Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #351
ProfessorX
Mascot

I do not claim to have any particular authority, or insight - indeed I would discourage anybody from joining me for these reasons. I simply have taken action to ensure that action is being taken.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #352
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
Aw heck, somebody has to make sure Reed doesn't get himself in too much trouble.

Join team Strike Squad

Very appropriate since you were once, for a brief time, a Herald of Galactus.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #353
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I am not questioning the concept of your allegience to Apocalypse, simply your wisdom in following Charles or Eric so blindly at this point in our combined endeavor.

You have a valid point, and one that I am practicing. Two things. It is my belief that the last thing one who is a traitor trying to blend in would do is to purposely sabotage a mission. And Galactus is a problem we all face, no matter our alliegances.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #354
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
You have a valid point, and one that I am practicing. Two things. It is my belief that the last thing one who is a traitor trying to blend in would do is to purposely sabotage a mission. And Galactus is a problem we all face, no matter our alliegances.

I agree with the Surfer here - and I would ask those who are rebels to note this as well - it is not in their interest anymore than it is in ours to sabotage missions against Galactacus - indeed it is in their interest to assist us with those missions.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #355
SilverSurfer
Mascot

I will lead a mission to Galactus, and will take the following four Strike Squad members as well: Vision, Hulk, Mr. Fantastic and Human Torch.

PRELATE SILVER SURFER ORDERS GALACTUS MISSION FOR HIMSELF, VISION, HULK, MR. FANTASTIC AND HUMAN TORCH.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #356
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I will lead a mission to Galactus, and will take the following four Strike Squad members as well: Vision, Hulk, Mr. Fantastic and Human Torch.

PRELATE SILVER SURFER ORDERS GALACTUS MISSION FOR HIMSELF, VISION, HULK, MR. FANTASTIC AND HUMAN TORCH.

Kick some ass and don't worry about taking names
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #357
Hulk
n00b

IT'S CLOB.........UH.........SMASH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #358
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
ooc: the rules indicate that team sabotage "will be known publicly." Can the powers that be tell us whether that means the identity of the traitor is known, or just that the mission was sabotaged? I expect the former if anyone survives the mission.

OOC: This question of our moderators remains.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #359
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Very appropriate since you were once, for a brief time, a Herald of Galactus.

A what?
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #360
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

A messenger
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #361
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I agree that inaction works in direct contrast to what we need to achieve in our current endeavor. I am merely suggesting that prudence take precedent over haste, or at least blind faith. By following Charles or Eric, our brethren could be entering an untenable situation.

I concur that we should act, and at this point, rallying to their banner is no more fraught with uncertainty than rallying to anyone elses.

Prudence should take precedence over haste. This statement would have made more sense, at, say 10 AM this morning. But I cannot argue in its inherent truth.

But as the mission deadline is at 5 AM CST and I must rest before striking out. Without a countermanding order from Apocalypse or our Prelates, now is time for action.

Limiting the team to 4 or 5 members seems wise, so I would suggest we keep it to that.

Emma Frost has commited, so the team has one telepath.
Magneto Commits to Mission to Recover Mutant Telepath

Charles, you and Prelate Jean Grey need to decide amongst yourselves who will accompany us. We have all generally agreed that at least one of our greatest telepaths should remain behind. I leave that decision to you and your greatest pupil.

Colossus, your strength would be welcome, and likely necessary should we meet some opposition.

My son, Quicksilver, has sought to join us, and his unusual powers may well be useful. His sister would be most valuable as well, should he wish to defer to her.

These latter points are my suggestions only. And in all things, I defer to the will of our Lord Apocalypse and our Prelates.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #362
ProfessorX
Mascot

Eric - I will discuss with Jean - although with someone the ability of Emma and with yourself, perhaps two of the Colossus/Quicksilver/your dear daughter would be a more appropriate combination. I don't know that if we necessarily need to send Emma AND another telepath - although I will discuss it with Jean.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #363
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Officially, you can only compel one person to participate in the mission. You certainly have the option to suggest, and even strongly suggest participation. But the issuing of an order to an individual commits them to the mission and inhibits them from taking any other special action. That is limited to one person per day per Prelate.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM   #364
Apocolypse
n00b

We are back and see that a Galactus battalion has already been formed and a group is being formed to find this addition to our subjects. We are pleased so far with your discussions.
Apocolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #365
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sabotage = public reveal of the saboteur.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #366
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I don't know how useful I'll be, but I'll do what I can to help.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #367
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
I agree that inaction works in direct contrast to what we need to achieve in our current endeavor. I am merely suggesting that prudence take precedent over haste, or at least blind faith. By following Charles or Eric, our brethren could be entering an untenable situation.

I concur that we should act, and at this point, rallying to their banner is no more fraught with uncertainty than rallying to anyone elses.

Well said Beast, but neither would our lord Apocalypse want us to be mindless cows chewing grass in the pasture, waiting for he or his prelates to give us our orders. He expects us I'm sure to organize ourselves to the best of our abilities and be ready to act when He requires it. It is only natural then to listen to those who have shown a natural talent for leadership and organization such as Xavier and Magneto. Of course they shall be watched as we all shall be, but there must be some level of trust and organization amongst us or there will only be chaos and failure. And we know what the cost of failure will be for us.

Now then I trust you heard Mr. Fantastic's earlier thoughts on creating a team of a more cerebral bent? If he is still interested in such a team, surely you would be a good addition to it with your fine work in genetics and medicine. Would you be interested in joining such a team?
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #368
Apocolypse
n00b

We suggest Xavier's involvement with the hunting of the mutant, as he has had oppurtunity to find mutants in the past.Emma Frost and Magneto make fine additions to that team. and the other possibilities look like a formidable team.
Apocolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #369
Quicksilver
n00b

I am committed to finding the rogue mutant, I will do whatever my lord Apocolypse demands!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #370
Firebird
n00b

I think it is best if we have two teams go after the mutant. That way, in case there is sabotage against one team, there is a back up team. Im not sure we'd have sabotage on the galactus team since both sides want Galactus out of the picture. But I do think we'd need it on this mission.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #371
ProfessorX
Mascot

That is a good suggestion Firebird - but I think perhaps maybe we keep it for later missions rather than this one?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #372
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
I think it is best if we have two teams go after the mutant. That way, in case there is sabotage against one team, there is a back up team. Im not sure we'd have sabotage on the galactus team since both sides want Galactus out of the picture. But I do think we'd need it on this mission.

This is a damn good idea. I don't think we'll be allowed to send 2 teams though.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #373
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Sabotage = public reveal of the saboteur.

The price of sabotage is clearly quite high, as I am sure any revealed saboteur would have difficulty in surviving the day. Because of this, I am not sure that a second team is necessary for the recovery of a single mutant, even one with the powers that this one may have.

Since members of the mission I am undertaking at my Lord's command will be using more energy then most others, I do not believe that anyone will want to enter into missions on consecutive days without a compelling need.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #374
Tyrith
College Starter

The way the missions work, in terms of who goes:

Whoever wants to go on the mission needs to post in the thread that they're going. Any number of people can go, regardless of team affiliation, but remember, it does use up your special ability for this day/night cycle. Then PM us with the amount of energy you are going to spend on the mission - if you do not send a PM it is assumed you are spending 1 energy.

The same rules apply for going after Galactus each day, it is just a distinct mission.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #375
Tyrith
College Starter

Further comment on mission requirements - you are highly encouraged to post in the thread you are going, although it is not mandatory. However, everyone who goes on the mission will be listed in the mission write-up, so you're not fooling anyone.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #376
Colossus
n00b

I have already committed to the Mutant recovery Mission.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #377
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
Now then I trust you heard Mr. Fantastic's earlier thoughts on creating a team of a more cerebral bent? If he is still interested in such a team, surely you would be a good addition to it with your fine work in genetics and medicine. Would you be interested in joining such a team?

As I have previously stated, I would be amenable to functioning in whatever role my unique abilites would best serve Apocalypse. I must make whatever choice takes the fullest advantage of my capabilities.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #378
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
This is a damn good idea. I don't think we'll be allowed to send 2 teams though.

Looks like we can after all
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #379
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Looks like we can after all

I don't think it means that there can be more than 1 attempt at each mission. I think everyone energy counts towards the same attempt. GMs, please confirm this.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #380
Cable
Mascot

Firebird, maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #381
hoopsguy
General Manager

Deadline for Galactus mission will be 3PM tomorrow afternoon. Post #2 will include a list of all dates/times for Mission and Galactus actions, in addition to Lynch/Night results.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #382
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I don't think it means that there can be more than 1 attempt at each mission. I think everyone energy counts towards the same attempt. GMs, please confirm this.

Yup. At the mission deadline everyone who is signed up will go on the mission together.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #383
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

One mission - all energy counts towards it. Risk/reward associated with the missions cannot be compartmentalized.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #384
Firebird
n00b

GMS If there is sabotage on a team for a mission, does it affect just that team, or everybody on that mission?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #385
hoopsguy
General Manager

Incorrect answer: Everyone on the Mission, since there is only one team for a Mission.

