Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #401
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yeah, it definitely sucks, for those of us looking to make a vote in the next hour or so. You have any thoughts so far, olie? I don't think I've heard much from you today, and after last game, it might be a better idea if you vote right before me, instead of right after!

LOL...I was planning on just staying as far away from you as possible for this game!

I'm leaning toward RendeR right now but am not really convinced on anyone. How about you? Is there anyone that hasn't voted besides the 2 of us?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #402
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
LOL...I was planning on just staying as far away from you as possible for this game!

I'm leaning toward RendeR right now but am not really convinced on anyone. How about you? Is there anyone that hasn't voted besides the 2 of us?

I count 12 voters, and I believe there should be 19 alive.

I've been looking at fink and RendeR for my vote, leaning toward RendeR. We sure spar a lot, for people who generally seem to be on the same side of things most of the time. Although, this time, if we both vote for RendeR, then I promise not to vote for you!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #403
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I count 12 voters, and I believe there should be 19 alive.

I've been looking at fink and RendeR for my vote, leaning toward RendeR. We sure spar a lot, for people who generally seem to be on the same side of things most of the time. Although, this time, if we both vote for RendeR, then I promise not to vote for you!

LOL, we do, don't we? Though you've been a wolf in a number of games I've played, so I'm always very leery to trust you...

I'm comfortable right now voting for RendeR, I'm around all evening so if we need to move votes at the last minute I could, though I don't like to move votes unless I absolutely have to.

VOTE RENDER
Old 01-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #404
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just read the Arles manifesto in Post #361. I think I'm going to have fun playing with him in one of these games.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #405
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Just read the Arles manifesto in Post #361. I think I'm going to have fun playing with him in one of these games.
That would require to actually, ya know, play in a game...

Just sayin'...
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #406
hoopsguy
General Manager

Touche'. I will now bow out of the thread of the game that I'm not playing to better allow the regularly scheduled mayhem to proceed.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #407
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm confused by this. You have less trust of Arles so you vote for one of his wolf candidates?

Normally that would not make any sense what so ever, however in this game it does. If a wolf is trying to mark a path against the other tribe he doesn't have to vote for them he makes them or at least some of them in a list of "possible wolfies" since he has not voted for them he also can not be said to lead the charge against them. (and is I assume safe from moderator anger) So Since Arles looks more wolfy to me I am making the leap that his names he isnt voting for should lead to a wolf too.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #408
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Fine, I'll be the difference for the time being.

unvote schmidty
vote render
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #409
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Ah, didn't realize there was a page nine(50 PPP) with a vote. Ah, well. I guess my vote stands momentarily.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #410
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, I'll put in my vote where I thought I would. I was considering fink for a while, but I figured we'll learn more, and it's in everyone's best interests, if I vote for RendeR instead.

VOTE RendeR
Old 01-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #411
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks for the simultaneous vote of confidence, mauboy.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #412
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

A few thoughts...

This run on Render is worreying me, not because I think he is innocent but because we learn nothing from a route.

Thats 2 days in a row bsak and Clap have voted for me while leaving some time in between their votes. It almost seems like they could be wolves trying to make it look like they know something about me and trying to get the villagers to take care of buisness for them.

Arles IMO seems pretty trustworthy. As a new player I think he would be much more inclined to lay low as opposed to publishing as very well thought out theory.

Render usualy defends himself with much more passion, piss and vinager. Not sure what to make of his laid back aproach thus far.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #413
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
A few thoughts...

This run on Render is worreying me, not because I think he is innocent but because we learn nothing from a route.
This is what worries me too. Even if he is a wolf as I expect, does that tell us anything? It may put more of a focus on SnDvls as he seemed to vote right after RendeR - but even that's a tough tie-in. IMO, the two most "useful" votes would be you and Olie. If you are good, we know this line is valid. If Olie is a wolf, then this line would also be valid. However, I *think* you are good so I am not willing to lose another likely villager just to be proven right. Heck, they could vote me off and when I'm not a wolf they would know I'm right. But I'd rather not have it come to that.

Quote:
Thats 2 days in a row bsak and Clap have voted for me while leaving some time in between their votes. It almost seems like they could be wolves trying to make it look like they know something about me and trying to get the villagers to take care of buisness for them.
bsak strikes me as a possible wolf, Clap less likely. But, there's not much data here to go off.

Quote:
Arles IMO seems pretty trustworthy. As a new player I think he would be much more inclined to lay low as opposed to publishing as very well thought out theory.
IMO, if someone comes out with a bunch of theories/votes, it's going to make them look like a wolf. So, to help combat that assumption, I tried to be more thorough with my reasoning so that people see I am not trying to randomly target villagers and instead am legitimately looking for wolves.

Quote:
Render usualy defends himself with much more passion, piss and vinager. Not sure what to make of his laid back aproach thus far.
I helped vote him off last game and he was good. So, maybe this time he will be a wolf and average out. Either way, I don't think I'm making his Werewolf Game club Christmas card list anytime soon.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #414
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
- The person on Lathum's list (which I agree with minus of course, my inclusion since that is incorrect) is finkenst. He came on, late in the day and basically threw his vote away on a completely new person. He also didn't post hardly at all, I think he posted more in last games' thread than he has here.

Vote Finkenst

As far as I can see, Fink still hasn't said anything to defend this. It either means he hasn't checked, or he was hoping he wouldn't have to defend himself and a run would go on someone else - i.e., render. Laying low is a very popular and effective wolf strategy. That way you get 3-5 regular office workers who are blaming each other back and forth and votes tend to land on one of them.

I also agree with the concerns about the run on Render, and I don't feel that heinze has done anything warranting a real vote (but he has fooled many in other games, so I'll always keep my eye on you).

For now - Vote Finkenst
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #415
The Jackal
Coordinator

Another thought though.. if Render usually defends himself more vigorously, then my reasoning for voting fink pretty much applies to him too. I'd like to hear from both of them, really.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #416
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'll be around most of the night to change my vote if I see fit.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #417
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh and just a suggestion CM, in the players post on the first page, it really looks like BK was a wolf.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #418
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Personally I'm a little concerned about Arlie having another theory. The last game he did, and we all followed him I ended up with my throat slashed.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #419
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, I leave again soon for the day. Not sure I love the RendeR plan. I'm sticking with fink, something is just strange with his play thus far when compared to his abundance of interest during the previous game.

Plus, he hasn't posted hardly at all and if I'm going to err, I'd rather err and lynch someone who really isn't helping the group anyhow.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #420
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I must say I find Crnin;s behavior towards me baffiling as well. He usualy wants me dead.

No, I would say my philosophy is: When in doubt, lynch Lathum. Day 1 that got trumped by "lynch the guy who says he's a wolf." Day 2 I am thinking that the best play is assuming you're good.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #421
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm totally ok with a unanimous vote on a wolf. Who cares if we learn anything.

knives out
Old 01-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #422
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Catching up. I totally agree with this. Runs in this game could easily be teams going after each other. I think consecutive votes like that should get a lot of scrutiny.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #423
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'm totally ok with a unanimous vote on a wolf. Who cares if we learn anything.

ordinaraly I would be happy just nailing a wolf but in this game there are going to be more then the average number of wolves ( probably) and voting paterens are gonna be more important.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #424
st.cronin
General Manager

Here's my vote count:

RendeR - 5 - Arles (361), Mr. Wednesday (396), oliegirl (403), mauboy1 (408), passacaglia (410)
finknest - 3 - jeheinz72 (360), path12 (377), The Jackal (414)
jeheinz72 - 2 - Lathum (348), Alan T (349)
lathum - 2 - claphamsa (356), bask16 (395)
SnDvls - 2 RendeR (373), ntndeacon (392)
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn - 1 - st.cronin (346)

knives out
Old 01-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #425
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I'll be around most of the night to change my vote if I see fit.

What would make you see fit?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #426
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unvote JEHeinze
Vote Finkest
Old 01-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #427
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What would make you see fit?

Some actual arguments. I want to here what these guys have to say. Few more hours left for them to come online and actually say something. It could be that they're just guilty and have no way around it? Dunno.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #428
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Some actual arguments. I want to here what these guys have to say. Few more hours left for them to come online and actually say something. It could be that they're just guilty and have no way around it? Dunno.

I've been surprised at the lack of defense we've seen this game...usually people on the chopping block are begging and pleading to not get voted out, going on and on about how they are innocent villagers, etc...yet we haven't seen that. Even BS didn't do that yesterday, and he was the Observer, which kind of threw me. I looked back through his posts looking for something that might be a clue...but couldn't find anything.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #429
st.cronin
General Manager

what would happen if all of the department were eliminated before any wolves got voted off? Does anybody know?

knives out
Old 01-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #430
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Unvote JEHeinze
Vote Finkest

why?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #431
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
why?

I wanna make it close
Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #432
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
what would happen if all of the department were eliminated before any wolves got voted off? Does anybody know?

I think nothing.. I think that the wolf teams would have to eliminate the other team still to win, not sure what it would be like though for the time left in the game, would be crazy to watch I am sure.. I highly doubt that is going to happen.. we figure what? 6 or 7 wolves in the game (including the fish)? meaning they would have to eliminate 14 of us to get to that point .. I just don't see that happening.. Once the villagers got too low in numbers, I would imagine the wolves would focus on each other more.

On a different note, anyone else lagging horribly to FOFC? My wife accidentally knocked my laptop off of the table, and suddenly it is super slow to load anything here. I was afraid that it was my laptop but other sites seem fine.. Or is it just me?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #433
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I should be here on and off the rest of the night, in case I want to move my vote.. right now I don't really see a huge reason to though, I watched a huge run on Render followed by a huge run on Fink.. right now, it almost seems like both are wolves, and we're watching the opposite wolf teams try to position themselves to not lose their guy...

Either that or everyone just likes making huge runs. Hopefully the lynch will help tell us a few things and clue us in on where to look at for voting patterns.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #434
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I wanna make it close

I can understand that. It's why I voted for you yesterday!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #435
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking right now, if I was to move my vote, it would be to Lathum, he just is coming across really weird to me right now.. maybe its just nothing.. but moving my vote to Lathum would make it 5-4-3 so pretty pointless thus I won't bother.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #436
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think nothing.. I think that the wolf teams would have to eliminate the other team still to win, not sure what it would be like though for the time left in the game, would be crazy to watch I am sure.. I highly doubt that is going to happen.. we figure what? 6 or 7 wolves in the game (including the fish)? meaning they would have to eliminate 14 of us to get to that point .. I just don't see that happening.. Once the villagers got too low in numbers, I would imagine the wolves would focus on each other more.

On a different note, anyone else lagging horribly to FOFC? My wife accidentally knocked my laptop off of the table, and suddenly it is super slow to load anything here. I was afraid that it was my laptop but other sites seem fine.. Or is it just me?

That makes sense, I just am questioning our assumptions here. I'm having a hard time making sense of what I think the optimal wolf strategy would be.

My FOFC is working fine.

knives out
Old 01-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #437
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm thinking right now, if I was to move my vote, it would be to Lathum, he just is coming across really weird to me right now.. maybe its just nothing.. but moving my vote to Lathum would make it 5-4-3 so pretty pointless thus I won't bother.

what exactly am I doinfg that is weird?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #438
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That makes sense, I just am questioning our assumptions here. I'm having a hard time making sense of what I think the optimal wolf strategy would be.

My FOFC is working fine.

That is something that I have been trying to work out as well since day 1 when I discussed it some. The more I think about it, the more I think that a wolf is going to try to leave hints on who might be a wolf if they are going down anyways.. that way for them its a 1 - 1 swap off if nothing else. So reverse that and the wolves will be trying to avoid leading a trail back to them.. once we get a wolf, if they pushed hard for that wolf, the bullseye is right on their back. So it kind of is a dance of sorts... I think if things end up close though, and they can knock out one of the opposing wolves, they will do so.. which is why I am interested in watching how this lynch turns out.. If we end up getting a wolf, it will be interesting to see who helped make it possible.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #439
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

What if a wolf is going down and decides to out all the other wolves that isn't in his group? Then we get a pissing battle going back and forth.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #440
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I actually was thinking you abandoned your earlier line of thinking in a way that just jumped out at me that you were trying to save Render.. but I went back and looked between my posts and Fink was on your previous list of people you are targeting so perhaps I was a bit hasty there.. I still am uneasy about you from yesterday's close vote and you narrowly escaping .. perhaps that is just bad taste from too many times where you fooled us pretty badly though. So I take it back a bit what I was thinking earlier...

However if Render ends up being a wolf, I think I will look strongly in your direction after playing a key part in both day 1 and day 2 the way you have.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #441
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What if a wolf is going down and decides to out all the other wolves that isn't in his group? Then we get a pissing battle going back and forth.

The way that I read this:

Quote:
Neither wolf faction is allowed to reveal the names of any other wolf, whether in their own group or in the enemy wolf group. I will be the judge of what is considered revealing the names of other wolves, so if you have a question about a potential post you are considering, please PM me or email me at [email protected] (when I am at work).

makes me think that something like that is pretty frowned upon.. I am guessing that Chief won't be happy with anyone doing that. I think we'll have to rely on who a wolf voted for and who voted for them (as well as who pushed for them) to try to determine where the sides fall.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #442
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, yes. That's clear enough! I guess we won't be seeing that happen. lol
Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #443
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't think I 100% agree with that. If I'm a wolf, and I'm going down, and I do something that points to a wolf on the other team ... then that team, the next day, does the same thing... it could unravel very quickly for the wolves. I think the wolves almost have to have an unofficial detente in these early days, until they have voted off enough villagers.

knives out
Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #444
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh come on now, your name IS Lathum.....sheesh.

and as for defending myself with more piss and vinegar, its never helped save my ass in the past so why bother getting al wound up?

I am not a wolf, I am not a roled cubicle denizen, so firing me doesn't hurt us, but in the long run, it is a mistake. Please move your votes to a more promising candidate. I implore you. I need my job. Really. I mean it. honest.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #445
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

It's in the rules they aren't allowed to
Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #446
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

when you are proved to be a wolf I say you do it. make it easier for me

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #447
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so no one coments on cronins statment? he doesnt want us to figgure out hes a wolf??????????????????????????????

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #448
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
so no one coments on cronins statment? he doesnt want us to figgure out hes a wolf??????????????????????????????

As much as I appreciate the fact that Cronin is a wolf, even when he's not, his post doesn't really do much to prove anything, its a well worded statement offering up a scenario for us to discuss.

On the other hand I won't shed a tear if we decide to fire him instead of me.

Honest.

Can I have my stapler?
Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #449
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

Nothing to stop you from commenting on it.

knives out
Old 01-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #450
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Nothing to stop you from commenting on it.

*pats down a stray bit of fur on Cronin's ears*

Isn't that what he just did?