Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #801
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

While I commend Magneto for performing admirably on the mission, I see no reason to prematurely name him as our most cleared. I'll let the 5th prelate spot go to whom our master decides upon.

While I'll stop short of saying this Mimic-Magneto tango looks contrived, it's another thing I'll have an eye on.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #802
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Regarding the mission, I'll go on either. I think I'm well-suited for either.

I'm not sure if making a Prelate team is the wisest manuever out there either Mimic. My hunch is that there is someone with a power out there to hinder a team in it's entirety and allowing our most important members to all take damage would be a tenuous spot upon our defenses from a traitorous win-condition.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #803
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
What would have been the consequences of not holding the ship together? Surely preventing one's own death doesn't necessarily make one good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Exactly my thoughts.

Yes, gentlemen, it is clear that excelling on a mission does not clear one. My point of agreeing with Mimic's "cleared" comment is more a feeling I have gotten from Erik's post since we first gathered here.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #804
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Were it not for the fact that Colossus suffered damage I would consider Silver Samurai, given his actions so far, far more deserving of suspicion. But there remains the possibility that Colossus over-powered his attack, thus injuring himself. I can think of several possible scenarios to explain this but would like to hear Colossus' explanation first.

Ms. Frost, you express my own sentiments well with this.

I am in something of a quandary with regard to today's missions. Galactus seeks to devour our world with machines. And the Sentinels, which threaten us, are also mechanized devices. Violent disassembly of metallic objects is my own particular...idiom. I sense that I have value on both missions.

Sentinels which I have destroyed in the past have been designed specifically for the eradication of homo sapiens superior, not so much those whose powers come from a bottle or another source. I offer this as a possible criteria to Apocalypse and our Prelates in determining what resources to encourage to go on which mission.

I appreciate the respect shown by the Second Prelate earlier. In all things, I we submit to the will of Apocalypse.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #805
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
Dr Doom: Just how close are you to death anyway? Let's be real specific here.

That would seem to be unwise information for Doom, or any of us, to reveal. Why should we aid the rebels in carefully aiming their attacks and expending their energy?
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #806
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I would assume that Magneto's performance in the mission reflects how much energy he directed toward it. Those who spend a small amount of energy on the mission are more likely to fail in their role.

I find your rantings generally erratic and often insane, but my sense is that this is probably correct.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #807
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Dr Doom: Just how close are you to death anyway? Let's be real specific here.

Victor, I suggest caution in your reply. Remember that your audience is not homogenously friendly to you.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #808
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
That would seem to be unwise information for Doom, or any of us, to reveal. Why should we aid the rebels in carefully aiming their attacks and expending their energy?
Because I feel your skills are highly needed on the mission, but sending someone to a death sentence isn't part of my ethos.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #809
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah, I don't think it wise to be telling how much energy we have. I for one wouldn't fault the Doomster for dodging that one (though I understand what JG was aiming for).
Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #810
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Because I feel your skills are highly needed on the mission, but sending someone to a death sentence isn't part of my ethos.

I believe he answered your question prior to you asking. He intends to spend the day rebuilding his armor. I am puzzled by both your question, and your follow-up.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #811
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I believe he answered your question prior to you asking. He intends to spend the day rebuilding his armor. I am puzzled by both your question, and your follow-up.
There are needs and there are wants. I understand he wants to spend the day rebuilding and regrouping. I also understand our need of stopping the sentinels. I am wondering where his repairing falls on the need/want spectrum vs our need/want to have a successful mission. Our failure yesterday still burns within me. I do not not want a repeat and will use my power as Prelate to try and ensure that such a failure does not occur again.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #812
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

And the traitors strike while many of you seem content to run around aimlessly in your jammies.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #813
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
There are needs and there are wants. I understand he wants to spend the day rebuilding and regrouping. I also understand our need of stopping the sentinels. I am wondering where his repairing falls on the need/want spectrum vs our need/want to have a successful mission. Our failure yesterday still burns within me. I do not not want a repeat and will use my power as Prelate to try and ensure that such a failure does not occur again.

I agree that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one or the few (Thanks Spock), but do remember that we have 29 remaining team members. I'm all for knocking someone off to help us find the rebels, but we should be able to find a suitable replacement for Doom if he doesn't feel he can do the mission. I'd like to see those who haven't been part of a mission step up and throw some energy into the fray.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #814
hoopsguy
General Manager

Two items of note:
1.) Jewel is withdrawing from the game
2.) See the "Character Guesses" thread for information on an in-game contest
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #815
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

These sentinels are a real threat. We need information for our mission on how these robots are vulnerable. I leave for a mission to find out.

(ooc) I'm off to work, will we back around 5 central
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #816
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Yes, gentlemen, it is clear that excelling on a mission does not clear one. My point of agreeing with Mimic's "cleared" comment is more a feeling I have gotten from Erik's post since we first gathered here.

I believe it was general consensus that Magneto came out looking the best in the mission yesterday. If Quicksilver and the Torch had thoughts about it, why didn't they come forth yesterday?

I reiterate my claim that I can stop Galactus. I cannot stop him by myself and I cannot stop him for another three days (I need to conserve my energy). The toll will be great on me, but I will need another's assistance once I defeat Galactus.

It may be prudent to still attack Galactus since he may do something in the time it takes for me to "charge" up.

I will need the other Prelates' assistance, specifically Jean and Magneto...so I ask them again to join the Prelates of Apocalypse.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #817
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:

I could however envision a team comprised of the Surfer, Torch, Kang, Doom, Hulk, Stephen Strange, Magneto, and (on alternating days to allow for their research) Richards and Pym. This would be a formidable force indeed against even the might of the Ravager of Worlds.

(ooc) Stephen Strange? (/ooc)
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #818
Mimic
High School JV

[ooc]Dr. Strange, who was killed last night[/ooc]
Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #819
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
While it is true that ultimately we must stop the Eater of Worlds I question anyone who seeks to influence people onto a mission when their talents may be better deployed routing out the traitors. You appear to be taking a very active role in attempting to organise this mission, Vision. I find this of interest considering the fact that the traitors would be very happy if the majority of our resources were spent hindering Galactacus. The benefit for them is twofold as they are just as eager to stop him while it also provides them with a free hand in their attempt to seize power.

I believe Vision has been quite helpful thus far in suggesting missions. I also believe Vision has been quite open in ingratiating himself with the prelates and Apocalypse. While I appreciate the services thus far, I am also quite wary of him.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #820
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Mimic, I think there are multiple people, myself included, who have a long-to-develop ability to defeat Galactus. I worry though that using this tact as a main source of planet-eating-prevention is unwise.

I also have the ability to take a number of days to build a device to remove Galactus, but if it comes at the cost of not having my around to do any missions, is it really our best tact?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #821
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I believe Vision has been quite helpful thus far in suggesting missions. I also believe Vision has been quite open in ingratiating himself with the prelates and Apocalypse. While I appreciate the services thus far, I am also quite wary of him.

Ditto this, fellow prelate.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #822
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I believe it was general consensus that Magneto came out looking the best in the mission yesterday. If Quicksilver and the Torch had thoughts about it, why didn't they come forth yesterday?

There is a big difference between doing well in a mission and being "cleared". I don't disagree that he did well in the mission. I do disagree that it puts him more than a hair above anyone else. We know that he didn't sabotage the mission, but we don't know if that is because he couldn't (he's on our team), or because he chose not to.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #823
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Mimic, I think there are multiple people, myself included, who have a long-to-develop ability to defeat Galactus. I worry though that using this tact as a main source of planet-eating-prevention is unwise.

I also have the ability to take a number of days to build a device to remove Galactus, but if it comes at the cost of not having my around to do any missions, is it really our best tact?

I'm not sure. Certainly your ability is better than mine, since I would need the aid of another player to remove Galactus. Certainly Galactus is one of the win conditions and if we can remove him from the equation or develop a good strategy to remove him, we can concentrate on rooting out the traitors.

Even if it takes you a few days to defeat Galactus, I think removing one player for a few days to eliminate a long-term threat is worth it. There are plenty of people left to pursue the other missions. If we were down to 10 people, I think we would think about this in a different manner.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #824
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
There is a big difference between doing well in a mission and being "cleared". I don't disagree that he did well in the mission. I do disagree that it puts him more than a hair above anyone else. We know that he didn't sabotage the mission, but we don't know if that is because he couldn't (he's on our team), or because he chose not to.

I said that he was the most cleared of us. I didn't say he was entirely cleared. If he isn't the most cleared, then who is?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #825
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I'm not sure. Certainly your ability is better than mine, since I would need the aid of another player to remove Galactus. Certainly Galactus is one of the win conditions and if we can remove him from the equation or develop a good strategy to remove him, we can concentrate on rooting out the traitors.

Even if it takes you a few days to defeat Galactus, I think removing one player for a few days to eliminate a long-term threat is worth it. There are plenty of people left to pursue the other missions. If we were down to 10 people, I think we would think about this in a different manner.

Let's see how signups for the missions shake up and then I'll decide. If I'm not needed then maybe I'll start charging what I need to do.

I think either way though, we should have our A-game on for the sentinel mission (lots of people, good amount of energy) and a strong subset of people headed to hopefully stave off Galactus another day. If it takes me 3-4 days we certainly don't want to put all our eggs in my basket (or yours, or even both of ours)
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #826
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
And the traitors strike while many of you seem content to run around aimlessly in your jammies.

I see much commentary but very little else from you, human.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #827
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Quote:
Ditto this, fellow prelate.

I understand your wariness, and think that it is wise indeed for us all to remember that any of us, excepting only apocalypse himself, may be hiding a face of betrayal.

It may not be until the end, when all traces of resistance have fallen, that the Vision will get his due reward for his exertions. I am prepared to weather your suspicions, as I believe my contributions to our success will continue to outweigh the nagging questions that you may have, uncertain as you are of my true motives. Only my actions may speak to my loyalty.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #828
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I am who I am. Not more, not less. I assure all assembled that I am entirely devoted to Lord Apocalypse and his Prelates. I did my best in the mission yesterday. Ultimately, it was a failure, so I can only be "cleared" so much.

I have attempted to provide what suggestions and leadership I could to further the goals of Apocalypse. I will continue to do so.

I have thought about it considerably. A prelate has asked that I accompany him to the mission to fight Galactus, and unless the First Prelate or Apocalypse direct me otherwise, I do not see that I can legitimately refuse.

Join Galactus Mission
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #829
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:

I would agree with the second Prelate here. Our very existence is at stake with Galactus. If there are people amongst us who can slow/stop his advance, it is best we let them work now when there are more of us around to cover for their absences in missions. But we should also not just blindly accept it when someone, forgive me prelates and outside of Lord Apocalypse of course, tells us they have a way to defeat the World-Devourer and needs time to develop it. That would be a very good place for the opposition to attempt to hide their true intentions from us. I have no suspicion of either Prelate Kang or Mimic when I say that-just thought we need to consider that point is all.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #830
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I will need the other Prelates' assistance, specifically Jean and Magneto...so I ask them again to join the Prelates of Apocalypse.

With respect, Prelate, I am not one of your number and do not feel it proper for me to join your group. I believe it makes the most sense for me to remain a member of the Brotherhood.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #831
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Agreed Henry. I realize that in a way but spilling the beans on my ability casts upon myself the same shadow I'm suggesting, but it warrants a mention. I also think it unlikely that Mimic and myself are the only two with this ability.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #832
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

If I quit my current team and join the prelate team but don't go on the mission does that hinder the team effect?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #833
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

I believe that Vision was attempting to try to fill a void in mission organization that was much needed and wanted. Evidently he has more time available to the cause and can dedicate more of his focus to ensure that we were organized. I don't think he was trying to push any kind of agenda, but instead I got the feeling that he was attempting to step up as no one else appeared to have the desire to do so.

I am a bit wary of others that come across as attempting to subtly discourage people who are trying to participate as it feels to me as if they are in turn trying to discourage mission preparation and mission organization. I would encourage Vision to continue to try to work that he has started as it appears very few others right now either have the time or desire to ensure that our missions are covered adequately. I would also hope that Vision received some consideration for the empty Prelate position as he has shown more leadership thus far than many of the other worthy considerations for the placement.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #834
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:

It remains my firm belief that the traitors will not sabotage any mission at least at this early date. The suspicion gathered is not worth the benefit in my eyes.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #835
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If I quit my current team and join the prelate team but don't go on the mission does that hinder the team effect?

Team impact on Mission is predicated on number of participating teammates. At least at this stage in the game Guys on sidelines don't hurt the team on the Mission, but don't benefit them either.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 10-08-2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: changed to red font
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #836
HenryPym
Mascot

So anyone believe they have a strong candidate for us to pursue with our attacks today? There is something to inspect in the Silver Samurai/Human Torch/Colossus triangle perhaps, but mostly I feel we are grasping at straws still much like Day 1.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #837
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:

Do you know the specific player you need the aid from?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #838
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
I said that he was the most cleared of us. I didn't say he was entirely cleared. If he isn't the most cleared, then who is?

Apocalypse.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #839
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:

He may be the most cleared of us, but it is by an amount so small that the distinction isn't helpful. I wouldn't put him on the suspect list, but I also wouldn't take him off of the completely unknown list.

In my mind you are making a scary jump to any level of "cleared". It makes me wonder if you decided not to sabotage the mission just so this cleared talk could come up.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #840
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Let's see how signups for the missions shake up and then I'll decide. If I'm not needed then maybe I'll start charging what I need to do.

I think either way though, we should have our A-game on for the sentinel mission (lots of people, good amount of energy) and a strong subset of people headed to hopefully stave off Galactus another day. If it takes me 3-4 days we certainly don't want to put all our eggs in my basket (or yours, or even both of ours)

Kang, if you truly believe that you might be able in a mere three or four days to rid us entirely of the threat from Galactus, then I say that you, and Mimic as well, would do well to begin those preparations now.

While we still have so many present, this is the time when we can most afford your absence from daily missions. Mimic alluded to this as well.

In the mean time, a team of seven, at least two of which were minimally helpful, seemed to give Galactus pause. I would venture to say we can continue that effort without you two, for a few days, rotating participants as necessary.

That should leave us plenty of talent to draw from to react to these missions. And when the otherworldly threat is gone, we'll have even more resources at our disposal to root out the vermin among us.

In summary, I see dedicating seven of us to the threat of Galactus, with the expectation of that investment paying off within four days, as a very wise use of our abilities.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #841
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] busy morning [/ooc]

If it is determined that a telepath might add the mission against the Sentinals, I am happy to pledge my service there today. The lack of a mission and my attack yesterday means that I could devote more than standard energy to the mission. Or I could rest and continue to build energy for a more suitable mission.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #842
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
With respect, Prelate, I am not one of your number and do not feel it proper for me to join your group. I believe it makes the most sense for me to remain a member of the Brotherhood.

Unfortunately I jumped the gun and quit the Brotherhood before I had coordinated actions with you. I understand completely and wish you the best of luck with the Brotherhood. Perhaps when Apocalypse checks in, things will change.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #843
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
I understand your wariness, and think that it is wise indeed for us all to remember that any of us, excepting only apocalypse himself, may be hiding a face of betrayal.

It may not be until the end, when all traces of resistance have fallen, that the Vision will get his due reward for his exertions. I am prepared to weather your suspicions, as I believe my contributions to our success will continue to outweigh the nagging questions that you may have, uncertain as you are of my true motives. Only my actions may speak to my loyalty.

I do wish for you to continue as you have, you have helped to increase my knowledge of members I am not so familiar with. As you say, your actions will speak for you.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #844
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

OK then

Leave current team (Strike?)

Join Prelate team
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #845
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Ms. Grey, to better answer your concern, I am at risk of dying from a single attack tonight if I do not first repair my armor. No more shall Doom reveal lest the traitors prosper and Doom falls, leaving Lord Apocalypse with one less servant.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #846
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

After much thought and consideration, I also am a bit wary of a few things that Mimic has brought forth. Perhaps it is not my place to criticize a prelate, and if that is the case I expect Apocolypse to punish me accordingly.. however I feel there is a seperate agenda at hand here somewhat.

Mimic was the only one eager enough to forcefully assign someone on a mission that ended up disastrously, to the point of sending them without any time for preparation before hand.

Mimic seemed overly eager to assign clearance to another member based on the results of the failed mission yesterday by proclaiming Magneto to be "most cleared". This is not meant as any slight to Magneto as he has come across with his words and actions to me as one that is not a traitor, and I don't have any negative feelings regarding him, I feel this direct correlation of mission result to clearance is faulty at best.

I am concerned with Mimic overstepping his role by already including Magneto in on a prelate team before any such thing has happened..

And I am very concerned that after all of my talk yesterday regarding how important the teams may end up being for mission bonuses and the like, that today Mimic feels it necessary to not ruin only one team's chemistry, but instead is trying to break apart multiple teams and any bonus that we may be working on (due to time spent together as a team) in order to form a new team.

Perhaps I am just misunderstanding his intentions greatly, but the sum of all of these actions cause me a slight bit of concern today. Once again if this is not my place to criticize a prelate, I humbly apologize, but felt it needed to be said.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #847
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Do you know the specific player you need the aid from?

I may receive aid from yourself as well as some others in the group. Perhaps if you are so inclined 1st Prelate, you could aid me. I would need you to "charge" me so that I could remove Galactus. You may PM the GMs to work out the specifics.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #848
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

There's a Prelate team?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #849
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
OK then

Leave current team (Strike?)

Join Prelate team

Welcome to the team. Hopefully the other Prelates will join us as well as Lord Apocalypse.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #850
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I believe that Vision was attempting to try to fill a void in mission organization that was much needed and wanted. Evidently he has more time available to the cause and can dedicate more of his focus to ensure that we were organized. I don't think he was trying to push any kind of agenda, but instead I got the feeling that he was attempting to step up as no one else appeared to have the desire to do so.

I am in agreement with you as to the worth of Vision's services to date. I would be remiss though were I not to note the other possible motivation for such early service.