Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #401
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Claph, looking at the voting trends. Even if it weren't me, I'm still surprised at RendeR and Pass bringing in a third candidate. Especially, as Alan has said, when neither Mccollins or Eagle has voted yet. This is almost identical to what Hoops and I tried to engineer in the previous game by bringing in St. Cronin. IF two wolves are up, how do you take the heat off them? You've got to get a third party.

Now that one of the people I'm curious about has voted for me, I'll throw his name and the other out there. Racer and Axxon will need some attention. The "clever" line pinged me earlier and it might be nothing, but was odd nonetheless.

(Apologies to Telle for mentioning a prior game here-- it's a pet peeve of mine, too) I think that bringing in three candidates helped us a lot in the lolcat game. Reading Day 1 of that game again, I didn't see much 'engineering' of a run on cronin by you guys. There were a couple early villager votes, then KWhit. Then you guys for self-defense. If any engineering was done, I still blame heinz for that (no worries heinz -- if you want to get me back, you can talk about how during Day 2 I thought PB was the Fool, and hoops was the Seer). Anyway, in that game, PB, your vote on cronin was pretty telling later in the game.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #402
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Every time Mccollins or Eaglefan get close to being in trouble, suddenly someone else shows up to help bump PurdueBrad higher.

This post struck me as odd. It was post 288, yet a vote for PB was made in post 286, then the vote after it was for mccollins -- seemed like if anything, attempts were made to save PB. Maybe it was a "you had to be there" kinda thing, and Alan was talking more about what happened before. I'll look into that later.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #403
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Everyone voted didn't they?

I meant for tonight's lynch.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #404
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm assuming this vote won't count as the night results are yet to process but I'll still try and get a vote in. As much as I want to vote for myself here, I will resist because that's throwing in the towel a bit too much for me.

vote RendeR

Same reasons as I said look at him from yesterday as I'm not sold on the idea of putting up a third candidate still but frankly wtf do I know. Out till Sunday evening.

If my vote doesn't count, lynch me for not voting.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #405
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
This post struck me as odd. It was post 288, yet a vote for PB was made in post 286, then the vote after it was for mccollins -- seemed like if anything, attempts were made to save PB. Maybe it was a "you had to be there" kinda thing, and Alan was talking more about what happened before. I'll look into that later.

Perhaps it was perspective from sitting there watching the entire time, but I saw several runs out of the blue that pushed PB from 2 back to 1 ahead of multiple candidates multiple times for no real good reason. It felt fabricated then for the reasons I mentioned previously.

After the first run on PB, I had decided that out of the three PB seemed least likely to be a wolf based on how easy it was for others to dump on him like that. Maybe I just made a poor read there, but I just didn't see any reason for so many people to jump around to try to save people on a day 1 vote.. There isn't really any good reason for that.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #406
Telle
College Starter

Is it just me or does PurdueBrad seem pretty eager to get lynched? What type of wolf is it that can take out another player when they're lynched? Or maybe he has some sort of Duke ability that he wants to prove?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #407
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Quote:
I'm assuming this vote won't count as the night results are yet to process but I'll still try and get a vote in. As much as I want to vote for myself here, I will resist because that's throwing in the towel a bit too much for me.

vote RendeR

Same reasons as I said look at him from yesterday as I'm not sold on the idea of putting up a third candidate still but frankly wtf do I know. Out till Sunday evening.

I still don't understand. You said you are going to vote for the person who hasn't voted, then say you meant for tonight's lynch , when none of us had voted yet.. then vote for Render.. Does this mean you know Render isnt voting tonight for some reason? Or am I just completely clueless about what you are talking about here?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #408
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, IF my vote doesn't count because it is still the night phase, then I will not have voted. Therefore, vote for me.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #409
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Is it just me or does PurdueBrad seem pretty eager to get lynched? What type of wolf is it that can take out another player when they're lynched? Or maybe he has some sort of Duke ability that he wants to prove?

Negative Telle, read the end of the simple game and it should be obvious, I'm pretty disillusioned by my own play.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #410
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, re-read through to try to make sense of what you are saying...

Quote:
I'm going to be leaving in about an hour for the weekend (in-laws for father's day weekend) so I'll have a vote in. Right now I'm pretty sure most of you can tell who I most want to vote for.

I assumed you wanted to vote for Render for trying to get you lynched yesterday and campaigning for it?

Quote:
Good call, likely leaving then without voting. I would probably then vote for the person that didn't put in a vote.

Then here I don't understand what you mean.. You probably then vote for the person who didn't put in a vote.. Since we only had one vote, yesterday and everyone voted I don't follow this so asked about that..

Quote:

This only further confuses me... You meant for tonight's lynch someone who didn't put in a vote? No one has yet..

Quote:

vote RendeR

So I'm more confused now than before. I think I need to drink more.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #411
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Now I'm out for the weekend before my wife kills me too.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #412
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post

It's usually called a brutal wolf or some such. I can't decide if I like your explanation or he's just bummed about the other game (which I didn't read either so I'm in agreement with you on the confusion).
Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #413
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, IF my vote doesn't count because it is still the night phase, then I will not have voted. Therefore, vote for me.

Ahh ok.. You mean you wanted everyone else to vote for the person who didnt vote today (you?) Why not just see if Schmidty will take a conditional order? I would assume since it is not your fault that today is only going to be like 7 hours long or less on a Friday that you can't be around. Drop him a PM and see if he'll take a conditional vote.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #414
Telle
College Starter

Alan, I think he meant that IF he was around for the vote tonight he would most likely vote for someone who hadn't put in a vote by later tonight. But since he won't be around tonight he doesn't know who might not have a vote in and thus he is choosing to vote for RendeR.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #415
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
It's usually called a brutal wolf or some such. I can't decide if I like your explanation or he's just bummed about the other game (which I didn't read either so I'm in agreement with you on the confusion).

I read the other game. I think he is just down on himself, and a few people took his play a bit hard so he probably feels down about it and not enjoying that. (Many of us have been there many times before).

I think he just is only halfway going through the motions today personally.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #416
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, one last post:

Alan, basically I'm saying vote for me. Since my vote won't likely count because night actions are still processing, I'm saying to people vote for the person who won't have voted tonight (me).

I am voting for RendeR rather than myself because I don't quite want to throw in the towel that easily. And as I said, I'm still not sold on the third party option on day one.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #417
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I read the other game. I think he is just down on himself, and a few people took his play a bit hard so he probably feels down about it and not enjoying that. (Many of us have been there many times before).

I think he just is only halfway going through the motions today personally.

No sarcasm meant here, but you're dead on with this post. Have a good weekend and fathers, happy father's day.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #418
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Alright, before I get totally engrossed in the game I'll introduce myself a bit! No, I'm not from Michigan, originally I'm from California. I think that I'm officially a Washingtonian though since I've been here for pretty much the last 20 years.
I work full time in a photo lab and photography would be one of my biggest hobbies. I'm stubborn as hell as I'm sure some of you already know (ha!) but am also pretty upbeat (I sound like I"m filling out a personal add!).

Oh ya, and I'm "hawt", but not "flat!"

Now...back to reading and trying to figure out who to send packin'!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #419
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, you made a bad call at the end of the other game. It happens to just about all of us who have played a few games. It sucks. It is probably magnified by the fact that you are playing in this game at the same time, with some of the same folks from that other game.

That said, you aren't doing your teammates (villagers or wolves) any favors by playing with a "woe is me, I'm an idiot" attitude. Frankly, you are better than you played yesterday and so far today.

Assuming you are still around on Monday, I'm hoping to see you back to yourself from a werewolf perspective. That's it, lecture over.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #420
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
PB, you made a bad call at the end of the other game. It happens to just about all of us who have played a few games. It sucks. It is probably magnified by the fact that you are playing in this game at the same time, with some of the same folks from that other game.

That said, you aren't doing your teammates (villagers or wolves) any favors by playing with a "woe is me, I'm an idiot" attitude. Frankly, you are better than you played yesterday and so far today.

Assuming you are still around on Monday, I'm hoping to see you back to yourself from a werewolf perspective. That's it, lecture over.

I can't really add much to this. God knows it's easy to make shitty calls in this game, but you've got to play aggressively, so it's going to happen.

Just ask anyone who's been the target of one of my mistaken fixations lately. Lathum for example.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #421
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not to be anal, but can we stop talking about what happened in other games? I don't want my judgement on someone to be clouded by a move made in another game unless it is demonstrating a pattern which appears in this game.

It's not as much the talk of other games but what looks to be an attempt to condemn a person in this game for something done in another. That whole things seems awfully 'wolfish' if you ask me.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #422
RendeR
Coordinator

you're all wolves. I don't trust any of yas.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #423
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Not to be anal, but can we stop talking about what happened in other games? I don't want my judgement on someone to be clouded by a move made in another game unless it is demonstrating a pattern which appears in this game.

It's not as much the talk of other games but what looks to be an attempt to condemn a person in this game for something done in another. That whole things seems awfully 'wolfish' if you ask me.

I disagree with the majority of your comment here. I can respect the wishes of people not wanting to relive games that they did not participate within here, but I think it is a complete mistake to overlook someone's playstyle or behavior in past games within this one.

Perhaps one of the reasons I was stronger in encouraging a vote for you over PurdueBrad yesterday was because of past interactions. Nothing to slight you or your ability or my past experiences playing with you, but in my past two games with PurdueBrad, I voted him day 1 both times.. One game he was a duke, one game he was a wolf.. And his behavior yesterday seemed completely different than either of those previous occurances.

