! he was Tinkerbelle!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #297
Lorena
Unregistered

right on... welcome dt
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #298
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
You all hear a tiny shreeeeeeek! and as you follow the sound you find St. Cronin lying on the ground with a crossbow bolt sticking out between his tiny little wings!

St. Cronin is dead!! he was Tinkerbelle!

Uh... wtf?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #299
st.cronin
General Manager

Well.

knives out
Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #300
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
I heart Oliegirl.

just sayin.

Oh yeah, thanks render...now Telle is going to be out for me! Like I don't have enough to worry about with wolves, dragons, pigs, etc...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote