Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I left out the "You can use it again if it fails" clause from Animal Kinship vs Camouflage that Weaponskill has, and it SHOULD have it. Sorry bout that, it's added now.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #52
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
You have all three. LMK by pm if you forgot an deleted your sent PM and I'll resend you your choice back so you know your three powers.

I found it, thanks!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #53
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Hello all.

Lots of fun-looking powers there and we obviously don't want to be discussing what powers we might have. Like Autumn said they don't really match up with what I was expecting but that could be Abe's way of stopping the POWER GAMERZ!

19 = 5 wolves again probably. Although with all these powers I guess it could be six.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #54
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway it seems like it's time to open the can of worms known as "No Lynch Vote on Day One". If I remember correctly arguing about this was all the rage a couple of years ago. The argument is that if everyone has roles then it's best not to indiscriminately lynch someone on day one, as the chances are you'll lynch a villager with powers that are helpful to us. Looking at the powers I'm not sure if it's worth the loss of voting records for the powers on offer but it really depends on what powers people have. Seems like the powers that help the village as a whole and not just the individual is healing, animal kinship, tracking and, to a lesser extent, sixth sense.

Healing is basically bodyguard but not on yourself, animal kinship seems to be a one-off seer ability, tracking means you can see who's been using a power on someone else and sixth sense lets you know what powers someone has. Everything else is useful to the individual (and therefore useful to the village as a whole as a result) but doesn't seem directly beneficial.

Anyway before the game I was pretty sure that a no lynch vote on day one would be the way to go but with the powers as they are I'm not so sure. I'm probably 50-50 on it and would like to discuss it. Preferably without people automatically saying "You want a no lynch - you must be a wolf".

Seems to me the main power we don't want to lose is animal kinship (which, because it is only one-use, can and should be revealed straight away). I think we might want to view that as a "get out of jail free" card for one time only if someone is about to get lynched and they haven't used it yet. If someone reveals that they have the power and haven't used it then we (well probably "you" as I'll be asleep in bed when it comes time to reveal) can decide who we want to scan.

Of course there's nothing preventing a wolf from claiming to have animal kinship (or even to stop them actually having it) so we'll let them have one night to get their scan in - a healer heals them and then we decide if we want to lynch them the next day. Maybe if a villager has sixth sense then they can scan the person to see if they're lying about the skills they have. Even if they aren't lying they could still be a wolf so then we would have to decide what to do about them.

Bearing all that in mind I'm kind of veering off of a no lynch being the way forward. And I don't even know if it's an acceptable option. So yeah, that was a long post about next to nothing.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 AM   #55
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ah, just reread a bit and saw that you can't choose to "track" someone else - it only works if you were targeted yourself. So that probably isn't very important to the whole of the village either - unless you were a nightkill target.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #56
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Looking at the rules, I don't know that No Lynch is even an option (I didn't see it listed).

I would guess 4 wolves instead of 5-6 myself, since they're going to have powers to use also.

I don't know what to think about the disciplines we have. The Animal Kinship scan is pretty valuable as the only surefire way to clear someone, but it's only one use, doesn't work on everyone, and I question how many people actually took it compared with juicier-sounding powers. I agree Healing looks like a standard BG-type role and it could be useful that we have multiple of them running around. A lot of the other powers I don't know how useful they will be though. Camouflage seems almost like a liability (except for wolves of course) since they can't be protected by the BG(s), other than not being able to be attacked by those with Weaponskill. Mindshield looks pretty useless unless someone also has Weaponskill or is tied in a lynch with someone who has Mindblast (seems rather unlikely, also does this indicate neither player would be lynched in such a case?). I guess Sixth Sense and Tracking are somewhat useful for information gathering as well, though at this point I question to what extent.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sound depressing if I come across that way.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #57
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Checking in. Gonna be interesting to see how everyone plays such a different type game.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #58
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Anyway, I'm not trying to sound depressing if I come across that way.

Actually looking through there does appear to be a more than average potential for flustercluckery with people having the chance to switch votes around, avoiding lynches and villager night kills. We've had a good roll of successful night kills by villagers so you've got to worry that it's all going to come crashing catastrophically down at some stage. Didn't think about people not selecting animal kinship, that would be a bit sucky - then again healing seemed like a pretty good bet for people to take, so I think we can hope for a few blocked kills. I do wonder if Abe tailored the powers to the number of people who picked them.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #59
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Anyway it seems like it's time to open the can of worms known as "No Lynch Vote on Day One".

You want a no-lynch - you must be a wolf.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #60
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I kind of suspected that Animal Kinship would be better than it sounds, since it wasn't likely to attract people. Unfortunately while I was that smart, I wasn't smart enough to take it.

I read the disciplines last night and they're hazy, I'm going to look them over. I wonder if the wolves have to make their kills using these discipline powers?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #61
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Villager checking in. Won't be around much until after 6pm.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #62
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Weaponskill – Once, during the game, you may use a Night Action to attack someone. If they have no defense, then they die. If you have Weaponskill or Mindblast and are attacked by an Initiate using Weaponskill at night, you will survive. You will not know your assailant. Defense also includes someone who targeted you with Healing, or their own Weaponskill. You cannot hit someone with Camouflage at all, and if your Night Kill attempt fails, you may try again on future nights on other targets (or the same if you want). If you have not used your Night Kill successfully yet, then when you are lynched, you may choose to take someone with you.

Abe, I have two questions. No, I had two, and now I figured one out. My only question is, it says above that if someone is targeted with weaponskill that counts as defense? I'm not sure what that means.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rules clarification - Someone with Camouflage MAY turn their power off that night, but it will be off for everyone and everything, just let me know in pm.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Rules - Whoever has the most votes is voted off. If someone has two votes on them, and everybody else one, that person is voted off. No majority vote is needed. So, if 15 people vote No Lynch, and 3 vote for Nosama and One for me, the three win. If everyone votes for No Lynch, (or not at all), we have none.

Yes, in a tie, if there is no tie breaker (Hunting, Mindblast) then both are off, as my rules indicate.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-02-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This question was asked a few times by pm, if you didn't get a PM from me last night, you are a Kai. I didn't send out pms at all except to the non-Kai since there are no roles. By not sending any pms, I also avoid the potential of the "Quote a Word from it" trick as well.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Abe, I have two questions. No, I had two, and now I figured one out. My only question is, it says above that if someone is targeted with weaponskill that counts as defense? I'm not sure what that means.

Three things stop Weaponskill from getting in it's kill, so that's defense against it. Those are listed - Weaponskill itself, failure to target the foe, and being Healed. All of those allow you to Weaponskill again on a subsequent night. Sorry if the grammar is a bit vague. Hope that clarifies.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #67
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, got it, thanks Abe.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #68
Autumn
Head Coach

It's about time to start throwing votes out there me thinks.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #69
The Jackal
Coordinator

Checking in, lots of mechanisms to think over it seems like
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #70
Autumn
Head Coach

I will not be overthinking today. The more votes we get in, the earlier, the better. I'm going to vote DaddyTorgo, purely because he's a regular, veteran player who I have a hard time getting a read on. I know I spent much of the last game really unsure of him. The more posts we get out of someone the easier it is to read them, so here we go.

VOTE DADDY TORGO
Old 05-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #71
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Note to self. Ask Abe before launching into a lengthy post about anything. On the plus side I think the stuff I said about Animal Kinship stands up, so it wasn't all a waste.

Agree with Autumn about getting the votes out there. Going to continue my attempt to get UTR people ITR. Don't want to hound dwardzalla too much after last game but I would like to see him be a bit more active, but I'll lay off that for now.

Vote Darth Vilus
Old 05-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #72
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Vote dwardzala

I will hound a bit.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #73
bhlloy
Coordinator

Vote McKerney

Experienced player who was on the list of guys who didn't get their disciplines in on time. As good an early day 1 vote as any methinks.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #74
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I kind of suspected that Animal Kinship would be better than it sounds, since it wasn't likely to attract people. Unfortunately while I was that smart, I wasn't smart enough to take it.

I read the disciplines last night and they're hazy, I'm going to look them over. I wonder if the wolves have to make their kills using these discipline powers?

I wondered that too, but far as I can tell, we're not going to get info about wolf powers unless they have some visibility on use. Most of the listed powers seem like they could have some use for an Agent, so I would speculate there aren't too many radical changes from what we have.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #75
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Checking in. Reading up on the neat game a bit more closely.!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #76
Zinto
College Starter

I can already tell it is going to be a long couple of days as I (and I assume other people) try to adjust to this rule set. Hopefully a couple people took Animal Kinship as a power but we will have to wait and see.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #77
Zinto
College Starter

I hate adding another candidate when there are already four people with votes so I am not going to do that. I am going to vote for DT since he made it to the end of the last game and was really a shade of gray in my mind the whole game.

Vote Daddy Torgo
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #78
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Daddy Torgo
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #79
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ugh, didn't see Zinto had voted, I am at work and had left the window open for a while
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #80
Thomkal
Head Coach

"For Summerlund!"

checking in, very busy today, not sure how much I will be able to participate. Wanted to get a vote in though.

this is just a fun vote here for believing Hoops the wolf over me in the last game.

vote narcizo
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #81
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

As the days leaves, you look around to discover one of your number missing! You were once 20, but now just 19. What happened to Sky Dog? His gear is still here, but no sign of him. You send out search parties, and one finds his body, torn, by the nearby stream. It must have happened very recently. This is further proof that somehow, the Agents of the Darklords have penetrated your assembly. Who? How?

Poor Sky Dog! I miss him. An obvious Randy Jackson Fan, the dog is an all-around friend. Dibs on his Bo stick!

Sorting out my skills. Throwing a vote out. First name on the "Tardy 7" list.

VOTE CHIEF RUM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #82
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

I was thinking that myself. Similar to Vegas, baby where wolves had to buy night kill. A strong possibility. Although on the other hand, that means that if by dumb luck, NONE of the wolves chose the right skill, they couldn't kill anybody, which is unlikely. Perhaps they received it as a free power from their evil stupidhead god.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #83
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Voting for someone based on their actions before the roles came out ought to please Lathum.

3 early votes on someone is probably no bad thing - makes the vote a bit more interesting if nothing else. I'll be back in a couple of hours to see if my vote is more useful being moved.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #84
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Don't really want to throw out another candidate at this point in the day, so randomly choosing one that is out there...

VOTE MCKERNEY
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #85
The Jackal
Coordinator

I haven't heard much from CR early on in games lately. I know his schedule is different, but let's see what happens.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #86
MrBug708
Head Coach

vote - Dark Vilius
Old 05-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #87
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
vote - Dark Vilius

This new spelling makes me chuckle. There must be some backstory or injoke to this.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #88
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

As of Post 87:

3 DT - Autumn (70), Zinto (77), Lathum (78)
2 DV - Narcizo (71), Bug (86)
2 mckerney - bhlloy (73), PF (84)
2 CR - CF (81), Jackal (85)
1 dwardzala - JAG (72)
1 Narcizo - Thomkal (80)
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #89
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Right then, I'm off to bed. Happy enough leaving my vote where it is at the moment as I'm not really getting much of a vibe about any of the other vote leaders. Haven't really had a lot to go off of, to be honest. Hope there's some action to look at tomorrow. Oh and a dead wolf carcass would be nice. So you guys sort that out for me then, cheers.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #90
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
This new spelling makes me chuckle. There must be some backstory or injoke to this.

Im on antibiotics lol
Old 05-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #91
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay had a chance to check out the rules and what the disciplines actually mean, and I think most of them are just fantasy equivalent for Werewolf powers and we will get used to them soon enough. The problem of course is that the Agents of the Darklords can have them too, and some may have different and unknown (to us) abilities. Therefore I think this is a game where voting record will be of utmost importance. Those lucky ones who chose the seer-like discipline should focus on lynch candidates more often than not in my opinion because even clearing someone can help us Kai in figuring out who the bad guys are.

I don't think this ruleset favors the Kai-the Agents have a lot of places to hide, and we have to hope a lot of my fellow Kai chose the seer power since its one use only. We will probably need a good portion of luck to win it, but I certainly think we will prevail.

For Summerlund!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #92
Thomkal
Head Coach

Let's see what happens when I tie it up.

unvote narcizo
vote mckerney
Old 05-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #93
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Checking in.

With everyone a potential "role" as it were, this is as much of a crapshoot as anything. At least in other games, someone might say they're the seer or something like that, and we'll end up with soemthing to go on. But with this ruleset, Day One is even more useless than normal. Way I figure it, we may as well engineer close races and see what comes of it, hope that we can attach meaning down the line.

DT and mckerney lead the way with 3, and I and DV have two. I always prefer three way races (at least) in crapshoot votes like this, to increase the net for nabbing a possible wolf. That means voting for a guy with two votes. Since I'm not going to vote for myself, that means DV.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #94
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - just getting a chance to close my work out and take a look at this for the day - why do I see I'm in the vote lead again??

*sighs* Seriously??
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #95
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Aaah I see - Zinto and Autumn as a result of my steller ambiguous play last game, and Lathum as an accidental-piler.

Fair enough.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #96
mckerney
Coordinator

Checking in.

Trying to decide if I want to make things closer in the voting right now...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #97
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As of Post 96:

3 DT - Autumn (70), Zinto (77), Lathum (78)
3 DV - Narcizo (71), Bug (86) Chief Rum (93)
3 mckerney - bhlloy (73), PF (84) Thomkal (92)
2 CR - CF (81), Jackal (85)
1 dwardzala - JAG (72)
Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #98
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Checking in.

Trying to decide if I want to make things closer in the voting right now...

but how much closer could they be? :P
Old 05-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #99
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
but how much closer could they be? :P

Well, it could be 4 people tied at 3.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #100
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yet to vote: dwardzala, hoopsguy, mckerney, Danny, mauboy1, DaddyTargo, Darth Vilus