Maybe he fooled me yesterday some, I don't know.. it is not too hard to fool someone on day 1, but I felt it worth not going his way yesterday because of how he played it and how others played pushing the vote to him. Will it by him a pass for multiple days? Of course not.. but a day 1 vote is different than the rest of the game.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #424
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, taking off from work myself. I'll check in a bit later this afternoon to see if results have been posted.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #425
The Jackal
Coordinator

I've already made my thoughts clear on this issue. There are a few decent candidates bumping around here but let's see what happens at night.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #426
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl! He let me into his "man place" haha I'm restricted to WW which is ok with me...for now lol Not so sure I really want to see how he talks on here
Do you ever play WW? Seems fun so far, it amazes me how much is read into everything everyone says...I'm sure as it goes I'll find that I have to do that too! For now I'm content to
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #427
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Mrs. Schmidty is on. Any info on when your husband might post the night action write-up?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #428
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Mrs. Schmidty is on. Any info on when your husband might post the night action write-up?

I'll see what I can find out
Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #429
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Ok, he siad he didn't get everyone's night actions in time to post it before he passed out, but he said that he'll have it posted by 12:30 (he's currently practically comatose). He also said if everyone wants he would let us have a long weekend if needed, think he meant a long daytime to hash things out.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #430
The Jackal
Coordinator

Either way works for me, I'm on during the weekend.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #431
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Either way works for me, I'm on during the weekend.

yeah. Doesn't make a difference for me either. I'm okay with both.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #432
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fine with either as well.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #433
path12
Coordinator

I'm gone this weekend except for a possible peek in here and there, so a long day would be fine as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #434
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I disagree with the majority of your comment here. I can respect the wishes of people not wanting to relive games that they did not participate within here, but I think it is a complete mistake to overlook someone's playstyle or behavior in past games within this one.

Perhaps one of the reasons I was stronger in encouraging a vote for you over PurdueBrad yesterday was because of past interactions. Nothing to slight you or your ability or my past experiences playing with you, but in my past two games with PurdueBrad, I voted him day 1 both times.. One game he was a duke, one game he was a wolf.. And his behavior yesterday seemed completely different than either of those previous occurances.

Maybe he fooled me yesterday some, I don't know.. it is not too hard to fool someone on day 1, but I felt it worth not going his way yesterday because of how he played it and how others played pushing the vote to him. Will it by him a pass for multiple days? Of course not.. but a day 1 vote is different than the rest of the game.

Not talking about commenting on someone's play style in general but it seemed that PB must have made a mistaken play and that he was getting hammered about it (maybe I'm misreading it). I'm all for using past playing styles as something to judge by but when it seems to become bitterness over a bad play it does not do anyone any good in this game.

I don't want to see PB get wrongly rung up because of negative comments based on a bad play (I keep using that phrase but perceived bad play may be the best phrase as I have no knowledge of that play).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #435
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm fine with a long day, I'll be very busy this weekend and won't be around much anyway.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #436
henry296
College Starter

Either is fine for me personally, but I think the long day makes sense for the group.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #437
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm also okay with whatever is good for everyone else.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #438
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm out for a while. I'll be off and on over the weekend, butI don't know how much as I have quite a few family commitments.

Later.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #439
Axxon
Pro Starter

Checking in and also good with whatever we decide to do.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #440
Schmidty
Coordinator

I finally woke up. Really tired. Will have results ASAP.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #441
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Popping in to see the night results.. but looks like Schmidty got held up or something. I'm heading out to go out for a while. I'm guessing that I'll be back at some point tonight before bed.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #442
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm about to leave work. I'm assuming we're not going to have a deadline tonight, but in case we are, fair warning that I probably won't be back in time to make a vote.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #443
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

I agree hoops... that is so Dodgerchick
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #444
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay this is weird Schmidty said he would have the results almost an hour ago...
Old 06-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #445
Schmidty
Coordinator

PMs are all out. Posting results right now. I had to eat, since I hadn't done so in quite a while.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #446
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I live!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #447
Schmidty
Coordinator

Daybreak comes as the darkness coming from the windows turns a slightly lighter shade of gray. You all get up, to take stock of what had gone on during the night which seemed to last forever. Someone gets up to look out the window, but trips over something - The dead body of The Jackal!!

After searching his things, you find a few medical review books, and a small first aid kit in his backpack.

The Jackal was The Pre-Med Student!!

Last edited by Schmidty : 06-13-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #448
hoopsguy
General Manager

So they got one of the eight listed roles, but we don't really know what pre-med does. I had seen that play as a bodyguard type (keep a person alive if attacked) in some of the earlier games and was worried that we had lost that role. But it appears that the BG = martial arts.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #449
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well I guess the bright side of Jackal's death is that he was a mere pre - med student. Doesn't look like he had a very vital role for us villagers.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #450
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

The Jackal put a very late vote on EF... do you think that means anything?