Correct answer: Everyone on the team of the saboteur, not everyone on the Mission.

Was corrected from being dumb by my co-moderator, who pointed out that not all Missions will involve everyone forming a team together prior to Mission. That, plus conversations around "split Mission" ... bottom line, follow the "Correct answer"

Last edited by hoopsguy : 10-06-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: to avoid giving bad info
Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #386
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] is anyone else worried that we're not sending enough people on the mission? it's a slight worry of mine...[/ooc]
Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #387
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Officially, you can only compel one person to participate in the mission. You certainly have the option to suggest, and even strongly suggest participation. But the issuing of an order to an individual commits them to the mission and inhibits them from taking any other special action. That is limited to one person per day per Prelate.

I shall resubmit the order after the clarification you received.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #388
Mimic
High School JV

I am caught up on the happenings and I am troubled that neither Magneto nor Professor X would accept my offer to go on the mutant mission. I am suspicious of their actions so

I order The Beast to go with them.

I trust Hank McCoy will be able to find any untrustworthy individuals on the mission, although I hope this is not the case.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #389
ProfessorX
Mascot

Mimic - I believe Eric is going on the mission, and I believe that Jean will go - although I hope to discuss it with her first.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #390
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Mimic - I believe Eric is going on the mission, and I believe that Jean will go - although I hope to discuss it with her first.
Although I could've ordered Jean to go, I chose Hank since it seems as if he is suspicious of you two. I will watch you closely as I do Lord Apocalypse's will.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #391
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Fellow prelates, bear in mind that to order another will negate their special action for the day. I was not aware of this.

As a result, my previous order was not valid and as such is revoked by me. I shall still undertake a mission to Galactus, and would like the people originally named from Strike Squad to join me. I will not compel anyone at this time however, they must volunteer on their own volition.

SILVER SURFER LEADS GALACTUS MISSION
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #392
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I am caught up on the happenings and I am troubled that neither Magneto nor Professor X would accept my offer to go on the mutant mission. I am suspicious of their actions so

I order The Beast to go with them.

I trust Hank McCoy will be able to find any untrustworthy individuals on the mission, although I hope this is not the case.

I am both flattered and surprised that the Second Prelate would think it my place to deny him a place in the mission. It was yours to lead, had you wanted.

Dr. McCoy, we leave at 5 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 PM   #393
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

With that, I must rest before the mission begins.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #394
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
With that, I must rest before the mission begins.

Wimp
Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #395
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Fellow prelates, bear in mind that to order another will negate their special action for the day. I was not aware of this.

As a result, my previous order was not valid and as such is revoked by me. I shall still undertake a mission to Galactus, and would like the people originally named from Strike Squad to join me. I will not compel anyone at this time however, they must volunteer on their own volition.

SILVER SURFER LEADS GALACTUS MISSION

I will be happy to try to help defeat Galactus once more. I fear though in such an early confrontation that I might not be as prepared to confront him today as I will be in future encounters, but I think by taking him head on, we will be able to gain an idea of what type of power we are facing here and better understand what resources it will take to properly defeat him.

Mr. Fantastic joins Galactus Mission
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #396
Firebird
n00b

Well, I'll go even though I'm not really on a big team yet. Nightcvrawler, I just want to have an extra person or two on teh mutant mission, I am not expecting you to neessary go with me, although you are welcome to if you want to.

Go on Mutant Finding Expetition
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #397
ProfessorX
Mascot

I believe that Jean has committed to the mutant-recovery mission as well, although I hope to have conversations with her before that mission, if she will be around. I will be checking the thread for several hours still
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #398
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

A great and mighty assemblage indeed. May we strike a blow to shake the very foundation of his all-consuming lust for destruction.

And, welcome aboard, Johnny Storm. Your fierce and potent power may tip the balance in our endeavor.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #399
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Perhaps you'd like to rethink your current tack of seeking to limit the scope of our First Prelate's options...

*Taps Hulk on the shoulder and gestures menacingly at hoopsguy*

j/k, I kid!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #400
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I tend to agree. While this does seem a good idea, it is my impression that whoever is going on the mission, however many they might be, are all essentially on the same... "team". Not team in the formal sense, understand, but I mean that they are all working together, excepting the possibility of sabotage of course.

It is certainly an excellent suggestion, and if disallowed at this juncture, still we may encounter a circumstance in which we might make use of just such a strategy.