Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #701
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just finished the PSu interview for Senior Asst. Dir of Res Life. I think I did well, but we'll see.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #703
Telle
College Starter

Well I really hate to pile on, but it does seem like britrock is the most likely suspect at this point. If he comes up good (which I'm rather doubting), I'd say take a look at fontisian tomorrow. She led the way for indicting him, not only with her vote but her analysis.

I kind of have the feeling I'm a likely target for the wolves' night kill tonight. Because, as fontisian stated, I'm "so town". Seems like a smart move to kill the villager most of the other villagers seem to agree is indeed a villager, rather than taking out someone they can talk the village into thinking is a wolf.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #704
Telle
College Starter

vote britrock88
Old 05-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #705
Telle
College Starter

vote britrock88
Old 05-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #706
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Looking at that, it's also notable to me to see stealth/disguise orders - is that explicitly called out in anyone's character description? That's a new one to me

I would think my power is a stealth order--to redirect another player's night power.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #707
britrock88
Pro Starter

I understand why this is a runaway, but I don't like seeing the conversation grind to a halt. I'm telling you, deadline will hit in 6 hours, and everybody but the 1-2 Bad players left will be disappointed.

Don't get lazy! Think about the implications of what I'm saying if it so happens that it turns out to be true!

I'm not concerned much about dying in the sense that Good can likely afford a couple mislynches at this point, and my power is a hard one to use for Good's benefit. But the void of D3 will sting worse when D4 rolls around.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #708
britrock88
Pro Starter

I don't foresee a ton happening in the thread for the rest of the day. And, unfortunately, given my surprise at Autumn turning up bad, and with the confluence of events that at least semi-clear the majority of the remaining players, I don't have a lot of places to recommend the village look come tomorrow.

I do find it's notable that Font has not been around since I showed up in the thread this morning. I also find it notable that JAG has pretty much ridden Font's coattails today (as good as her case for me may look). If Autumn can do so well in impressing a part of the village, so can the other good WW players still around.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #709
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Don't get lazy, says the guy who has done no analysis today...

I was actually going to look back at font earlier today just for the heck of it.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #710
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Explain why you thought Larry Dallas as a role blocker would likely be town. Why would a town captain prioritize that role over the follower role or BG? Especially when it would be just as likely to hit a fellow town member. Why wouldn't evil want to have that role under control to try and stop scans or prevent a night kill from being blocked by seduction?
Old 05-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #711
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Don't get lazy, says the guy who has done no analysis today...

Even though most of you are my village-mates, do I really owe it to you? I've offered a few counter-arguments regarding my own case, but this position is really a catch-22. Self-critique implicates me; self-exoneration implicates me.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:59 PM   #712
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Explain why you thought Larry Dallas as a role blocker would likely be town. Why would a town captain prioritize that role over the follower role or BG? Especially when it would be just as likely to hit a fellow town member. Why wouldn't evil want to have that role under control to try and stop scans or prevent a night kill from being blocked by seduction?

Great question. I kind of interpreted the role-blocker as a corollary to the BG; instead of preventing a NK, the role-blocker could be used to control the powers of an outed Neutral or Bad-adjacent such as a cultist. It's not as powerful as a BG-type, sure; and I suppose the role-blocking is more likely to backfire in a game such as this where most players have roles with powers of some kind. But it was my feeling at the time--I've obviously been caught out since.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #713
britrock88
Pro Starter

Just out of curiosity, I went back to compare Autumn and my descriptions of the roles (comparing yourself to Autumn is a recipe for self-loathing in WW, for sure). Here's Autumn's take on his role:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Larry Dallas - Typical role blocker. Probably not a high priority for wolves.

...and here's my take on mine (let's give me the benefit of the doubt for making an uncontroverted claim):

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Wayne Arnold* - action-redirecter, cunning?; leans Bad

I gave an honest assessment. I thought Wayne Arnold would have been useful to Bad in the same way (and perhaps to even greater effect) that JAG thinks Larry Dallas would have been useful to Bad. Now I just happen to be stuck having bought Autumn's play wholesale and honestly claiming a role that I would have expected to be drafted by Bad. So it goes.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #714
britrock88
Pro Starter

I really regret that I'm going to be the only person in the thread until I'm lynched, everyone's gonna say "Oh, shit!" when they see the result, and you'll be left to search in the shadows for the remaining Bad players--while taking my comments at face value for perhaps the first time.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #715
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm here, I just don't really know where else we are going to go today. There's pretty strong circumstantial evidence that makes almost everyone else other than Tarcone look decent.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #716
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Even though most of you are my village-mates, do I really owe it to you? I've offered a few counter-arguments regarding my own case, but this position is really a catch-22. Self-critique implicates me; self-exoneration implicates me.

If you're a villager who wants to win, then yeah, you should. In your position, I would put out everything I could think of so the rest of the village could look back the next day knowing you were giving an honest assessment.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #717
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm here, I just don't really know where else we are going to go today. There's pretty strong circumstantial evidence that makes almost everyone else other than Tarcone look decent.

You asked Font a question about her wishy-washy claim of the extra vote power that I'm pretty sure is yours. Put some pressure on her to answer you on that.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #718
bhlloy
Coordinator

JAG is an interesting one. The Bud Bundy role is one that is one that you wouldn't have thought a wolf captain would pick, one thing that bugs me is what if the wolf captain could pick players rather than roles? Do we have it confirmed anywhere that the draft was based on roles?

He's been pretty vocal in thread in support of Autumn and his game, what if the master plan was to draft Autumn and JAG (two very strong players) and then have them run misdirection?

I don't feel good about this theory, just throwing stuff out there to start some conversation.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #719
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sorry, the Bud Bundy role isn't one you would think a wolf captain would pick
Old 05-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #720
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you're a villager who wants to win, then yeah, you should. In your position, I would put out everything I could think of so the rest of the village could look back the next day knowing you were giving an honest assessment.

I would prefer to go by the route of vote analysis; that's a little harder to do when a duke steers the lynch result away from the lynch vote. That said, Autumn was a candidate, so...
Old 05-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #721
bhlloy
Coordinator

#553 Autumn comes out in defense of font and mau and makes Abe his vote to push him into the lead, I'm still feeling pretty good about Abe based on yesterday

I think font's game is really really weird. I don't know if that's wolfy or not, but it's definitely different. It's worth noting that she claimed the double vote without revealing a role (which I know is not the case, just in case anyone has really not been paying attention) in error, and the explanation for it was wishy washy and impossible to disprove. I just don't see a wolf being that vocal and all over the place, but it's possible I'm wrong.

Somebody remind me why mau isn't a candidate again? In general, his play style fits the wolf profile more than anyone still participating in the game, even britrock. Very quiet and even when posting very little of substance.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #722
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Voting for Autumn, getting almost voted out D1 by Autumn and Jackal.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #723
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Here bhlloy, from the bottom section of the rules:

Quote:
- The team captains will send a priority list of drafted players (based upon the role names).
Old 05-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #724
britrock88
Pro Starter

D2 voting in a nutshell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Votes as of post #507:
4 fontisian - Autumn (466), cheekimonk (471), britrock88 (481), Abe Sargent (495)
2 mauchow - bllhoy (486), Telle (507)

Remember when the D2 lynch was a 4-1 Font runaway? Seems like ancient history. JAG had voted/unvoted Abe before Telle brought Mau to within 2.

Font shows up in a big way at about 4:30 to show her non-alignment with Jackal. In the next couple hours...

Font votes Abe (4-2-1)
Mau votes Cheeki (4-2-1-1) -- refreshing to see new candidates considered this late in the day )
Bhlloy flips from Mau to Abe (4-2-1-1)
Autumn flips from Font to Abe (3-3-1-1)

In a world with BadFont, it's a pretty nice bus by Autumn if he's able to hang a first vote on an apparent runaway, only to manufacture a tie within 3 hours of lynch.

Mau flips from Cheeki to Autumn (3-3-1-1) -- some interesting messing around behind the leaders. Plus this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
An attempt to get a two person race. I don't believe font should be that 2nd person and obviously I don't want it to be me.

If tarcone is just playing quiet villager, that sucks. If he's playuing quiet wolf well, kudos...i guess.

1) There already was a 2-person race: Abe and Font.
2) Mau was 2 votes off the pace.
3) Isn't the play here to vote Abe?
4) Is this a sneaky way to bus a fellow Bad?

Cheeki flips from Font to Autumn (3-2-2-1)

Your summary as of 8:19pm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Votes as of post 562

3 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554)
2 Autumn - mauchow (557), cheekimonk (562)
2 fontisian - britrock88 (481), Abe Sargent (495)
1 mauchow - Telle (507)

JAG votes Abe (4-2-2-1) at 9:20 -- where's his vote been?
Telle flips from Mau to Autumn (4-3-2) at 9:40

Quote:
Votes as of post 584

4 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554), JAG (572)
3 Autumn - mauchow (557), cheekimonk (562), Telle (584)

...crickets.

Final tally:

Quote:
Final Vote Totals

5 Abe Sargent - fontisian (516), bhlloy (552), Autumn (554), JAG (572)
3 Autumn - mauchow (557), cheekimonk (562), Telle (584)

And let's just assume arguendo that Bad knew the extra vote was stuck on Abe, as I had disclaimed it and Font/Bhlloy were the other possible owners of the power.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #725
fontisian
College Prospect

Brit, do you have a lynch order after you? People you think are town? Reads in general?
Old 05-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #726
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
#553 Autumn comes out in defense of font and mau and makes Abe his vote to push him into the lead, I'm still feeling pretty good about Abe based on yesterday

I think font's game is really really weird. I don't know if that's wolfy or not, but it's definitely different. It's worth noting that she claimed the double vote without revealing a role (which I know is not the case, just in case anyone has really not been paying attention) in error, and the explanation for it was wishy washy and impossible to disprove. I just don't see a wolf being that vocal and all over the place, but it's possible I'm wrong.

Somebody remind me why mau isn't a candidate again? In general, his play style fits the wolf profile more than anyone still participating in the game, even britrock. Very quiet and even when posting very little of substance.
Mau had a very strange interaction on D1 with Jackal if they're partners.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #727
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, went back and read through the vote periods. Feel really good about Mau now

I think Abe, cheeki and Mau are looking pretty good based on voting patterns. Cheeki has claimed the duke role which presumably a wolf captain wouldn't want to choose based on the description, although how incredibly awesome a play would it be for a wolf to duke it to a wolf to build trust?

Telle voted font day 1 and Autumn day 2, but at a time that Abe was well ahead and that vote was never in immediate danger of lynching Autumn so didn't need to move. Not clearing her based on that.

If we think Abe and Mau are good then JAG has been on a villager both days

Finally, font. Her vote got Jackal lynched day 1 but we have no idea if she actually meant it or not. Day 2 she's on a presumed villager. Claimed a power that she didn't have but didn't claim the role. Given how I know I have my power I'm massively skeptical her explanation of that holds water. Had a funny feeling most of the game about her and not getting better with recent events... but still don't think a wolf is that brazen, loud and forward. Started the run on Abe day 2 and britrock day 3 (worth noting that I followed her as the second both times)
Old 05-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #728
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Brit, do you have a lynch order after you? People you think are town? Reads in general?

++: Abe, Cheeki
+: Bhlloy, Telle
=: Font (I think you're Terri)
-: JAG, Mau
null: Tarc

You have questions outstanding.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #729
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Here bhlloy, from the bottom section of the rules:

Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #730
fontisian
College Prospect

Will get to the questions soon.tm.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #731
bhlloy
Coordinator

Stepping away for an hour or so to run a few errands
Old 05-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #732
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think if the game isn't over by tomorrow my two to look at next would be tarcone (completely wasted day, but might as well get him gone) and font
Old 05-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #733
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I rarely post anything of substance, never have probably never Will! My game consists of reads and gut feelings.

I'm not piling on brit. Someone has to die and his pleas are as any wolf would do but I'm getting a small vibe of townie.

Who to make #2? Font? Bhlloy?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #734
britrock88
Pro Starter

++: Bhlloy, Cheeki
+: Abe, Telle
=: Mau
-: JAG, Font

A few edits. Would really like Cheeki to take a leading role, if possible.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #735
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
I rarely post anything of substance, never have probably never Will! My game consists of reads and gut feelings.

I'm not piling on brit. Someone has to die and his pleas are as any wolf would do but I'm getting a small vibe of townie.

Who to make #2? Font? Bhlloy?

Why wouldn't you consider JAG who already has a vote (and you could actually push as a #2)?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #736
fontisian
College Prospect

EF, if you need a replacement for tarc, I can pressure someone into doing it.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #737
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

'bout to head out and do some shopping. Should be back in 90 minutes or so.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #738
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dola

I don't know that I ever recall the village going 1-2-3 with wolves on D1-3, so here's hoping!

Old 05-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #739
fontisian
College Prospect

Um, I think I should be clear from the way Autumn treated me. So, Day 1, he pointed out an inconsistency and voted for Jackal, and this eventually killed Jackal, even though Autumn moved to save him at the end. Autumn's a smart guy, and he wouldn't start the next day by trying the same play with his other teammate and potentially killing them as well. Also, autumn put a lot more effort into calling me a wolf d2 than he did for Jackal d1.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #740
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 699

6 britrock88 - fontisian (635), bhlloy (648), JAG (656), cheekimonk (662), Abe Sargent (695), Telle (705)
1 JAG - britrock88 (679)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:41 PM   #741
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back! Should be getting some good lasagna eats in a few minutes

Old 05-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #742
fontisian
College Prospect

I had an awesome pizza earlier.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #743
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote jag
Old 05-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #744
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

With the ruunaway on brit, should we test theory on double vote? I'll switch over to brit if it's the consensus and have don't move over TO a random person w out votes cast on if we believe she's a double vote?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #745
bhlloy
Coordinator

No, we know who has the double vote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #746
fontisian
College Prospect

Bhlloy has it, yeah.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #747
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of post 646

6 britrock88 - fontisian (635), bhlloy (648), JAG (656), cheekimonk (662), Abe Sargent (695), Telle (705)
2 JAG - britrock88 (679), mauchow (743)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #748
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
++: Bhlloy, Cheeki
+: Abe, Telle
=: Mau
-: JAG, Font

A few edits. Would really like Cheeki to take a leading role, if possible.

Alright, D3 looks decided so let's tee up D4...
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #749
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

unvote brit
vote font
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #750
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Font-dont