Grizzled Veteran

In.

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
I'll play, if you don't mind a rookie joining in...

Martin

Hola!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #53
Danny
Head Coach

Welcome MartinD! Glad to have you playing. I remember seeing your name frequently under users browsing the RPG game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #54
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm getting excited to play in this one.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #55
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

We need atleast two more players. Twenty+ is a good solid number for a game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #56
The Jackal
Coordinator

Greedy bastard. Should we offer swinglines as incentive?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #57
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
Nope, I've only brought the backwards squirrel over at the moment, although I've linked here in our Mafia/Werewolf subforum. Hoping for more, but we'll see.

That's cool. What forum was that from? Getting new players here is always a great thing.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #58
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Welcome MartinD! Glad to have you playing. I remember seeing your name frequently under users browsing the RPG game.

There was a lot of reading in that thread...

Martin
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #59
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That's cool. What forum was that from? Getting new players here is always a great thing.

Blindsideblitz.com is my usual haunt. I go by JoeKnows over there. It's a smaller community, but it's pretty tight-knit. Our Mafia/Werewolf group is about 13-15 people total, and I've been importing ideas from over here as of late. For example, our last game was the first we had a "duke" role, and the next game I'm running, which starts Monday, we're going with an Alpha Wolf role, with the Alpha selecting the other wolves.

BlueBomberDude used to run our games, a name that may be familiar with a few of you, as he also showed me the totalsportsworld.net games. Checking through those games is where I discovered (well, re-discovered) this place.

Last edited by USFLTecmo : 04-04-2009 at 08:59 AM.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Blindsideblitz.com is my usual haunt. I go by JoeKnows over there. It's a smaller community, but it's pretty tight-knit. Our Mafia/Werewolf group is about 13-15 people total, and I've been importing ideas from over here as of late. For example, our last game was the first we had a "duke" role, and the next game I'm running, which starts Monday, we're going with an Alpha Wolf role, with the Alpha selecting the other wolves.

BlueBomberDude used to run our games, a name that may be familiar with a few of you, as he also showed me the totalsportsworld.net games. Checking through those games is where I discovered (well, re-discovered) this place.

Oh, yeah I remember BlueBomberDude, he was in one of my BBCF leagues for a while. (He may still be in one with me, I don't remember!)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #61
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh, yeah I remember BlueBomberDude, he was in one of my BBCF leagues for a while. (He may still be in one with me, I don't remember!)

Yeah, he played in a few of our leagues at BSB too. Good personal friend as well. He's doing fine, just busy with his work and family.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #62
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
and I've been importing ideas from over here as of late. For example, our last game was the first we had a "duke" role, and the next game I'm running, which starts Monday, we're going with an Alpha Wolf role, with the Alpha selecting the other wolves.

I find this odd on so many levels.

not a bad thing, just, odd.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #63
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I find this odd on so many levels.

not a bad thing, just, odd.

I suppose it comes off that way, but consider that our community as a whole is around 50 or so people that check regularly, with regular posters being less than that. That doesn't give us a big pool of new people that might want to start playing with us, so we're in the position of needing to keep things new and interesting to keep a decent amount of players in the game. We just revived the game after a year's hiatus because of lack of interest, and there'll probably be other times when we just can't drum up interest in another game for quite some time.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #64
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I suppose it comes off that way, but consider that our community as a whole is around 50 or so people that check regularly, with regular posters being less than that. That doesn't give us a big pool of new people that might want to start playing with us, so we're in the position of needing to keep things new and interesting to keep a decent amount of players in the game. We just revived the game after a year's hiatus because of lack of interest, and there'll probably be other times when we just can't drum up interest in another game for quite some time.

yeah, we have had that problem at times, although I think one of our problems is people try to make game to complex at times.

A few new people coming over right now is perfect timing since we have had some lags of late. For a while we were running 2 games at a time.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #65
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
We need atleast two more players. Twenty+ is a good solid number for a game.
I actually think 18 is the right #.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #66
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah, we have had that problem at times, although I think one of our problems is people try to make game to complex at times.

A few new people coming over right now is perfect timing since we have had some lags of late. For a while we were running 2 games at a time.
I think the super complex games are a mixed blessing. I think for a lot of people they would list some complex game as their favorite, but I also think it creates WW fatigue.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #67
The Jackal
Coordinator

Nice, I haven't seen or conversed with BBD in a long time. Good to hear he's doing well.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #68
Schmidty
Coordinator

BK's back!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #69
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
BK's back!
And his front too!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #70
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll tell you what I'd do with a million dollars...two chicks at once.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #71
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

Wrong thread?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #72
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

TWO CHICKS AT THE SAME TIME, MAN
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:30 AM   #73
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Good evening Sir, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:59 AM   #74
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Steve, do you know any crack dealers who may be able to launder some money for me?

Just studied up last night! and the fax machine never fails to entertain me!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #75
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Is this starting tomorrow? Just wondering when to be sure to check in to see my PM.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #76
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Is this starting tomorrow? Just wondering when to be sure to check in to see my PM.

Going to get the PM's out in the morning.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #77
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Since the morning is shaping up to be a little crazier than I had firs thought, I am going to send out the roles shortly and get this kicked off. The first phases will be Monday night as planned but this will add a little more time for everyone to begin posting, for those who wish to begin tonight.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #78
Danny
Head Coach

Just in time, I got home and want my role already!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #79
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Roles decided upon, PM's about to go out, everyone will get one. Then I will post the official start of the game.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #80
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Roles decided upon, PM's about to go out, everyone will get one. Then I will post the official start of the game.

Glad to see this. Much easier for me to get into it now, then to have to check in from work and post extremely sporadically.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lo all

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #82
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Let's get this party started.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #83
Danny
Head Coach

We have 18 players, I think that might be borderline between 4 and 5 wolves. Since there is a possible convert, I'm thinking 5 starting wolves would be too many. 3 is a possibility I would guess since one wolf is a brutal and one is a cunning, but four is probably most likely.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #84
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The clock ticks in slow motion. What seems like hours, days even, has been just 5 minutes. Everyone frantically tries to get out of teh office but they cannot. You are trapped, the downsizing has begun.

"You've got mail"

Now what!!!!

There will be an office wide meeting at noon. This will not be a working lunch. We wil discuss the future of the company and the cuirrent "restucturing" of the office. Attendance is mandatory. You check your watches, you have 2 hours and 45 minutes left to worry about what ill be next, who will be next.

There has to be something that you can do and though two chicks at once is the idea that keeps popping into your head you know there must be something else.

A pre-emptive strike. You need to how them that you also mean business. You send out an office wide email, you will meet at 11:00 with the idea of discussing a little restructuring of your own. You don't know who is on the inside of this but someone is going to pay. You have an hour and 45 minutes left before that meeting to figure it out, to pick your first victim. You just know that it's going to feel more like 21 hours though, the day is just crawling.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #85
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game On
Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #86
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Key to the thread. For Storyline related posts it will be purple. For GM type posts it wioll be red.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #87
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The generic office worker PM looked like this (I don't want wording to be an issue in the game):

You are a run of the mill office worker. You win if the Insiders are eliminated.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #88
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, that looks a whole heck of a lot like my PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #89
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good to know that I can vouch for the moderator
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #90
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We have 18 players, I think that might be borderline between 4 and 5 wolves. Since there is a possible convert, I'm thinking 5 starting wolves would be too many. 3 is a possibility I would guess since one wolf is a brutal and one is a cunning, but four is probably most likely.

Going off the first page and knowing the movie, my guess is we are dealing with Lumbergh, two Bobs and Nina (4 wolves), plus the convert. It's a tough mix. That might actually be too many wolves (and potential wolves), but losing a wolf (three wolves and a convert) would probably be too little.

I figure we should assume worst case scenario until we have evidence otherwise.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #91
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

P.S. I'm an office worker, of course. Nothing else to see here. Nice to see my string of "wolfish" roles has come to an end (I think it was three in a row, outside of the Dungeon game).

Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #92
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Pass

lets kick this off!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #93
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Any reason why Pass? I mean, even if it's a BS Day One vote, it's uncool to not at least give a corresponding BS reason.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #94
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Any reason why Pass? I mean, even if it's a BS Day One vote, it's uncool to not at least give a corresponding BS reason.

why not?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #95
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
why not?

Heh...with the propensity for some of these fools to vote yer ass for just being in the game, you sure you want that to be your final answer?

Yeah, yeah, Day One, blah blah. I'm going to hold my Day One vote and see if anyone screws up.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #96
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Heh...with the propensity for some of these fools to vote yer ass for just being in the game, you sure you want that to be your final answer?

Yeah, yeah, Day One, blah blah. I'm going to hold my Day One vote and see if anyone screws up.

I have learned to live with it.

And I would hope based on the play I made last game people would realize I can be a valuable villager
Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #97
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have learned to live with it.

And I would hope based on the play I made last game people would realize I can be a valuable villager

Ah, but you see, they fear you more as a wolf than they do value as a villager. And it's not because you aren't a good villager, but because you're a great wolf.

Seriously, though, I'm just givin' you crap because no one else is around.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #98
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Ah, but you see, they fear you more as a wolf than they do value as a villager. And it's not because you aren't a good villager, but because you're a great wolf.

Seriously, though, I'm just givin' you crap because no one else is around.

At least you're not giving him the business.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #99
Danny
Head Coach

I was reading through the rules again and a reminder that a tie results in a no lynch.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #100
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was reading through the rules again and a reminder that a tie results in a no lynch.

Yup, noted that myself. At least this time it's stated instead of "method known only to the moderator" or whatever.