Punisher
High School JV

I can hold my own, Beast Man.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #702
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I think you'll find out yourself tomorrow.

[ooc]Just for those who don't read comics, the Punisher made a resurgence a few years back when Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon (coming from Preacher) did a twelve issue miniseries and Ma Gnucci was the main antagonist. Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon will publish a weekly six issue miniseries in December (4 issues in Dec, 2 in Jan) feature the return of Ma Gnucci: Punisher War Zone.[/ooc]
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #703
Colossus
n00b

I must take my leave for the night. I will rejoin you all rested and ready to act.

In Apocalypse' name. Good night.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #704
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Lynch (End of Day Cycle):
At the end of the Day cycle, the character who receives the most effective damage (some damage may be negated by use of active or inherent powers) is eligible for lynch. If the effective damage is greater than their remaining health, that character is removed from the game. Additionally, a second character who sustains a level of effective damage greater than or equal to twice their health rating (ex: Health of 6, if reduced to -6 or less they would fall under this rule) will suffer the same fate. So it is possible for there to be no "lynch" or for their to be two "lynches" in a given day. The tie-breaker for 2nd kill, if it comes to that, is 1.) furthest value from zero 2.) most damage sustained in current day.

Note - Apocalypse can be injured by attacks, but cannot be the victim of a conventional lynch.

In the event that there is not a day kill (excluding Day 1) Galactus will move one day closer to devouring the planet. No, this doesn't really fit from a comic book standpoint, but it does create consequences for the players if they attempt to "wait out" the minority force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Forgive me my Lord Apocalypse, but I feel it my duty to you and to my comrades in this undertaking, but I, in an effort to gain a comprehensive understanding of all the events currently surrounding us, gained a clarification from our GMs regarding the daily demise mechanic.

Someone will perish every day. Even if no attacks have been perpetrated in this public environment, the member of your followers that is, at the conclusion of the days' events, the possessor of the lowest vitality will die.

You seem to contend something to be true which is direct opposition to what has been stated by the Powers. I should like to see some support of your statement, Beast.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #705
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I can withstand the attacks of any man, and I bear no grudge. The foolish will do foolish things in the service of Lord Apocalypse, and it seems I seemed an easy target.

Still, I wonder why my fellow target Iron Fist chose to attack me so powerfully, if not effectively, when all others held their attacks to a standard one? Your hostility against Doom is noted, Iron Fist.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #706
HumanTorch
n00b

Interesting that Silver Samurai hit me without using a standard attack.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #707
HumanTorch
n00b

And by the way...ouch.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #708
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Now that we have all gathered for attacks, I can use the combined intellect of Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom, Professor X, Hank Pym, Hank McCoy, and Bruce Ban....er....forget that last guy.

This may be a little late in coming, but I propose the following strategy:

A truce between the traitors and the loyal servants of Apocalypse. We conduct standard attacks and gain energy and focus our energies on our common enemy: Galactus. Once Galactus is out of the picture, we can root out the traitors.

How does that sound?

* Peers with consternation at the Second Prelate*

I for one will not be a party to this, Mimic, absent your specific order to support it.

The nature of our situation is urgent, yes, and urgent on three separate fronts, yes. Thus it is well for Apocalypse that he doesn't have an abundance of such milksops entrusted with the management and expansion of his reign.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #709
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
Interesting that Silver Samurai hit me without using a standard attack.

My sword is my standard attack, aho. And I pulled my strike to its lightest impression.

Had I wished you real harm, you might not be in any condition to respond right now.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #710
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
No deaths - damage report to follow.

This begs comment from Dr. Henry McCoy, does it not?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #711
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
* Peers with consternation at the Second Prelate*

I for one will not be a party to this, Mimic, absent your specific order to support it.

The nature of our situation is urgent, yes, and urgent on three separate fronts, yes. Thus it is well for Apocalypse that he doesn't have an abundance of such milksops entrusted with the management and expansion of his reign.

Doom, too finds this a foolish notion. I will not be party to joining forces with any traitors to Lord Apocalypse. Zero tolerance is my lord's rule, and I will blast any rebel I discover to dust, and then deal with Galactus.

On that note we should begin planning a mission against the planet eater. It seems we should choose the members wisely as not all have the power necessary to harm the thing.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #712
ProfessorX
Mascot

Not that it is my place in particular to suggest organization to Apocalypse or the Prelates, but perhaps we are missing an obvious solution here, of teams organized around prelates for specific functions (several for attacking Galactacus on a rotating basis, and several for performing missions, and then a team under Apocalypse himself to root out the traitors?)
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #713
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
My sword is my standard attack, aho. And I pulled my strike to its lightest impression.

Had I wished you real harm, you might not be in any condition to respond right now.

Sure enough. I missed your post and was going off of the offical "didn't vote" list. Looks like Hoops figured in the attack even if he didn't list it.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #714
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Doom, too finds this a foolish notion. I will not be party to joining forces with any traitors to Lord Apocalypse. Zero tolerance is my lord's rule, and I will blast any rebel I discover to dust, and then deal with Galactus.

On that note we should begin planning a mission against the planet eater. It seems we should choose the members wisely as not all have the power necessary to harm the thing.

Though late to the festivities, Victor von Doom is already showing his worth. I should not find myself surprised at this, as Victor has proven himself a worthy and powerful adversary for decades.

I believed my particular skillset lent itself to the harassment of Galactus, yet I proved to be only of marginally greater utility than Spiderman, who, talented though he may be, is certainly no spacefaring warrior.

I could however envision a team comprised of the Surfer, Torch, Kang, Doom, Hulk, Stephen Strange, Magneto, and (on alternating days to allow for their research) Richards and Pym. This would be a formidable force indeed against even the might of the Ravager of Worlds.

And as for my role, I shall not allow myself the succor of a moment's self pity, for my failure to effect change on that front. It is clear that I must endeavor to turn the tide on other fronts, such as perhaps the daily missions.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #715
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[ ooc - Hoops/Tyrith, can we get an idea of the deadline structure for the near future? Three deadlines per day seems hard for some of us to juggle, i'm thinking. Or was that just a day 1 kinda thing? ]
Old 10-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #716
IronFist
n00b

Well, that did not feel so good.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #717
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #2 lists all deadlines for the next 24 hours and thread title is updated.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #718
Cable
Mascot

IronFist, I am glad to see you're with us fighting Galactus and these traitors. I extend my humblest apologies for attacking you. Understand that since you had not shown yourself, I was left with little choice.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #719
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
IronFist, I am glad to see you're with us fighting Galactus and these traitors. I extend my humblest apologies for attacking you. Understand that since you had not shown yourself, I was left with little choice.

You had a choice, amai. You and everyone else decided to follow blindly, rather than openly questiona nd choose your own path. Do not feel poorly, though. You are no worse off than anyone else here.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #720
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I will be returning to my castle to prepare for tomorrow's activities. Unfortunately, my armor is also in need of repair. On Day 3, Doom will wrestle with Galactus and drive him from this planet, or perform another mission as my prelates decree. Tomorrow I will have to take time out to repair the damage done to my armor so that I can stand a chance against the planet eater.

Still, I hope to find clues to the traitor in our midst and destroy him or her as well. Doom will read the thoughts of his fellow servants in the morning, and decide who will face my wrath.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #721
Apocolypse
n00b

I am pleased at the effect at the attack on Galactus. All that went gained praise for themselves, even those that were not as effective. I expect more successes in the upcoming days... Especially from the missions.
Apocolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #722
Apocolypse
n00b

I am not as pleased at one of my minions attack on me after I attacked him. There will be a suitable punishment when I deem it fit. To attack Apocalypse is a sign of working with the rebellion and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #723
hoopsguy
General Manager

Calculations + PMs are going to take awhile tomorrow. Look for results in the ballpark of 7AM CST.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 10-07-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #724
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolypse View Post
I am not as pleased at one of my minions attack on me after I attacked him. There will be a suitable punishment when I deem it fit. To attack Apocalypse is a sign of working with the rebellion and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Can it wait? We probably need everyone to stop Galactacus. I need this planet to live.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #725
SilverSamurai
n00b

I will volunteer for a mission if I am able. It seems clear my services are needed.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #726
Apocolypse
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
Can it wait? We probably need everyone to stop Galactacus. I need this planet to live.

