Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #151
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I blocked blocked the attack last night. I protected BK figuring the wolves would go after a known CoT and I blocked Path's attempt on the King's life. We have a wolf in our sights now, unfortunately we had him lined up for the lynch yesterday. Better late than never at least.
You have provided a service to crown and country.

Vote path
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #152
KWhit
Coordinator

I think BK loves the thought of being King, so he revealed as early as possible so he could relish is his lordship over all of you for as long as he can.

*thumbs nose at king and runs away*
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #153
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sounds good to me (conditionally). Would be foolish somewhat to fake that in a game so small, but if this is a wolf (EF) pulling a fast one, we'll know one way or another

VOTE PATH12
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #154
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I think BK loves the thought of being King, so he revealed as early as possible so he could relish is his lordship over all of you for as long as he can.

*thumbs nose at king and runs away*
We have no comment on that except this:
Quote:
By order of his Royal Highness King Henry the VII

Upon his capture
For Crimes Against the Crown
KWHIT
Shall be beheaded in a public square
Old 07-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #155
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote Path12

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #156
Telle
College Starter

Anyone up for nightfall? If the wolves can get their night action in quick enough perhaps we can knock out two days in one. (which I'm interested in because I will be away for an extended weekend and am worried that this game will still be going then)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

alan - nightfall allowed?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #158
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Anyone up for nightfall? If the wolves can get their night action in quick enough perhaps we can knock out two days in one. (which I'm interested in because I will be away for an extended weekend and am worried that this game will still be going then)

In a small game, I require nightfall votes from everyone, including the person on the lynch block.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #159
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Nice work EF.

now whos vote yesterday made it look like they were trying to save Path?

ennie, meenie, mynie, LATHUM!!

VOTE TELLE
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #160
Barkeep49
Coordinator

path hasn't even gotten up yet. He deserves some chance to defend himself.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #161
Barkeep49
Coordinator

BTW if path is a bad guy this will be the second game of Alan's where he's gotten busted early when I have a duke type role.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #162
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Nice work EF.

now whos vote yesterday made it look like they were trying to save Path?

ennie, meenie, mynie, LATHUM!!

VOTE TELLE

You really think I should have put a third vote on someone when nobody else had two? And on a Day 1 when we had no info to go on as to who was who? And this coming from the person who put the third vote on olie.. multiple times.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #163
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
path hasn't even gotten up yet. He deserves some chance to defend himself.

Yeah I figured we'd wait for everyone to have a chance to get in the thread, especially path. Was just hoping it would happen soon
Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #164
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm going to toss a second vote out there rather than expanding the field of choices more.

VOTE OLIEGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
thanks all. now i can really consider other job opportunities that would pay better, if i so desire.

when in doubt, it's always a safe way to start to:

VOTE LATHUM

*this vote subject to change, and is simply a D1 random vote

these are the 2 votes that stand out to me.

Telle tied things up by voting olie, then DT throws me into the mix instead of choosing one of the candidates with 2 votes already.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #165
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, was waiting for a meeting to start when I frantically was typing my good news. Unfortunately our VP walked in so I had to hit submit and close the browser quite quickly. Now I can officially.

vote Path
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 AM   #166
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
these are the 2 votes that stand out to me.

Telle tied things up by voting olie, then DT throws me into the mix instead of choosing one of the candidates with 2 votes already.

If anything it looks like you're the one trying to save path. You're grasping at straws like there's no tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lathum - i threw another candidate into the mix because as i always say, it's best to try to get people talking and defending themselves on D1. As for why I didn't move my vote - since BK announced that he was going to duke the vote, I frankly didn't see any reason to.

i presume that with BK outed, you would have been the most likely seer target last night, so unless we hear results of that, I am moving forward assuming you are good (or perhaps potentially the traitor). and if you are good, we are on the same side.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #168
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
lathum - i threw another candidate into the mix because as i always say, it's best to try to get people talking and defending themselves on D1. As for why I didn't move my vote - since BK announced that he was going to duke the vote, I frankly didn't see any reason to.

i presume that with BK outed, you would have been the most likely seer target last night, so unless we hear results of that, I am moving forward assuming you are good (or perhaps potentially the traitor). and if you are good, we are on the same side.

The traitor role is what I'm worried about. He could throw around confusion and doubt and know that a scan will show him as good.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #169
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If anything it looks like you're the one trying to save path. You're grasping at straws like there's no tomorrow.

I have no need to grasp at straws. We have a lynch candidate today and a whole night phase to go.

I am just pointing out what I perceive as suspiscous behavior, which is what WW is all about.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #170
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I have no need to grasp at straws. We have a lynch candidate today and a whole night phase to go.

I am just pointing out what I perceive as suspiscous behavior, which is what WW is all about.

It just seems like what you perceive as suspicious behavior is beyond nit-picky.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #171
st.cronin
General Manager

It is a bit curious that the wolves targeted Barkeep.

- they knew he wasn't the seer
- his role was likely one time use only, and had already been used
- as the most trusted player, he was the most likely to be protected

This is not to say I don't believe EagleFan, I am just a bit puzzled by the wolves decision.

knives out
Old 07-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

your day 1 vote also added a fith candidate to the voting mix, not a great strategy for day 1.

and the concept of forcing someone todefend themselves on day 1 is silly IMO. How do you defend your self day 1 other then being forced to reveal, which is not ideal.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #173
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It just seems like what you perceive as suspicious behavior is beyond nit-picky.

what can I say, there really isn't much to go by on day 1 and in a small game you don't have as much wiggle room.

I would rather get some usefull discussion started on a day where it is obvious we are going to have a run away.

Sorry I am being nit-picky. I'll bow out of the thread now so I don't annoy anyone.

VOTE NIGHTFALL

see you tomorrow
Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #174
Telle
College Starter

Oh I didn't mean to chase you out of the thread, Lathum!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #175
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I blocked blocked the attack last night. I protected BK figuring the wolves would go after a known CoT and I blocked Path's attempt on the King's life. We have a wolf in our sights now, unfortunately we had him lined up for the lynch yesterday. Better late than never at least.

Ah, the East Coast pre-emptive excuse. You know I saw you and so you want to blame me.

I am the bodyguard. I guarded myself last night because I had to hint a couple times that I had a role, and figured that since BK had used his duke last night he might not be the main target.

I was correct. I was attacked by Eaglefan and fought him off. Eaglefan is a heretic.

VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #176
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

D1 I like to force conversation, get people talking, maybe have them slip up, or commit to statements or interaction with other players. try to get everyone engaged in the game. that is more what i meant.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #177
laxjunkie62
n00b

Well good work with the bodyguard last night, and I guess that makes the voting today pretty easy, so ill go ahead and do that now...

VOTE PATH12

and making sure that I understand what nightfall is, we alll vote for it and the day ends sooner than planned and we get to move on faster, if this is the case i think it is something that should be done, as we are all jumping on path, and we wont have any voting patterns to hunt out the wolves.

VOTE NIGHTFALL

--laxjunkie62l
laxjunkie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #178
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Ah, the East Coast pre-emptive excuse. You know I saw you and so you want to blame me.

I am the bodyguard. I guarded myself last night because I had to hint a couple times that I had a role, and figured that since BK had used his duke last night he might not be the main target.

I was correct. I was attacked by Eaglefan and fought him off. Eaglefan is a heretic.

VOTE EAGLEFAN

dola, well i guess we have something to discuss now
laxjunkie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #179
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
How about this -- I can absolutely agree with Olie's first and third statements. So why don't we get those votes somewhere else, OK?

This is the hint I was talking about. I would have revealed but since Barkeep said he was going to duke I decided not to.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #180
path12
Coordinator

Really, shouldn't nightfall votes wait until you hear both sides?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #181
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ooooh...interesting
Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #182
Telle
College Starter

Now there's a twist.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #183
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
It is a bit curious that the wolves targeted Barkeep.

- they knew he wasn't the seer
- his role was likely one time use only, and had already been used
- as the most trusted player, he was the most likely to be protected

This is not to say I don't believe EagleFan, I am just a bit puzzled by the wolves decision.

He has to say he was protecting Barkeep, because otherwise there is no reason for him to have been a target.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #184
st.cronin
General Manager

I may regret this, but I think I believe path.

unvote path12
vote EagleFan

knives out
Old 07-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #185
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i did sort of see your hints path - i noticed them and hmm'd to myself over them last night, i will say that.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #186
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

don't regret too much cronin - i am still undecided - the targeting of BK is odd, and i did sort of see some hintish type statements by path.

then again, path and you could both be wolves/be a wolf+traitor and trying to wriggle out of this (devil's advocate POV)
Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #187
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
don't regret too much cronin - i am still undecided - the targeting of BK is odd, and i did sort of see some hintish type statements by path.

then again, path and you could both be wolves/be a wolf+traitor and trying to wriggle out of this (devil's advocate POV)

I think it's pretty clear, but I have the benefit of knowing what happened of course. But I say that if you put these things together:

--my hints at a role after getting votes yesterday.
--flat out asking Barkeep if he was duking an hour before deadline (to make sure a reveal wasn't necessary)
--the non-optimal choice of guarding Barkeep in Eaglefans story.
--the pre-emptive finger point before the other person can get on....it was quite clear from my PM that Eaglefan knew I saw him.

That it is pretty easy to see my side of the story.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #188
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i find your case to be strong young path. particularly the non-optimal choice of guarding BK and then having BK be the choice of a wolf attack (also non-optimal on the part of the wolves).

it also puts Telle's push for a nightfall vote in a curious light, should EF prove to be the wolf in this case, i must say. not entirely indefensible, but certainly something that should be remembered later on in the game if one looks in her direction...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #189
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i saw your hints and your asking BK if he was going to duke too Path. In fact, IIRC when I saw your hintish type statements I made note of them mentally, and was worried that maybe they were a bit too much.

then again, you are a crafty one, you could have been setting us up just in case (sorry but i always have a devil's advocate side)
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #190
Telle
College Starter

Hmmm.. Well, it isn't exactly unheard of for a wolf to pre-emptively hint so as to be prepared for a fake reveal. Also, if you think that Barkeep is a bad choice to guard then wouldn't you also think that he's a bad choice to pretend to guard?

At this point I'm still inclined to lynch path. But if he comes up good then we take care of EagleFan tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #191
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Hmmm.. Well, it isn't exactly unheard of for a wolf to pre-emptively hint so as to be prepared for a fake reveal. Also, if you think that Barkeep is a bad choice to guard then wouldn't you also think that he's a bad choice to pretend to guard?

At this point I'm still inclined to lynch path. But if he comes up good then we take care of EagleFan tomorrow.

If I hadn't had to hint at a role, I might have guarded Barkeep being how he was the only cleared person -- but usually if I'm bodyguard I protect myself the first night just to get a better feel of the game........and especially if I think I've put any kind of target on myself.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #192
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
i find your case to be strong young path. particularly the non-optimal choice of guarding BK and then having BK be the choice of a wolf attack (also non-optimal on the part of the wolves).

it also puts Telle's push for a nightfall vote in a curious light, should EF prove to be the wolf in this case, i must say. not entirely indefensible, but certainly something that should be remembered later on in the game if one looks in her direction...

I wasn't pushing.. just tossing it out as an idea. Basically I'm going to be gone Thursday afternoon through Monday afternoon so I'm interested in having the game ending sooner rather than later so that I need fewer conditional votes put in.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #193
Barkeep49
Coordinator

We believe Sir path. There was just no reason to attack his majesty yesterday and we had indeed picked up hints suggesting that path had a role, so it is not unreasonable for the heathen scum to have done the same. While this role could be that of reformer we find that path's story has more believable play.

Unvote path
Vote Eagle
Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #194
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
We believe Sir path. There was just no reason to attack his majesty yesterday and we had indeed picked up hints suggesting that path had a role, so it is not unreasonable for the heathen scum to have done the same. While this role could be that of reformer we find that path's story has more believable play.

Unvote path
Vote Eagle

Your wisdom continues to awe your humble servant, Your Majesty. *bows*
Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #195
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nice try by Path to wiggle out of this one. I guarded BK figuring he was the only person in the CoT at this point so he would be a known commodity to go after. Apparantly Path felt the same way and is now trying to muddy the waters.

Believe Path if you like but if you lynch me you are lynching your body guard which is just what Path wants at this point.

Odd decision by the King though. Why believe someone claiming to be your "loyal" subject and their excuse is that they left you flapping in the wind. That's no way to treat the King.

This loyal subject guarded his king AND caught the culpret red handed attempting to assasinate the king.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #196
henry296
College Starter

path12, the only issue with your logic is that if it was that obvious why would the wolves attack you, wouldn't they pick someone else like the King. For now, I believe EagleFan.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #197
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
path12, the only issue with your logic is that if it was that obvious why would the wolves attack you, wouldn't they pick someone else like the King. For now, I believe EagleFan.

Sir Henry, I never said it was obvious that I would be attacked. As for the King, he already demonstrated his power -- please tell me what danger he is for the heretics after that? Surely, one who hinted at a role -- which must either be bodyguard or seer -- would be a better target than someone who is no longer a threat, no?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #198
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice try by Path to wiggle out of this one. I guarded BK figuring he was the only person in the CoT at this point so he would be a known commodity to go after. Apparantly Path felt the same way and is now trying to muddy the waters.

Believe Path if you like but if you lynch me you are lynching your body guard which is just what Path wants at this point.

Odd decision by the King though. Why believe someone claiming to be your "loyal" subject and their excuse is that they left you flapping in the wind. That's no way to treat the King.

This loyal subject guarded his king AND caught the culpret red handed attempting to assasinate the king.

Blasphemer! Heretic! REFORMER!!

I stand by my story. If I must be sacrificed to have justice come to this scoundrel, then so be it.

But remember well -- our numbers are few against this enemy. We do not have luxury of very many mistaken lynches.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unvote Path
vote Eaglesfan
Old 07-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #200
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

unvote path