Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #301
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
ooc: the rules indicate that team sabotage "will be known publicly." Can the powers that be tell us whether that means the identity of the traitor is known, or just that the mission was sabotaged? I expect the former if anyone survives the mission.

That I will have to get back to you on.

BTW, if you have PMed a question today and NOT gotten a response it is because I'm not completely certain of the answer and am uncomfortable making the call by myself. This will get easier as the game goes on, so bear with me for today
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #302
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
I have to say, this whole team thing has me a bit perplexed. While I definitely think we should be trying to take advantage of team bonuses and what not, actions that are detrimental to the village which are done as a result of team stuff will definitely get my attention -- and quickly.

I also see the benefit of smaller teams as suggested earlier.

I'm all for people banding together and showing off. Show off the wrong way and we can all roast marshmallows over the rebel.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #303
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
The "plan" which you are proposing gives all traitors an easy out for the first attack. We learn nothing of their ties by doing this. What bothers me even more would be someone who would so quickly agree to this plan of attack, too quickly in my opinion.

While I saw little merit in the initial plan put forth by Ms. Frost, I also did not see it gain any traction. I think you're, in effect, trying to board a ship which sailed days ago. Or burn a ship, play the analogy any way you like.

In any case, though I thought her original idea was flawed at best, and distracting at worst, I've since found her input to be thoughtful and thought provoking.

You, Aardwolf, have not made the same impression on me. Coming from out of nowhere to advocate randomly attacking each other with full power?

Should the Hulk and Doctor Strange obliterate Professor X and Nick Fury, as I'm sure they might be able to, in a single blow and without any reason? Honestly, you might be wise to restate your intent, or perhaps to remain silent so as not to bring further unwanted attention onto your absurdities.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #304
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
And if you join a team as the first member and then no one else joins after you, that's fine. We'll just laugh at you. :P

[ ooc - I can only surmise this is directed at me - ]
Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #305
HenryPym
Mascot

OOC: You might want to change the time zone of your profile to the time zone you are actually in in order to avoid unnecessary embarassment at lynch time. I wondered why I hadn't seen any new posts in 2 hours...
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #306
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
I'm all for people banding together and showing off. Show off the wrong way and we can all roast marshmallows over the rebel.

And yes, I agree, I'm just wanting to prevent the wrong-doing before we let it happen. I don't think this is a game the village will win by being passive.

I think we have 30 people and a 5 man team should go here. Too many and I think any saboteurs get lost in the shuffle. Too few and we risk not successfully completing the mission. Not that I know 5 is some ideal number, but it seems right if the team is constructed well.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #307
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
INVITE JEAN GREY TEAM BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

Join Brotherhood of Mutants

Who is on the team right now?
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #308
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

[IAOOCAC] (in and out of character and consciousness)
I need some sleep. I may or may not wake up again by the mission deadline. In the end, I'm good with what the group decides, but I'm watching carefully
[/IAOOCAC]
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #309
Quicksilver
n00b

JOIN TEAM BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #310
Jewel
n00b

Looks like you need to be a mutant or have ties to God to be a group. Luckily, I've been pretty solo in my life.
Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #311
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
Looks like you need to be a mutant or have ties to God to be a group. Luckily, I've been pretty solo in my life.

Like I said, anybody is welcome to join our group. Although I have specifically sent named those known as religious, I'll invite anyone to the group, so if you want to be in, you can be in! Besides, we are fellow Avengers and fellow women superheroes in a genre where women are rare, so if you want to join a team with another woman and a fellow Avenger, we'd be happy to have you.

Im leaving for a few hours for dinner and such. Be back after that!

-Firebird
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #312
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
While it might have been lucky before, it might not be so now. Please you are welcome, amongst us all, as we fight the threats.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #313
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I think you will need the power of Mimic on this mission. I shall join you to capture this mutant.
While Charles may forget how I sacrificed for him in the past, I would hope that the other mutants would remember what I have done for mutantkind and invite me to join the Brotherhood.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #314
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
[ooc - In case I fouled up the teaming up process, and also to alter the name, in case Surfer chooses not to lead our team:

INVITE HULK TO TEAM "STRIKE SQUAD"

INVITE MR. FANTASTIC TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE MAGNETO TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE SIVER SURFER TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

/ooc]

I would be more than happy to join this team and very eager to once again deal with Galactus as I have done in the past. I also would have no problems if any of the other members of the Fantastic Four are around that wanted to assist. They have been very trustworthy in the past.

JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #315
SilverSurfer
Mascot

I shall join the team for now pending further developments.

JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #316
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Welcome, Prelate Jean. By my count, we have you, myself, Professor X, Colossus and Quicksilver. Invitations have been extended to Emma Frost and my daughter, Scarlet Witch.

I have personal matters to attend to for the next few hours. I will return around 10 PM EST.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #317
hoopsguy
General Manager

Catching up on PMs now. If there are in-game questions in the forum that neither I nor Tyrith have addressed please ask in the next 30 minutes or so while I'm here. Should be on for the duration tonight after 8PM (CST). Thanks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #318
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I am honored to take the fight to Galactus alongside Mr. Fantastic and the Silver Surfer.

Hulk and Magneto, I sincerely hope that you, or perhaps others of similar ability to deal damage, such as Kang, Doom, or the good Doctor Strange, might show interest.

For reasons enunciated by Purdue Br-- err, Ghost Rider, I desire at this time to limit the team to five.

Subject, of course to Prelate Surfer's preference.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #319
Beast
n00b

As I have now fully resolved my inner perplexation at the situation we have found ourselves in, I have noted what I perceive are some interesting patterns developing.

Certain members of our commune are taking rather extensive means to ingratiate themselves to the perceived leaders of said commune, as opposed to paying the due amount of respect to those whom are actualy seated in positions of power. While I am far from disputing the power and authority of both Magneto and the Professor, the deference paid to them and their ideas while having had little or no guidance and input provided by the Prelature is, in my humble (though hardly unqualified) opinion, a subtle form of disobediance towards our Lord Apocolypse.

However, I do not fault Magneto and Charles for this per se, but more, I find the actions of those who seem overanxious to ally themselves with those with a reputation for leadership to be the more suspicious.

It would appear to me that in this particular arena Charles and Eric have no more jurisdiction over our actions than anyone else, and blindly following them into action could prove as detrimental as attacking Galactus unaided.

Further, I have considered the prospect of individually attacking one of our fellow Disciples with a minimum of force to be illogical. First, we have no knowledge of each others abilities other than the preconceptions of our previous encounters. Mutation is a constantly evloving condition, of which I am living proof. The ability to secretly amplify or transfer damage could be possessed by any number of our thirty. I think it is an extremely dangerous proposition to request a minimum damage be affected on all of us, giving opportunity for the traitors to ambush some who may be perceived as weaker of fortitude.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #320
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[ ooc - that was a very Beast-like post. Kudos! ]
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #321
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
As I have now fully resolved my inner perplexation at the situation we have found ourselves in, I have noted what I perceive are some interesting patterns developing.

Certain members of our commune are taking rather extensive means to ingratiate themselves to the perceived leaders of said commune, as opposed to paying the due amount of respect to those whom are actualy seated in positions of power. While I am far from disputing the power and authority of both Magneto and the Professor, the deference paid to them and their ideas while having had little or no guidance and input provided by the Prelature is, in my humble (though hardly unqualified) opinion, a subtle form of disobediance towards our Lord Apocolypse.

However, I do not fault Magneto and Charles for this per se, but more, I find the actions of those who seem overanxious to ally themselves with those with a reputation for leadership to be the more suspicious.

It would appear to me that in this particular arena Charles and Eric have no more jurisdiction over our actions than anyone else, and blindly following them into action could prove as detrimental as attacking Galactus unaided.

Further, I have considered the prospect of individually attacking one of our fellow Disciples with a minimum of force to be illogical. First, we have no knowledge of each others abilities other than the preconceptions of our previous encounters. Mutation is a constantly evloving condition, of which I am living proof. The ability to secretly amplify or transfer damage could be possessed by any number of our thirty. I think it is an extremely dangerous proposition to request a minimum damage be affected on all of us, giving opportunity for the traitors to ambush some who may be perceived as weaker of fortitude.

A highly rational and well thought out statement, as I would expect from you. Very inightful.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #322
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Beast, do not mistake lively discourse with active members of our cadre with deference.

Erik and Charles are valued among us, and I deem it wise to seek their opinion on such matters, remembering always that their allegience, while implied, is not yet proven.

Perhaps the noble Beast would garner such respect as well were he more engaged himself?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #323
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, caught up on PMs. Note - if you are participating in either the Mission or Galactus then you should PM me the amount of energy to spend. If there is no amount of energy included in the PM I will assume it is one energy.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #324
hoopsguy
General Manager

BTW, sorry for a couple of cases where Tyrith and I gave somewhat conflicting information. If there are questions/clarifications needed please follow up with us. I anticipate this will operate a little more smoothly for the remainder of this week, at least.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #325
Nightcrawler
n00b

As my friend Firebird has said, do not mistake us to be honed only on religion, nor is it a neccesity of the Brethren. Merely it was a way for us to connect in the first place. I agree that we should not have too many large teams, and it seems there will be some loners who prefer to work alone at all times, which is understandable. it would benefit us to complement our strengths so as to build a coherent and capable team - I would be most pleased to see others join, and I second the invitation to you, fair witch.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #326
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

And, lest any mistake the reality of our situation, my allegiance is to Apocaplyse, and I accord respect to his five prelates as is appropriate to their station.

Do not forget, though, that the event that brought us together was the murder of the First Prelate - Silver Surfer's predecessor! Our Prelates, elevated though they might be, and worthy of obedience, are tools in the hands of our lord Apocalypse, as are we all.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #327
Nightcrawler
n00b

To you as well Jewel - I do not shudder at the thought of working with a group of such enchanting specimens, if you'll excuse my forwardness, ladies.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #328
Hulk
n00b

Quote:
[ooc - In case I fouled up the teaming up process, and also to alter the name, in case Surfer chooses not to lead our team:

INVITE HULK TO TEAM "STRIKE SQUAD"

INVITE MR. FANTASTIC TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE MAGNETO TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

INVITE SIVER SURFER TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

/ooc]

HULK JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD !!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #329
Gambit.
n00b

Gambit checking in. I'll be with my cards down at di bayou waitin for ju.
Gambit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #330
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Not so, my daughter. You are never forgotten.

I'm sorry I missed that.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #331
Colossus
n00b

Beast, do not confuse deference with allegiance. Lord Apocolypse knows the difference very well. Following the leads of Magneto and the Professor does not link in any way to disobedience to our lord and master. In fact, by allowing Eric and Charles to take the leads in getting things moving we are in fact souuprting Apocolyps' directives to handle the situations that arise which would or could slow down his empire's growth.

Fomenting distrust and creating doubt where there is none yet to be found on the other hand. That could indeed be counterproductive.

I do though grow tired of all the yammering about. Post the rosters of the teams, let us get on with our missions.

Too much talk, to little action.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #332
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

The Nick Cage side of me is coming through..."A little less talk, a little more action!"
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #333
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Welcome, my surly green friend. Look skyward to the foe on which you can unleash your boundless rage.

Barring any veto from the Silver Surfer, or any desire to talk it over first from Reed or *ahem* the Hulk, I'd like to extend a formal invitation to the following beings:
  • Colossus
  • Henry Pym
  • Kang the Conqueror
  • Dr. Doom
  • Doctor Strange
  • Human Torch
Note, though, that unless our team decides otherwise, we'll be unofficially capping the membership at five, so really it's a matter of first come first served.

Also, the dialogue with Charles being fresh in my mind, I'd like to state again that exclusion from this list should not be construed as a slight, nor at this point an indication of mistrust. It is only my initial attempt to gather a team with a skillset focussed on this particular job at hand.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #334
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Beast, do not confuse deference with allegiance. Lord Apocolypse knows the difference very well. Following the leads of Magneto and the Professor does not link in any way to disobedience to our lord and master. In fact, by allowing Eric and Charles to take the leads in getting things moving we are in fact souuprting Apocolyps' directives to handle the situations that arise which would or could slow down his empire's growth.

Fomenting distrust and creating doubt where there is none yet to be found on the other hand. That could indeed be counterproductive.

I do though grow tired of all the yammering about. Post the rosters of the teams, let us get on with our missions.

Too much talk, to little action.

I am not questioning the concept of your allegience to Apocalypse, simply your wisdom in following Charles or Eric so blindly at this point in our combined endeavor. I am merely suggesting a more cautious course of action since we do not know the true intentions of anyone. Failing to hold some doubt where prudence demands some would be equally, if not more counterproductive.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #335
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I am not questioning the concept of your allegience to Apocalypse, simply your wisdom in following Charles or Eric so blindly at this point in our combined endeavor. I am merely suggesting a more cautious course of action since we do not know the true intentions of anyone. Failing to hold some doubt where prudence demands some would be equally, if not more counterproductive.

And pray tell, Dr. McCoy, what would your proposed course of action be at this point? Remember that inaction is our enemy.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #336
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[ ooc - Drat, forgot android voice again! ]
Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #337
DrStrange
n00b

I am available should services be required of me, in service of the prelates and Apocalypse...
DrStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #338
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

My meeting with sources inside the human resistance went well. I feel they are the verge of collapse and will continue to apply pressure from the inside. I am continuing to take them down from the inside.

Under Apocalypse rule I am reforming the organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. This organization will confront the human and superhuman threats to our new world order. S.H.I.E.L.D will be the forefront espionage and law enforcement agency for lord Apocalypse.

Our agency is predominantly filled with agents who are normal humans loyal to Apocalypse, but we are opening a new mutant division. If any of you are interesting in forming a small team for this division, let me know. You will operate as a self contained division for the most part, only having to report to myself and thus Lord Apocalypse if there is a need for intervention.

Create Team S.H.I.E.L.D.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #339
Firebird
n00b

I think everyone but Iron fist has checked in. Is that correct?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #340
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
While Charles may forget how I sacrificed for him in the past, I would hope that the other mutants would remember what I have done for mutantkind and invite me to join the Brotherhood.

I have not forgotten Calvin. I could never have forgotten the sacrifices you made in the past on behalf of the X-Men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit. View Post
Gambit checking in. I'll be with my cards down at di bayou waitin for ju.

Remy my old friend - good to see you!
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #341
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

The input from Nick Fury intrigues me. I do not know how much of what he says we can take at face value, but he certainly seems to have a great deal of involvement with the goings-on of our world.

I'm interested, though with the way he has seemingly implied that he has direct-line authority to Lord Apocalypse himself, bypassing our master's chosen prelates.

Nick, I'd like to hear more about this "authority" to recreate team S.H.I.E.L.D., and exactly how the reporting structure would work. I know I haven't, nor has anyone else publicly, gotten any sort of authorization of this sort in my instructions from above.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #342
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
I think everyone but Iron fist has checked in. Is that correct?

Nor has Victor von Doom.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #343
Beast
n00b

Quote:
And pray tell, Dr. McCoy, what would your proposed course of action be at this point? Remember that inaction is our enemy.

I agree that inaction works in direct contrast to what we need to achieve in our current endeavor. I am merely suggesting that prudence take precedent over haste, or at least blind faith. By following Charles or Eric, our brethren could be entering an untenable situation.

I concur that we should act, and at this point, rallying to their banner is no more fraught with uncertainty than rallying to anyone elses.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #344
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I am not a prelate nor do I have the power that they do. I, like the others here do not have the consent of Lord Apocalypse in forming a new organization. What I have always had and will have is results. I have and will continue to demonstrate my loyalty by helping to bring down the resistance and find and kill those who are treacherous to our lord. The resistance is close to crumbling and it's time to rock and roll and bring them down.

I'm not going to sit around drinking a Dr. Pepper while these traitors run free.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #345
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

And of course I will accept whatever discipline Lord Apocalypse feels necessary if he disagrees with the reforming of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #346
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] Tyrith - query: can prelates be members of the rebellion? or by someone being a prelate does that imply that they are cleared of being a potential member of the rebellion? [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #347
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc) Earlier Hoopsguy said a member of the prelate could be a member of the rebellion.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #348
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
[ooc] Tyrith - query: can prelates be members of the rebellion? or by someone being a prelate does that imply that they are cleared of being a potential member of the rebellion? [/ooc]

"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
After reading through the rules, Hoopsguy are all of the prelates assumed to be good? Can only good guys be added as Prelates later if one dies? I either missed where that is covered in the rules or it was not mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
All of the Prelates are assumed to be good, in the same way that everyone in the game is presumed to be good As in, be careful what you assume. Remember, the game started with a Prelate (Moon Knight) being captured.

Adding Prelates - the people with the power to name Prelates have the information on how this works in the event of a death. I'll leave it up to them to share those details if they so desire.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #349
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] thanks for the catch up guys [/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #350
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Welcome, my surly green friend. Look skyward to the foe on which you can unleash your boundless rage.

Barring any veto from the Silver Surfer, or any desire to talk it over first from Reed or *ahem* the Hulk, I'd like to extend a formal invitation to the following beings:
  • Colossus
  • Henry Pym
  • Kang the Conqueror
  • Dr. Doom
  • Doctor Strange
  • Human Torch
Note, though, that unless our team decides otherwise, we'll be unofficially capping the membership at five, so really it's a matter of first come first served.

Also, the dialogue with Charles being fresh in my mind, I'd like to state again that exclusion from this list should not be construed as a slight, nor at this point an indication of mistrust. It is only my initial attempt to gather a team with a skillset focussed on this particular job at hand.

Aw heck, somebody has to make sure Reed doesn't get himself in too much trouble.

Join team Strike Squad
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote