Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #101
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Traffic is a bitch. Counting votes now... but yeah, you know what's going on. Write up coming soon.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #102
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
lol, thnx for the support qwik...oh well, since if no one changes they will find out anyways, i might as well try to save my power for another night...

Guys, im the bloody DUKE...ive been hinting at it until i saw qwikshot vote where its over barring you guys understanding this...i will use my power if the vote stays course, and you dont want me to waste my power this early in the game...if you guys listen, i request that the officer protect me tonight since if i survive the day im getting attacked tonight....if not, i hope the guy we all know im targeting is bad and you guys can win...

If you want me to post my job role i will, but dont kill me this soon...

If you are the duke and you want to kill me have fun with it. I won't reveal the role of another good player without there wish. If "my brother" were to be in trouble in a vote I would confess at that time. However at this time I do believe it is past the voting dealine(a half hour ago I believe? Someone else may need to confirm, I'm in Indiana.)
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #103
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sorry I haven't been around today, but I'm home with my daughter and have been playing around outside and stuff.

Looks like I'm toast again.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #104
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
If you are the duke and you want to kill me have fun with it. I won't reveal the role of another good player without there wish. If "my brother" were to be in trouble in a vote I would confess at that time. However at this time I do believe it is past the voting dealine(a half hour ago I believe? Someone else may need to confirm, I'm in Indiana.)
Yeah, 8:30 EST is 9:30 EDT. And 8:30 CDT is 9:30 EDT. That should cover the two time zone possibilities.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #105
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Blade, I'm sorry, I sure didn't catch your hint there. I thought the vote was pretty settled, but I could have maybe created a tie.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #106
Blade6119
Coordinator

fyi, maybe this will teach you guys not to vote just because you think someone is always bad(schmidty and i)...last game you guys did it when i was good and stopped when i turned, this time im the duke and you guys do it again...you guys shoot yourselves in the vote...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #107
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Vote Results:
Blade (5) - KevinNU7, George W Bush, dubb93, Eaglesfan27, MrBug708
Schmidty (4) - Ardent Enthusiast, SnDvls, KWhit, Blade6119
Ardent Enthusiast (2) - Superman=#54, henry296
KWhit (1) - kingfc22
Qwikshot (1) - Mr. Wednesday

No Votes: Schmidty, Qwikshot (late vote)

As the day ends, you gather around Blade6119, throwing question after question at him, claiming him to be some kind of mobster. Blade is quick to defend himself saying that he could not be a mobster since he is the Regional Magistrate of this region. He reveals the seal of the Italian Parliament, and you know that the is undoubtedly speaking the truth. Blade turns towards Dubb93.

"You, however, are a highly dubious character... and I certainly don't buy your act! Throw him down the well!!!"

Dubb93 is quickly bound by the frenzied lot. He screams in protest... "Brother! Help me! Brother!" He is made silent by a swift blow to the nape with a jagged rock. You throw him down the well, and hear a small splash... a bit of thrashing, ad then silence.

Everyone rushes into Dubb93's room. You look at his things, and see nothing of note. There is, however, a picture of two children standing side by side... memories of better times?

Dubb93 was a Villager, and one of the two Brothers!

You head into the night, unsure of what is to come. You do know that the Mafia are all well and alive... and that they can strike anyone at any time.

Night 1 has begun, please send your actions (Mafia, Cops, Serial Killer and Seer-types) before 9 AM tommorow (the sooner, the better)

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-02-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #108
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wow. That's a crazy set of events to start things off.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #109
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Wow! What a big mistake to start off the game.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #110
Blade6119
Coordinator

sorry folks, i tried my best on the first bloody day with no real evidence besides his shaky resoning for voting back at me after i voted him...sry i didnt get one, but maybe now you can leave me the hell alone
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #111
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

{A Ghostly image rises from the well....}

"No hard feelings Duke Blade6119, just get your head on straight and kill some mobsters so my brother has a good place to raise his family."
Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very interesting first day.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #113
MrBug708
Head Coach

High Magistrate? Interesting...

Poor dubb though...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #114
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Ouch. Not getting one of the bad buys hurts.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #115
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
sorry folks, i tried my best on the first bloody day with no real evidence besides his shaky resoning for voting back at me after i voted him...sry i didnt get one, but maybe now you can leave me the hell alone

what I don't understand is that you voted Schmidty, but then took out dubb93?

besides trying to save yourself what makes you so sure Schmidty isn't Mafia I guess is what I'm asking?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:30 PM   #116
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
what I don't understand is that you voted Schmidty, but then took out dubb93?

besides trying to save yourself what makes you so sure Schmidty isn't Mafia I guess is what I'm asking?

I voted dubb before anyone else even started talking...dubb voted me(his words) because i voted for him and had annoyed him last game)...i switched my vote to schmidty when i got home from work since schmidty was closest to the 5 votes i had on me...i think schmidty is good, but thats just me...i only voted him hoping i wouldnt have to use my power...what makes me think it? Neon gave me, a usual bad guy, a good role...im asusming he did the same with schmidty(another usual suspect)...why dont i think its him, no real hard evidence...but that was enough for 6 people to vote me today and 3(not counting me) to vote schmidty...why vote him when i think guys not in the spotlight are much more likely...and despite my comments, i wasnt going to take dubb until he said the brother comments...i thought 2 others had said that they were brothers earlier and with 5 villagers(me included), i doubted the 4 others were all brothers...
Demotivation
Old 08-02-2005, 09:32 PM   #117
Joe
Pro Starter

well this sucks
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #118
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In X-Com, Schmidty was just a grunt. He did get whacked in day 1, though.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #119
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Neon gave me, a usual bad guy, a good role...im asusming he did the same with schmidty(another usual suspect).

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Peregrine and KWhit both said they use random number generators to determine roles in their games, so I'd think that neon_chaos would do the same.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #120
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Peregrine and KWhit both said they use random number generators to determine roles in their games, so I'd think that neon_chaos would do the same.

I used a home-brewed VB randomizer.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #121
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Hmm... the VB RNG is actually pretty poor.

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 08-02-2005 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Fix smiley
Old 08-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #122
SnDvls
Pro Starter

As a newbie to these games (I did read the two most recent though) I really did not compare past "bad guy" roles vs "good guy" roles. I did however look how people played their roles. I know it's not always accurate, but was worth a shot. I voted Schmidty because I saw him on several times today and after the first vote was cast his way with no response so it still makes me wonder. The only known for tonight is Blade. However, I do have a list of suspects I'm keeping a close eye on. I'd post an analysis, but it seems the people who do that seemed to get wacked the next day.

edit to fix Schmidty spelling

Last edited by SnDvls : 08-02-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:47 PM   #123
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
I used a home-brewed VB randomizer.

I prefer the tried and true drawing of names out of a hat.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #124
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I dunno... I posted a lot of analysis during X-Com, and I survived the whole game. Then again, I don't think any of the analysis was any good.

It's not always so easy to figure things out from the vote. I don't think we got a really solid vote for analysis in X-Com until the one where the game turned... we ultimately voted for the wrong guy (with the Duke role saving our assets), but it turned out that the entire alien bloc had voted on the same side.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:54 PM   #125
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
i hope the guy we all know im targeting is bad and you guys can win...

Since we all know who you are, got any ideas for this one now? Just be careful as the Families will also jump on them quick too.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #126
KWhit
Coordinator

Bad day today. The Duke outed and a villager killed. Not a good start.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #127
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday

It's not always so easy to figure things out from the vote.

I know that is true being that it's Team A vs Team B vs Team C vs Wildcard, but some linking can be seen.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #128
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Bad day today. The Duke outed and a villager killed. Not a good start.
I think the bigger problem is that he had to pull his vote switch today. I'm not sure he's an immediate target, with his role revealed.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #129
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know that is true being that it's Team A vs Team B vs Team C vs Wildcard, but some linking can be seen.
My best reference is X-Com. That was a straight up team A vs. team B game. Even with the day 1 vote coming down to a human vs. an alien, the other two aliens didn't actually figure in the voting. We had Neon_Chaos vote for Qwikshot (yikes, I didn't even think about that when I voted for him today, ), and Raiders Army didn't cast a vote at all. And I think in that one, Blade cast a retaliatory vote against HoopsGuy. The day 1 vote was actually misleading, as it led us to suspect some people who were just confused humans.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #130
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Since we all know who you are, got any ideas for this one now? Just be careful as the Families will also jump on them quick too.

Ill give my analysis tomorrow afternoon...i want to see which three people die tonight before i comment...yes, do i have a few leads...yes, one of them was dubb so ill hold back for a bit.
Demotivation
Old 08-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #131
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My concern at the moment is since Blade's role is now revealed, he's likely a target of the Mafia. I think we're going to see two mafia hits tonight, along with a madman kill. Since the mafia is interested in getting villagers to a 1:1 ratio, this might be bad for Blade. Dubb's death sucks, but maybe it'll keep the mafia at bay, and maybe they'll look to hunt someone else, knowing blade's role.

Now that I think of it, Blade's likely at the mercy of the mafia. Sounds bad, but maybe he'll stay alive for a bit. I'm not sure if his role allows him to switch the vote every time or not...or if it's just to save his own hide.

Hmm, I've got to get into the think tank.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:31 AM   #132
kingfc22
Head Coach

Damn. Damn. Damn. The "kill Blade first" finally backfired. And he is the freakin Duke no less. Very inauspicous start for us villagers. Hopefully, the mafia families will kill each other off to make it easier for us to crawl out of this early hole.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:40 AM   #133
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I have one more Night Action to wait on. I might come home late from work, watching a movie tonight. Which means I might be home by 9:30 or 10:00 PM here (9:30, 10:00 AM there). I'll send Night Action results when I get home, and post the results at the same time.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:37 AM   #134
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:15 AM   #135
henry296
College Starter

Blade - I assume then that you were one of the 5 regular villagers, but were given the "Special role" of Duke. That means there are only 3 other villagers remaining since you and Dubb were 2 of the 5. We also know that Kevin and I both mentioned that we knew who one of the other regular villagers where. I did not know that Blade or Dubb were villagers before last night, so I know who at least 2 of the remaining 3 villagers are.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:49 AM   #136
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Note: The Mafia and the Serial killer leave distinct marks when they kill. The Mafia after-all, want it to be known that they are taking over the territory... think of the kills like some sort of old movie...

At the stroke of midnight, the three Delena's head for SnDvls' room. He is fast asleep. They all position yourselves by his side. In one swift and coordinated motion, the DeLenas cover SnDvls' face with a pillow and wrap a firm rope around his neck. The DeLena Lieutenant pulls tight, until SnDvls' twiching body twitches no more. Satisfied, they all head back out into the street and make for their homes.

~

At the stroke of midnight, the three Santadio's walk out and head for KWhit's room... he's not there. They all decide to wait outside, and place themselves in dark spots in the street. Finally, Kwhit comes into view. He's whistling to himself as he makes his way down to the door of his house. He stops, he senses something.The Santadio all hesitate, and then decide to show themrselves.

KWhit grimaces. "Fucking Santadios."

He reaches for his gun, but the Santadio Lieutenant is quicker. One shot, to the chest, brings him down. He's still breathing.

With the Santadio Lieutenant standing over KWhit's body, Kwhit manages to utter a couple of words... "The DeLenas are going to take ov-" The Santadios don't let him finish... a pair of gunshots later and its over. They're quite pleased with themselves and head back to their houses.

~

You all wake up the next morning. You all heard the gunshots... and were afraid to go out and see what transpired. KWhit's body is riddled with three bullets. And he lies, dead on the pavement. After disposing of his body at the Well, you all go into his room. In it, was a box with letters... secret exchanges between a DeLena Grunt and two unnamed accomplices. You feel at ease that at least one of the Mafia is now dead.

You notice that SnDvls is missing. You head into his room... and find him, garrotted... an obvious mark of a Mafia-kill. After you dispose of his body at the Well, you browse through his things. You find the same picture that was found in Dubb93's room! Without a doubt, SnDvls was a Villager and one of the Brothers!

You all know that someone will be killed at the end of the day. You can now confirm that the Mafia are here in your village.

Voting Deadline will be at 9PM EDT.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-03-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #137
KWhit
Coordinator

Well that sucks.

I hate those Santadios. They're worse than Illinois Nazis.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:04 AM   #138
henry296
College Starter

Another bad night for the Villagers. We are down to 3 and one of those is Blade our Regional Magistrate.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #139
henry296
College Starter

Interesting that 2 of the 4 people who voted for Schmidty were killed last night.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Interesting that 2 of the 4 people who voted for Schmidty were killed last night.

Good point. At least one of them was a mobster. We need to protect the village.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #141
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well it was fun playing. I hope I got everyone thinking. I'll be watching with interest.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #142
KevinNU7
College Starter

Ok I think this needs to be said. Henry and I are Masons. We have no special powers except that we know that each other are just simple masons (i.e. villagers).

I think it is important to reveal this information for a couple of reasons;

1) The villagers are few and far between and it is important that we don't kill ourselves like yesterday
2) The mobsters should feel more threatened at this point by the other mob who have a oppurtunity to kill them in the evening. They will ultimatley want to kill the villagers and police but their top priority is on the other mob.
3) If I was the Madman I'd be more concerned about these night attacks then anything else, my top objective would be to kill mobsters. You are ofcourse a villager in the final counting.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #143
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

I'm pretty unsure on who to vote for, but I am sure some good analysis will come. The hard part will be separating the lies from the truth.

All I know is that Blade is a good guy

KWhit is a dead mobster

Two brothers are dead

Scmidty seems to be a suspect because the people who voted for him are dropping like flies

Anything I am missing or that you want to add?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 AM   #144
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

dola

Kevin and Henry say they are masons.

There is no way to prove or disprove them, but I believe them.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:39 AM   #145
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Another bad night for the Villagers. We are down to 3 and one of those is Blade our Regional Magistrate.

Remember that the Local Police also count as Villagers.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #146
KevinNU7
College Starter

As the game progresses we should get viewed by the cops and then everyone will believe us with certainty. In fact, considering we made these statements yesterday I am sure we got viewed last night by one of the Cops
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #147
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

We have:
2 Delenas
3 Santadios
3 Cops
3 Villagers
1 Madman
Old 08-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #148
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

That's right. Forgot about that.

There are 5 Mafia memebers (3 Santadio and 2 Delena), 3 police and 3 villagers plus 1 Serial Killer.

4 of these people have power to make night investigations and therefore each of the Mafia teams know about 5 of the remaining 12 players.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #149
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
As the game progresses we should get viewed by the cops and then everyone will believe us with certainty. In fact, considering we made these statements yesterday I am sure we got viewed last night by one of the Cops

Someone was in my room last night and can validate my role. Unless of course I was viewed by the Mafia and then they will want to kill me.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #150
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Yes it is 7-5 in favor of the villagers right now

2 masons
1 Magistrate
3 Cops
1 Psycho
------------------
3 Santadios
2 Delena's

If the Psycho goes after a non-villagers (i.e. he doesn't attack the Masons or the Magistrate) he will have a 5 out of 8 chance (63%) of killing a mobster. Not bad.