Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #351
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, I am going to do a vote count so it may be a few. Sorry for the delay everyone
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #352
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
IIRC, it was 4-3-2 (jh) with 5 people left to vote after I made my selection. If jeheinz picked up 1 vote and someone moved off olie, he would be tied for the lead. Ironically enough, CR did that seconds after I posted, but the point remained that being 2 down with 5 voters left isn't a lost cause. And, unless self preservation is in order, I'd prefer to vote for the person most resembling a werewolve over piling on others I don't feel as strongly about.

Oh, once last. Normally, you're right that 2 down with 5 voters left isn't a lost cause except: A) Schmidty couldn't vote, so that's four; B) you and Farrah and mau were three of the five, and you had all already voted; and C) it was already deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #353
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ok, I am going to do a vote count so it may be a few. Sorry for the delay everyone

Lathum, I think you should be good going forward from my post one page back. It has most of the votes up to 9:56 EST.

I believe it ended up 4-4 olie and mau tie, with jeheinz 3, clap 1, and ntn and Schmidty not voting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #354
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Rollin to bed everyone. I'll see what happened tomorrow. Hopefully I don't get killed.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mau: 4 (jeheinz72, oliegirl, DT, farrah)
jeheinz72: 3 (BK, Arles, CR)
oliegirl: 4 (Raider's Army, Passacaglia,clap, mauboy)
claphamsa: 1 (path12)

not voted NTN Deacon
Old 01-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #356
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

After the shocking day before you all can't bring yourselves to force someone to leave the hotel. You det.cide it is better to sleep on it and hope for the best
Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #357
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You all are ready to adjourn to your room when a cab pulls up out front. NTNDeacon hops in and screams, "don't wait up!!!!" and rolls off.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You all gather for breakfast the next morning and everyone is present and accounted for. Maybe the killing was random?

Day 3 has begun
Old 01-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #359
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
No, you're probably spelling my name as P-A-T-H or something.

Heh.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #360
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Oh, once last. Normally, you're right that 2 down with 5 voters left isn't a lost cause except: A) Schmidty couldn't vote, so that's four; B) you and Farrah and mau were three of the five, and you had all already voted; and C) it was already deadline.
Good point on the time. I was just going by the summary above when I voted (which showed 5 left) and I didn't think it was as close to the deadline as it ended up being (1 minute - sheesh).

Any rate, I may be making to much of things as a first time player and outsmarting myself. Hopefully I don't anger the wrong people and become wolf meat here soon.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, so the tie wasn't so hot an idea.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #362
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Good point on the time. I was just going by the summary above when I voted (which showed 5 left) and I didn't think it was as close to the deadline as it ended up being (1 minute - sheesh).

Any rate, I may be making to much of things as a first time player and outsmarting myself. Hopefully I don't anger the wrong people and become wolf meat here soon.

Outsmarting oneself is a commonplace pasttime in WW games.

For instance, I outsmarted myself in thinking the tie mechanism would be something other than a bloodless tie. So now we don't know if olie or mayboy are wolves.

Fortunately, it appears our BG has made a good block. Perhaps we'll hear more today from him or her.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #363
path12
Coordinator

Wow. Weirdness.

As I think most of you know, I'm not going to be around tomorrow, I plan on being back on Thursday, so I want to get a vote in now.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Go village!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #364
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Farrah voted the experienced player... *SNOT BUBBLES JUST BLEW ALL OVER*

Oh and nobody died? Wow! Well guys, we caught a break as I don't think Olliegirl or myself is a wolfie. I suggest we find a different route and hopefully we can actually do something right today.

See you all tomorrow.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #365
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

You know it's lonely being the only dead guy. Apparently, everyone's either leaving the party, or getting thrown out.

I GET MURDERED!!!

Sigh.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #366
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
You know it's lonely being the only dead guy. Apparently, everyone's either leaving the party, or getting thrown out.

I GET MURDERED!!!

Sigh.

render got lynched.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #367
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post
render got lynched.

Yeah, but he just pack his bags and left.

I GOT MURDERED!!!

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 01-16-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #368
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have to put in a vote since I am out all day, too. I'm not too thrilled about Passacaglia's move either, but I am not convinced, and if I go with him, that will be two votes (mine and path's) that won't change today. I don't want to start a dogpile that can't be changed without good reason.

So I'm going to VOTE MAUBOY.

I'm not sure I buy that Arles didn't know the vote counts when he voted, so I am going on a hunch he might have been trying to save a wolf. I can't decide between oliegirl and mauboy, so going with my gut.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 AM   #369
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow -- I thought I was the only GM who had ties result in no-kill these days. Glad to see I'm not the only touchy-feely GM out there.

Lathum -- did the wolves know a tie would result in no kill?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #370
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Off to work, more when I get there.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 AM   #371
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow -- I thought I was the only GM who had ties result in no-kill these days. Glad to see I'm not the only touchy-feely GM out there.

Why does this have to be true? What if the tiebreaker is Schmidty or was Render or Neon?

Anyhow, as expected, we know ties are to be avoided.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #372
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Why does this have to be true? What if the tiebreaker is Schmidty or was Render or Neon?

Which isn't to say that people shouldn't create them, because the pressure of a tie can lead to revealing results, just that we need to be VERY VERY careful with them.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 AM   #373
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok the two players ringing alarm bells for me:

1. Pass - Unvotes for no discernible reason
2. CR - Was purposely attempting to create a tie
Old 01-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #374
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Other things:

1. NTN appears to have been removed from the game. Why no alternate being used since a couple people have said they would be one? Could it be a game mechanic instead?

2. No kill. Conversion or blocked kill? I'm hoping that if it's a blocked kill the person who was the attempted killee knows it so we could establish which of those two it is. If it's a conversion I have no sense of what direction they might go in, so I can't really speculate about it at this time.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

no
Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #376
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I find this interesting. This is ringing some bells with me. Pass, you say that you don't want to start a bandwagon on oliegirl, yet you piled on mauboy and then switched to oliegirl...both being bandwagons.

Based upon this,

VOTE PASS

I feel as if we aren't learning much at this point and we need to lynch someone today.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #377
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well that's an interesting day/night. Some thoughts

- Good gravy people, way to give a fella a heart-attack with all those late votes on me with no vote count!

- I think we have to look at those tie-creators and those who might've been saved by the tie.

- I worry that the night results are because somehow the baddies found the Groom (who is auto-protected once). It seems early for the BG to be clued in enough to make an educated protection order (beyond pure luck that is).

Thoughts? I'm not sure if I like a vote for Pass just yet.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #378
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no, i don't think ntn was removed. he didn't vote and i think it just relates to that.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #379
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
2. No kill. Conversion or blocked kill? I'm hoping that if it's a blocked kill the person who was the attempted killee knows it so we could establish which of those two it is. If it's a conversion I have no sense of what direction they might go in, so I can't really speculate about it at this time.

query: what's a "conversion"?

possible new player here.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #380
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Huh? Why does what have to be true?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #381
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I find this interesting. This is ringing some bells with me. Pass, you say that you don't want to start a bandwagon on oliegirl, yet you piled on mauboy and then switched to oliegirl...both being bandwagons.

So I started two bandwagons? How does that make me wolfish? Look at how the votes went. I vote mauboy at something like 7:46, and come back to find that olie has voted right after me at around 8 PM. That really pinged my radar, and in that case, I can understand why the bandwagon started -- it probably pinged other people's radar, too.

VOTE OLIEGIRL
Old 01-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #382
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post
query: what's a "conversion"?

possible new player here.

A conversion is when someone who had been a good guy up to this point becomes a bad guy.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #383
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Huh? Why does what have to be true?
The idea that a tie automatically equals no lynch.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #384
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I don't know if I'm buying the Olie thing. I noticed the follow up vote as well, but we're talking < 90 minutes to deadline, what should she do, wait just because it happens that she finally decided to vote how she's leaning. I'm not getting a wolf vibe from Pass either.

I'm leaning...

Mau again, same reason
BK, who has seemed skittish and flip-floppy (in his posts, not his votes necessarily)
One of Farrah, Arlie, CR for that strange end-of-day sequence.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #385
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

For now, Vote Barkeep49
Old 01-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #386
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I don't know if I'm buying the Olie thing. I noticed the follow up vote as well, but we're talking < 90 minutes to deadline, what should she do, wait just because it happens that she finally decided to vote how she's leaning. I'm not getting a wolf vibe from Pass either.

I'm leaning...

Mau again, same reason
BK, who has seemed skittish and flip-floppy (in his posts, not his votes necessarily)
One of Farrah, Arlie, CR for that strange end-of-day sequence.

I'm not saying she should have waited. I'm saying that she DID wait. Look at her posts from 6 PM Central until her vote. She came in, off and on, and it seems like she waited until I voted for mauboy, then put in her own vote, thinking that it would be the nail in his coffin. Actually, I'm surprised that you aren't on the same wavelength here -- I feel like I'm in the position you were in yesterday. It's like I'm you, oliegirl is mauboy, mauboy is RendeR, and you're...me?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #387
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm not sure I buy that Arles didn't know the vote counts when he voted, so I am going on a hunch he might have been trying to save a wolf. I can't decide between oliegirl and mauboy, so going with my gut.
I knew the vote counts, what I spaced on was that there was less than 5 minutes left when I posted. I referenced post 317 and knew it would be 4-3-2 after I voted with 5 left to vote. My mistake was not realizing there were only 4 minutes left so my jeheinz72 vote ended up being meaningless. Even if others left over were planning on voting for him, it's doubtful they would have logged in and voted for him in the last 3-4 minutes (it's not like this is an ebay auction ).

I'll probably vote a little earlier today so that I can go with my gut at the point where it may end up being a factor. I'm just having a tough time as I felt pretty solid about Jeheinz72 being a wolf last night, but now I have 2nd thoughts. Also, it's weird (and a little scary) that no one was taken out by the wolves. The best parallel would be if, early on in a game of clue, someone's guess couldn't be proven wrong by any of the players. It could be that the guesser had 2 of the cards, but it's still a little unsettling as it could also mean that person knows a heck of a lot more than they should. Tonight is shaping up to be a big protection night for the body guard, IMO.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #388
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
The idea that a tie automatically equals no lynch.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah -- but if that's not the case, then whatever happened is probably too confusing to figure out, with too little to gain. But if anyone wants to take that charge, feel free.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #389
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
For now, Vote Barkeep49
I'd love some example of seeming flipfloppy. We live in uncertain times in early days. So am I all over the place? You better believe it. I strongly question anyone who is otherwise considering that only the wolves know the truth then.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #390
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd love some example of seeming flipfloppy. We live in uncertain times in early days. So am I all over the place? You better believe it. I strongly question anyone who is otherwise considering that only the wolves know the truth then.

Wait, so you challenge him for an example of you being flipfloppy, then proclaim that you damn well ARE flipfloppy? Man -- you're even flipfloppy about being flipfloppy!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #391
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm not saying she should have waited. I'm saying that she DID wait. Look at her posts from 6 PM Central until her vote. She came in, off and on, and it seems like she waited until I voted for mauboy, then put in her own vote, thinking that it would be the nail in his coffin. Actually, I'm surprised that you aren't on the same wavelength here -- I feel like I'm in the position you were in yesterday. It's like I'm you, oliegirl is mauboy, mauboy is RendeR, and you're...me?

Yeah, and that's why I'm staying out of it frankly, it parallels where I was yesterday and that was a bad situation all around, since I'm not a wolf.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #392
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Well I vote right after you and it's bad.
Olie does it after Pass and that's ok?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #393
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, no -- the opposite. I think there's a difference between a vote that makes it 3-111111 and a vote that makes it 4-1111111. That may be minutia to some, but when you combine that with the way that 4th vote went down, plus olie's reaction to my vote, then there you have it.

(And I know this post wasn't directed at me, but I just wanted to chime in on how olie's vote was different from yours, in my opinion)
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #394
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Naw that's not great either. But to me it was pass's needless unvote which raises far more suspicion. But you're right that ollie should be on my radar.

That said this really just sounds like you're frustrated with me that my vote was on you all day long more than anything.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #395
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, no -- the opposite. I think there's a difference between a vote that makes it 3-111111 and a vote that makes it 4-1111111. That may be minutia to some, but when you combine that with the way that 4th vote went down, plus olie's reaction to my vote, then there you have it.

(And I know this post wasn't directed at me, but I just wanted to chime in on how olie's vote was different from yours, in my opinion)

I get that, to a degree, but I don't see how the difference is large enough that 3-1111 is vote-worthy and 4-11111 is defense-worthy.

I mean if he had said nothing about Olie, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Or if he had said nothing about mine but defended Olie, I'd think nothing of it. But the difference in the minutia and the difference in his reaction aren't jiving in my mind.

Does that make sense?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #396
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Naw that's not great either. But to me it was pass's needless unvote which raises far more suspicion. But you're right that ollie should be on my radar.

That said this really just sounds like you're frustrated with me that my vote was on you all day long more than anything.

I could care less that you voted for me. I'm still here, so it's all good. Like I said yesterday, I knew that if my Day One plan didn't go as I hoped, I'd get some heat. I take more issue with what you've posted than your vote. To me retalitory voting is simplistic and largely innaccurate in WW games.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #397
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess it just seems to me BK that you are trying AWFULLY hard to stay in the middle on things. Like you voted for me since it was an obvious vote to make. You don't come out one way or another on really anything.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #398
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I get that, to a degree, but I don't see how the difference is large enough that 3-1111 is vote-worthy and 4-11111 is defense-worthy.

I mean if he had said nothing about Olie, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Or if he had said nothing about mine but defended Olie, I'd think nothing of it. But the difference in the minutia and the difference in his reaction aren't jiving in my mind.

Does that make sense?

Man, you're seeing all kinds of things in this game that I'm missing. Where did BK defend olie?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #399
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
that was to pass. I called him passacaligula. and then someone masacred my named for 2-3 games.

Just going through old posts -- I thought that passacaligula was awesome, by the way.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #400
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Barkeep

Just thought I'd get it out there now. I've got a flag football game tonight going right through our deadline but I'll be around all day to see what goes on.

I'm not convinced of OllieGirl and not really convinced of anybody else right now. I don't really know why I'm voting for BK except maybe for a small thing or two that Heinz has mentioned already.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote