Old 02-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #351
Danny
Head Coach

Well, at least we beat the old farts
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #352
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

What BS, the first leg is non-elimination? That's preferential treatment for the old guys!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #353
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After discussion during the pitstop you have decided that MartinD must be a mole, he told his teammate that he is after all.

You call him forward and interogate him. You find that he is indeed a mole from another station. He says that their reality show will beat this one hands down. Who wouldn't want to watch Life on Tap, you see behind the scenes at a strip club to see how the bartender lives.

You find that not only was he a mole but he was also the Russell Wannabe.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #354
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
That is crap! I have never seen a first leg be non elimination.

What do we win?

Flyers tickets?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #355
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

sweet, not a bad day 1!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #356
saldana
Pro Starter

well, it seemed like it was gonna be fun, but i cant imagine living through the night
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #357
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone is preparing for the next leg. You look around and other than seeing a very dejected MartinD who seems quite distant now that he hs been outed you notice that nothing else is different.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #359
Danny
Head Coach

Just a reminder that you aren't supposed to delete posts
Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
well, it seemed like it was gonna be fun, but i cant imagine living through the night

why are you so sure you will be killed? We have a seer who has outed himself unless he is lying.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #361
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

did we get a BG block?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #362
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
why are you so sure you will be killed? We have a seer who has outed himself unless he is lying.

YEah, danny says it was a good day but I am in total disagreement of that. Someone either body guarded me or just flat out didn't night kill me. Wonder who got the BG.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #363
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And if that is it for the night 1, then great job to the BG!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #364
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And I'm off to bed.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It would be a pretty above the rim move by Saldana if he was a wolf
Old 02-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #366
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

When you are allowed to begin you will start at Rio and travel the Falkland Islands. From there...

You have a clue to the Roadblock.
Who wants to reach new depths? Requires Water, secondary Physical.

You have a clue to the Detour.

Sheer it: Sheer 10 sheep, you will need to catch them and sheer them. Requires physical and mental.
- Sheep in various pens will need to be sheered.
- Sheer ten of them and you may continue the race.
- Learn from the locals the best way to do so.
- If they cooperate you find yourselves near the pitstop.

Catch it: Catch 50 pounds of fish. Requires Water, Mental and Physical.
- Travel to the docks to be taken out on a fishing boat and shown how to fish using the net.
- Using a net you must catch 50 pounds of fish.
- If using the right method you can catch them in one cast.
- If not using the right method it could take a long time.

Pit Stop - Christ Church Cathedral (at the Whale Bone Arch)
Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #367
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Leg Two deadline Friday 9 PM EST.

Day Two Werewolf Deadline Friday 10 PM EST.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #368
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so here it is.

I'm the BG and I protected myself. I told Jackal I was the BG and I find it hard to believe it is a coincidence I was what would be a very random N1 target.

I think Mau is likely a wolf as well and tried a fake reveal. They do that and hope I switch to protect him based on his reveal, and when that happens they kill me, which they tried. Otherwise, why not kill Mau? Even if it takes 2 nights to do it that is a worthy trade. I think they saw a chance to take out the BG and went for it.

I have no problem revealing this now since I am dead tomorrow night regardless since I pretty strongly believe Jackal is a wolf.

A much less likely scenario is Sal is a wolf and outing MartinD hoping I will then protect Sal because of his assertion he is dead. Either way I find it very hard to believe I was a random D1 night kill target given Maus reveal.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #369
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Jackal
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #370
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Man, so much for trying to provide interesting detail -- that sucked. We'll make it up tomo, Zinto!

Weird Day 1, I'll look at it more tomorrow.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #371
hoopsguy
General Manager

Was out for awhile there, so sorry I wasn't around to move vote from NTN over to the revealed wolf.

Sounds like a good day of werewolf and a decent day of racing for the favorite team of every male viewer (3rd place for us chicks).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #372
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

wow, ok. I'm inclined to believe Lathum since i can't really see the upside of his strategy if he's a wolf. if we listen to him and kill jackal then we'd obviously kill him the next day so that's not a huge advantage for the wolves. it would by them an extra day at best

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #373
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Man, so much for trying to provide interesting detail -- that sucked. We'll make it up tomo, Zinto!

Weird Day 1, I'll look at it more tomorrow.

You provided very interesting detail, I actually should have worked it more into the write up but was tight on time trying to get it all together.

But hitchiking?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #374
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
wow, ok. I'm inclined to believe Lathum since i can't really see the upside of his strategy if he's a wolf. if we listen to him and kill jackal then we'd obviously kill him the next day so that's not a huge advantage for the wolves. it would by them an extra day at best

I wouldn't go that far. Option C is I was indeed a very random N1 target, but I doubt it.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #375
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My head is spinning at the moment (have been fighting off what feels like migraine). Going to log for the night. I'll check back in tomorrow morning.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #376
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, sorry I didn't get my vote off Mau in time, had some work stuff to clear up. Good first day and a good result.

Very weird first day, I see some pretty clear scenarios forming based on Lathum's reveal and the lack of a night kill but I'll let some more experienced players draw some conclusions first. Lots to talk about.

EF - I assume that given these revelations it's perfectly OK to discuss the race and the werewolf part of your game via PM with your partner?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #377
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. Option C is I was indeed a very random N1 target, but I doubt it.

But what are the odds that out of 20 people we'll lynch the seer.

and what are the odds that out of 14-15 people the wolves wuld hit the bodyguard?

And out of 20 people what are the odds that the bodyguard would protect the same person that the wolves would try to kill?

Not very high.

That's alot for me to swallow

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #378
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I almost switched off myself and onto Sal or Mau, glad I didn't.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #379
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

The only thing I can think of is it's a crazy suicide play by the wolves. If Jackal is a wolf and get's lynched tonight, we think Lathum is BG and Mauboy is seer, they are the two most trusted players in the game and they are making it to the end. The real seer and BG wouldn't necessarily want to speak up as they'd instantly make themselves targets.

I have no idea if this makes sense or is remotely realistic. Just putting thoughts out there.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #380
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But what are the odds that out of 20 people we'll lynch the seer.

and what are the odds that out of 14-15 people the wolves wuld hit the bodyguard?

And out of 20 people what are the odds that the bodyguard would protect the same person that the wolves would try to kill?

Not very high.

That's alot for me to swallow

That is why I revealed. I'm just saying, if Jackal is a villager that doesn't mean I am a wolf.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
The only thing I can think of is it's a crazy suicide play by the wolves. If Jackal is a wolf and get's lynched tonight, we think Lathum is BG and Mauboy is seer, they are the two most trusted players in the game and they are making it to the end. The real seer and BG wouldn't necessarily want to speak up as they'd instantly make themselves targets.

I have no idea if this makes sense or is remotely realistic. Just putting thoughts out there.

At some point those truths would come out, either by them revealing or by them being night killed. In a 20 person game there really would be no point to making that move.

Mau revealing as seer makes perfect sense, because he has nothing to lose.

I will also say keep thinking and throwing out scenarios, I love the fact that your wheels are turning!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #382
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

no im not saying you're a wolf but let's say jackal is. with a seer reveal you would most likely protect them right? so you would protect them and they would kill you, with you dead we would never have known that you told jackal anything. there wouldn't be any suspicion on him at all if their kill had succeeded.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #383
Danny
Head Coach

vote jackal
Old 02-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #384
Danny
Head Coach

The most likely scenario is that Jackal is a wolf, so my vote will stay there.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #385
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Jackal

Probably the best we'll have to go on today, may as well get the vote in early.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #386
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
no im not saying you're a wolf but let's say jackal is. with a seer reveal you would most likely protect them right? so you would protect them and they would kill you, with you dead we would never have known that you told jackal anything. there wouldn't be any suspicion on him at all if their kill had succeeded.

exactly.

I would be absolutely floored if Jackal wasn't a wolf.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #387
Danny
Head Coach

Hopefully mauboy will come back with his scan target. He'll also get in a minimum of one other scan before being killed.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #388
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Honestly I think we have the wolves by the huevos rancheros

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #389
bhlloy
Coordinator

So why would the wolves try and take out the BG before the seer? Is that standard game play?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #390
bhlloy
Coordinator

Oh and why not. Based on the info we have right now

Vote Jackal
Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #391
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Jackal

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #392
Danny
Head Coach

Either mauboy is a wolf or they knew mauboy was the seer and figured he had to be protected.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #393
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I can also see mauboy's play as an attempt to draw the seer out, along with being a last ditch effort to save himself. When he did it he looked like a sure bet to get lynched, and unless I missed something he was vague enough that if the seer did come forward he could try to argue he was claiming a role though he never said it was seer.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #394
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So why would the wolves try and take out the BG before the seer? Is that standard game play?

No they'll try to kill whatever role they can. They just assumed the BG would protect the seer, if they tried to kill the seer tonight it wouldn't have worked.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #395
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

No it isn't, which is why I think they went for me. I think they knew I was the BG and assumed I would protect Mau based on his reveal, which is why they went for me.

I was worried Jackal may be a wolf and that exact scenario would happen, which is why I left the protection order on me.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #396
The Jackal
Coordinator

what the hell lathum!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #397
The Jackal
Coordinator

i honestly don't have time to go into this right now, just got back from my birthday celebrations, which is also why i wasn't involved in vote switching, but i fail to see how this means i'm a wolf
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #398
The Jackal
Coordinator

i'm shocked and appalled that you automatically assume i'm a wolf because you were targeted when we specifically discussed that you were a likely N1 target and that's why it was great that you are the bodyguard..
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #399
The Jackal
Coordinator

you better have a damned good explanation as to why this means i'm a wolf.. this is bull, we have a great day one when i'm doing both competitions and this is what i get?!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #400
The Jackal
Coordinator

i'll be back around tomorrow.. i'm as vanilla as it gets, but lathum better believe he's not going to win the race after this crap