claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

next!!!!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #502
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I didn't think there was a chance for Anxiety to pull it out when I got nailed so early for helping Purdue. Great game Abe!
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #503
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here's an irony, on Day Three, my top two choices for killing were CR and ntndeacon in that order, because of play skill. Then things changed in teh game, and I had to move to other players over the game, like jeheinz. CR and ntndeacon were always my second choices through those games.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #504
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thomkal - when did you find out I was the last wolf? Ever? What Day;s actions?

Old 11-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #505
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Thomkal - when did you find out I was the last wolf? Ever? What Day;s actions?

Actually I found you on the very first day. I didn't scan Purdue Brad because I suspected he was a wolf with what happened on day 1. So I went after someone away from the PB/Path voters figuring the wolves would try to hide one there. You just seemed the more "wolfy" of those players.

Ironically finding you instead of scanning PB made me make a bad move or so I thought, when I didn't save PB from the lynch. I was ready to vote with you on Pass that day, but after you had voted, Pass had come out with his seer reveal. I was surprised that you moved your vote to PB rather than try to save him, figuring it would just be you then. So you fooled me into thinking perhaps PB wasn't a wolf after all, so I didn't duke him. So its your fault he was lynched

But that worked out pretty well for us when Schmidty revealed, letting me take him out as I wouldn't have picked him, probably would have taken Path since he was a known commodity.

I thought it too dangerous to really try to signal you that I knew you were a wolf...but my vote on Chief Rum on day 1? A sneaky signal that since I was voting for the previous wolf lover in the aborted start that I was the new wolf lover. And I also tried to signal you when I responded to your question about whether you should listen to me or not by saying you should listen to me.

I think the mistake the village made was not taking me out the day after I was revealed as the wolf lover. It brought the possibility of a tie vote between the good guys and the bad guys on the last day into play. And more time to find him if I hadn't yet. Not sure if that would have made the numbers any better for you or not.

Great job Anxiety for holding on for the win after that horrendous start for you guys, great job Path for that duke you pulled out of nowhere, and great job Cronin on the game. I liked the medic/fake medic concept a lot, added some additional complexity to the game. Congrats to the wolves on their win, and good try villagers.

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-18-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #506
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Anxiety, you're the man!!!! Way to go Abe!

Alan T., nice job on day one, you really helped put us behind the eight ball.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #507
st.cronin
General Manager

The way the fake seer worked: whichever player he scanned, that player would have a % chance of appearing as a wolf equal to the % of wolves still in the game. So when Schmidty scanned Thomkal, there was a 1 in 9 chance of Schmidty getting the result "thomkal is a wolf," regardless of who he had scanned.

The way the bodyguard worked: The bodyguard could freely guard whoever he wanted, except that he could not guard himself. If he had wanted to guard a certain player multiple times in a row, though, that would have been ok. This is the second time I've used this variant of the bodyguard, and both times its been Alan, and both times its played out the same way - he has had to reveal, and then got eaten by wolves that same night, when normally he would have been able to guard himself..

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #508
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow that might have been a whole different game had schmidty scanned me as human.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #509
path12
Coordinator

Damn. I felt so good about the game after the first two days. Oh well. Good game, Abe. I still love you.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #510
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

thx

Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 PM   #511
RendeR
Coordinator

We had a known bad guy, siting there, staring at us and yet instead of lynching thonkal y'all went after me.

Dumb move. It seems to me that anytime you have the opportunity to remove a negatively sitting vote (in this case the wolf lover) you have to take it. You know that player isn't going to vote with you on anything so taking away any help the wolves have during lynch votes would seem a must-do.

Ahh well. Play Werewolf, learn to suck up losses =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:12 PM   #512
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
We had a known bad guy, siting there, staring at us and yet instead of lynching thonkal y'all went after me.

Dumb move. It seems to me that anytime you have the opportunity to remove a negatively sitting vote (in this case the wolf lover) you have to take it. You know that player isn't going to vote with you on anything so taking away any help the wolves have during lynch votes would seem a must-do.

Ahh well. Play Werewolf, learn to suck up losses =)

Taking the time to lynch him would have done two things: give the wolves one more night kill, and would remove a human from the human-wold ratio with his lynching.

I discovered a couple things looking back at Anxiety that had I noted them at the time, I doubt I would have voted you. That was a mistake. But I still think we made the right move leaving Thomkal alone.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #513
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I agree -- killing Thomkal gives the wolves the advantage, since he counted as a villager.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #514
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Taking the time to lynch him would have done two things: give the wolves one more night kill, and would remove a human from the human-wold ratio with his lynching.

I discovered a couple things looking back at Anxiety that had I noted them at the time, I doubt I would have voted you. That was a mistake. But I still think we made the right move leaving Thomkal alone.

Like what?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #515
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like what?

Oh, the things I discovered were about Render, voting patterns and such. I forget the specifics.

I listed out all the stuff I found on you.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #516
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Meaning, I found a couple things on Render that would have pushed me away from voting for him that day (and might have ended up voting for you).

Old 11-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #517
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Anxiety, you're the man!!!! Way to go Abe!

Alan T., nice job on day one, you really helped put us behind the eight ball.

Hehe, when I died I assumed you and Barkeep were the two wolves. I actually asked cronin in response to my "you are dead" pm if barkeep was also a wolf. I am glad path saw the same things I saw there though and I am glad he pulled that trigger.

I was being pretty strong to Chief when I died, but I actually got a different vibe from him which I wasn't sure what I figured he was. So I decided to guard him and then when I died that night I started to wonder if he was the third wolf.. Anxiety wasn't on my radar at all..

And yeah, like someone else said, I had no ability to protect myself, so I was a sitting duck. But Barkeep ended up outing himself when his comment was that i came off too strong in my defense.. everyone knows my defense is always like that Thats why i refused to move my vote from PurdueBrad.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #518
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I agree -- killing Thomkal gives the wolves the advantage, since he counted as a villager.

But keeping me alive gave the wolves another vote when they needed it the most-at the end game. And I wasn't going to do anything to help you figure out who the wolf was.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #519
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GL in the next game PB

Old 11-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #520
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
GL in the next game PB

Thanks, wondering what Barkeep thinks the start date should be given Turkey Day falling this week. I'm a little nervous but I've kept it pretty simple and hope to get a good number of people signed up for my first game.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #521
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Thanks, wondering what Barkeep thinks the start date should be given Turkey Day falling this week. I'm a little nervous but I've kept it pretty simple and hope to get a good number of people signed up for my first game.

Its always tough to say, often there are alot of people around who want to play a game or small game, but its very unlikely that you won't get more than 8-12 if that during this week.

My suggestion would be to post a signup list and ask people when they sign up if they could play before next monday or not. If only 6-8 people sign up, someone could technically run a quick small game during that time. I know I won't be around able to play much until after turkey day myself.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #522
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Dang it.

Good game Anxiety. I can't say when I was still alive that I had the read on you at all.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote