Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #101
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Chief Rum

Making it a 4 way tie to see what happens.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #102
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Vote Chief Rum

Making it a 4 way tie to see what happens.

Instead of voitng a fellow three voter ahead of you, so you're no longer one of those on the lynch block? That seems an odd decision to me. Not necessarily wolfish, but certainly not promoting of your own good health in the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #103
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote dwardzala
Vote DV

Would rather have a vote on one of the top 4.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #104
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Instead of voitng a fellow three voter ahead of you, so you're no longer one of those on the lynch block? That seems an odd decision to me. Not necessarily wolfish, but certainly not promoting of your own good health in the game.

Er, isn't this what you essentially did, except to a slightly lesser degree since you had one fewer vote at the time? There are still 6-7 people who haven't voted yet so it's hardly a done deal, to say nothing of the fact that he could have one of the disciplines that helps get out of lynches or ties.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Er, isn't this what you essentially did, except to a slightly lesser degree since you had one fewer vote at the time? There are still 6-7 people who haven't voted yet so it's hardly a done deal, to say nothing of the fact that he could have one of the disciplines that helps get out of lynches or ties.

No, it's really not what I did, considering I was in no danger as things stood. mckerney on the other hand, has all the appearances of being a possible lycnhee, given he was one of the three with the most votes at the time of his vote. The natural response there is to bump up one of the other three voters, not muddy the situation further by adding a fourth candidate. It rings alarm bells in me when someone makes an unnatural decision, since I sit here wondering why they did that. It's rarely a good reason.

And if he has a tiebreaker, this would cartainly not be the way to announce that, nor the time to do so (way too early).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #106
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Just getting caught up from being out of the office this afternoon so this is subject to change:

Vote CR
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #107
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post
Just getting caught up from being out of the office this afternoon so this is subject to change:

Vote CR

Any reason for me over the other three vote candidates at the time?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #108
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

With as much time as we have left I think it's best to see what kind of movements we can get with this many people on the block. If we have a wolf as one of the four I doubt we'll get them today but could get something that would help us down the road out of the voting.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #109
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I guess I don't consider being one vote off the lead as you were being all that safe compared with tied...it's still a matter of one vote with plenty of votes outstanding. Moreover it's not the first time Ive seen mckerney pull that move.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #110
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Any reason for me over the other three vote candidates at the time?

At this point with DT and DV not having voted and mckerney voting for you, this vote has the most meaning. Since I was lynched for not being active enough and throwing votes away last game, this seems like a better play to stay alive.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #111
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, it's really not what I did, considering I was in no danger as things stood. mckerney on the other hand, has all the appearances of being a possible lycnhee, given he was one of the three with the most votes at the time of his vote. The natural response there is to bump up one of the other three voters, not muddy the situation further by adding a fourth candidate. It rings alarm bells in me when someone makes an unnatural decision, since I sit here wondering why they did that. It's rarely a good reason.

And if he has a tiebreaker, this would cartainly not be the way to announce that, nor the time to do so (way too early).

Thinking he's a wolf protecting another wolf?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #112
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'll vote after I get home in a bit. Still got a couple hours to see how things shake out, and I suppose my vote should be somewhat obvious at the moment.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

As of Post 112:

3 DT - Autumn (70), Zinto (77), Lathum (78)
4 DV - Narcizo (71), Bug (86) Chief Rum (93), JAG (103)
3 mckerney - bhlloy (73), PF (84) Thomkal (92)
4 CR - CF (81), Jackal (85), Mckerney (101), dwardzala (106)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #114
Danny
Head Coach

Hmm, close vote. Will try and get caught up.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #115
Autumn
Head Coach

Well this is interesting. Good job guys, we should get a useful last two hours out of this.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #116
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, about as boring a day 1 as I can remember.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #117
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

obligatory self preservation vote

VOTE DARTH VILIUS

Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #118
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Thinking he's a wolf protecting another wolf?

I'd be pretty excited if we had 2 wolves in the 3 tied for the lead when I voted, but I doubt that's the case. I get that my move may look kind of odd because it's not the move that gives me the best chance for survival, but that's not my biggest concern right now. With 4 up on the block we'll hopefully have one wolf (though it won't surprise me if we don't), so even if we miss on a wolf and hit a villager hopefully we can get something out of the vote history down the line. If it's me that ends up lynched it would suck, but I still think it gives the village the best chance of winning.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #119
Autumn
Head Coach

*snore* Unfortunately I don't really have anything to add, and don't think moving my vote is productive now. How many more votes to come?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #120
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I get that my move may look kind of odd because it's not the move that gives me the best chance for survival, but that's not my biggest concern right now.

In an odd sort of way I like this kind of move...
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #121
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
*snore* Unfortunately I don't really have anything to add, and don't think moving my vote is productive now. How many more votes to come?

There have been 15 votes, so 4 have yet to vote. DV, hoops, Danny, and one other.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #122
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yet to vote: hoopsguy, Danny, mauboy1, Darth Vilus
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #123
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As of #122:
3 DT - Autumn (70), Zinto (77), Lathum (78)
5 DV - Narcizo (71), Bug (86) Chief Rum (93), JAG (103) DaddyTargo (117)
3 mckerney - bhlloy (73), PF (84) Thomkal (92)
4 CR - CF (81), Jackal (85), Mckerney (101), dwardzala (106)
Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #124
Autumn
Head Coach

I like Mckerney's move just fine. A villager's first goal shouldn't be avoiding getting lynched, but getting the best result. Especially in this game where no one's really worth more than anyone else.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #125
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just getting on for first time today - reading fast, doesn't look like there are too many posts to get through.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #126
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

yay hoops is here. parTAY!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #127
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hoops is here - now we can all find out how we're supposed to vote!! (tongue-in-cheek)
Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #128
Autumn
Head Coach

Everybody vote HOops!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #129
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh - thanks for the warm welcome. Going to take a couple of minutes to see if anything about the voting patterns raises an eyebrow on the leading candidates.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #130
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I don't like DT's "self preservation" vote because it was 4-4-3-3 at the time, with him being a 3. I think the right "self-preservation" move is putting 3 candidates in front of him (4-4-4-3) not pushing one ahead (5-4-3-3). I also don't like how DV ran down DT after DT got off to the early lead.

VOTE DADDY TORGO
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #131
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, here is the voting log I put together in case anyone wants to reference it.

70 - Autumn votes DT
71 - Narcizo votes DV 1-1 DT/DV
72 - JAG votes Dward 1-1-1 DT/DV/Dward
73 - bhlloy votes mckern 1-1-1-1 DT/DV/Dward/mckern
77 - Zinto votes DT 2-1-1-1 DT over DV/Dward/mckern
78 - Lathum votes DT 3-1-1-1 DT over DV/Dward/mckern
80 - Thomkal votes Narc 3-1-1-1-1 DT over DV/Dward/mckern/Narc
81 - CF votes CR 3-1-1-1-1-1 DT over DV/Dward/mckern/Narc/CR
84 - PF votes mckern 3-2-1-1-1-1 DT over mckern over DV/Dward/Narc/CR
85 - Jackal votes CR 3-2-2-1-1-1 DT over mckern/CR over DV/Dward/Narc
86 - Bug votes DV 3-2-2-2-1-1 DT over mckern/CR/DV over Dward/Narc
92 - Thomkal unvotes Narc, votes mckern 3-3-2-2-1 DT/mckern over CR/DV over Dward
93 - CR votes DV 3-3-3-2-1 DT/mckern/DV over CR over Dward
101 - mckern votes CR 3-3-3-3-1 DT/mckern/DV/CR over Dward
103 - JAG unvotes Dward, votes dV 4-3-3-3 DV over DT/mckern/CR
106 - dward votes CR 4-4-3-3 DV/CR over DT/mckern
117 - DT votes DV 5-4-3-3 DV over CR over DT/mckern
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #132
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, I don't like DT's "self preservation" vote because it was 4-4-3-3 at the time, with him being a 3. I think the right "self-preservation" move is putting 3 candidates in front of him (4-4-4-3) not pushing one ahead (5-4-3-3). I also don't like how DV ran down DT after DT got off to the early lead.

VOTE DADDY TORGO

why would I put 3 in front of me tied at 4? Eespecially with some of the wonky role-mechanics in this game (thinking of Hunting)? It doesn't make sense. Shows more conviction to take a view on one of the two ahead of me and put them further ahead.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #133
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I understand you had to rush to put things together, but why would it be wrong in DT's case to get some distance from the others as opposed to making a 3-way tie for first?

Thanks for the vote log also.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #134
hoopsguy
General Manager

Because there are votes to come, and you have the option to move your vote to push someone ahead - you are clearly around for this deadline.

Maybe this boils down to different approaches at "self preservation". But taking a stand on a candidate doesn't make as much sense on Day 1 when no villagers have any idea what they are doing. I'm not really making this a "grand unified theory of wolves" where you are protecting mckerney ... I'm just voting for the guy near the lead whose vote doesn't seem to mirror his reasons for the vote.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #135
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because there are votes to come, and you have the option to move your vote to push someone ahead - you are clearly around for this deadline.

Maybe this boils down to different approaches at "self preservation". But taking a stand on a candidate doesn't make as much sense on Day 1 when no villagers have any idea what they are doing. I'm not really making this a "grand unified theory of wolves" where you are protecting mckerney ... I'm just voting for the guy near the lead whose vote doesn't seem to mirror his reasons for the vote.

You know I'm never afraid to take a stand on a candidate at any point - particularly late in days when I'm around. I like to think that's one of the trademarks of my play.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #136
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I understand you had to rush to put things together, but why would it be wrong in DT's case to get some distance from the others as opposed to making a 3-way tie for first?

Thanks for the vote log also.

Because I would expect him to put as many candidates as possible in front of himself if he really wanted to self-preserve as sole goal in this spot.

As a wolf, he would have greater motivation to push one candidate over another in that spot. As a villager, without any logic to guide the vote other than keeping himself alive, I think self-preservation calls for getting himself further from the lead. That is best achieved (in my mind) by putting more people in front of him while retaining voting flexibility as deadline approaches to move another candidate further ahead later if he gets pushed back into the mix.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #137
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(that in addition to the stuff I said earlier about the "Hunting" mechanic that means it's important to have more than a 1-vote cushion
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #138
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because I would expect him to put as many candidates as possible in front of himself if he really wanted to self-preserve as sole goal in this spot.

As a wolf, he would have greater motivation to push one candidate over another in that spot. As a villager, without any logic to guide the vote other than keeping himself alive, I think self-preservation calls for getting himself further from the lead. That is best achieved (in my mind) by putting more people in front of him while retaining voting flexibility as deadline approaches to move another candidate further ahead later if he gets pushed back into the mix.

You're discounting the "Hunting" mechanic though hoops. You need to be further ahead than normal in this game.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #139
Danny
Head Coach

Vote DaddyTorgo
Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #140
Danny
Head Coach

That makes it 5 DT, 5 DV and 4 CR right?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #141
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I see where you're coming from. I guess it probably would've been better to make the 3-way tie and see what came about. Though from the look of things, it seems like there are a few who are likely to miss their vote.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #142
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

mauboy and DV still to vote. DV hasn't been on all day.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #143
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

um we'rwe tied. Does that mean no lynch or both lynch? I forget.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #144
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So I've got 2 votes on me from early in the day based on nothing and then hoops' vote which doesn't hold weight based upon the rules of the game, and then a late vote from Danny? Feels weak.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #145
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Both lynch, depending on what disciplines each have or other vote manipulation done.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #146
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyway, I'll likely sit back and watch how this one unfolds - I'm not passionate about the vote I've got. I just thought it was the best I could make at the time.

I do think DV was an easy target late based on his (fairly well known) schedule, so that also had me uneasy about him among the leaders on Day 1. There is plenty of time to pick off someone like him or Narcizo later on if/when we have a reason, but bumping them late on Day 1 seems a little like dirty pool to me.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #147
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
So I've got 2 votes on me from early in the day based on nothing and then hoops' vote which doesn't hold weight based upon the rules of the game, and then a late vote from Danny? Feels weak.

No weaker than a vote for one of the other two candidates. This is day one. It's really nothing new that I don't vote DV day 1.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #148
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote cr
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #149
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

[/b]unvote dv[/b]
vote dt
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #150
Danny
Head Coach

So now we have a three way tie caused by Mauboy.