Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #201
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
based upon my own role description, it would make sense to me that the abilities are at least nebulously related to the characters, but since the alliegences are not related to the characters, a mass role reveal doesnt really do anything for us.

Somebody help me out with this. There are 4 characters listed in post 1 under the heading of "conspirator". Does this just mean that they were conspirators on the show and not necessarily in this game? I can see where anyone in CTU or in the government could really be a conspirator, but in this game, is it possible that people listed as conspirators could really be good?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #202
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Somebody help me out with this. There are 4 characters listed in post 1 under the heading of "conspirator". Does this just mean that they were conspirators on the show and not necessarily in this game? I can see where anyone in CTU or in the government could really be a conspirator, but in this game, is it possible that people listed as conspirators could really be good?

I doubt that any of the conspirators, should they be in the game, are anything other than bad.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #203
The Jackal
Coordinator

But there is certainly a chance that our mods gave one of those conspirator characters a different route to follow than what happened on the show, we'll see. Speculating on roles based on characters is something we probably won't get to for a while, unless everyone is just going to start shooting names off, which doesn't seem prudent at this point.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #204
Autumn
Head Coach

And I thought they said pretty clearly in the rules that Jack is the only character we can assume any allegiance about. That seemed pretty clearly to me to mean that the rest of us are randomized.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #205
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
And I thought they said pretty clearly in the rules that Jack is the only character we can assume any allegiance about. That seemed pretty clearly to me to mean that the rest of us are randomized.

Yes, that is true. I think that relates more to the wealth of good characters, though, that we can't assume all of them are good. It'd be weird if the 4 conspirators listed starting showing up claiming to be good guys.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #206
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I thought the same but then got confused by having the four characters listed as conspirators. So if some character has the ability to "see" that one of the players is Habib Marwan, we shouldn't assume that he is bad?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #207
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yes, that is true. I think that relates more to the wealth of good characters, though, that we can't assume all of them are good. It'd be weird if the 4 conspirators listed starting showing up claiming to be good guys.

Yeah, it could be weighted toward them I suppose. Iw as thinking of the Marvel game, where it clearly was very random, but then there we all had public roles so that was much more necessary. It might not be as random here.

I'm curious to see what effect having DT cleared and public will have. Hopefully that's combined with some sort of ability to build a CoT.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #208
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And I thought they said pretty clearly in the rules that Jack is the only character we can assume any allegiance about.

I don't see where it says that. It does say that he's the only public role, and the rest are private, but it doesn't say anything about him being the only one we can assume any allegiance about.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #209
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I don't see where it says that. It does say that he's the only public role, and the rest are private, but it doesn't say anything about him being the only one we can assume any allegiance about.

It says he's loyal to the government which means he's the only character we know the allegiance of, or should assume the allegiance of, which I think is what the point was.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #210
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it said that too.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #211
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
based upon my own role description, it would make sense to me that the abilities are at least nebulously related to the characters, but since the alliegences are not related to the characters, a mass role reveal doesnt really do anything for us.

I would agree with this. On both counts.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #212
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
It says he's loyal to the government which means he's the only character we know the allegiance of, or should assume the allegiance of, which I think is what the point was.

I suppose. It doesn't say NOT to assume it about anyone else, though. I guess that's all I was thinking.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

That section has been changed from "Foreigners/Conspirators" to "TV Show Villains" to avoid any confusion with the "Conspirators (aka wolves)" in this game.

The rules post does contain information on the relationship between "TV show persona" and "WW game persona". In nebulous language that we probably will not clarify further
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #214
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

That section has been changed from "Foreigners/Conspirators" to "TV Show Villains" to avoid any confusion with the "Conspirators (aka wolves)" in this game.

The rules post does contain information on the relationship between "TV show persona" and "WW game persona". In nebulous language that we probably will not clarify further

That's cool, now I know not to assume any absolutes. If I see a Habib Marwan come out in the game, I know I can be suspicious but shouldn't be absolutely sure he is bad. That gives me what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #215
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I suppose. It doesn't say NOT to assume it about anyone else, though. I guess that's all I was thinking.

I get the feeling people are making this too difficult.

The faction of the players, with the exception of Jack Bauer, is not predicated on the actions on the television show.

To me that reads that no matter whether a character was 'good' or 'bad' on the show, does not impact whether they are 'good' or 'bad' in this game. Kim Bauer might be the head of the Conspirators (maybe she'll be that in next season's 24 too), Habib Marwan might work for the Government for a pardon. Make up whatever backstory you want, but other than Jack, any other role is fair game for a good, neutral, or evil role.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #216
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
[color=red]Each character is assigned the name of a character from the television show. All characters have unique abilities. The faction of the players, with the exception of Jack Bauer, is not predicated on the actions on the television show.

This is what I was reading. It seems pretty clear to me that we can't assume anything. I assume the roles will mostly work out in terms of certain inter-character relationships, ways roles interact based on the TV show.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #217
Autumn
Head Coach

Hah, jinx.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #218
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

The faction of the players, with the exception of Jack Bauer, is not predicated on the actions on the television show.

To me that reads that no matter whether a character was 'good' or 'bad' on the show, does not impact whether they are 'good' or 'bad' in this game. Kim Bauer might be the head of the Conspirators (maybe she'll be that in next season's 24 too), Habib Marwan might work for the Government for a pardon. Make up whatever backstory you want, but other than Jack, any other role is fair game for a good, neutral, or evil role.

What I don't get, then, is why the wolves are given the names of the characters that are not in the game.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #219
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I hear you, I didn't totally get that myself. I guess it gives them a bit more flexibility as to what type of role they want to fake reveal as.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #220
Schmidty
Coordinator

So reading this, it seems my role reveal is useless, even if I list what power I have.

And by the way this game looks to be more dificult than I thought. I'm kind of confused about clock/lynch thing. I'll go back through rules again when I get a chance.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #221
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And my only confusing was characters listed as conspirators. I now know the list was of people who were conspirators on the show not necessarily in the game. I just needed clarification that "conspirator" meant "conspirator on the show". Makes much more sense now, and will hopefully prevent an even bigger fight in-game.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #222
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And my only confusing was characters listed as conspirators. I now know the list was of people who were conspirators on the show not necessarily in the game. I just needed clarification that "conspirator" meant "conspirator on the show". Makes much more sense now, and will hopefully prevent an even bigger fight in-game.

This is about where I'm at now, I think.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #223
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
So reading this, it seems my role reveal is useless, even if I list what power I have.

That, and in addition I think that it's probably not a good idea to put our roles out there. I imagine certain roles can affect certain other roles so for the most part it's probably best to keep the wolves (and neutrals?) in the dark.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #224
Thomkal
Head Coach

I agree with what others are saying about mass reveals-there's going to be quite a few extra roles out there-like 7? and even if there is a mass reveal it tells us nothing about what side people are on, especially given the clarification from the mods about the roles list and only gives slight clues to whatever powers are out there. And I'm guessing there's going to be some duplicate/very similar powers out there given the number of people in the game.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #225
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Glad I decided to get back into this one.

Will check back in later. Home with a migraine and figured I would pop on to see if I missed anything. Time to close my eyes for a while longer.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #226
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
checking in...if we can keep the posts below 200 by noon (yes danny, i am talking to you), i should be able to keep up from work

Catching up, but I did not post for 8 hours just for you (and cause I was sleeping
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #227
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana should be happy to know there were only 197 posts by noon (EST).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #228
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Can you expand on what you're thinking here? Chief Rum and I have thrown out our thoughts, we have one brand new player and myself working on game #2, and even some experienced players may not be able to conceive of what you're thinking that might be helpful for those in the government to know, so long as it won't be overly helpful for the conspiracy to see your thoughts laid out.

I don't know the roles and powers people have, but using basic WW roles as an example. A seer could feed his scans to a previously scanned player through these PM's. A bodyguard could feed his identity to somehow he protected and prevent a night kill from. A duke could PM to players under lynch consideration for info. As for wolves, PM's like these could be faked.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #229
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not sure I agree on the top half of your table, Danny. My hunch would be that if no one gets 40% of the vote, we've got no lynch for the day.

Question: What happens if two players have 40% of the vote when the clock ticks 23:00?

That's certainly possible
Old 07-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #230
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Definitely agreed.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #231
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree, we should not apply absolutes to this, but hopefully this is not any real consideration to a full reveal as it is pointless if not harmful to the village.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #232
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kim Bauer might be the head of the Conspirators (maybe she'll be that in next season's 24 too),

not unless she's conspiring to throw a topless pool party at my place!!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #233
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'M JACK BAUER!!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #234
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
not unless she's conspiring to throw a topless pool party at my place!!

You may not try and sex your daughter up
Old 07-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #235
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, you've got the worst role in the game DT.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #236
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL
Old 07-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #237
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tick, tick, tick...
Old 07-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #238
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well....I have not much more to say at this point...but i enjoy the discussion. I think the players are totally random, but to me it doesnt matter as I have never watched the show.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #239
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll be driving now so I will catch you guys in the morning. Thanks for bearing with me.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #240
kingfc22
Head Coach

I want some action

This is 24!

Last edited by kingfc22 : 07-06-2009 at 06:02 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #241
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I want some action

This is 24!

Looks like it's the night before the premier, we still have a few hours to go.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #242
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'll be driving now so I will catch you guys in the morning. Thanks for bearing with me.

Don't worry, it will give me time to prepare my vote. Unless you want to talk about a new sig?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #243
Autumn
Head Coach

It will be interesting starting in a half hour. I'm wondering how this voting dynamic, and realtime actions will work out. Hopefully it will give us something to work with day one.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #244
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It will be interesting starting in a half hour. I'm wondering how this voting dynamic, and realtime actions will work out. Hopefully it will give us something to work with day one.
Not that it will be much of an issue in this game but we use the Central Time Zone this game as that is what both Hoops and I reside in.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #245
Autumn
Head Coach

Aw, thanks, I forgot about that.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #246
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Not that it will be much of an issue in this game but we use the Central Time Zone this game as that is what both Hoops and I reside in.

Bah! I am on the west coast and I will always refer to time in the eastern time zone since that is standard around here.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #247
henry296
College Starter

A couple of thoughts on the discussion of the day.

1. Character reveal - doesn't matter either way since it doesn't tell me anything.
2. PMs - A great concept, but as I think Alan T mentioned we really only get 2 people to talk to since we likely will need to reply. As a villager I probably wouldn't talk strategy but would like to try to get info on roles, but be very careful in the first few days if not avoid the PMs because the risk is too high.
3. My availabilty - I mentioned this when I signed up, but I have no access during the day. I have no board or e-mail access until about 8:30 PM each night. I will contribute at night, as respond at that time.

This is the longest day zero ever and wish we could get started now.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #248
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

So what's the over/under on the number of times that hoops and BK have to clear their inboxes?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #249
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
So what's the over/under on the number of times that hoops and BK have to clear their inboxes?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #250
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Over. Book it for as much as you'd be willing to take.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote