Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #51
spleen1015
Coordinator

I agree that we shouldn't spread votes around. Just to keep things even.

VOTE PACKERFANATIC

spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #52
bhlloy
Coordinator

Wow... lot of activity early in this one. That's awesome.

Out of the three candidates, I'm most uncertain about those two back to back votes on JAG who is usually a strong villager, but it's day 1. I'll go here for now

Vote Chubby
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #53
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Wow... lot of activity early in this one. That's awesome.

Out of the three candidates, I'm most uncertain about those two back to back votes on JAG who is usually a strong villager, but it's day 1. I'll go here for now

Vote Chubby

If you want to see the village win, i'm not the person to vote for.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #54
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
If you want to see the village win, i'm not the person to vote for.

We'll see how the day progresses, it's early. It was a complete toss up between you and PF, I feel slightly worse about a JAG vote right now. But a lot can happen on day 1. I wouldn't get too defensive just yet.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #55
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

oh i'm not, but there's only 9 people in this game too.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #56
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote chubby

There wont be a runaway on day 1. I'm going with the most recent vote on chubby.

vote bhlloy
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #57
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
unvote chubby

There wont be a runaway on day 1. I'm going with the most recent vote on chubby.

vote bhlloy

Interesting choice of terms since the vote was 3-2-2, hardly a runaway.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #58
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah that smells very weird, an early early first vote on a candidate and then you change it calling it a runaway when it's nothing of the sort... definitely something to bear in mind.

Let me ask you this... why even bother voting for someone if you want to change it when they are one vote in the lead?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #59
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I didn't really see a runaway either...only 2 people left to vote with 10 hours or so. Seems like a sketchy reason to unvote and throw a 4th candidate out there.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #60
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So used to these ginormous games lately. Just a slight miscalculation. Regardless my vote stands for now. I don't mind making a deciding vote if I have to.

So we are at 2-2-2? And my 1 of course.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #61
spleen1015
Coordinator

Here's what I have so far.

33 - mauboy1 votes Chubby
44 - Narcizo votes PackerFanatic
45 - PackerFanatic votes JAG
47 - JAG votes Chubby
48 - Chubby votes JAG
51 - spleen1015 votes PackerFanatic
52 - bhlloy - Chubby
56 - mauboy1 - unvote Chubby, vote bhlloy

2 - Chubby - JAG(47), bhlloy(52)
2 - PackerFanatic - Narcizo(44), spleen1015(51)
2 - JAG - PackerFanatic(45), Chubby(48)
1 - bhlloy - mauboy1(56)

Yet to vote
Zinto
Danny
Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #62
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

spleen, if you're going to make nice vote charts like that, you should play more often.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #63
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
spleen, if you're going to make nice vote charts like that, you should play more often.

I thought it was a common thing in these games. Maybe it was back when I played. It has been a long time since I played. Maybe folks stopped doing it.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #64
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If I am reading it right we'll find out who the Lynch is most likely after night 2 and they'll had to choose between the nk and Lynch which would make sense that we scan the Lynch almsot every time. It'd be ballsy for the wolves to off one of themselves to avoid scanning. So that's an unlikely scenario.

Just talking out loud.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #65
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
unvote chubby

vote bhlloy

Strange move mau. 3-2-2 and it's a runaway? Um ... what would constitute not being a runaway? Don't know what to make of it. I'm all for movement on day one but this just likes you looking for an excuse to move off of chubby. Sorceror?
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #66
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If I am reading it right we'll find out who the Lynch is most likely after night 2 and they'll had to choose between the nk and Lynch which would make sense that we scan the Lynch almsot every time. It'd be ballsy for the wolves to off one of themselves to avoid scanning. So that's an unlikely scenario.

If the priest is around after the lynch he should be able to scan the lynch victim and get a read on night one. Whether "we" will find out about it rather depends on the priest.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #67
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Just talking out loud.

I had thought the same, that whoever the priest is should be examining the lynch rather than NK almost without exception since we know the NK will be a villager or sorcerer (there's no circumstance a wolf would NK another wolf in this rule set, if it's even an option).
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #68
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Strange move mau. 3-2-2 and it's a runaway? Um ... what would constitute not being a runaway? Don't know what to make of it. I'm all for movement on day one but this just likes you looking for an excuse to move off of chubby. Sorceror?

Even if he were the sorcerer, he wouldn't know who the wolves are, so that reasoning doesn't make sense.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #69
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I remember Passa always wanted a game where it was possible for a wolf to kill another team member and for it to make sense. I can maybe stretch to a few ideas to how it might work out for the wolves (using my ultra-paranoid side) but none that make much sense. So, yeah, priest should scan lynched people.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #70
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Even if he were the sorcerer, he wouldn't know who the wolves are, so that reasoning doesn't make sense.

My take is that the sorceror wants to sew confusion. Vote switching seems a way of doing that.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #71
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

In this ruleset, with 2 wolves, they'd be costing themselves the game.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #72
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And really the only time NKing a wolf makes sense is when the role/allegiance is not revealed. Just not when there are only 2
Old 06-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #73
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

ahhh just got up from my nap (since tyler my son got up from his nap) and we are off to the gym but I'll be back on later.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #74
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I thought it was a common thing in these games. Maybe it was back when I played. It has been a long time since I played. Maybe folks stopped doing it.

Add time stamps and a running total of votes per candidate after each vote and I shall never vote for you in a game.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #75
Zinto
College Starter

Hello everyone

Seems everyone is in an early voting mood today. It wouldn't of surprised me if the wolves got their votes out there early to try and make some people other then themselves candidates but since everyone was up doing so I guess that point is moot.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #76
Zinto
College Starter

Our Seer and our Priest are our most important pieces this game and it will be interesting to see how much confusion is caused by the zero role reveals.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #77
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Add time stamps and a running total of votes per candidate after each vote and I shall never vote for you in a game.

Deal!

33 - 09:54 - mauboy1 votes Chubby(1)
44 - 10:10 - Narcizo votes PackerFanatic(1)
45 - 10:10 - PackerFanatic votes JAG(1)
47 - 10:18 - JAG votes Chubby(2)
48 - 10:36 - Chubby votes JAG(2)
51 - 10:46 - spleen1015 votes PackerFanatic(2)
52 - 11:07 - bhlloy - Chubby(3)
56 - 11:30 - mauboy1 - unvote Chubby(2), vote bhlloy(1)

2 - Chubby - JAG(47), bhlloy(52)
2 - PackerFanatic - Narcizo(44), spleen1015(51)
2 - JAG - PackerFanatic(45), Chubby(48)
1 - bhlloy - mauboy1(56)

Yet to vote
Zinto
Danny
Old 06-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #78
Zinto
College Starter

I guess that I will throw a vote down on Bhlloy to make it even with two votes across the board. Hopefully there will be a lot more discussion and we can whittle it down to two people before the deadline.

Vote Bhlloy
Old 06-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #79
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So used to these ginormous games lately. Just a slight miscalculation. Regardless my vote stands for now. I don't mind making a deciding vote if I have to.

So we are at 2-2-2? And my 1 of course.

Can you explain what the miscalculation was?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #80
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think we have the most obvious candidate for day 1 not even up there. I just can't get my head around Mauboy at all.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #81
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I think we have the most obvious candidate for day 1 not even up there. I just can't get my head around Mauboy at all.

It looks suspicious to me too, but it feels too obvious to me. I'm not sure I see a wolf making that move this early, IMO.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #82
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

I guess but the only way he would be a wolf making that move is if Chubby is also a wolf and he put an early one on him saw the votes piling up on Chubby and got scared.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #83
Zinto
College Starter

I would like to know what was going through his mind when he made the move and why as Jag said did he think it was a run away on Chubby
Old 06-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #84
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not creating confusion I'm creating conversation in turn creating opportunities to dissect what peoples responses are.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #85
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't want a runaway to happen. Simple as that. If another vote gets put on chubby after bhlloy that would be a pretty good lead with almost half the votes on him early on. I just didn't want an easy spot for a wolf to vote.

Creating a three way or four way tie makes things interesting as we probably have a wolf in the mix right now and this will be good for dissecting in a few days once we get information.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #86
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I didn't want a runaway to happen. Simple as that.

But that's a different explanation than you made a simple miscalculation. Also, you could've waited to see what happened with the remaining voting before preemptively preventing a 'runaway' that never materialized. If someone jumped on Chunby, you could move your vote at that time and make it 3-3-2. So your explanation doesn't make sense from a couple different perspectives. That doesn't necessarily make you a wolf / sorcerer, but I'm intrigued enough to put a vote down.

Unvote Chubby
Vote Mau
Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #87
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And adding a fourth candidate with only 9 players seems like you are trying to spread things out too much.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #88
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Best we have to go off of now.

UNVOTE JAG
VOTE MAUBOY1
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #89
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I didn't want a runaway to happen. Simple as that. If another vote gets put on chubby after bhlloy that would be a pretty good lead with almost half the votes on him early on. I just didn't want an easy spot for a wolf to vote.

Creating a three way or four way tie makes things interesting as we probably have a wolf in the mix right now and this will be good for dissecting in a few days once we get information.

That makes sense but makes me worried that you & someone not in the mix are the wolves. Add Bhlloy to the group and with 4 candidates you make it pretty unlikely anyone else will join in. Casually stating that it will be good for dissection in a few days dings a few bells as well, as in a few days the game could easily be over. Or we might not have much information. With limited information I think I'm going to have to react more to what people are saying and it sounds like you made a mistake and after a bit of thinking came up with a reasonable explanation. Doesn't mean you're a wolf but I don't have much else to go on but it's an indicator.

I propose that we take you at your word about getting a tie but with you in the mix instead. The (slight) irony of this move isn't lost on me but I'm always up for a bit of intrigue. I won't leave my vote there if no-one follows in the next couple of hours but for now;

Unvote PackerFanatic
Vote mauboy
Old 06-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #90
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #91
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I really need to learn to write less in my posts.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #92
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

lol
Old 06-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #93
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats to jag creating something out of nothing. If and when I live through the day I'll be able to tell you one wolf. I'm not the seer but based on responses from everything today we'll get some good gut reads by me in this game I promise you that.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #94
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
lol

+1
Old 06-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #95
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And I need to learn to stop writing. Period.

Every game I'm a villager I say too much on day one and am thrown up for Lynch. This is just another one of those games I see.

Plenty of time for everyone to change minds again though.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #96
Zinto
College Starter

It is easy to make mountains out of mole hills on day one since we have nothing else to go on. It is unfortunate for Mau and just based on that I am not ready to move my vote to him but I can understand why people would vote for him today.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #97
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I would also suggest to revert your votes back to where they were before voting me to recreate the tie. Leave it at the four candidates and see where it takes us. Web gone completely off my plan here. Jerks. LOL.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #98
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Web-we've
Old 06-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #99
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Congrats to jag creating something out of nothing. If and when I live through the day I'll be able to tell you one wolf. I'm not the seer but based on responses from everything today we'll get some good gut reads by me in this game I promise you that.

Thank you.

But in all seriousness, this game more than any I've played in, I think we really have to dissect posts because it's going to be difficult if even possible to get much use from voting records. So yeah, it's possible I'm reading too much into what you're saying, but then you should blame yourself for not being clear when each lynch is of vital importance and we need something to guide our votes, especially D1 when we have almost nothing to go on.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #100
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

What needs explanation? My miscalculation? Without reviewing the exact vote counts I thought it was worse than it was. And i didn't say there is a runaway I said there wont be a runaway. I was just preventing one which I did. Now there may be a runaway on..too funny.

Keep on talking everyone. I'll find a wolf today.