Careful Samurai. do not presume to go against Apocalypse's will. It will happen in my time. Do not think it will happen any differently.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #727
SilverSamurai
n00b

Apocolips, you are a powerful leader. I extend to you all my respect.

But know now that I serve you best in serving myself. I serve at your side, for we have the same goals. But I bow to no one, lest he bow to me first and lower.

My sword is my own. Let us both put it to good use.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 AM   #728
SilverSamurai
n00b

Having reviewed the results of our struggle with ourselves today, I am just now coming to realize how much damage the Human Torch sustained. My strike was but a feather touch, a strip of blood across his fiery countenance. And yet, he seems likely to have come close to death, with no less than 7 points of damage.

So I must ask Colossus, if these attacks are mere training exercises for us to maintain our edge, why was his attack on the Human Torch so strong and vicious?

I offered up but one point of energy--and the Human Torch took 7 points of damage? That is what you call a Standard Attack, oh armored one?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #729
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Good to see a little heat wake up Dr. Doom and Iron Fist. Looks like now we might need to look at those who were unwilling to take any action on day 1.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #730
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
I could however envision a team comprised of the Surfer, Torch, Kang, Doom, Hulk, Stephen Strange, Magneto, and (on alternating days to allow for their research) Richards and Pym. This would be a formidable force indeed against even the might of the Ravager of Worlds.

While it is true that ultimately we must stop the Eater of Worlds I question anyone who seeks to influence people onto a mission when their talents may be better deployed routing out the traitors. You appear to be taking a very active role in attempting to organise this mission, Vision. I find this of interest considering the fact that the traitors would be very happy if the majority of our resources were spent hindering Galactacus. The benefit for them is twofold as they are just as eager to stop him while it also provides them with a free hand in their attempt to seize power.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #731
SilverSamurai
n00b

I fear that my next mission to consult with my underworld connections will keep me from confirming my interest in missions on behalf of those that only mean well to us and our world.

So I am advancing this proclamation:

I, SILVER SAMURAI, DO HEREBY COMMIT MYSELF TO THAT MISSION WHICH APOCOLIPS SENDS ME

I believe I can be an aid to any mission undertaken, however, I also believe I am more suited for the worldly missions. Although I have no fear of the menace that is Galactacus, I willfully admit that my skills in battling this particular threat my not match my resolve in doing so.

Consider this my blanket approval for any such mission over the next day period.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #732
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
Well, I have a power of meditation that can slow the eater of planets pace. It buys time, but I am guessing there is someone else that is likely unaligned for whom I should be evading.

Are you hinting that you believe there is an agent of Galactacus in our midst?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:05 AM   #733
Hulk
n00b

Quote:

I read up about Apocalypse, and it would seem that my "attack" would have almost pleased him, since he doesn't like lackey's that show weakness. I even read that he was happy one time that Archangel opposed Apocalypse, although he warned not to do it again. Not only that, but what would Hulk do? WWHD.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #734
Hulk
n00b

Quote:

HULK THOUGHT MASTER WANTED A GOOD BASHING? HULK CONFUSED!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #735
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Telepath Mission
Emma Frost
Magneto
Jean Grey
Colussus
Beast
Firebird
Gambit
QuickSilver

Galactus Mission
Silver Surfer
Kang the Conquerer
Mr Fantastic
Human Torch
Ghost Rider
The Vision
Spiderman

No Mission
Nightcrawler
Hulk
Apocalypse
Professor X
Iron Fist
Mimic
Henry Pym
Dr Doom
Cable
Doctor Strange
Aardwolf
Nick Fury
Jewel
Punisher
Scarlet Witch
Silver Samurai
Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 AM   #736
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Are you hinting that you believe there is an agent of Galactacus in our midst?
My guess is yes. I think there must be some other unaligned roles with individual win conditions.

I am willing to participate in any missions against Galactus.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 AM   #737
Hulk
n00b

HULK JOIN GALACTUS MISSION
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 AM   #738
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Post #657: Aardwolf attacks EmmaFrost
Post #675: Firebird unattacks IronFist, attacks DrDoom
Post #679: IronFist "PowerPunch" DrDoom

I am fearful for the sake of the Human Torch in asking this but has Silver Samurai's attack been calculated and simply missed from the list of attacks or has it been missed completely?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:15 AM   #739
EmmaFrost
Mascot

IronFist - 10 (Jean Grey, Kang, Ghost Rider, Cable, Vision, Nightcrawler, Beast, Prof X)
HumanTorch - 7 (Colossus, Silver Samurai)
DrDoom - 5 (Mr Fantastic, Nick Fury, Human Torch, Firebird, IronFist)
Apocalypse - 4 (Hulk Smash)
Spider-Man - 3 (Punisher)
Colossus - 2 ( )
JeanGrey - 2 (QuickSilver)
Vision - 2 (Emma Frost)
Hulk - 2 (Apocalypse)
SilverSamurai - 2 (Silver Surfer)
Gambit - 2 (Henry Pym)
Magneto - 1 (Scarlet Witch)
EmmaFrost - 1 (Aardwolf)
NickFury - 1 (Magneto)
Jewel - 1 (Mimic)
Punisher - 1 (SpiderMan)

No Attack - Dr Doom, Dr Strange, Jewel, Gambit

Of note is the fact that Human Torch suffered severe damage despite only being targeted by Colussus and Silver Samurai while Collusus, in turn, suffered damage despite being targeted by no-one. Also interesting is the fact that IronFist's "Power" Punch can only possibly have inflicted one point of damage.

Quote:
the end of day recap will include the total amount of damage delivered to each character.
The most likely explanation for the damage caused to Colossus and Human Torch is that they were damaged on their respective missions. There's also a possibility that Spider-Man, Gambit and Jean also suffered some damage on the mission (Punisher, Henry Pym and QuickSilver can illuminate the matter by declaring how much damage they inflicted - my standard attack inflicts 2 points so we can deduce that Vision was not damaged on his mission).

Moderators: Does the damage shown include damage inflicted on missions?

Until we have word on this I think it is pointless to further speculate on how this occured. I must say that it seems unlikely that the traitors would choose to forego their attacks (with the consequent loss of energy) so I have a modicum more trust in those who did not attack. However I am troubled by the possibility for some people may have the power to make their attacks in secret.

With this in mind I hope Hulk can take time out of his rampage to inform us if his standard attack inflicts 4 points of damage. The traitors would be very happy to target our master Apocalypse, hoping to weaken him with attacks.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 AM   #740
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I have my suspicions that some people were actively setting up IronFist and Dr Doom as easy targets because of the lateness of their appearance among our ranks. It seems that they were the easy choices for traitors hoping to gather enough of a following to make an easy kill.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:29 AM   #741
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
A truce between the traitors and the loyal servants of Apocalypse. We conduct standard attacks and gain energy and focus our energies on our common enemy: Galactus. Once Galactus is out of the picture, we can root out the traitors.

How does that sound?

There can be no truce. Every day that passes without a kill from now on brings the Devourer of Worlds closer to his goal.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:36 AM   #742
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Now that we have all gathered for attacks, I can use the combined intellect of Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom, Professor X, Hank Pym, Hank McCoy, and Bruce Ban....er....forget that last guy.

This may be a little late in coming, but I propose the following strategy:

How does that sound?

Forget this strategy. It must've been my proximity to the Hulk which dulled my intellect. I have a different strategy for Galactus in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision
I agree with this strategy for now, but may need some assistance from Doctor Strange or the Silver Surfer in the next day or so.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:36 AM   #743
Punisher
High School JV

The wallcrawler got all three points of damage from my shotgun. I wouldn't be looking for more answers from me until this afternoon.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #744
Beast
n00b

Quote:
You seem to contend something to be true which is direct opposition to what has been stated by the Powers. I should like to see some support of your statement, Beast.
Alas, I cannot provide the evidence which you seek, as it is a well known paramter of these communal undertakings that consultations with the manipulator are not permitted to be directly referenced in anyway.

Quote:
This begs comment from Dr. Henry McCoy, does it not?
I am perplexed. It was clear from my consultations that there was to be one homo(or suprahomo)cide per day. At this point I can only postulate that the abilities of Dr. Doom prevented him from perishing. Also a possibility is that although he suffered 10 points of damage were not sufficient to decimate his vitality past the null value necessary to cause death.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 AM   #745
hoopsguy
General Manager

Damage from Missions (or Galactus), if applicable, will be posted either in the thread or passed along to the player via PM. The avenue for communicating this may vary by Mission.

Daughter woke up early, turning my morning timetable around. Processing results now.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #746
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Damage from Missions (or Galactus), if applicable, will be posted either in the thread or passed along to the player via PM. The avenue for communicating this may vary by Mission.

Daughter woke up early, turning my morning timetable around. Processing results now.

Moderators: So damage incurred on missions will not be shown in the end of day damage results?

I want to double bold not there.

If it is then maybe Colossus and the Human Torch can inform us whether they suffered injury on the missions. If it isn't then how did Colossus get injured and how did the Human Torch suffer so much damage.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #747
DrStrange
n00b

Feel free to ask of my services for any future mission, my training with the Ancient One brings me confidence to help support Apocalypse and the prelates above me.
DrStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #748
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Moderators: So damage incurred on missions will not be shown in the end of day damage results?

I want to double bold not there.

If it is then maybe Colossus and the Human Torch can inform us whether they suffered injury on the missions. If it isn't then how did Colossus get injured and how did the Human Torch suffer so much damage.

I probably did not phrase that as well as I could have. All damage that is sustained during the day phase will show up in the damage reports. The damage report reflects damage delivered, not necessarily damage received. If characters have defenses that mitigate the damage they will not necessarily take all of the damage listed in the report.

If there is damage delivered during Mission/Galactus it will, in most cases, be public knowledge and posted in the thread. In some cases, it may be communicated by PM. But in all cases it will show up in the damage report since these are "Day" activities.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #749
hoopsguy
General Manager

All PMs have been sent out to those with night actions. PMs will still be going out to other players with Health and Energy numbers to assist with guiding your actions today.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #750
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
IronFist - 10 (Jean Grey, Kang, Ghost Rider, Cable, Vision, Nightcrawler, Beast, Prof X)
HumanTorch - 7 (Colossus, Silver Samurai)
DrDoom - 5 (Mr Fantastic, Nick Fury, Human Torch, Firebird, IronFist)
Apocalypse - 4 (Hulk Smash)
Spider-Man - 3 (Punisher)
Colossus - 2 ( )
JeanGrey - 2 (QuickSilver)
Vision - 2 (Emma Frost)
Hulk - 2 (Apocalypse)
SilverSamurai - 2 (Silver Surfer)
Gambit - 2 (Henry Pym)
Magneto - 1 (Scarlet Witch)
EmmaFrost - 1 (Aardwolf)
NickFury - 1 (Magneto)
Jewel - 1 (Mimic)
Punisher - 1 (SpiderMan)

No Attack - Dr Doom, Dr Strange, Jewel, Gambit

Of note is the fact that Human Torch suffered severe damage despite only being targeted by Colussus and Silver Samurai while Collusus, in turn, suffered damage despite being targeted by no-one. Also interesting is the fact that IronFist's "Power" Punch can only possibly have inflicted one point of damage.

The most likely explanation for the damage caused to Colossus and Human Torch is that they were damaged on their respective missions. There's also a possibility that Spider-Man, Gambit and Jean also suffered some damage on the mission (Punisher, Henry Pym and QuickSilver can illuminate the matter by declaring how much damage they inflicted - my standard attack inflicts 2 points so we can deduce that Vision was not damaged on his mission).

Moderators: Does the damage shown include damage inflicted on missions?

Until we have word on this I think it is pointless to further speculate on how this occured. I must say that it seems unlikely that the traitors would choose to forego their attacks (with the consequent loss of energy) so I have a modicum more trust in those who did not attack. However I am troubled by the possibility for some people may have the power to make their attacks in secret.

With this in mind I hope Hulk can take time out of his rampage to inform us if his standard attack inflicts 4 points of damage. The traitors would be very happy to target our master Apocalypse, hoping to weaken him with attacks.

In this particular case, the power punch destroyed his force field.